Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Now I want to get a colonoscopy! I don't want to miss out on all the fun!  :laugh:

I am not wanting to tell my tale, because....... ???

Where a colonoscopy is concerned, no explanation is needed lol. I still say the barium enema was a far worse experience having had both years ago.  :)--V

I can't believe it's snowing here! I don't even want to go outside but have to head to work in a few minutes. It just brings on the benzo blahs.  :)--V

I can't believe it's snowing here! I don't even want to go outside but have to head to work in a few minutes. It just brings on the benzo blahs.  :)--V

Jeez, I remember years ago we had snow really bad in May, but went away, I have the AC on.... :)

Jeez, I remember years ago we had snow really bad in May, but went away, I have the AC on.... :)

I'm jealous. Just a few days ago I was ready to crank up the AC and now this? I've cranked up the heater instead.  LOL.  :)--V

Now I want to get a colonoscopy! I don't want to miss out on all the fun!  :laugh:

My "tail" is staying as far away as possible :D

That is too funny "tail" :2funny: no one can ever say we do not have a sense of humor and  much fun in the "bottom" of the barrel..... :D

That is too funny "tail" :2funny: no one can ever say we do not have a sense of humor and  much fun in the "bottom" of the barrel..... :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im "sitting" this one out...

Im "sitting" this one out...

[glow=red,2,300]Chicken.... >:D:angel:>:D[/glow]

I have accidentally updosed about 3 times in my current xanax taper (started at 6.25mg and currently at 4.25mg). Last updose was about 5 days ago.

What can I do? Should I hold till stable or continue my slow taper of 1/8th mg every 6 weeks? Have I ruined my taper? Short term memory is such a problem for me. Appreciate any suggestions.

I have accidentally updosed about 3 times in my current xanax taper (started at 6.25mg and currently at 4.25mg). Last updose was about 5 days ago.

What can I do? Should I hold till stable or continue my slow taper of 1/8th mg every 6 weeks? Have I ruined my taper? Short term memory is such a problem for me. Appreciate any suggestions.

hey Jack, -I got to sleep in a sec, its way late/early here... -But what i would do is put in some more info as ite a very open question at the best of times...

Were they continued updoses or one off rescue doses....

When...

How much...

How long??

How do u feel now, etc

Perhaps a sig under your posts...

Set that up under profile/forum profile...

Remember to hit change profile...

One of the good folks here will reply, if i dont...

Updoses one tends to hold at until stable..

Rescue doses one tends to forget, and continue taper (stable helps)

Best wishes...

My advice would be to hold for as long as needed to feel better. 

Lynn will most likely be able to better answer your question and will probably respond.  She is tapering Xanax and did an 8 month hold when she dropped too quickly and has done well since then. :)--V

To all,

In regards to the Colonoscopy question.

I know we all have fun joking about this but I want to be just bit serious for a moment.

Colon cancer is the only cancer that is totally preventable. How, by Colonoscopy screening because all colon cancers or most begin as polyps. These can be found and painlessly removed during a Colonoscopy.

About 20 years ago I was in terrible pain down there and went for my first ever Colonoscopy. They found and removed a polyp the size of my thumb. I was like a new man after that procedure. It turned out not to be cancerous but was of the type that left unchecked would have certainly became cancer.

So, I often tout the benefits of colonoscopies.

Sorry for being so serious but this procedure can really get to the "bottom" of the issue.

:)

ATU 🙏

Hey all. Still struggling to stabalize on my 20mg updose. I hear so many differences in opinion on this and it is really concerning. Am i going through tolerance withdrawal? Am i going through kindling? Do i just need to give it more time? The professionals are not helpful in answering my questions. Updosing again is out of the question as it has not worked to this point and i dont want to start tapering again if i am not stable. I just wish i could get a definitive answer as to what to do, but i am doubtful anyone can really provide that for me. I hate being so negative about this and i know i prbably sound like a broken record.  Just in a really bad place right now. This has taken over every aspect of my life. Wishing everyone a blessed day and a smoth recovery.

Much love

BJ

To all,

I know we all have fun joking about this but I want to be just bit serious for a moment.

Colon cancer is the only cancer that is totally preventable. How, by Colonoscopy screening because all colon cancers or most begin as polyps. These can be found and painlessly removed during a Colonoscopy.

