Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks for all the responses. I have been using it not every night but probably 4/7 nights and it he

Ps me sleep.

I just thought I would ask and look forward to more replies.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

I was wondering does it help to keep you asleep, the thing I have is that I can sleep, but tend to get up way too early, maybe 4=5 hrs of deep sleep, I would like to sleep a bit later. But I can handle it as long as I sleep. :smitten:

Begood,

It helps me fall asleep. If I need help staying asleep then I use a sleep aid like Unisom or Benedryl.

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Thanks ATU, I am mulling over if I just use or not. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just a quick hello while I have internet access. Tried to read and catch up and now am dizzy! Wishing everyone well. I think if you often.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard, thinking of you. MC INTERNET INC. can get you better internet service. I am thinking of you. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Just a quick hello while I have internet access. Tried to read and catch up and now am dizzy! Wishing everyone well. I think if you often.

Hi Gard, thinking of you. MC INTERNET INC. can get you better internet service. I am thinking of you. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:o :o :o

It can take a while to catch up with this group lol. Hope you feel better soon!  :)--V

61929496.jpg

Sending everyone love , thinking of you .... Happy for those doing well!  :) and lots of hugs for those having troubles ...... Hang In there,

MiYu  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hang in there MiYu, nothing about benzo's is easy, with some time and no tapering you will become stable enough to restart. I am a believer that the time spent feeling better is a win win, I truly believe that is why I am doing well now. Trust me I know that any time things change, but I would hold again for as long as I could feel able to be functional. I guess being miserable is not an option for me, as I know what hell looks like times 2 and I have no urgent desire to ever go there again. Stay Strong, do not give in to benzo lies that will try to trip you up, you can and will do this your time will come and time goes by faster than you think. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Begood , I'm having a really anxious day..... It's not usually one of my main symptoms , but today has been waves upon waves of anxiety, really freaked me out..... I am just going to hold and pray for the best... I also can't go through even this level of hell. I thought going back up to the 8 mgs after my tiny reduction was a good idea, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait it out . It was such a small reduction and I probably should have waited at 8 mgs before reducing any more , I just thought I wouldn't notice a tiny cut like i did , but boy did my body go crazy with this one.....

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Hi M,  :hug: its nothing to do with putting it up its just the way withdrawal is, I've read LOTS of post where people have been off for quite some time, months, a few years, and have had an upswing in in symptoms, ones they never had before pop up, or return of old ones. And we will go up and down, my anxiety is bad, it did get better for a while but now its there  over whelming all day long again now, and my toxic sleep has returned, and its because our CNS is still destabilised.

I can't remember clearly now but I did recall yesterday that I once held at 6.1/2mg for along time after up dosing  as I wasn't good for ages and had some of the symptoms I have now severely, I can't remember how long it was but it was a long time. And at the time I knew nothing about it was Benzos withdrawal just I was sick,  and I was in no state to even think about dropping the dose down. And I thought I was stuck like that for life ( like I do now....again  :() but eventually I stabilised beautifully after going through waves and no windows the same a now just an occasional leasing of symptoms. My mistake was then reading the Ashton manual on here 2 years ago, dropping at her rates crashed and suffered since.

The other thing I can recall is I had symptoms I never had before pop up as well, my Doctor diagnosed Raynards disease, as my arms and legs were going black and blue and really painful I have pictures of it somewhere. Ad my joints swelled an looked like they were broken in some places and I could barely get up off the bed, I thought it was really Rheumatoid arthritis , as I already ahd a full hip replacement done due to osteo arthritis. I had to wear arm length splints on my  arms and hand's as they were always in agony. swollen, and I thought that was Carpal tunnel syndrome on top but it ALL eventually went.

My anxiety is through the roof and it wakes me up but I've just got to wait it out, and I was also doing the same as you when the going got tough I was cutting in a panic until my recent updose and now I feel the same panic. I can see it in my journals I cut time and time again when it got too much and was never stabilised, I went through waves and feeling a bit better felt rough then the panic set in again like now only I'm trying to remind my self that  I can't put a time on the hold I've no control over anything.

