Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Nova, i am in the same boat with the cut cut feeling as good Lord i just decided i need a long hold and started to feel semi better and right away i started thinking maybe i could cut just a bit more i think you know that feeling well errr! It`s very tough for me as i been on this crap so long and i need to some how get a grip i will be a long time at this as my signiture is very vague in my  benzo use as i was 4 mgs k or about 25 years which would be the equvilent to 80mgs v !!!! Am down in 20 mg range of just v now and this taper has been 2 1/2 years long. I bought into the Ashton bit and IMO it has bittin me in the ass big time ! @ Valley i have the dizzy bit going on also and i cut Timber for a living so you can see the mess i am in ! As for the dizzy bit it may be a bit of tree pollen but then again not sure ! Everyone else i just wanted to say hi and post a bit about my situation and not just be a lurker on this thread!  @ Chalkey imo your going to get blips no matter what dose your on i have had blips during my Decades on 4 mgs k so yes to what Nova suggested ! ~ Be well all ~CD

There is something that has been bothering me and I just wanted to put it out there since this is the "Long Hold" group.  I don't know how many of you visit the Withdrawal Support thread - I do (probably more than I should as it often makes me crazy! :crazy: :crazy:).  I've noticed a trend when people talk of and or recommend holds.

Many are telling others that they should take a hold - of a couple of days or a week, maybe  two.  This is not a hold!  I don't know why there is this confusion but people being advised to hold for time periods that are not a "hold" is very concerning to me.  And this is often coming from people who themselves are racing through a taper and experiencing what I consider alarming symptoms.

I've been tempted to interject but, honestly, things get very tiring at times.  It can feel like talking to a brick wall when addressing some...

I don't know what can be done to educate folks on what a hold is or whether we should even try. :(

There is something that has been bothering me and I just wanted to put it out there since this is the "Long Hold" group.  I don't know how many of you visit the Withdrawal Support thread - I do (probably more than I should as it often makes me crazy! :crazy: :crazy:).  I've noticed a trend when people talk of and or recommend holds.

Many are telling others that they should take a hold - of a couple of days or a week, maybe  two.  This is not a hold!  I don't know why there is this confusion but people being advised to hold for time periods that are not a "hold" is very concerning to me.  And this is often coming from people who themselves are racing through a taper and experiencing what I consider alarming symptoms.

I've been tempted to interject but, honestly, things get very tiring at times.  It can feel like talking to a brick wall when addressing some...

I don't know what can be done to educate folks on what a hold is or whether we should even try. :(

I have the same concern lynn. I always hesitate to post because I just get drowned out. A true hold IMO is longer than a few weeks and more like a few to several months.  Just my two cents.  :)--V

Nova, i am in the same boat with the cut cut feeling as good Lord i just decided i need a long hold and started to feel semi better and right away i started thinking maybe i could cut just a bit more i think you know that feeling well errr! It`s very tough for me as i been on this crap so long and i need to some how get a grip i will be a long time at this as my signiture is very vague in my  benzo use as i was 4 mgs k or about 25 years which would be the equvilent to 80mgs v !!!! Am down in 20 mg range of just v now and this taper has been 2 1/2 years long. I bought into the Ashton bit and IMO it has bittin me in the ass big time ! @ Valley i have the dizzy bit going on also and i cut Timber for a living so you can see the mess i am in ! As for the dizzy bit it may be a bit of tree pollen but then again not sure ! Everyone else i just wanted to say hi and post a bit about my situation and not just be a lurker on this thread!  @ Chalkey imo your going to get blips no matter what dose your on i have had blips during my Decades on 4 mgs k so yes to what Nova suggested ! ~ Be well all ~CD

Sorry you get the dizziness also. It is the one symptom that lets me know I'm cutting too fast.  :)--V

I am really bewildered, and more than a little upset, by a noticeable increase in fatigue that I am experiencing after a very long hold (nearly 15 months).

It really is getting quite disabling and I am trying to work out what is happening.

Could it be a wave, even after all this time, and after months of stability?

If not, what could be happening?

nd what can I do to get out of it? I really want to get on with cutting further soon, but am concerned about making all the symptoms worse. Or could cutting be the way out of this?

Hi Chalkey if  :hug: you were stable for months it may have been a good idea to have had a trial cut earlier on after months of being stable.  :) But now feel that  the hold is now making things worse if it were me and I was positive that it was the hold had possibly played out I would try a small cut and see how it went it could be you CNS has healed enough to try now, no one can know for sure.

