Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I'm not sure how this works...new here...I am just starting to stabilize after a doctor recommended fast taper from 1 mg Clonazepam down to .25 in less than a month. I'm holding for awhile (@ .33 mg).

Someone told me today that you shouldn't hold too long or you will experience symptoms.  Someone else told me to hold until I don't experience symptoms...I'm confused.

PLEASE HELP!

glo

Thanks Gard, I hope we all see lots of windows :D

Hi glo, there are people in both camps as far as holding goes. Most of us on this thread believe that the longer you hold the more your brain heals from the cuts you have done. Some people have held for six months or longer and then were able to taper again without having horrible w/d sxs. There are much more experienced people than I am on this thread and I know someone will chime in soon. One thing that I have discovered though is that we are all different in our needs and what works. If you are starting to stabilize I would recommend continuing to hold.

I was in a terrible wave and my pdoc told me to hold. As I started to feel better he recommended holding for a few more months at least. My pdoc is pretty experienced with people in w/d. I think he would know if holding would cause worse symptoms. Just a thought.

I hope that everyone is hanging in there and finding ways to enjoy their day, or at least get through them in one piece ;)

Hugs and healing

I'm not sure how this works...new here...I am just starting to stabilize after a doctor recommended fast taper from 1 mg Clonazepam down to .25 in less than a month. I'm holding for awhile (@ .33 mg).

Someone told me today that you shouldn't hold too long or you will experience symptoms.  Someone else told me to hold until I don't experience symptoms...I'm confused.

PLEASE HELP!

glo

My opinion is that if you've destabilized your CNS by cutting that large at the beginning, it will take time for your body to adjust. You will experience windows and waves as you wait out the sxs. Always let your body tell you when to cut again. You're the expert on how you feel.  :)--V

HAVING A COLONOSCOPY ON THURSDAY.

told the doc I was  IN WITHDRAWAL from benzo.

TOLD HIM HE CANT GIVE ME ANY BENZO AS A SEDATIVE FOR THE PROCEDURE.

HE SAID HE WILL USE SOMETHING ELSE BUT DID NOT MENTION WHAT IT WOULD BE.

ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE TELLING HIM?

Any one with experience with this, please chime in with advice, suggestions, opinions.

Thanks, Heath

( can't wait til this is over! :-[ )

Any one with experience with this, please chime in with advice, suggestions, opinions.

Thanks, Heath

He could possibly use ketamine. Maybe even versed which is an extremely short acting benzo. I've had versed a couple of times for procedures during tapering and it hasn't had any ill effects.  :)--V

Thanks, Heath

He could possibly use ketamine. Maybe even versed which is an extremely short acting benzo. I've had versed a couple of times for procedures during tapering and it hasn't had any ill effects.  :)--V

sorry u need to worry about this also Heath...

I only know Ketamine, but not while on a benzo, sorry...

But it is a great drug, safe, short acting, "clean" a W.H.O. favourite  ... It can be used as a mild sedative or pain relief, through to a full General Anesthetic...

If they use Ketamine, enjoy... the procedure will not be a worry... :)

But wish you the very best, and hope all is well...

Thanks, Heath

Thanks Valley and cantfly

MiYu, I love this quote that you posted. It has such reassuring words.

:thumbsup:

" I know of someone who healed and recently had a lot of blood work done.  There is a blood test to determine if there is any damage to gaba receptors and neurotransmitters.  After 16 years on 30 different drugs, including multiple benzos, absolutely NO DAMAGE was found in the gaba receptors and the various neurotransmitters.  Benzodiazepines, the doctor told her, DO NOT CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE.  Yes, it takes a long time to get the imbalance between the receptors and neurotransmitters back in synch, but they ARE NOT DAMAGED.  The body is constantly trying to reach homeostasis every minute of every day."

Thanks for posting it MiYu! :thumbsup:

MiYu, Don't give up! Just hold on and don't change things until you are stable no matter how long it takes. You can do it!

Heath :smitten:

Thank you so much dear Heath  :smitten: yes I too found this quote very reassuring

Hope you are doing well , love, miyu :smitten:

Ps just read your last post ..... Good luck with your colonoscopy  :-*

Thanks for the great quotes Nova ..... :smitten:

Wow, there is so much ' propaganda ' around getting off fast , even from Ashton herself,  in my book, she's way too fast for me , it's really hard to undo the brain belief that WD has to be hell .

It has certainly been my experience so far , but I am just not stable yet , and like Begood said , suffering like that is just not ok , with me either.

So , even though I have all kinds of stomach issues and burning and who knows what , that I wonder if are side effects , I know the symptoms of cutting right now for me would

Be WAY worse. So slothing along it is.

Hope you will stabilize soon Nova ..... You and me both  :smitten: :smitten:

Valley ... Slow down there , don't want you to end up in any big trouble . You should be proud of how far you've come , you deserve to give yourself a little break and enjoy your accomplshments!

