Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Folks,

Willdoit just posted an article on Withdrawal Support Board by Jennifer Leigh that is very good.  It's about listening to your body and not fighting the pill.

Sorry, I do not know how to link. :idiot: :idiot: :idiot:

I wonder if the colonoscopy cleaning would be similar to the question I have posted around but had no answers on. Does anyone know how donating plasma might affect a taper? I went in to donate platelets and somehow got roped in to donating platelets as well. I did not even think about it but valium hangs out for a while in plasma. I googled over and over and could not find any info on it... does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone ever heard of anyone donating during tapers? Im certainly holding for the next few weeks thats for sure...

Kittybeanbag,

I would suggest not dwelling on so much. It probably did little if anything to affect your overall plasma levels and if it had a major effect you would have probably felt by now. But with all worrying about I fear it may become a self fulfilling prophecy so to speak.

I have been hospitalized for an entire week and given morphine and Ativan and at the end it never effected my taper. Like you I also just held a little longer to be sure.

I think you will be fine!  :thumbsup:

Be well. Be at peace.

ATU 🙏

ATU my dear thank you! I am not dwelling on it so much as seeking information, hoping someone will know. It is what it is, and I am holding and doing ok so far. I do hope it will be nothing, or just another BLIP, but if anyone has information I would like to know. I will inform the donation place as to why I wont be doing it again until I am off the meds for sure! - but I am not a self fulfilling prophecy kind of girl. I am a planner though! I will stop posting about it though, I have posted it on enough threads that if anyone out there knows they should have seen it by now. Thank you for your concern. This is a very wonderfully reassuring place to be❤️

Hey Folks,

Willdoit just posted an article on Withdrawal Support Board by Jennifer Leigh that is very good.  It's about listening to your body and not fighting the pill.

Lynn, here is the thread and has the link.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=179839.0

Hi all  :hug: This week I had a couple of good days only to be in a really bad way by the evening or the following day, but that's my bodies sign that its fighting its way back to homoeostasis, healing hurts before you stabilise,  :D OW! OW! OW! !@%$^&(*()_+?"!. I also had a  window that lasted a few minutes window So hang in there it will come but you have to be patient and accept that it maybe rough going for a while.

But it will come eventually and the changes are so subtle you can miss the fact your improving while your feeling so bergh!  :D You DO heal on a hold and you DO heal while you taper, as another Buddie said you should jumped because your healed not to heal while still suffering, symptoms are a sign your CNS is till destabilised and needs to be stable before you advance any further.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Within minutes of writing this post I had one of the worse days ever which turned into one of the worst nights ever and no sleep, this is what I mean about its so unpredictable the road to stability, and the first thing you want to do is cut as the conviction that its the drug being in your body that's the problem becomes very strong. Where as cutting it too fast or too much ending up with too little of the drug that caused the problem in the first place and the problem now is we're unstable from the lack of the drug, and it makes you panic that its going wrong.

I also had an unexpected phone call off a couple of people  I was shocked and pleased to hear  from as its been 2 year's since we last spoke  and being pleased and laughing  also made me feel even more terrible after the call. They know nothing about my Benzo withdrawal so its not just stress that can wobble you its being happy or something and nothing. so as much as my brain screaming ''Do something go down in dose or of a lot further up I'm doing nothing all its going to do is make me even more unstable so I'm hanging on. Man!! I feel f-in tragic!! I hope it passes soon, and wish the same for everyone else thats suffering .

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]Hey "Sista," Sorry about the change that came so fast, and Pray that it will leave just as fast, hold on Nova, your day is coming, long overfdue and your giving spirit and caring for others will not go unnoticed. You have given so much to BB and I am thankful that I can call you Friend. :thumbsup:

Hey Folks,

Lynn I just read the link and needs to be read by everyone starting out at BB and thinking of rushing and pushing ahead too fast. Thanks for letting us know about this... :thumbsup:

[15...]

