Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well...now with all the all the peer pressure...I'll have to get my butt in there!

Literally  ;)...... :laugh:...  :smitten: :smitten:

Butt wait, I am going to check in the DNA thingy, I will wait,......Butt it is on the back burner so to say....Ouch.... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Butt wait, I am going to check in the DNA thingy, I will wait,......Butt it is on the back burner so to say....Ouch.... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember my son going thru a phase of "bathroom humor" but(!) he was 7...

I can't even think of doing it now with the hemorrhoids etc going on.  If you have had a polyp you can't use the one they advertise on tv.  Don't know why but it says it on the commercial.  I would use it anyway. 

Hi ATU

I know that we are not supposed to have any floroquinolone antibiotics when on benzos

(like I think lexapro and cipro?)

Could the drug you took be in that family of drugs?

Well no matter now I guess, but glad you are on the mend.

:smitten: :smitten: Heath

Heath,

I don't think Azithromycin is a Quinolone type antibiotic. It just did not sit well with me perhaps an allergic reaction.

Well done on the C procedure. Your right the worst part is the prep with all that entails.

Butt, it was worth it! 👍

IMO even if a DNA profile shows you are more apt to develope Colon issues, you still won't know until they go in with the camera.

Take care now and rest.

ATU 🙏

ATU, I am going to do the best to get this sorted out, butt it will be soon, and I will get things moving when I see the Doctor. :thumbsup:

On a sad note... one of my hens died last night  :'(

Oh no, please do not tell me it was [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] I thought that Hens were pretty healthy, was it old age....?? You have my deepest condolences :)

Oh no, please do not tell me it was [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] I thought that Hens were pretty healthy, was it old age....?? You have my deepest condolences :)

It wasn't Cookie although she is from the same group. I believe it was age related. This hen has been acting funny for a few months like she had dementia as well as difficulty breathing. She fought it to the end because I thought she was going to die a few months ago. Her name was Pipsqueak as she was very small but she had an attitude lol.  :)--V

It wasn't Cookie although she is from the same group. I believe it was age related. This hen has been acting funny for a few months like she had dementia as well as difficulty breathing. She fought it to the end because I thought she was going to die a few months ago. Her name was Pipsqueak as she was very small but she had an attitude lol.  :)--V

I know that your Chickens are important to you and you take good care and have taken the time to name them and watch their personality and I know you spend some time with them sitting on you, I feel your pain, they say when you lose something another comes in and takes it place in time. :)

I know that your Chickens are important to you and you take good care and have taken the time to name them and watch their personality and I know you spend some time with them sitting on you, I feel your pain, the say when you lose something another comes in and takes it place in time. :)

Thanks BG. I enjoy my chickens. I am not too upset that she died though as I knew she was miserable. I've lost quite a few over the years and have learned to have fun with them while they're alive and just let nature take its course. We just keep replacing them when they move on.  :)--V

Valley, Sorry to hear, -There is an extra special place in heaven for pet chooks.. They become Angel chooks...

RIP Pipsqueak...

Valley Um,

Very sorry to hear that you lost one of your chickens. All life is precious and the loss of any is sad to us all.

Peace

ATU 🙏

I'm wondering the same thing as t. Doesn't purging the digestive tract pre-colonoscopy kill your taper? Aren't you removing all of the benzo and sending yourself into w/d? If not, why not?

Gard

I think I read somewhere that benzo's are stored in our fat storage, I could be wrong, but sure I read that somewhere, benzo medication would have been absorbed, but it has to be somewhere. People who are working are drug tested, so it is there. I would not worry about it flushing out of the colon. Good to see you Gard. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi, BG, Everybody. My adventure is over, family problems settling, back home trying to pick up all the balls I dropped. And trying to catch up with the threads that are moving faster than I can! ::)

HELLO FROM THE SURVIVOR OF THE COLONOSCOPY!  :D:clap::yippee:

HEATH HERE, feeling oh so fine.  Colonoscopy DONE!  went without a hitch. 

Only bad part was the prep. Cramps and never ending visits to the toilet. Should have worn some adult diapers!

Almost missed the pot a few times!  oops, actually I did! :oops:

I really have to thank you buddies for alerting me to the fact that benzos ( i.e. Valium) are often used as the sedation drug for colonoscopies.

Turns out I was forthright enough with my gastroenterology doc to tell him that I was withdrawing from Valium and under no circumstances did I want any kind of benzos for sedation. ( One of you buddies told me that you had done that  and I thought it was a good idea. I even wrote it on my in-take papers. The nurse noted it on my chart and put a red band on my wrist stating that! How thorough!)

So my gastroenterology doc brought in an anesthesiologist and he gave me propofol to sedate me instead of any benzo.

Great drug. One minute your awake, next minute you're asleep and then what seems like another minute you're awake and it's all finished. Absolutely amazing

Propofol is what killed Michael Jackson so when I first heard that was the drug they were using I freaked out a bit. But the anesthesiologist assured me it was a great drug, very safe when used in a hospital setting by an anesthesiologist who knows what he is doing. Michael Jackson was administered the drug by an unlicensed dr. who was not an anesthesiologist and did not use it correctly etc. :idiot:

He said it was like having a gynecologist do open heart surgery!!!!

Yes indeed , I love my gastroenterology dr. and this anesthesiologist!

I think I finally put on my big girl pants and talked to my doctors as if we were equals instead if putting them on a pedestal.Turns out that when I spoke up they treated me like an equal who has a brain that can process everything they say.

Any way, gastroenterology doc said everything looked normal and fine. Did a small biopsy because that is the only way to detect lymphocytic colitis( it's a microscopic thing in the lining of the colon that causes irritation. I had it but it went away. Now with cramps and other symptoms too graphic to describe, a biopsy will confirm or rule out the recurrence of lymphocytic colitis.

If it comes back negative,  well then I guess it just might be a withdrawal side effect.

Had to go through the colonoscopy to find out, but atleast it has ruled out any polyps or other dangerous things.

Well atleast it's behind me now! ( ha......pun intended)    I will sleep good tonight ! :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten:

Thanks again for all of your support,

HEATH

So glad to hear you survived your "adventure." :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I know that your Chickens are important to you and you take good care and have taken the time to name them and watch their personality and I know you spend some time with them sitting on you, I feel your pain, the say when you lose something another comes in and takes it place in time. :)

Thanks BG. I enjoy my chickens. I am not too upset that she died though as I knew she was miserable. I've lost quite a few over the years and have learned to have fun with them while they're alive and just let nature take its course. We just keep replacing them when they move on.  :)--V

Its called 'Dinner' :P

Its called 'Dinner' :P

LOL

No matter if it's a kitty or a doggie or a chicken, there's a place in heaven for all of them.

I'm sure pipsqueak is is pecking around and nibbling at some really good corn 🌽 in chickie heaven, flying from cloud to cloud with some new and old chickie friends. Yes, I said flying, because all chickens get flying wings once they are way up high. Yes, just like the angels all things have flying wings way up there. Have fun pipsqueak and if necessary, lose the attitude! 🐥

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

[65...]