I up-dosed this time and now I'm staying put where I am as my last long hold of 6 months I still went through waves of just ok and even worse waves  as I am now, but should held longer as I was obviously still very unstable at that point.  Look at these posts I hope they help you, I look back at stuff I keep on m PC  too read on days like today when I'm convinced I should cut because the drugs the problem, but the thing is the drug may have caused the problem but the problem now is being unstable due to lack of drug in our system. We got too far ahead of our brains capacity to cope with the drop plus the lag time there is with Benzo withdrwal what we're going through now is ongoing withdrawal as we're destabilised

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

]I  hope people can give themselves enough time to heal before tapering.  You may get that panicked feeling that you need to get the drug out of your system, but this feeling can be very misleading I think.  It makes it seem like the nature of the problem is the presence of the drug in the body, when I think it's really our body's dependence on the drug, and when we've built this dependence up for a long period of time it needs to be gradually reversed. 

My big lesson for today is that a hold is harder work than a taper.

We get impatient and want to take it down and down, or a pdoc pressures us into discontinuing since we're not at "therapeutic levels" anyway.

But to hold.  And hold.  And hold.  and wait until you're not suffering before you do a cut - and plan that cut weeks in advance. 

Most of you are young, a year or two added to your taper is nothing - especially since you start to feel immeasurably better once you get down to 50% of "therapeutic dose."  Your head starts to clear, you start to take interest in things, you may care more about people, or even feel creative again.  And that's the payoff for the head zaps, blinding flashes, gut trouble, sinus difficulty, restlessness - that you had to go through to get there.

Holding is the key, for me.  It makes me feel like I am in control of the process.  If my life is disrupted, then it's time to hold.  If I'm having health issues or symptoms, then it's time to hold.

Hi , Firstly, it's never advisable to alternate doses. As it has been said on this forum before, that is akin to playing ping-pong with your CNS. You have to choose a dose and stick to that dose. Secondly, regarding the new symptoms, there could be one of two things happening: 1) The 20 mg is too much for your already sensitised nervous system; 2) your body is responding to (yet another) change in dosage. When I updosed from 11mg to 20 mg in late February this year, I was already experiencing withdrawal insomnia. After the updose my symptoms got progressively worse.

My insomnia worsened, my anxiety worsened and I had a whole new set of symptoms such as depression, ruminating thoughts ('I'm never going to get better'), dry mouth at night, night sweats, waking with anxiety and hot flushes. This went on for 2 weeks and got progressively worse. Thinking that my body could not cope with such a high dose, I dropped to 19mg for a week. If I thought I had troubles before, well this was arguably the worst week of my life! The drop made things even worse. Finally on the 18th March I made a decision to stay put on 20mg and have been doing so ever since. Slowly my symptoms subsided. After 7.5 weeks on 20mg, I'm still not happy with my sleep but it is better. All other symptoms are gone. So the point I'm making is:

1) Any change in dosage, whether you go up or down, may cause unwanted symptoms. This is because any change in dosage when you have a destabilized CNS is going to add to that destabilization.

2) If you are attempting to stabilize on one specific dose for any given period of time and you choose to alter that dose (up or down), this has a tendency to 'reset the clock' in your nervous system so that any gains you may have made with regard to withdrawal symptoms improving or subsiding before you changed the dose are kind of 'wiped out' and you have to start all over again (at least this happened with me)

3) It can take a long (LONG) time to stabilize so you have to be patient. Some people stabilize in a week. For other is can take months. If your symptoms aren't improving or are getting worse after an updose, it doesn't necessarily mean that you need drop your dosage; in some cases it certainly does, but in mine lowering the dose made things worse.

