Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hope, holds help many i think mine is helping and its only been 10 days and i am no rush to go back into the Rabbit Hole if i can help it ! And that Turtle is making me hungry Cant  ;)

Do holds ever cause tolerance withdrawl?

Hope, i honestly have no idea i been tapering for 2 1/2 years from 4 mgs klonopin and now in the 20`s mg wise of valium and no more more k , sure i feel worse actually can`t wait for my pm dose of v but back to the question of tolorance w/d i was most likely in it for years on the 4 mgs of k . After all i just wrote again honestly i really don`t know and hopefully others will jump in on this question ! Like Valley said don`t get to worked up over things and such as i know it`s hard but listen to your body it wil tell you alot more then you believe so trust your feelings and keep asking what you need to there are many who can offer their opinions ! Hang tight and do your best you will get thru this Cluster ( blank ) ~CD

I'm new to all this. There's so much conflicting advice. What do you all of you guys do nutritional wise?

Hope, holds help many i think mine is helping and its only been 10 days and i am no rush to go back into the Rabbit Hole if i can help it ! And that Turtle is making me hungry Cant  ;)

Hope, i honestly have no idea i been tapering for 2 1/2 years from 4 mgs klonopin and now in the 20`s mg wise of valium and no more more k , sure i feel worse actually can`t wait for my pm dose of v but back to the question of tolorance w/d i was most likely in it for years on the 4 mgs of k . After all i just wrote again honestly i really don`t know and hopefully others will jump in on this question ! Like Valley said don`t get to worked up over things and such as i know it`s hard but listen to your body it wil tell you alot more then you believe so trust your feelings and keep asking what you need to there are many who can offer their opinions ! Hang tight and do your best you will get thru this Cluster ( blank ) ~CD

I'm new to all this. There's so much conflicting advice. What do you all of you guys do nutritional wise?

well BG eats salad turtle sandwiches, as above...

Personaly I eat whatever I have the energy to get, make, or eaven just eat... I cant eat pizza without risk of constipation... and i eat lots of organic carrots, rather than so much junk food... but i still eat plenty of that... prob bad to ask me...

I would advise a normal healthy diet with plenty of water... simple is good...

:)

Me ummm i just eat lost weight so try to keep it on but most eat right me not so much heck i am drinking a cup of black coffee right now so i am no example !

I think on the subject of eating, well yes it is always best to eat healthy whatever that means but we must eat. I think it is important to eat a balanced diet smaller meals throughout the day and healthy snacks. But even there I think it's ok to endulge once in a while,... all things in moderation.

Yes, lots of water. Minimize sweets.

If something is know to cause you problems now and then, during withdrawal it will be even worse so common sense here.

ATU 🙏

I eat what I want but I've never eaten junk food such as desserts, candy or other garbage considered non nutritional.  :)--V

oh Bite Me!!! -ha ha..

Hope I Answered on another support thread.. Gabapentin, I think... sorry my memory is shot...

But yes, Did and Is, helping me...

As for Tolerance, (which i think is different from WD)...

I think only if one held for a very long time beyond necissary...

Valley, I think BG wants cookie to hatch a turtle egg...

Is that possible to have a turtle and a chook....what would the wee one be a "chotle", help me here...I have no idea how eggs are laid... ::)

Hmmm.... could be a turcken.  :laugh:

oh Bite Me!!! -ha ha..

Hope I Answered on another support thread.. Gabapentin, I think... sorry my memory is shot...

Is that possible to have a turtle and a chook....what would the wee one be a "chotle", help me here...I have no idea how eggs are laid... ::)

Found one.

XN8QdSLRA4-3.png

Definitely agreeing with everyone who said limit sugar. I would add limit refined carbs such as white bread. Eat healthy fats. The brain needs lots of fat. Olive oil, coconut oil, fatty fish, pastured butter. Yum! Of course, lots of fruits and veggies and some protein, but you knew that. I like to buy convenience fruits and veggies or I doubt I would have the energy to eat many. So, pre-washed and bagged greens, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, bagged shredded cabbage. Anything easy. And then there are the days I'm lucky to eat anything. Eating something is better than eating nothing. The brain needs fuel.

As for tolerance withdrawal, it's a controversial subject. Some say it's a huge danger. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it's mis-named. Tolerance withdrawal is something I have a hard time understanding, so I can't help with that, sorry.