But I will say one thing and that is when I did a long hold before and was stable  as I was going to get for months , I still had the occasional blip symptom that was no problem at all then cut and was fine going down by holding for a few moths in-between each cut. It was going from cutting at my own pace to Ashtons pace that messed me up,  and here something I read on another forum that positively  encourages long hold until you stabilise on Benzos

The only time we may encourage someone to make a cut and continue with a taper when they are symptomatic is if they've been holding for so long, they've reached a period of extreme fatigue and their nervous system is crashing. In this case, especially if they are already near the end of their taper, it may be worth continuing on.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova this is really interesting - thankyou :). Ii didn't realise holds can play out. And the quote you pasted from another board makes it seem very mich like I need to cut.

I was planning to start cutting in January but life stressors derailed that.

I am intrigued to know how a long hold can play out and lead to extreme fatigue. If anyone can explain that I would be very gratteful.

If there is a positive to take from this, it has made me psychologically ready at long last to cut, where  I had been hesitating in case it made me worse for the summer and when work is getting to its busiest.

It feels counterintuitive but everything you say poihts to a cut being necessary.

i have ordered some gram scales and am getting the kit together to start cutting after I get back from a short break next weekend.

Hi Chalkey. I believe that after holding for a while and stabilizing at a particular dose (which can take many months), your body ajudsts to the lower dose and you then experience the side effects of the benzo (not tolerance). At this point a small cut could be done to see how it plays out. Chances are the fatigue will lift. It has for me when I've been in the same situation. Hope it all works out for you.  :)--V

Valley, thanks and as for what Lynn said i agree i just wish there was more Resarch on this whole benzo taper bit but as i am sure everyone knows there is not much other then Ashton. Off topic i had Chickens for many years and been thinking of getting some more ; ~CD

I have the same concern lynn. I always hesitate to post because I just get drowned out. A true hold IMO is longer than a few weeks and more like a few to several months.  Just my two cents.  :)--V

There was a post where someone "held" for 4 days and felt worse!  Then went on to claim "holds don't work!" and cut (with the expected results; posting more panicked misery).  I don't know if this was 4 days beyond their usual 10 days or 2 weeks, but it must have been.  Sometimes this is the daily microtaper people.

Hi Lynn  :hug: been there tried that on the Diazepam support thread , and it turned into me via 'Mob mentality'' and crucifixion rolled into one, and after a week of putting my point of view across quietly and the  Mob gaining more recruits than the L.A Cripps and Bloods on a recruiting drive. I stayed off the thread  beofre my language turned unseemly , I know I abbreviate the F word but I was about to unleash that full on plus even worse if I had to contended with the infantile attitudes I got off certain people on there  ??? Occasionally I will answer on the withdrawal thread but don't bother replying to the long terme'rs on here who should know better than to act their shoe size not their age and its got to be their way " ala Ashton mode'. I often feel like telling them C U  Next Tuesday, ain't nobody got no time for this  :P :P :P;)

Valley, thanks and as for what Lynn said i agree i just wish there was more Resarch on this whole benzo taper bit but as i am sure everyone knows there is not much other then Ashton. Off topic i had Chickens for many years and been thinking of getting some more ; ~CD

Aloha CD  :hug: xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I had a thought next time there's controversy about long holds just  paste and copy the propaganda page on whatever thread it is and say nothing  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nova, i got caught up in the Ashton rules bit and whoo hooo did it do me in so i think i am going to sit with you peeps here if you all don`t mind ! Was thinking the other day when you called me Old Chap as when i was younger i worked as a Carpenter and had a older Irish guy who called me Chappy so from now on call me Chappy as i am feeling old enough from this ordeal ;)

Agree with Lynn and Valley, it is like  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: so many  are needlessly suffering, but to steer them away to thinking otherwise seems to be like fighting a war...this is a war, but it is a manageable one.... ::):) A hold is longer than a day or a couple of weeks. ::)

Nova, i got caught up in the Ashton rules bit and whoo hooo did it do me in so i think i am going to sit with you peeps here if you all don`t mind ! Was thinking the other day when you called me Old Chap as when i was younger i worked as a Carpenter and had a older Irish guy who called me Chappy so from now on call me Chappy as i am feeling old enough from this ordeal ;)

Morning "Chappy", don't let the benzo  >:D take any more control of your life, you are a fighter or you would not have gotten this far, be kind to you, and keep  :oXo::)

Morning "Chappy", don't let the benzo  >:D take any more control of your life, you are a fighter or you would not have gotten this far, be kind to you, and keep  :oXo::)

Begood , thanks and Good Morning back at ya and trying to get my butt out to go Fishing for a bit as lots of rain headed my way and to dizzy to go cut timber as Chainsaws and woozy doozy make for bad company so fishing i shall go ;) after i finish another cup of coffee lol !

Begood , thanks and Good Morning back at ya and trying to get my butt out to go Fishing for a bit as lots of rain headed my way and to dizzy to go cut timber as Chainsaws and woozy doozy make for bad company so fishing i shall go ;) after i finish another cup of coffee lol !