Sending everyone love , thinking of you .... Happy for those doing well!  :) and lots of hugs for those having troubles ...... Hang In there,

MiYu  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hang in there MiYu, nothing about benzo's is easy, with some time and no tapering you will become stable enough to restart. I am a believer that the time spent feeling better is a win win, I truly believe that is why I am doing well now. Trust me I know that any time things change, but I would hold again for as long as I could feel able to be functional. I guess being miserable is not an option for me, as I know what hell looks like times 2 and I have no urgent desire to ever go there again. Stay Strong, do not give in to benzo lies that will try to trip you up, you can and will do this your time will come and time goes by faster than you think. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Begood , I'm having a really anxious day..... It's not usually one of my main symptoms , but today has been waves upon waves of anxiety, really freaked me out..... I am just going to hold and pray for the best... I also can't go through even this level of hell. I thought going back up to the 8 mgs after my tiny reduction was a good idea, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait it out . It was such a small reduction and I probably should have waited at 8 mgs before reducing any more , I just thought I wouldn't notice a tiny cut like i did , but boy did my body go crazy with this one.....

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Hi M,  :hug: its nothing to do with putting it up its just the way withdrawal is, I've read LOTS of post where people have been off for quite some time, months, a few years, and have had an upswing in in symptoms, ones they never had before pop up, or return of old ones. And we will go up and down, my anxiety is bad, it did get better for a while but now its there  over whelming all day long again now, and my toxic sleep has returned, and its because our CNS is still destabilised.

I can't remember clearly now but I did recall yesterday that I once held at 6.1/2mg for along time after up dosing  as I wasn't good for ages and had some of the symptoms I have now severely, I can't remember how long it was but it was a long time. And at the time I knew nothing about it was Benzos withdrawal just I was sick,  and I was in no state to even think about dropping the dose down. And I thought I was stuck like that for life ( like I do now....again  :() but eventually I stabilised beautifully after going through waves and no windows the same a now just an occasional leasing of symptoms. My mistake was then reading the Ashton manual on here 2 years ago, dropping at her rates crashed and suffered since.

The other thing I can recall is I had symptoms I never had before pop up as well, my Doctor diagnosed Raynards disease, as my arms and legs were going black and blue and really painful I have pictures of it somewhere. Ad my joints swelled an looked like they were broken in some places and I could barely get up off the bed, I thought it was really Rheumatoid arthritis , as I already ahd a full hip replacement done due to osteo arthritis. I had to wear arm length splints on my  arms and hand's as they were always in agony. swollen, and I thought that was Carpal tunnel syndrome on top but it ALL eventually went.

My anxiety is through the roof and it wakes me up but I've just got to wait it out, and I was also doing the same as you when the going got tough I was cutting in a panic until my recent updose and now I feel the same panic. I can see it in my journals I cut time and time again when it got too much and was never stabilised, I went through waves and feeling a bit better felt rough then the panic set in again like now only I'm trying to remind my self that  I can't put a time on the hold I've no control over anything.

I up-dosed this time and now I'm staying put where I am as my last long hold of 6 months I still went through waves of just ok and even worse waves  as I am now, but should held longer as I was obviously still very unstable at that point.  Look at these posts I hope they help you, I look back at stuff I keep on m PC  too read on days like today when I'm convinced I should cut because the drugs the problem, but the thing is the drug may have caused the problem but the problem now is being unstable due to lack of drug in our system. We got too far ahead of our brains capacity to cope with the drop plus the lag time there is with Benzo withdrwal what we're going through now is ongoing withdrawal as we're destabilised

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

]I  hope people can give themselves enough time to heal before tapering.  You may get that panicked feeling that you need to get the drug out of your system, but this feeling can be very misleading I think.  It makes it seem like the nature of the problem is the presence of the drug in the body, when I think it's really our body's dependence on the drug, and when we've built this dependence up for a long period of time it needs to be gradually reversed. 

My big lesson for today is that a hold is harder work than a taper.