Love to all , MiYu

Thanks, Heath

Heath,

I had one done about 8 months ago or so. I had absolutely no complications from the sedation whatever they used,..in fact it was the best 1 hour of sleep I have had in a long time.

Resumed my normal dose taper right afterwards with no impact what so ever. :thumbsup:

I think some times we over think things while in this taper.

You'll be fine.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

Thanks, Heath

Heath,

I had one done about 8 months ago or so. I had absolutely no complications from the sedation whatever they used,..in fact it was the best 1 hour of sleep I have had in a long time.

Resumed my normal dose taper right afterwards with no impact what so ever. :thumbsup:

I think some times we over think things while in this taper.

You'll be fine.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

Yes, Very much the realistic side to it, in just about every case, I think...

(I forgot the practical thinking bit)...

Thanks, Heath

Hi H  :hug: They used Pethidine when I had mine done no problems.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well I am due, but not going to do it, nope, nope, even had a not good polyp removed and they wanted to see me sooner, nope, nope, I will not give the reason...nope, nope.... ::)

Well I am due, but not going to do it, nope, nope, even had a not good polyp removed and they wanted to see me sooner, nope, nope, I will not give the reason...nope, nope.... ::)

Well...shoot.  My excuse for avoiding that procedure has just gone out the window! ???;D

werent we just talking about flowers and spring a moment ago?? (Else where)..

Not sure which i found worse/better (glass half full/empty) -the scope or the Barium??

I was lucky most were done while still induced or still rather sedated post coma...

But i had a refresher course not too long ago... The worst thing was cranky staff, they were renound for it, -I guess they thought their job was, -well crap...

Well...shoot.  My excuse for avoiding that procedure has just gone out the window! ???;D

werent we just talking about flowers and spring a moment ago?? (Else where)..

Not sure which i found worse/better (glass half full/empty) -the scope or the Barium??

I was lucky most were done while still induced or still rather sedated post coma...

But i had a refresher course not too long ago... The worst thing was cranky staff, they were renound for it, -I guess they thought their job was, -well crap...

Yep it is a crappy job....:laugh: nope,nope not going to do it, nope, nope.... ::)

I also had a bad polyp removed and am way overdue for another colonoscopy but just can't do it now.  I know what you mean BG. 

I'm in big troubs with my GP.  Oh well...not the first time I've been in trouble. :D :D

and...there's plenty of other crap to deal with...first. ;)

I had an experience about 2 years ago now. I suffered a obstructed small bowel episode.

I woke in the middle of the night in terrible pain and was feeling very ill in deed. Wife called ambulance.

At hospital they they diagnosed the problem after a MRI showed a complete stoppage in my small bowel( I think that's the right name,.. its the real long one right after your stomach)

Anyway I was on 2. Something V at the time.

They immediately shoved a tube through my nose and down my throat,..not pleasant at all. Then to stop me gagging they used Ativan. I was in there for a week having my stomach pumped out and on some drip of some kind. When they suggested more Ativan I said no and told them as have my own liquid V and I would prefer to just continue with my daily regiment while in the hospital. The head nurse on staff said "No " that's not how we do things here. When I saw the Doctor that morning I explained to him my taper and he agreed to allow me to take my home brew and not take any of there Benzos.

I was given some small amounts of morphine during that week. After a week my obstruction, which they had no explanation for, was gone and my system had returned to normal.

I went home to recover. My taper was never harmed in any way and I got my strength back in the next few days and carried on as if nothing had happened.

Now, if can can make it through all that and not ruin my taper, you guys can get your colonoscopies.

I still blame my benzo taper for that incident by the way.

;)

ATU 🙏

ATU 🙏

I had an experience about 2 years ago now. I suffered a obstructed small bowel episode.

I woke in the middle of the night in terrible pain and was feeling very ill in deed. Wife called ambulance.

At hospital they they diagnosed the problem after a MRI showed a complete stoppage in my small bowel( I think that's the right name,.. its the real long one right after your stomach)

Anyway I was on 2. Something V at the time.

They immediately shoved a tube through my nose and down my throat,..not pleasant at all. Then to stop me gagging they used Ativan. I was in there for a week having my stomach pumped out and on some drip of some kind. When they suggested more Ativan I said no and told them as have my own liquid V and I would prefer to just continue with my daily regiment while in the hospital. The head nurse on staff said "No " that's not how we do things here. When I saw the Doctor that morning I explained to him my taper and he agreed to allow me to take my home brew and not take any of there Benzos.

I was given some small amounts of morphine during that week. After a week my obstruction, which they had no explanation for, was gone and my system had returned to normal.

I went home to recover. My taper was never harmed in any way and I got my strength back in the next few days and carried on as if nothing had happened.

Now, if can can make it through all that and not ruin my taper, you guys can get your colonoscopies.

I still blame my benzo taper for that incident by the way.

;)

ATU 🙏

ATU 🙏

Yes Sir. Thanks for the nudge... :thumbsup::smitten:

Now I want to get a colonoscopy! I don't want to miss out on all the fun!  :laugh:

I am not wanting to tell my tale, because....... ???

[2e...]