But I also don't understand walking turtle sandwiches. :idiot: And turcken! Plenty on here I don't understand! :laugh:

Gard :smitten:

oh Bite Me!!! -ha ha..

Found one.

XN8QdSLRA4-3.png

Thanks Valley for the visaul, not sure if I would want to eat that, in fact I do not want to eat "Tur[glow=red,2,300]chen"[/glow] think I will stick to my turtle sandwich' s... :) 

I think on the subject of eating, well yes it is always best to eat healthy whatever that means but we must eat. I think it is important to eat a balanced diet smaller meals throughout the day and healthy snacks. But even there I think it's ok to endulge once in a while,... all things in moderation.

If something is know to cause you problems now and then, during withdrawal it will be even worse so common sense here.

ATU 🙏

How are you doing, glad to see you here, been wondering. Hope you are past that bad patch. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Everyone... sorry, I Crashed with fatigue for a couple of days...

Miyu I have been following your posts with particular interest and relatability... (if thats a word)

I have been wondering about V causing the fatigue.. -and the need to try a cut..  My poor taper buddy must be going mad by now...

But I think your reasoning not to taper yet is sound FWIW..

-no matter how much V i took in the past, It never made me feel like this...

And there are too many signs of other instability, to begin to think im not still healing and adjusting..

What I am having is a huge shake up...

Cracking the egg before I hatch... So to speak...

I so nearly got tricked into another cut...

Stay strong...

So many great posts over the last days!!!

My Best to All...

Hi CF...... I think we'll allow that word, I think we are allowed to make up any words we want during this process :)

I agree , lots of great posts ......

Really feeling for you Nova though , what an ordeal you are going through. Hang in there , and yes , I hope and PRAY that idiot upstairs goes away. You are onto him now , and he's gonna have to straighten up his act .  :smitten:

CF - It's interesting that you too are feeling so tired on a 1/4 the dose that I am on....which makes me feel it's not the V? But actually the body adjusting .... I don't know . Anyway , as wise Nova said , if you don't know what to do,  do nothing . So that's where I'm at.... And really hoping I WILL know what to do soon.... We' ll see .

Keep posting so we can compare notes , and I will too.

I too am feeling tempted to cut as I am sooooo tired the last few days . I have never felt quite this tired on the V . Perhaps it's our bodies trying to heal and telling us to stay put and rest? I don't know . I sure feel it come on strongly after a dose though.

Love, MiYu

Hi Everyone... sorry, I Crashed with fatigue for a couple of days...

Miyu I have been following your posts with particular interest and relatability... (if thats a word)

I have been wondering about V causing the fatigue.. -and the need to try a cut..  My poor taper buddy must be going mad by now...

But I think your reasoning not to taper yet is sound FWIW..

-no matter how much V i took in the past, It never made me feel like this...

And there are too many signs of other instability, to begin to think im not still healing and adjusting..

What I am having is a huge shake up...

Cracking the egg before I hatch... So to speak...

I so nearly got tricked into another cut...

Stay strong...

So many great posts over the last days!!!

My Best to All...

Hi CF...... I think we'll allow that word, I think we are allowed to make up any words we want during this process :)

I agree , lots of great posts ......

Really feeling for you Nova though , what an ordeal you are going through. Hang in there , and yes , I hope and PRAY that idiot upstairs goes away. You are onto him now , and he's gonna have to straighten up his act .  :smitten:

CF - It's interesting that you too are feeling so tired on a 1/4 the dose that I am on....which makes me feel it's not the V? But actually the body adjusting .... I don't know . Anyway , as wise Nova said , if you don't know what to do,  do nothing . So that's where I'm at.... And really hoping I WILL know what to do soon.... We' ll see .

Keep posting so we can compare notes , and I will too.

I too am feeling tempted to cut as I am sooooo tired the last few days . I have never felt quite this tired on the V . Perhaps it's our bodies trying to heal and telling us to stay put and rest? I don't know . I sure feel it come on strongly after a dose though.

Love, MiYu

Hi MiYu, I too had a period of intense fatigue, not long ago, not sure what dose I was on, thinking 1mg or slightly below. It was overwhelming and I could hardly do a thing, everything I did was so hard, and since I must walk for my health, I was not able to do that, about the only things I could do, cook meals as I must eat, and I did some housework, but a poor job and in stages, it was really a hard time. But I too felt like it was something my Brain was trying to tell me, to rest and allow it to do its healing. And happy to say after a bit it went away. Now I am just plain lazy and that has nothing to do with wd.....just plain good old lazy and you know what it is a nice change.... ;D. Going through this all has taught me that I do not have to be OCD about everything and that I just need to be one with self and not stress the little things in life, now the  >:D benzo's is my target and will  :oXo: all the way down to my goal . :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Do any of you have physical head symptoms?