We get impatient and want to take it down and down, or a pdoc pressures us into discontinuing since we're not at "therapeutic levels" anyway.

But to hold.  And hold.  And hold.  and wait until you're not suffering before you do a cut - and plan that cut weeks in advance. 

Most of you are young, a year or two added to your taper is nothing - especially since you start to feel immeasurably better once you get down to 50% of "therapeutic dose."  Your head starts to clear, you start to take interest in things, you may care more about people, or even feel creative again.  And that's the payoff for the head zaps, blinding flashes, gut trouble, sinus difficulty, restlessness - that you had to go through to get there.

Holding is the key, for me.  It makes me feel like I am in control of the process.  If my life is disrupted, then it's time to hold.  If I'm having health issues or symptoms, then it's time to hold.

Hi , Firstly, it's never advisable to alternate doses. As it has been said on this forum before, that is akin to playing ping-pong with your CNS. You have to choose a dose and stick to that dose. Secondly, regarding the new symptoms, there could be one of two things happening: 1) The 20 mg is too much for your already sensitised nervous system; 2) your body is responding to (yet another) change in dosage. When I updosed from 11mg to 20 mg in late February this year, I was already experiencing withdrawal insomnia. After the updose my symptoms got progressively worse.

My insomnia worsened, my anxiety worsened and I had a whole new set of symptoms such as depression, ruminating thoughts ('I'm never going to get better'), dry mouth at night, night sweats, waking with anxiety and hot flushes. This went on for 2 weeks and got progressively worse. Thinking that my body could not cope with such a high dose, I dropped to 19mg for a week. If I thought I had troubles before, well this was arguably the worst week of my life! The drop made things even worse. Finally on the 18th March I made a decision to stay put on 20mg and have been doing so ever since. Slowly my symptoms subsided. After 7.5 weeks on 20mg, I'm still not happy with my sleep but it is better. All other symptoms are gone. So the point I'm making is:

1) Any change in dosage, whether you go up or down, may cause unwanted symptoms. This is because any change in dosage when you have a destabilized CNS is going to add to that destabilization.

2) If you are attempting to stabilize on one specific dose for any given period of time and you choose to alter that dose (up or down), this has a tendency to 'reset the clock' in your nervous system so that any gains you may have made with regard to withdrawal symptoms improving or subsiding before you changed the dose are kind of 'wiped out' and you have to start all over again (at least this happened with me)

3) It can take a long (LONG) time to stabilize so you have to be patient. Some people stabilize in a week. For other is can take months. If your symptoms aren't improving or are getting worse after an updose, it doesn't necessarily mean that you need drop your dosage; in some cases it certainly does, but in mine lowering the dose made things worse.

Thanks you so much Nova , yes , this is very helpful!  :angel::-*

You have been through SO much ..... I'm amazed at how you have survived everything . And learnt things you can pass on. It always feels right to me when I read things in this group.... So many groups say push on through , including FB groups. And I always feel scared when I read them , whereas here I feel reassured , so to me that speaks to my intuition that holding is the right thing to do so that I can stabilize , however long it takes. 

It certainly seems to take a long time to get the lesson! And the impulse to make a small cut when feeling ' ok' , but not good , is strong. So this time , I'm going to wait til I feel GOOD. I hope I can get to that place.

The tolerance issue comes up.... But I think somehow that's very unlikely given that I have reduced something and experienced bad WDs throughout any tapering. And I have felt better with holding , just not better enough it seems.

There is no doubt that my system is very destabilized . I hope my doctor will support me , I don't think he understand destabilization. That's always scary , but I will try and trust that I will have what I need .

So , given that I reduced that small amount , and it was for about 4 days I think, do you think I should stay where I am now , or go back up to 8 mgs . I'm not sure what to do . You suggested going back to where I was as it was such a small reduction , nothing lost really in terms of a taper. What I need is to stabilize .