Hey Folks,

Lynn I just read the link and needs to be read by everyone starting out at BB and thinking of rushing and pushing ahead too fast. Thanks for letting us know about this... :thumbsup:

Hi Begood,

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Dr. Leigh's post and hope it's shared around the benzo withdrawal boards.  She packed a whole lot of wisdom into it that can really help to reduce unnecessary suffering.  I really like the metaphor of tapering as dance and not fighting it. 

What follows is the direct link to the article if that helps:

https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2017/04/26/getting-benzo-free-is-a-dance/

Hey Folks,

Hi Begood,

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Dr. Leigh's post and hope it's shared around the benzo withdrawal boards.  She packed a whole lot of wisdom into it that can really help to reduce unnecessary suffering.  I really like the metaphor of tapering as dance and not fighting it. 

Thanks willdoit, and Lynn for thinking of us, and yes I believe it can cause unnessary suffering. I wish it could be added to the highlighted area above the boards for all to see. :thumbsup:

[15...]

Hey Folks,

Hi Begood,

Thanks willdoit, and Lynn for thinking of us, and yes I believe it can cause unnessary suffering. I wish it could be added to the highlighted area above the boards for all to see. :thumbsup:

Hey Folks,

Hi Begood,

Great idea begood.  I'm not sure how one goes about getting a post "pinned,"  for lack of a better word.  I'm guessing the mods would know. 

That's great information lynn and willdoit! I'm sure if a moderator were contacted, it could be pinned.

Love the new avatar BG! :)--V

That's great information lynn and willdoit! I'm sure if a moderator were contacted, it could be pinned.

Yes it needs to be pinned. I am sure willdoit will ask. Thanks that is Fifi... :)

[15...]

Yes it needs to be pinned. I am sure willdoit will ask. Thanks that is Fifi... :)

I sent Megan a PM letting her know we were interested in getting Jennifer's tapering gems pinned.  I'll let you know what she says.  👍🏽

I sent Megan a PM letting her know we were interested in getting Jennifer's tapering gems pinned.  I'll let you know what she says.  👍🏽

Honestly,  I don't know why the "rush" mindset is so prevalent on BB.  I see the results over and over and over; often resulting in bad suffering, lost jobs and relationships, failed tapers, reinstatement...well, just terrible stuff.  I shake my head when some come in to "help" with advice to push thru, rapid taper, suggest a hold is dangerous or that no healing occurs until the "poison" is completely out.  Yes, we have to untangle ourselves and at a pace that our brain can adjust to.

Thank you again Wdi!

Honestly,  I don't know why the "rush" mindset is so prevalent on BB.  I see the results over and over and over; often resulting in bad suffering, lost jobs and relationships, failed tapers, reinstatement...well, just terrible stuff.  I shake my head when some come in to "help" with advice to push thru, rapid taper, suggest a hold is dangerous or that no healing occurs until the "poison" is completely out.  Yes, we have to untangle ourselves and at a pace that our brain can adjust to.

Thank you again Wdi!

Reading "stickies" might help new (and some longer) members a bit...

Thank you again Wdi!

Thanks for letting us know what the name of pins are. "Stickies" :)

Thank you again Wdi!

lol... -I think it was explained in a sticky... (perhaps not)?

Thank you again Wdi!

lol... -I think it was explained in a sticky... (perhaps not)?

smarty pants....honestly have not read them, but think I may now... :)

Hi all  :hug: This week I had a couple of good days only to be in a really bad way by the evening or the following day, but that's my bodies sign that its fighting its way back to homoeostasis, healing hurts before you stabilise,  :D OW! OW! OW! !@%$^&(*()_+?"!. I also had a  window that lasted a few minutes window So hang in there it will come but you have to be patient and accept that it maybe rough going for a while.