Hi Hope. What do you mean by physical head sxs?  I am assuming it's not mental sxs so I'm just trying to get a better idea.  :)--V

Hi MiYu, I too had a period of intense fatigue, not long ago, not sure what dose I was on, thinking 1mg or slightly below. It was overwhelming and I could hardly do a thing, everything I did was so hard, and since I must walk for my health, I was not able to do that, about the only things I could do, cook meals as I must eat, and I did some housework, but a poor job and in stages, it was really a hard time. But I too felt like it was something my Brain was trying to tell me, to rest and allow it to do its healing. And happy to say after a bit it went away. Now I am just plain lazy and that has nothing to do with wd.....just plain good old lazy and you know what it is a nice change.... ;D. Going through this all has taught me that I do not have to be OCD about everything and that I just need to be one with self and not stress the little things in life, now the  >:D benzo's is my target and will  :oXo: all the way down to my goal . :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you BG..... I think you are right . when we are that tired there's no point pushing our bodies .

Yesterday I didn't even get out of my pjs  ::)

You are so close! What a celebration that will be when you slide gently off the  >:D .

I'm smiling for you already  :)

Love , MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi  Hope  :hug:  the post's below maybe helpful for you to read and ease some of your worries hopefully :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yeah, the way "tolerance withdrawal' is bandied about on the benzo boards (try saying that five times really fast) drives me nuts. Especially since like you said, it's usually used to scare people into keeping cutting faster, which is almost always the opposite of what they need to be doing. VERY rarely is "just keep cutting" the right answer. Drives me nuts. Feels like I'm always the voice in the wilderness on that one. People go too fast, get into withdrawal, hold for a short time; their symptoms get worse (unrelated to the hold, it's just ongoing withdrawal from going too fast before); they get told they're in "tolerance withdrawal" and they need to start cutting again. Yet when someone CTs and has prolonged withdrawal for months or years, nobody says it's "tolerance withdrawal", because obviously that's impossible if you aren't taking the drug. What's called tolerance withdrawal is almost always just plain delayed withdrawal symptoms which are pretty much universal with benzos. Benzos are notoriously up and down and nonlinear and long and drawn out, in withdrawal. Okay, thanks for letting me rant about that. The whole thing drives me nuts (she says for the third time).

Sorry, I still don't get tolerance withdrawal.

1) there is tolerance withdrawal before people start to taper

I believe this would be the physiological effect of addiction -- your body is craving more of the drug to obtain the same effect. Calling it withdrawal is a stretch.

2) tolerance withdrawal that occurs when people hold too long

The idea is to taper slowly so downregulated receptors get time to re-adapt, along with the rest of the nervous system. "Tolerance withdrawal" when people hold too long sounds like plain old withdrawal symptoms catching up. I can't see how further destabilizing the nervous system by persisting with a taper can remedy this.

3) the fact tolerance withdrawal stops or lessens when people are cutting.

If it does this, it's because receptors are re-adapting. That would be a successful rate of taper. If the receptors are re-adapting, a hold in the middle of a taper would not do any harm -- it would probably help consolidate the recovery of the nervous system.

So I still don't get "tolerance withdrawal." It seems like a misleading term for a hazy concept.

Tolerance withdrawal, in the context of a taper, does not exist. We were already tolerant to the benzo at the higher dose when it wasn't working, so it stands to reason that we will be tolerant to all of the lower doses we taper down to. Some people think that if you hold too long at a particular dose in your taper, you become tolerant to it and experience symptoms. Often, what these symptoms are, are symptom from the previous cut. For instance, someone cutting 0.25mg a fortnight Valium may complain of tolerance withdrawal symptoms when they hold for a few more weeks at the new dose, but what they are actually experiencing, are symptoms from the other cuts, catching up with them.

