Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

as hard as this is...I have GOT to hold for a bit  like you ATU, 1.5mgs is KILLING me  except my sleep is not good but whats worse is my head symptoms..I am not able to walk without holding onto things...

so I am back...I hate that I am....but I am being forced to hold for a bit...at least until I see neurologist in June...My GP said he is not comfortable believeing that my symptoms are all from benzos

who knows

but if I thought life sucked back when I was on 7 mgs...I had no idea how bad it can really get

Hang in there lainey. You've had a rough time and I hope you get relief quickly.  :)--V

as hard as this is...I have GOT to hold for a bit  like you ATU, 1.5mgs is KILLING me  except my sleep is not good but whats worse is my head symptoms..I am not able to walk without holding onto things...

so I am back...I hate that I am....but I am being forced to hold for a bit...at least until I see neurologist in June...My GP said he is not comfortable believeing that my symptoms are all from benzos

who knows

but if I thought life sucked back when I was on 7 mgs...I had no idea how bad it can really get

You tapered from 6.5mg to 1.25mg  that is pretty fast and had sx all the way down not stopping but pushing though, all I know what helped me when I went through the same exact thing you are, was to up dose to highest dose, but it took me twice before I realized I had went too fast both times and it was only my last up dose that the light came on and that is why I am doing well now. I had to learn the hard way, but Lainey your brain is screaming for you to rest and IMHO, you are too unstable and it just does not happen without aid of more medication most usually, just my thoughts as I have walked the same path as you as many have here.

who knows

You tapered from 6.5mg to 1.25mg  that is pretty fast and had sx all the way down not stopping but pushing though, all I know what helped me when I went through the same exact thing you are, was to up dose to highest dose, but it took me twice before I realized I had went too fast both times and it was only my last up dose that the light came on and that is why I am doing well now. I had to learn the hard way, but Lainey your brain to screaming for you to rest and IMHO I think you are going to up dose also, you are too unstable and it just does not happen without aid of more medication, just my thoughts as I have walked the same path as you.

How do you know what to updose to?

What is wrong with me? All I want to do is sleep! I'm not physically tired, just sooo sleepy!

I have not taken any mirtazapine for two days. I only take it about once every 12 days or so. But I feel like I have just taken it.

I slept for 8 hours last night and all I took was 1 1/2 melatonin. then went back to sleep after breakfast and slept another three hours.

I recently cut my dose of melatonin from 3 mg to 1 1/2 mg. Could that be it?  I've heard that less is more with melatonin.

Maybe I don't need the melatonin at all anymore? Mayb I should cut out the melatonin all together?

I am at 1.5 mg and am in the middle of a hold, day 17.

Any suggestions?

Heath :o???:-\

who knows

You tapered from 6.5mg to 1.25mg  that is pretty fast and had sx all the way down not stopping but pushing though, all I know what helped me when I went through the same exact thing you are, was to up dose to highest dose, but it took me twice before I realized I had went too fast both times and it was only my last up dose that the light came on and that is why I am doing well now. I had to learn the hard way, but Lainey your brain to screaming for you to rest and IMHO I think you are going to up dose also, you are too unstable and it just does not happen without aid of more medication, just my thoughts as I have walked the same path as you.

How do you know what to updose to?

The last dose you felt good at, or able to be functional.

Hi Lainy,

I remember seeing a post from you when I first found this long hold support group. But I haven't seen you here after that. Sorry you are back in the throes of wdsx but I'm sure you know everyone here will support you every way we can. I see you have Already gotten some very good support.

I noticed in your signature that many of your most recent cuts have been - .25. I used to cut pretty big cuts too but my body couldn't handle it. I crashed and had to do a hold of about 4 months, which isn't all that long in the scheme of things.

I see Begood post where she advises very small cuts. I agree with her. When ever she gives me advice it is spot on.

I have heard it said, and I do really be,ieve it now from experience, that the lower you go, the smaller your cuts have to be.

Maybe, when you are finished holding, when you start to cut again, you should cut very small, ( just saying, imo) like Begood suggested, . I only cut .02 right now which is extremely tiny. But it is keeping most of my wdsx away. Perhaps the .25 you are cutting us way too big. Maybe a cut of .1 for a start would be a good test?  Just imo again. But I'm sure you will figure it out.

I am definitely no expert.

Good luck Lainy! I hope your hold finds relief for you.

Heath :):thumbsup:

What is wrong with me? All I want to do is sleep! I'm not physically tired, just sooo sleepy!

I have not taken any mirtazapine for two days. I only take it about once every 12 days or so. But I feel like I have just taken it.

I slept for 8 hours last night and all I took was 1 1/2 melatonin. then went back to sleep after breakfast and slept another three hours.

I recently cut my dose of melatonin from 3 mg to 1 1/2 mg. Could that be it?  I've heard that less is more with melatonin.

Maybe I don't need the melatonin at all anymore? Mayb I should cut out the melatonin all together?

Any suggestions?

Heath, I've battled fatigue off and on throughout this taper. I believe a lot has to do with adrenal function and hormones. I don't know if there is a way to avoid the fatigue. I think our bodies are working so hard to heal from the damage that we require more rest at times.  :)--V

Any suggestions?

Heath, I've battled fatigue off and on throughout this taper. I believe a lot has to do with adrenal function and hormones. I don't know if there is a way to avoid the fatigue. I think our bodies are working so hard to heal from the damage that we require more rest at times.  :)--V

I agree, do not change anything, and just rest, I think your Brain is healing and needs you to rest so it can do its hard work... :)

Any suggestions?

