Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Some really great info and posts and i thank you all for this !~ CD

Hey good to see you back, it has been a while. Stay Strong. :thumbsup:

Thank You Beegood :)

That's very reassuring Nova.  Do you think that maybe, just maybe these people KNOW what they are talking about??

Yep!!  ;D  Those and B.A.T are the famous Benzo help places and people ring from all over the globe, they've been around a long time. Here is another Famous person in Benzo circles ''Ian Singleton'' He works at B.T.P  http://cepuk.org/2014/01/15/ian-singleton-talks-about-the-withdrawal-process/

For anyone that wants their contact info, here is ''Bristol tranquilliser project'' ( B.T.P) http://www.btpinfo.org.uk/

And here is'' Battle against tranquillisers'' (B.A.T ) http://bataid.org/

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yeah! I second that  :thumbsup: I wondered how you were doing CD  :hug: How the dickens are you old chap? ???.... ;D

So Im guessing this stabalizing first would apply to insane fatigue post dosing, even though V is sedating??  This is starting to do my head in... -the fatigue bit...

Actually a few things are starting to slowly change...

Heave forbid i could get windows n waves...??

MiYu, Wishing you strength... you will find your way follow your bodys lead...

Hang in there...

Thank you Nova for all your support and encouragment, you do us proud...

Hi to Everyone... My best wishes..

Updosing would probably make many people tired. Maybe you updosed a little over the point where your brain wanted to be. I wish we could just ASK our brains " ok how much do you need today?" but nooo we gotta listen to our symptoms and sometimes it seems they dont speak in our native tongue. I hope you get some relief soon❤️

So Im guessing this stabalizing first would apply to insane fatigue post dosing, even though V is sedating??  This is starting to do my head in... -the fatigue bit...

Hang in there...

Hi CF  :hug: I have the fatigue coming and going, also Anhedonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia) low or no incentive , last week and the week before I had to really fight to keep my eyes open. Today is the first day I haven't had to lay down by 1pm, and today I am like the ocean waves going UP....calming down fir a short time then ...UP!!  Its night and day with this crap, but the little OK bits in between show its working , I noticed some very subtle changes for the better but its forgotten when the hell kicks up again and I think nothings changed or is ever going too :) Hope you settle down and get a break soon Mate  :therethere:

Hang in there...

Hi CF. in my case it definitely applied to the fatigue post dosing. That was a symptom that resolved during my 6 month hold.  :)--V

Hard to keep up today! Than you all for the great information that validates what we know works for us. I hope everyone struggling can get back to living while tapering. Patience is the key.  :)--V

Yeah! I second that  :thumbsup: I wondered how you were doing CD  :hug: How the dickens are you old chap? ???.... ;D

Nova, how am i doing well today lots better then this past Sunday as it was the worst day i had in my 2 1/2 year  taper so far ! Been getting caught up in the( rush the taper syndrome ) i need to slow my self down and base the last of my taper on s/x based not %. As i was on 4 mgs k for over 20 + years and did a taper off it while adding valium but not liking the valium cuts as i can not get a pattern on cuts as in when they will hit etc. I am down in the 20`s mg wise in the valium dosage and honestly i wonder if i am feeling the lack of the k still as it has been 14 months off the k . So you asked how i was well i guess you could say confused but still cutting ;) Sorry for a long reply but pretty foggy brained today! As for being an old chap this ordeal has me feeling pretty old but some how some way we all will get ourselves in a good place may take some time but we shall ! Huggs ~CD

Hang in there...

Hi CF  :hug: I have the fatigue coming and going, also Anhedonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia) low or no incentive , last week and the week before I had to really fight to keep my eyes open. Today is the first day I haven't had to lay down by 1pm, and today I am like the ocean waves going UP....calming down fir a short time then ...UP!!  Its night and day with this crap, but the little OK bits in between show its working , I noticed some very subtle changes for the better but its forgotten when the hell kicks up again and I think nothings changed or is ever going too :) Hope you settle down and get a break soon Mate  :therethere:

I think thats it Nova... -Its just been so long of in bed dying all day, and now change is like "shit Help" What now...

Cos of how I started, i never had a real taper or stability to compare it to... -Only the mess from the other meds and CT...