About 20 years ago I was in terrible pain down there and went for my first ever Colonoscopy. They found and removed a polyp the size of my thumb. I was like a new man after that procedure. It turned out not to be cancerous but was of the type that left unchecked would have certainly became cancer.

Sorry for being so serious but this procedure can really get to the "bottom" of the issue.

ATU 🙏

Yes completely understand, I had an adverse reaction going to talk to Doctor about it and perhaps a different test thanks will let you know, you are a really awesome buddie. Wishing you wellness :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

To all,

ATU 🙏

It is definitely serious ATU. I had mine due to suspected cancer when I was in my 20s. Luckily it was something else but it sure gave me a scare.  :)--V

Hey all. Still struggling to stabalize on my 20mg updose. I hear so many differences in opinion on this and it is really concerning. Am i going through tolerance withdrawal? Am i going through kindling? Do i just need to give it more time? The professionals are not helpful in answering my questions. Updosing again is out of the question as it has not worked to this point and i dont want to start tapering again if i am not stable. I just wish i could get a definitive answer as to what to do, but i am doubtful anyone can really provide that for me. I hate being so negative about this and i know i prbably sound like a broken record.  Just in a really bad place right now. This has taken over every aspect of my life. Wishing everyone a blessed day and a smoth recovery.

Much love

BJ

My thoughts are that you will stabilize if you give it enough time. It can take several months if you've become severely destabilized. I know it's frustrating to have to wait but it should pay off in the long run. Patience is the key to holding. I know when we get in a bad place in our tapers, we stress ourselves through constant anxiety about what to do to feel better. About all we can do is do nothing and allow time to do its thing. Distraction to the best of your ability is important when you feel this way. You will get your life back as long as you accept that there will be difficult times but you will get past them and your taper may even become easier once you stabilize and taper slowly by listening to your body. Sorry you're having a rough time.  :)--V

To all,

ATU 🙏

Yes completely understand, I had an adverse reaction going to talk to Doctor about it and perhaps a different test thanks will let you know, you are a really awesome buddie. Wishing you wellness :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Begood.... I'm putting it off too...... :(.  Never had one .... Believe it or not , I used to be a colon hydrotherapist ! Before all this crazy stuff with benzos..... and I still don't want a colonoscopy!

You could have a sigmoidoscopy first , way less invasive , and they can usually tell from that if there are any issues , unless you are having pain, ' transit' difficulties , and then full colonoscopy might be advisable .

Things like family history of colon cancer are significant too when considering this.

I suppose at some point I'll have to have one , but just not in the mood just yet  :o

Black jack .... I'm sorry you are having such difficulty .... Nova posted a quote a few pages back from someone who updosed to 20 mg , was unstable , cut to  19 mgs , and got worse , so they went back up to 20 and they did stabilize there after holding .

I'm no expert on this , but , from what I learn from other buddies  here, and quotes , best not to move anything around while you feel unstable and have WDs , as Valley said too.

I'm having to do a very long hold because of instability , it's not fun , but for me I know that any changes right now would be disastrous .

Love , MiYu

Hey there dearest scardycat buddies.

A colonoscopy is nothing compared to the hell we go through with wdsx from benzo withdrawal.

I posted about my concerns about my upcoming colonoscopy, only because I wanted to make sure there was nothing else I needed to tell my doc about my withdrawal than l already did.  That  I did not want any benzos to be used for sedation. Any other sedation is fine with me. I just wanted to make sure nothing would interfere with my taper.

But as far as the colonoscopy procedure itself, I'm telling you, it is a piece of cake.

This one will be my third. I'm telling you, you will not feel a thing other than the IV you will get for the sedative to be administered. At least that was my experience.

I was completely out during the procedure. Got the IV, next thing they wheeled me into the procedure room, next thing I was being gently awoken by a nurse. Procedure was finished and I didn't even know it.

I had a sigmoidoscopy once and it was done with no sedation at all. Not horrible but pretty bad cramping during the procedure. No fun!

I also had a barium enema procedure that was far worse.

I'll take a colonoscopy over a barium enema procedure or a sigmoidoscopy anytime.

A colonoscopy is painless, it is more thorough in its ability to "see" and find anything that may be wrong, and any polyps can be removed right then and there if necessary , and you won't even feel a thing. If a biopsy should be needed, that is done also at the same time, painlessly. You don't know a thing until you wake up.

I am only telling you all of this because I wanted to add to what ATU has already said, colon cancer is no joke and can be easily detected and cured in its early stages or even before a polyp turns cancerous.