I also switched 2 mgs of my dose to liquid , that might also be playing a part in my increased symptoms. I want to get my body used to some liquid so that when I am ready I can do a LMT.

Today I have what I call lead legs , I can't feel my legs and hard to move , anxiety seems a little better , but head full of concrete , yuck.

I know it's my decision to make relative to staying at 8 mgs or continuing to take out the tiny amount (2/30ths of 1/4 mg approx)  I'm just not sure .......it's so little perhaps it doesn't matter, it would make my day easier if I didn't have to calculate that little bit each day and could just take the whole 2 mgs in liquid form at night.

Stable stable stable is where it's at , so either way........ :-\

Thank you for everything Nova . I hope you are able to stabilize very soon and feel better

Love , MiYu  :smitten::hug:

HI Gard , thinking of you too and sending love and hugs , MiYu  :smitten:

Thanks for all the responses. I have been using it not every night but probably 4/7 nights and it he

Ps me sleep.

ATU 🙏

I was wondering does it help to keep you asleep, the thing I have is that I can sleep, but tend to get up way too early, maybe 4=5 hrs of deep sleep, I would like to sleep a bit later. But I can handle it as long as I sleep. :smitten:

I get the sustained release form that helps you fall asleep and stay asleep  :smitten:

BJ: did the same thing to 20V. I don't know how long to hold either. I'm not sleeping etc. PM if you want to talk. I feel like I'm not going to get out of this either.

BJ: did the same thing to 20V. I don't know how long to hold either. I'm not sleeping etc. PM if you want to talk. I feel like I'm not going to get out of this either.

l

Hi Hope! Can you create a signature? It will help us understand your situation. Glad to see you here! :)--V

Have you all tried L Theanine? It definitely calms me down. The Mag powder from any compounding pharmacy, mixed with apple cider vinegar, also helps. Worth a try maybe?

Blue

Thanks Blue .... I've been using mag oil at night as I have restless legs , which is why I got on gabapentin some years back . The mag oil does help my legs , and I have also found a both 100 mgs potassium also helps,

MiYu

I tried 100mg of L-theanine at bed time for a while but I saw no difference in my sleep. One dr I go to also scared me about supplements. He said the FDA in the USA  does  not have any controls over them because they are over the counter and one never reAlly knows what are in those pills.

But I do drink green tea when I wake in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep. Green tea has natural L theanine in it.

Usually, a cup of strong green tea and reading a book  for about 45 minutes, gets me right back to sleep.

But I have heard that it does help many people. I'm just a fraidy cat when it cones to herbal supplements. I feel it is safer to get herbal remedies in their natural source when possible.

Heath :smitten:

Thanks everyone for the congratulations on the window. It was such a nice relief after six months of a wave.

On Thursday I ended up having severe all over body aches that no pain pills did anything to help. I actually think it is a virus as I have had this happen pre meds once before and the symptoms are very similar. It is making my anxiety and agoraphobia a lot worse though. The pain is so bad I can barely move. It is just starting to improve but I wasn't on the computer because it hurt so bad to sit in front of it.

Anyway I just caught up on the thread again. I really want to thank everyone for the discussion about windows and waves, cutting and holding, especially Nova. What a treasure trove of information you are. I'm really struggling with going back into a wave and feeling so horrible. I love the windows but they do make it hard to "regress".

MiYu I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with such tiny cuts. I was in the same situation and that is why I have been holding. My last cut was .00095mg out of 1.1704mg. I went into horrible w/d. I was shocked that such a tiny cut could cause any w/d at all let alone the horror I was experiencing. It has been about two months since then. I have to admit that I'm afraid to even think about cutting now. It makes me feel better to read of others holding for six months or so and being able to taper well after that. I have the added complication of the CT from the AD too so I'm sure that doesn't help anything. Talk about a disregulated CNS.

It was also good to hear others say they feel like they aren't going to get out of this. It validates the way I feel sometimes. Then I tell myself that I will make it in time. I'm not young so I'm hoping I am healed before I turn 60. There are so many things I, and I'm sure most of us, still want to do.