So yeah, im soaking in a few posts that relate atm... Thanks...

Kitty, I know its not all about me... but was that post for me?? -If so, Thank you...

:)

Hello, I would like to join this group. I've been at this now for about eight months and it's taken me that long to reduce about four mg. Every month something happens in which I have to hold, self-induced mistakes. Ie increasing taper , messing up taper amounts. It wasn't until now ,I realized that I cannot do a dlmt daily without holds.  I resumed the taper 19 days ago after several holds in prior 30 days due to my mistake and family visit. My sleep patterns were great.This is the #1 issue for me because i go into depression when insomnia hits.

I was feeling wonderful. Just last Friday . I said I feel like I am healed. Then Fri nite insomnia, broken sleep patterns and increased ibs symptoms. Thats where i am now.This time it was different because I had done everything right and made no mistakes. I'd taper for straight 19 days. The daily rate was about .02 or .32% daily.

So I am holding again. I am looking for some guidance. I am doing a symptom based liquid mt. Do I build in holds every 2 weeks?  For how long? Or do I taper until the first sign if symptoms. I had ibs symptoms last week but sleep was not affected, so i continued

I assume I hold until symptoms go away. What is a good length of time to hold once symptoms emerge. Thanks for any feedback.

Nova, how am i doing well today lots better then this past Sunday as it was the worst day i had in my 2 1/2 year  taper so far ! Been getting caught up in the( rush the taper syndrome ) i need to slow my self down and base the last of my taper on s/x based not %. As i was on 4 mgs k for over 20 + years and did a taper off it while adding valium but not liking the valium cuts as i can not get a pattern on cuts as in when they will hit etc. I am down in the 20`s mg wise in the valium dosage and honestly i wonder if i am feeling the lack of the k still as it has been 14 months off the k . So you asked how i was well i guess you could say confused but still cutting ;) Sorry for a long reply but pretty foggy brained today! As for being an old chap this ordeal has me feeling pretty old but some how some way we all will get ourselves in a good place may take some time but we shall ! Huggs ~CD

0and after being on 4 mgs klonopin for 20+ years i need to realize that i burnt up my CNS pretty bad so this last 25% of my taper needs to be symptom based as i did a partial c/o to Valium to get off the Klonopin and finding the cutting the  valium rough as i think i am doing ok and bamm. So if you don`t all mind i am looking for answers on this thread as i can not seem to get a pattern from the valium cuts and not sure if i am feeling the klonopin w/d as i have been off it 16 months and now on 20 something mgs v and searching for answers. So in short Nova i am very confused ! I Hope your doing ok and thank you for asking :) ~CD

Hi CD. Good to see you here! As far as a pattern to cutting V, there doesn't really seem to be one (for me anyway). Sxs are varied and sporadic depending on the day. I base my cuts on how I feel. If I'm not functional or feeling fairly well, I don't cut. I try to be as sxs free as possible although there will be those blips that BG talks about.  :)--V

0and after being on 4 mgs klonopin for 20+ years i need to realize that i burnt up my CNS pretty bad so this last 25% of my taper needs to be symptom based as i did a partial c/o to Valium to get off the Klonopin and finding the cutting the  valium rough as i think i am doing ok and bamm. So if you don`t all mind i am looking for answers on this thread as i can not seem to get a pattern from the valium cuts and not sure if i am feeling the klonopin w/d as i have been off it 16 months and now on 20 something mgs v and searching for answers. So in short Nova i am very confused ! I Hope your doing ok and thank you for asking :) ~CD

I totally agree with  the above young old boy  :laugh:  Thanks for letting me know how your doing CD, I do look out for you but your hard track down on times, its nice to catch up with you  :hug: One day it will be in much better circumstance for us all  :thumbsup:

Hang in there...

Hi CF. in my case it definitely applied to the fatigue post dosing. That was a symptom that resolved during my 6 month hold.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, early days but i think its polarising.. worse fatigue, but also moments of clarity..

-If in doubt... Hold and work it out... -right... :)

And yes, try keeping up on a fone...!!!

:) -though im sure many do...

Hope you are doing well also...