Don't let fear stop you from this very valuable test.

The only thing that is very uncomfortable ( and I think is the only bad part) is drinking the liquid prep and taking laxatives the night before. Tastes awful. And, You normally will be sitting on the toilet on and off continually for a few hours. That part is no fun. But you have to do it so your colon will be totally clean and empty for the procedure.

Ok so I spelled it out.

Please do not skip your colonoscopies! :nono:

Heath  :o

I Promise to shut up now.

Hey there dearest scardycat buddies.

A colonoscopy is nothing compared to the hell we go through with wdsx from benzo withdrawal.

I posted about my concerns about my upcoming colonoscopy, only because I wanted to make sure there was nothing else I needed to tell my doc about my withdrawal than l already did.  That  I did not want any benzos to be used for sedation. Any other sedation is fine with me. I just wanted to make sure nothing would interfere with my taper.

But as far as the colonoscopy procedure itself, I'm telling you, it is a piece of cake.

This one will be my third. I'm telling you, you will not feel a thing other than the IV you will get for the sedative to be administered. At least that was my experience.

I was completely out during the procedure. Got the IV, next thing they wheeled me into the procedure room, next thing I was being gently awoken by a nurse. Procedure was finished and I didn't even know it.

I had a sigmoidoscopy once and it was done with no sedation at all. Not horrible but pretty bad cramping during the procedure. No fun!

I also had a barium enema procedure that was far worse.

I'll take a colonoscopy over a barium enema procedure or a sigmoidoscopy anytime.

A colonoscopy is painless, it is more thorough in its ability to "see" and find anything that may be wrong, and any polyps can be removed right then and there if necessary , and you won't even feel a thing. If a biopsy should be needed, that is done also at the same time, painlessly. You don't know a thing until you wake up.

I am only telling you all of this because I wanted to add to what ATU has already said, colon cancer is no joke and can be easily detected and cured in its early stages or even before a polyp turns cancerous.

Don't let fear stop you from this very valuable test.

The only thing that is very uncomfortable ( and I think is the only bad part) is drinking the liquid prep and taking laxatives the night before. Tastes awful. And, You normally will be sitting on the toilet on and off continually for a few hours. That part is no fun. But you have to do it so your colon will be totally clean and empty for the procedure.

Ok so I spelled it out.

Please do not skip your colonoscopies! :nono:

Heath  :o

I Promise to shut up now.

Heath good post for those that have not had the procedure, I had some real problems with my colonoscopy and that is why I am not wanting to have another one, but will speak to Doctor, as I will need to have a more advanced testing, as I did have a polyp and it was found high in colon, and I did not have any sx, I was surprised, but the reason is more complex and I can not share it as it could trigger some who have not had one yet. I am one that believes that testing for our health is really important. I will let you guys know what I can have in place of this test.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Over the years I have had probably 5-6 of these colonoscopies.

The worst one was in a new facility that did not provide any sedation whatsoever. I was surprised by this but the prep nurse told me many do it without sedation so I agreed to try.

I almost died, well. Was on the verge of passing out when the Doctor stopped the procedure.

I found out later that this nurse was new and knew nothing of the preparation for this procedure.

Most polyps do not cause any sxs and that's the scary part. You could have multiple polyps and not even know it.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

ATU, yes I too thought about not having the sedation, but the Nurse showed me the equipment and I said OK proceed with sedation. She said that they had to give something to put us to sleep because of the event of polyps. Sorry you had a hard time, she also said they pumped a lot of air in colon also. :)

No judgements on my part.  i understand all valid concerns, everyone is different and everyone has had different experiences. Just want everyone to do whatever it is that they should do to stay healthy.

Here's to everyone's health!

Heath

Thanks Heath, and Everyone... I feel so blessed to have found a group so diverse, Where its not just about cutting a med (or not), but about all things health and life... Including distraction...

Here we can flip from deadly serious to insanely nuts, and everything inbetween, in an instant...

And do it with style, I might add...

My very best to All...

Thanks Heath, and Everyone... I feel so blessed to have found a group so diverse, Where its not just about cutting a med (or not), but about all things health and life... Including distraction...

Here we can flip from deadly serious to insanely nuts, and everything inbetween, in an instant...

And do it with style, I might add...

My very best to All...

Ditto!

Heath :smitten:

[d8...]