I'm tired but have insomnia and can't nap nightmare!

Thanks, BeGood and V,

I won't change anything. I hope it is really just that my brain is healing like you said. That is quite encouraging!

Right now, , I'm going back to sleep!

Heath :smitten:

Thanks, BeGood and V,

I won't change anything. I hope it is really just that my brain is healing like you said. That is quite encouraging!

Right now, , I'm going back to sleep!

Heath :smitten:

It is Heath, many are having the same thing going on, remember "Trust The Process of Healing"...you are going to be fine I know that for sure. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm three days into a window.. yay!  Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful female long holders!!  <3

I'm three days into a window.. yay!  Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful female long holders!!  <3

No four days actually  :)

No four days actually  :)

Great news George!  Happy Mother's Day! :smitten:

Is sweating or flu like feeling a sign of tolerance withdrawl when holding? I'm scared I have developed rapid tolerance since I'm such a short time user?

Is sweating or flu like feeling a sign of tolerance withdrawl when holding? I'm scared I have developed rapid tolerance since I'm such a short time user?

Hope. I can assure you it's withdrawal. When I cut too fast at the beginning of my taper I was drenched in sweat and had to change clothes at least 3 times a day. The flu like feeling is also very normal in benzo withdrawal. Commonly referred to as the benzo flu. It should get easier once you stabilize and then do a,slow symptom based taper.  :)--V

[glow=red,2,300]"Great news, it gets better"[/glow]  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

George..... Great news on your window !  :thumbsup:

Heath... I too have had a few days of extreme fatigue , it's going away now . But now this afternoon Ive had lead legs again and now tremors and really shaky ..... I thought I was stabilizing , but I'm so all over the place still with symptoms .

I'm wondering if it's a supplement. I take a few , not a lot , but a few . I try to keep it to ones that seem safe , and I do use magnesium oil at night to help my restless legs. I've been having a harder time sleeping too which is new, even tho I'm so tired .

I've been here before -feeling  like this..... Seems I am still in mostly waves , and occasional ' better ' days.

Valley , I stopped taking my 2-1/2 mgs lDN a few days ago ,as I thought maybe it was interfering with my sleep. I wonder if that's effecting me ? I also vaped some CBD with a little THC last night , with no ill effects at the time , could that have done something..... I don't know .....I wonder if I shouldn't just stop all supplements, except the magnesium oil and the krill oil, which I've been taking all along.

I expect it's just another benzo wave , just don't want to be triggering anything with other stuff. Wondering if I'll EVER stabilize !

Hope everyone's doing well otherwise ,

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Heath... I too have had a few days of extreme fatigue , it's going away now . But now this afternoon Ive had lead legs again and now tremors and really shaky ..... I thought I was stabilizing , but I'm so all over the place still with symptoms .

I'm wondering if it's a supplement. I take a few , not a lot , but a few . I try to keep it to ones that seem safe , and I do use magnesium oil at night to help my restless legs. I've been having a harder time sleeping too which is new, even tho I'm so tired .

I've been here before -feeling  like this..... Seems I am still in mostly waves , and occasional ' better ' days.

Valley , I stopped taking my 2-1/2 mgs lDN a few days ago ,as I thought maybe it was interfering with my sleep. I wonder if that's effecting me ? I also vaped some CBD with a little THC last night , with no ill effects at the time , could that have done something..... I don't know .....I wonder if I shouldn't just stop all supplements, except the magnesium oil and the krill oil, which I've been taking all along.

I expect it's just another benzo wave , just don't want to be triggering anything with other stuff. Wondering if I'll EVER stabilize !

I have had the lead legs off and on for brief periods, a very strange feeling when trying to walk, just another gift from the benzo's that keep on giving... :tickedoff:

I have had the lead legs off and on for brief periods, a very strange feeling when trying to walk, just another gift from the benzo's that keep on giving... :tickedoff:

So weird Begood .... It like trying to move something that's not a part of you. I know this symptom passes , it always does , and doesn't usually last longer than a day. I often have difficulty walking though , and that's a drag, I just have to move really slowly . What's weird is its so not about muscle, because when my legs are ok , I have no problem walking!  :tickedoff:  Ticked off indeed !

:smitten:

Wishing all Moms a Window-ful Mother's Day

http://www.5stardesigns.co.uk/5star/county/swapmeet19/SM19-253/1.jpg

And for all children today, young and old, may you hold your mom close,

be it in your arms or in your heart.

On a more practical note,

even those of us who feel like garbage today,

even as we hold,

we are all one day closer to freedom!

http://blogs.greenville.edu/instructionaltechnology/files/2014/01/Turning_Pages_of_the-Calendar1.jpg

Hugs to all my fellow turtles! :hug:

It may be wise to dump all supplements and start from scratch. I just had blood work at my endocrinologist's office and I had several things come back way to high like b12 which I have been taking every day. We just never know what is affecting us and how.  :)--V

Hi... My Best to all...

-Just trying to see if I can break the world Sleep record...

Note... my sleep seems to be getting deeper and more refreshing... even getting stupid dreams again... -Feels like a form of healing...

Be well...

Hi... My Best to all...

-Just trying to see if I can break the world Sleep record...

Note... my sleep seems to be getting deeper and more refreshing... even getting stupid dreams again... -Feels like a form of healing...

Be well...

Wonderful news on the sleep Cant! :smitten: :smitten:

[c7...]