Hello, I would like to join this group. I've been at this now for about eight months and it's taken me that long to reduce about four mg. Every month something happens in which I have to hold, self-induced mistakes. Ie increasing taper , messing up taper amounts. It wasn't until now ,I realized that I cannot do a dlmt daily without holds.  I resumed the taper 19 days ago after several holds in prior 30 days due to my mistake and family visit. My sleep patterns were great.This is the #1 issue for me because i go into depression when insomnia hits.

I was feeling wonderful. Just last Friday . I said I feel like I am healed. Then Fri nite insomnia, broken sleep patterns and increased ibs symptoms. Thats where i am now.This time it was different because I had done everything right and made no mistakes. I'd taper for straight 19 days. The daily rate was about .02 or .32% daily.

So I am holding again. I am looking for some guidance. I am doing a symptom based liquid mt. Do I build in holds every 2 weeks?  For how long? Or do I taper until the first sign if symptoms. I had ibs symptoms last week but sleep was not affected, so i continued

I assume I hold until symptoms go away. What is a good length of time to hold once symptoms emerge. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Magnolis. So good to see you here.  This group has a great bunch of buddies who are very experienced and knowledgeable about tapering.  If I were in your situation, I would probably do what seems to work for most here and that is to cut for say 10 days and then hold.  I do my cuts in 10 day increments and then hold until sxs pass.  I was able to cut faster than that recently but it's catching up and time to slow down again.  If you do a little experimenting, you will find what works best for you. Glad you're here! :)--V

Hi valley,

Yes I'm happy to join the group. I give. The concept of daily taper with no holds is not working for me.  Feeling as good as possible is the way i need to go. Not cut and suffer. 2 questions. Cut 10, how many days hold? What if after 10 , there are no symptoms ..keep going to maybe 15 and hold?  Or is best way to wait for a symptom. Last week ibs showed up and I chose to not hold because I was sleeping. Then there's that 80/20 rule. Do we have to put up with some sx? Itll never be symptoms.

Hi valley,

Yes I'm happy to join the group. I give. The concept of daily taper with no holds is not working for me.  Feeling as good as possible is the way i need to go. Not cut and suffer. 2 questions. Cut 10, how many days hold? What if after 10 , there are no symptoms ..keep going to maybe 15 and hold?  Or is best way to wait for a symptom. Last week ibs showed up and I chose to not hold because I was sleeping. Then there's that 80/20 rule. Do we have to put up with some sx? Itll never be symptoms.

I hope others chime in on this also. My experience is that in a sxs based taper, you taper according to your sxs. If you are experiencing distressing sxs, keep holding.  If your sxs are very mild or non existent, you could choose to hold longer or taper again. There doesn't seem to be a set pattern for me. I started,out cutting .25 over 10 days and holding 10 days. That seems to be what worked very well. Recently I just thought I would experiment and cut until I felt sxs ramping up and then hold. I believe the cut 10 days hold 10 days is what works best for me as far as minimal to no sxs and holds will get longer as I get lower. I have days where I feel absolutely 100% and forget I'm even withdrawing. Those kind of days give you the hope and knowledge that you will be successful in getting off.

I believe you can taper with very minimal sxs (although there may be some days that are harder than others) if you make sure you don't get ahead of your body's ability to heal. When that happens, it usually takes MONTHS instead of weeks to get stable again. Don't get caught up in how long it will take. Focus on being able to live your life and gently slide off at the end. Too many have experienced great loss because of the anxiety to get off. If you just stay calm and exercise patience, you'll do great! :)--V

Magnolis, IMO everyone is so different but i agree with Valley but also believe that during this so called journey of tapering you may have to change things up at times and as for no s/x`s during tapering some have none some have a hell of a time and rush to get off only to have a hard time afterwards. There are many opinions on whether we heal as we taper and i myself sure hope so. If i were you and i am not i would just find a comfortable pace that gives you the least S/X`s and go slow and maybe go faster if your doing ok if not go  slower? The ultimate goal here is to get off these benzo`s and feel functional doing so ! ~ CD

Valley,

What rate are you tapering at this point?

I try to stay in the 5-7% per month range although even that rate is subject to change lol.  :)--V

Magnolis, I cant add to what Valley said, except for a big HI...

Though it sounds like you are on the right track, just need to settle in and fine tune as you go...

Best wishes...

[9d...]