Does anyone experience vivid dreams that disrupt your sleep? I'm not sure if it's an AD thing or a benzo thing or maybe both.

Hugs and healing everyone. We will get there eventually. I'm so grateful for this long hold support group. All of you are so wonderful.

NOVA,

I AM NOT GOING TO REPOST ALL OF YOUR AMAZINGLY INFORMATIVE AND EXTREMELY HELPFUL POSTS. I JUST WANT TO SAY

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH,

They are so wonderful to have when we are in need of help. I copied them into my iPad'simportant note space just in case I lose where they are on the forum. I don't want to lose them!

Thank you again. You are a gem. I just hope you will be feeling much better and fully stable very very soon. It seems like you and Miyu are going through hell. I'm sending Prayers, strength and courage your way. I Only wish I could do more for you. You have done so much for others, Bless you Nova!

Heath  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:            :clap: :clap: for your posts

Ps me sleep.

ATU 🙏

I get the sustained release form that helps you fall asleep and stay asleep  :smitten:

Thanks MiYu, it is good to hear that it helps you stay asleep. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

NOVA,

I AM NOT GOING TO REPOST ALL OF YOUR AMAZINGLY INFORMATIVE AND EXTREMELY HELPFUL POSTS. I JUST WANT TO SAY

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH,

They are so wonderful to have when we are in need of help. I copied them into my iPad important note space just in. Are I lose where they are on the forum. I don't want to lose them!

Thank you again. You are a gem. I just hope you will be feeling much better and fully stable very very soon.seems like you and Miyu are going through hell. I'm sending Prayers, strength and courage cyour way. Only wish I could do more for you. You have done so much for others, Bless you Nova!

Ditto.....What Heath said!!

[glow=red,2,300]"Sista"[/glow] Thanks for being such a good source of help and thank you for the time you spend helping others, for as long as I have known you, you have always given 1000% to BB, and I am so happy that you continue to reach out to everyone here at BB. I know your Journey has been long and hard, but seems to me you are in need of some big Picture Windows, hang on Nova it will happen :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi All,

I take 3mg of melatonin at bed time . My doc said it is a natural hormone that your body makes and as we age our bodies don't makes as much as when we were younger. He said it s perfectly safe to take ,never have to be withdrawal, just stop taking it if you want to at any tine.

My doc takes 3mg so that's why I take 3mg. But a different dr laughed at me. I was too embarrassed to ask why he was laughing, but I shoukd have asked. I diidn't like him very much anyway.

But last night I found only half a pill in the bottle among the other pills so I only took a half a pill......

(1 1/2 mg) Made no difference in my sleep.

MIYU,

I NEVER HEARD OF SLOW RELEASED MELATONIN. I WILL SURELY TRY IT THE NEXT TIME I GET MORE MELATONIN. THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION. I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A SLOW RELEASED KIND.  OOPS, SORRY FOR THE CAP LETTERS.

I have trouble keeping up with your posts, but what ever you are trying now to help you feel better, I sure am praying it works for you.

heath :smitten: :smitten:

Hi All,

I take 3mg of melatonin at bed time . My doc said it is a natural hormone that your body makes and as we age our bodies don't makes as much as when we were younger. He said it s perfectly safe to take ,never have to be withdrawal, just stop taking it if you want to at any tine.

My doc takes 3mg so that's why I take 3mg. But a different dr laughed at me. I was too embarrassed to ask why he was laughing, but I shoukd have asked. I diidn't like him very much anyway.

But last night I found only half a pill in the bottle among the other pills so I only took a half a pill......

MIYU,

I NEVER HEARD OF SLOW RELEASED MELATONIN. I WILL SURELY TRY IT THE NEXT TIME I GET MORE MELATONIN. THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION. I NEVER KNEW THERE WAS A SLOW RELEASED KIND.  OOPS, SORRY FOR THE CAP LETTERS.