As for tolerance withdrawal, boy, that sure can scare the hell out of a person doing a benzo taper, but it really seems more like the body playing catch up. I just don't understand how people who support this can so readily ignore the fact that benzos, certain ones in particular, can stay in the body for a long time. I was just looking up half life on klonopin because when I am nearing the 2mg mark I want to move from three times a day to two times a day, which I believe can be done though it will no doubt trigger IW until my body adapts, but each time I cut, I have experienced IW and then it has passed, but I digress. When I was looking at the half lifes and how long some of these benzos stay in the body, IIRC some of them were 100 days as a maximum. That astounded me. It also made me realize that if a drug remains in your body for over 30 days during that 30 days, what is the amount it is in your body at?

I would presume the amount is related to the dose you were taking, a level if you will, that is in your body. And if you cut and keep cutting, you would eventually hit a point where a higher amount was in your system despite that you have been taking a lower dose and then it adjust to the new lower amount after that said time frame passes. So your cuts may be going well, but if it is staying in your body at a previous level or a level higher than your dose, when that level drops according to your cuts, you will feel it.

That is when withdrawal will hit and a hold would be required because of the half life issue, no? Continuing to cut through that would just make it worse. And I can't imagine a hold triggering withdrawal. During my 'stabilization' where I held at 3.5mg which was lower than my average, I held for six weeks (longer than that magical month) and in the last two weeks of that hold, all withdrawal effects were gone. I was 'normal' again barring some very minor morning tremors that eventually dissipated and were IW.

Nova, i hope your doing ok and thank you for post all of this about tolerance ! It is a very controversial topic on this site as most of us know To all Good Morning @ Hope yes head symptoms here for sure but not sure what your asking so feel to ask and i will gladly explain mine to you ~ CD

Hi  Hope  :hug:  the post's below maybe helpful for you to read and ease some of your worries hopefully :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yeah, the way "tolerance withdrawal' is bandied about on the benzo boards (try saying that five times really fast) drives me nuts. Especially since like you said, it's usually used to scare people into keeping cutting faster, which is almost always the opposite of what they need to be doing. VERY rarely is "just keep cutting" the right answer. Drives me nuts. Feels like I'm always the voice in the wilderness on that one. People go too fast, get into withdrawal, hold for a short time; their symptoms get worse (unrelated to the hold, it's just ongoing withdrawal from going too fast before); they get told they're in "tolerance withdrawal" and they need to start cutting again. Yet when someone CTs and has prolonged withdrawal for months or years, nobody says it's "tolerance withdrawal", because obviously that's impossible if you aren't taking the drug. What's called tolerance withdrawal is almost always just plain delayed withdrawal symptoms which are pretty much universal with benzos. Benzos are notoriously up and down and nonlinear and long and drawn out, in withdrawal. Okay, thanks for letting me rant about that. The whole thing drives me nuts (she says for the third time).

Sorry, I still don't get tolerance withdrawal.

1) there is tolerance withdrawal before people start to taper

I believe this would be the physiological effect of addiction -- your body is craving more of the drug to obtain the same effect. Calling it withdrawal is a stretch.

2) tolerance withdrawal that occurs when people hold too long

The idea is to taper slowly so downregulated receptors get time to re-adapt, along with the rest of the nervous system. "Tolerance withdrawal" when people hold too long sounds like plain old withdrawal symptoms catching up. I can't see how further destabilizing the nervous system by persisting with a taper can remedy this.

3) the fact tolerance withdrawal stops or lessens when people are cutting.

If it does this, it's because receptors are re-adapting. That would be a successful rate of taper. If the receptors are re-adapting, a hold in the middle of a taper would not do any harm -- it would probably help consolidate the recovery of the nervous system.

So I still don't get "tolerance withdrawal." It seems like a misleading term for a hazy concept.

Tolerance withdrawal, in the context of a taper, does not exist. We were already tolerant to the benzo at the higher dose when it wasn't working, so it stands to reason that we will be tolerant to all of the lower doses we taper down to. Some people think that if you hold too long at a particular dose in your taper, you become tolerant to it and experience symptoms. Often, what these symptoms are, are symptom from the previous cut. For instance, someone cutting 0.25mg a fortnight Valium may complain of tolerance withdrawal symptoms when they hold for a few more weeks at the new dose, but what they are actually experiencing, are symptoms from the other cuts, catching up with them.