Ah...fishing!  A favorite pastime for me.  Nothing like feeling one on the line and seeing what you've got when it breaks thru the surface.  You know what they say...a bad day fishing...  Now the chainsaw ???  I'd probably cut off a limb - and not of a tree! ;D

Ah...fishing!  A favorite pastime for me.  Nothing like feeling one on the line and seeing what you've got when it breaks thru the surface.  You know what they say...a bad day fishing...  Now the chainsaw ???  I'd probably cut off a limb - and not of a tree! ;D

Lynn I like fishing relaxing, of course I tend to get tangled in the line, and I can not touch a worm to put on hook..... :o::)

BG,  I had a bait stand when I was young (to earn gas money for the boat) and I used to catch the night crawlers and crayfish I sold. :D :D

I love Shore fishing I've got a lovely 14 foot Abu Garcia sea rod  collecting  dust in the corner of my bedroom :(

I've had some pretty bad side effects lately from a rescue dose but I have to say making the choice to make a really long hold has lifted a huge weight.

I dreaded trying to figure out when I was going to make my next cut. Always beating myself up that I was not progressing like others. Not listening to my symptoms and cutting based on time.

Knowing I'm free of cuts for a good time makes me feel better on the anxiety scale. I had a really bad day yesterday and really the only comfort I could think of was "well at least I don't have to cut anytime soon and I have a better chance of feeling better eventually". Not having a window in a year has been tough.

I'm glad I made the choice to hold until next year.

I've had some pretty bad side effects lately from a rescue dose but I have to say making the choice to make a really long hold has lifted a huge weight.

I dreaded trying to figure out when I was going to make my next cut. Always beating myself up that I was not progressing like others. Not listening to my symptoms and cutting based on time.

Knowing I'm free of cuts for a good time makes me feel better on the anxiety scale. I had a really bad day yesterday and really the only comfort I could think of was "well at least I don't have to cut anytime soon and I have a better chance of feeling better eventually". Not having a window in a year has been tough.

Sorry you're struggling third. I remember well the weight that was lifted when I vowed to hold for at least 6 months no matter what. It certainly wasn't a linear process but a very very gradual improvement in sxs. Hang in there!  :)--V

Third, now that you have made your decision you will indeed have another weight off of your shoulders, and this will allow time for your Brain to adjust to the tapering, you will be surprised that time will go fast and the taper will be easier to handle when you resume. Best to you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Chalkey. I believe that after holding for a while and stabilizing at a particular dose (which can take many months), your body ajudsts to the lower dose and you then experience the side effects of the benzo (not tolerance). At this point a small cut could be done to see how it plays out. Chances are the fatigue will lift. It has for me when I've been in the same situation. Hope it all works out for you.  :)--V

That's useful to know - thankyou.It makes sense. I get the s/x as soon as I start to swallow the pills.

It all points to cutting. I have bene waiting and waiting and the time seems right. I feel I am moving on. Yay!

Well  buddies, your experienced opinions were right on AGAIN!

It's teeth pain from withdrawal! IT'S WITHDRAWAL!

Yep, I went to the dentist and he can't find a thing wrong anyplace in my mouth!

I could have listened to you all in the first place! But it's nice to know that my teeth are in good shape!

Thanks!!!!!!

Heath  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  :yippee: :yippee:

Oh and to think, I COULD HAVE BEEN FISHING INSTEAD OF AT THE DENTIST'S office.

HOPE, THIRD, CANTFLY, MIYU, Freeme ATU, NOVA, AND ANYONE RLSE WHO I MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN TO LIST,

I AM SO SORRY THAT IT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR YOU TO FIND RELIEF. I HOPE YOUR WINDOWS COME REAL SOON. :therethere:

AND V, I HOPE THOSE DIZZIES are gone. For me, dizzies are the worst!  :-\

ME...WELL, I AM EXPERIENCING TWO NEW WDSX THAT I NEVER HAD BEFORE. THE ARM AND HAND PAINS ALL THE WAY DOWN TO MY FINGERTIPS, AND NOW  THIS TEETH PAIN.  :tickedoff:

I SURE HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO EXPERIENCE EVERY SINGLE WDSX THAT IS LISTED ON THE BENZO WITHDRAWAL BOARDS BEFORE I GET OFF THIS DRUG!  :tickedoff:

BUT ACTUALLY, TO ME, WHEN I EXPERIENCE A NEW WDSX, I JUST THINK MY BRAIN IS HEALING IN ANOTHER AREA.    SOOO....ALL POWER TO YOU, BRAIN!  :thumbsup:

Heath :  :smitten:

[37...]