I have trouble keeping up with your posts, but what ever you are trying now to help you feel better, I sure am praying it works for you.

Heath, thanks for sharing about taking Melatonin, I wonder if the other Doctor was laughing because he does not believe in it, and of course a rude way of interacting with a Patient... ::). Or I wonder if he read Dr Oz remarks about not taking more than 1mg a night, who knows for sure, but young Lady do not allow a Doctor to laugh and not ask.... :nono:, I would not have left the room until he explained why he was laughing. So glad you are doing so well, remember when you thought you could not hold, but you have and you have had some really good days. way to go Heath. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

NOVA,

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH,

They are so wonderful to have when we are in need of help. I copied them into my iPad'simportant note space just in case I lose where they are on the forum. I don't want to lose them!

Thank you again. You are a gem. I just hope you will be feeling much better and fully stable very very soon. It seems like you and Miyu are going through hell. I'm sending Prayers, strength and courage your way. I Only wish I could do more for you. You have done so much for others, Bless you Nova!

Thanks Heath :smitten:, yes , I agree , Novas posts have been amazing and so helpful.... I a, also saving them!

By the way , scaredy cats are allowed in this group , as long as they don't chase Valleys chickens  :)

Love , MiYu

MIYU,

Heath.... I get the Natrol brand 1 mg time release melatonin .... It has 10 mgs of B6 in it too I notice ..... Hope that's ok for me , I didn't notice til just now. I take a half , so that would only be 5 mgs of B 6 for me.

They may make one without the B6 also.... But the natrol brand is very cheap on Amazon .....  :smitten:

Hi tntd!

Yes, congratulations on your window! Way to go! And yes I know that waves come even when we are so happy to be experiencing that window. It's how the game is played unfortunately I guess.

Just wanted to give you some encouragement about not worrying about your age. You can taper just fine just like any young wippersnapper. I happen to be 71 and I am doing it. I don't think my taper is any more or any less difficult than anyone else's. Just have to be positive and not rush things. I have finally got into the mindset that going slow and being able to live my life (and I am!) is the most important thing. So I'm not rushing anymore. It will probably tAke at least another year or more to get off this poison...but so what! I am in total Windows just about all the time, very stable and it's as if I wasn't even tapering. That's how slow I am going. But ,you know, when I look back on the time that has passed, it's really not so bad as long as I stay true to slow slow slow. Once you get  that into your head, and you are stable, and you STILL keep going slow, you should be alright.

Don't let your age beguile you. You can do this!

Heathcliff  :):thumbsup::smitten:;)

Hi All,

MIYU,

Heath, thanks for sharing about taking Melatonin, I wonder if the other Doctor was laughing because he does not believe in it, and of course a rude way of interacting with a Patient... ::). Or I wonder if he read Dr Oz remarks about not taking more than 1mg a night, who knows for sure, but young Lady do not allow a Doctor to laugh and not ask.... :nono:, I would not have left the room until he explained why he was laughing. So glad you are doing so well, remember when you thought you could not hold, but you have and you have had some really good days. way to go Heath. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks so much Begood. You are right. Never should have let him laugh at me.

I am going to try taking 1 1/2 mg melatonin for the next few nights and see what happens.

I'm also going to try the sustained release melatonin that MiYu posted about. Sounds like it may be better for me because it will give me less melatonin but it will give it throughout the night, very interesting.maybe even 3mg sustained release. I'll see how it goes.

I love your little guy who shook his finger at me! Made me laugh, but so right. Love your posts...and I DO LISTEN TO THEM!

Heathcliff :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on melatonin.  :thumbsup: I'm going to try to get it with nothing else in it, just plain sustained release melatonin for now.I dont want to add anything else if I don't have to. I'll search around the pharmacy.

Hope you are doing better today MiYu

Heathcliff :smitten:

[94...]