As for tolerance withdrawal, boy, that sure can scare the hell out of a person doing a benzo taper, but it really seems more like the body playing catch up. I just don't understand how people who support this can so readily ignore the fact that benzos, certain ones in particular, can stay in the body for a long time. I was just looking up half life on klonopin because when I am nearing the 2mg mark I want to move from three times a day to two times a day, which I believe can be done though it will no doubt trigger IW until my body adapts, but each time I cut, I have experienced IW and then it has passed, but I digress. When I was looking at the half lifes and how long some of these benzos stay in the body, IIRC some of them were 100 days as a maximum. That astounded me. It also made me realize that if a drug remains in your body for over 30 days during that 30 days, what is the amount it is in your body at?

I would presume the amount is related to the dose you were taking, a level if you will, that is in your body. And if you cut and keep cutting, you would eventually hit a point where a higher amount was in your system despite that you have been taking a lower dose and then it adjust to the new lower amount after that said time frame passes. So your cuts may be going well, but if it is staying in your body at a previous level or a level higher than your dose, when that level drops according to your cuts, you will feel it.

That is when withdrawal will hit and a hold would be required because of the half life issue, no? Continuing to cut through that would just make it worse. And I can't imagine a hold triggering withdrawal. During my 'stabilization' where I held at 3.5mg which was lower than my average, I held for six weeks (longer than that magical month) and in the last two weeks of that hold, all withdrawal effects were gone. I was 'normal' again barring some very minor morning tremors that eventually dissipated and were IW.

ATU 🙏

How are you doing, glad to see you here, been wondering. Hope you are past that bad patch. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

I have been doing OK. Still some lingering physical sxs but getting closer to baseline.

How about you? Everything alright?

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

ATU, glad to read that you are a feeling better, who would have thunk that it would be so hard at times. I am doing well, just some BS issues but getting that in control. I am on my month hold now, and will stay at 0.85mg till June 10. Stay Well and Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

Wow,  .85 mg. thats great! Good for you. I am finding this 1.5 mg spot particularly difficult for me. I guess it is what it is. I'll get past it. My anxiety is really not an issue so that's good. It can fair up in times of stress though but that's to be expected.

I'm eating and sleeping good.

How had your sleep been? Do you find it hard to get enough or maybe not just enough sequential hours.

ATU 🙏

as hard as this is...I have GOT to hold for a bit  like you ATU, 1.5mgs is KILLING me  except my sleep is not good but whats worse is my head symptoms..I am not able to walk without holding onto things...

so I am back...I hate that I am....but I am being forced to hold for a bit...at least until I see neurologist in June...My GP said he is not comfortable believeing that my symptoms are all from benzos

who knows

but if I thought life sucked back when I was on 7 mgs...I had no idea how bad it can really get

as hard as this is...I have GOT to hold for a bit  like you ATU, 1.5mgs is KILLING me  except my sleep is not good but whats worse is my head symptoms..I am not able to walk without holding onto things...

so I am back...I hate that I am....but I am being forced to hold for a bit...at least until I see neurologist in June...My GP said he is not comfortable believeing that my symptoms are all from benzos

who knows

but if I thought life sucked back when I was on 7 mgs...I had no idea how bad it can really get

Oh, Laney, I'm so sorry you are stuck at 1.5. I guess seeing a neurologist is a good idea, just to eliminate any other causes of your symptoms. And then you will be able to taper again. Hang in there!

Gard :smitten:

who knows

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad this whole situation is so heartbreaking.

Begood,

Wow,  .85 mg. thats great! Good for you. I am finding this 1.5 mg spot particularly difficult for me. I guess it is what it is. I'll get past it. My anxiety is really not an issue so that's good. It can fair up in times of stress though but that's to be expected.

I'm eating and sleeping good.

How had your sleep been? Do you find it hard to get enough or maybe not just enough sequential hours.

ATU 🙏

Well the sleep, I had a period not long ago, where i would wake each hour and look at clock, but go back to sleep, I also did not have any dreams, but slowly they are coming back, had one nightmare, and that is unusual for me, and one very vivid beautiful dream, that had love and other nice things, still dream on occasion. I am back to sleeping pretty good, I have never been a late sleeper so I do get up too early sometimes, but not worse for the wear. But when I did my first two tapers I had no sleep at all, so this is doable. Just a thought for you, when I am at the last of my tapering time, it seems that I have some type of blip, not bad, but it is like a scoot that my brain wants to rest from tapering and towards the end of the month hold I once again get the feeling that it is wanting to taper again, I wonder if that is what is going on with you, if you decide to go down, do very tiny tiny decreases, I really believe the Brain will coach us through this if we will listen. Just my thoughts. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:  :thumbsup:

[74...]