But it will come eventually and the changes are so subtle you can miss the fact your improving while your feeling so bergh!  :D You DO heal on a hold and you DO heal while you taper, as another Buddie said you should jumped because your healed not to heal while still suffering, symptoms are a sign your CNS is till destabilised and needs to be stable before you advance any further.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Within minutes of writing this post I had one of the worse days ever which turned into one of the worst nights ever and no sleep, this is what I mean about its so unpredictable the road to stability, and the first thing you want to do is cut as the conviction that its the drug being in your body that's the problem becomes very strong. Where as cutting it too fast or too much ending up with too little of the drug that caused the problem in the first place and the problem now is we're unstable from the lack of the drug, and it makes you panic that its going wrong.

I also had an unexpected phone call off a couple of people  I was shocked and pleased to hear  from as its been 2 year's since we last spoke  and being pleased and laughing  also made me feel even more terrible after the call. They know nothing about my Benzo withdrawal so its not just stress that can wobble you its being happy or something and nothing. so as much as my brain screaming ''Do something go down in dose or of a lot further up I'm doing nothing all its going to do is make me even more unstable so I'm hanging on. Man!! I feel f-in tragic!! I hope it passes soon, and wish the same for everyone else thats suffering .

[glow=red,2,300]Hey "Sista," Sorry about the change that came so fast, and Pray that it will leave just as fast, hold on Nova, your day is coming, long overfdue and your giving spirit and caring for others will not go unnoticed. You have given so much to BB and I am thankful that I can call you Friend. :thumbsup:

Thank you my beloved friend and Sista'  :hug: :hug: :hug:

With my hold now in its 15th month, I wonder if I am now hitting tolerance...I am feeling extra tired and "benzo-ey" - is it unusual for this to happen or is it rather to be expected eventually when you stick at the same does for a long time?

That happens to me even with microtapering. I sometimes hold for a week or so and when I start getting tired in the daytime I know its time to start back on the taper. Like they say just learning to listen to your body sometimes makes all the difference!

With my hold now in its 15th month, I wonder if I am now hitting tolerance...I am feeling extra tired and "benzo-ey" - is it unusual for this to happen or is it rather to be expected eventually when you stick at the same does for a long time?

That's a tough call. It's possible your body has become tolerant to your current dose but also could be that your body is still trying to adjust. It's sometimes hard to tell with benzo withdrawal. Have you felt better at all during your hold? :)--V

Maybe try a small cut and see?

Hi (and apologies for the confusion over the change of moniker which came into effect today) I am at a loss as to taper a-ds first or make a small cut in my Clonazepam.

I sense the fatigue is down to meds partly.

I have felt better than this during my taper, definitely.

I also seem to have persistent mild cold symptoms and that can be a side effect of Citalopram. Or it could be down to the persistent cold wind here on the coast that has made the weather downright wintry for most of the past month.

Oris it a known part of withdrawal? So hard to tease the strands out.

Hi (and apologies for the confusion over the change of moniker which came into effect today) I am at a loss as to taper a-ds first or make a small cut in my Clonazepam.

I sense the fatigue is down to meds partly.

I have felt better than this during my taper, definitely.

I also seem to have persistent mild cold symptoms and that can be a side effect of Citalopram. Or it could be down to the persistent cold wind here on the coast that has made the weather downright wintry for most of the past month.

Oris it a known part of withdrawal? So hard to tease the strands out.

I was doing very well for about 7 months. Came down with the flu in January right around the time i made a cut. Been absolute hell with wd sxs ever since.  Cant say for sure if the flu had anything to do with it, but it sure is a possibility due to the timing.

How is everybody doing? Ive felt pretty darn good for about the past week until this morning. This nausea and anxiety is a killer.  Although im obviously far from stable, a week of feeling good is a pretty big accomplishment for me despite feeling like crap now.  Hoping that this may be a sign of some progress.  We shall see...

Much love

BJ

Chalkey, my very first sx after some big cuts was a hell flue, but no actual flue showed in tests... still took strong antibiotics too as i had a splenectomy... -Yet others have had the flue... -and said it was the flue... Its often a thread topic...

Hope u feel better soon though...

BlackJack, Great to hear about the better week, and I hope it is a sign of more good times ahead real soon... you deserved the break for sure... -well who doesnt, but u know what I mean...

Ever forwards...

[10...]