Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I'm feeling very disheartened. Again..... I'm just so damn sensitive to these tiny cuts still . I have cut 2/30ths of 1/4 mg in the last 3 days and today was horrible. How can I ever move forwards if I'm this sensitive. The hold helped , but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to how sensitive I am to cutting and the symptoms. Feeling depressed and anxious.

I want to move forwards , but this is ridiculous .....

Begood... What do you think changed for you with your final taper? I know you said Things went south AFTER your first two tapers , and you made some hefty cuts when you began this last, and final taper....I have never been able to do that and can't imagine taking 16 years (!) to get off this....I know I can't predict what will happen , but the pattern so far has not been a very positive one , it scares me....

Scaredy cat :-[

Your not alone M  :hug: I feel the same and I'm holding some of  us need to hold a lot longer than others, I've held for 3 months a couple of times I did 6 months , still never stabilised so it look like I'm going to have to hold indefinitely until things resolve their self. And I've got a lot of worry with my 2 sibling being ill as well and my kid brothers got heart problems and going for test's today, and is scared so it been one thing after another, other stress as well besides  that.

But that aside when I was stable I dealt with stress fine, and even had a good window happen amongst a load of major stress another time, but I cut too much too fast and crashed and have trying to recover since. I'm gone past worrying how long I'm going to be on this shit or how long its going to take to get off it as long as I can get stable I don't care, at least then it will be easier to deal with the withdrwal symptoms as they arise.

I'm looking at it now as some of us really need to hold way longer than we would like to before we get stable and holding is harder than tapering sometimes, but the thing is before I joined BB and read some of the crap on here which got me worried beyond all reason. I just held as long as it took not worrying about how long I was holding or when can I cut, I just did what I had to do, and cut by instinct not by hazarding a guess as to whether it was a good time to cut, or breaking the hold before I was completely stabilised.

Believe me I'm battling now not to try a cut as I feel so awful and want to do something to make it stop but I've been here before, and its not good to make any decision when on shaky ground so its best either to hold for as long as it takes. Or do what I wish I had known was okay to do instead o getting scared by advice on here and waiting 2 year's before I up-dosed. Go back to the last dose where you were okay and hold there, and I've gone back to something I used to live by before I joined BB, when your not sure what to do do nothing and stay where you are until your positive about what the next step should be.

I cut after 6 months last time because I felt so terrible but I should have held longer as I wolud have in the past there is no way I wolud have cut feeling like that before. And some one else pointed out to me that they took 3 times the amount I up-dosed by and that took them just over 3 months to become stabilised so a lower dose will take a bit more time to become effective. And like another member Bird-man said 'Don't jump to heal, you  should only  jump when you are healed'. So as I said your not alone, I can't tell you how awful I feel mentally and physically and the anxiety is awful but I'm holding for as long as I need to as much as I want off the poison  pushing while feeling like this isn't going to help at all.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm feeling very disheartened. Again..... I'm just so damn sensitive to these tiny cuts still . I have cut 2/30ths of 1/4 mg in the last 3 days and today was horrible. How can I ever move forwards if I'm this sensitive. The hold helped , but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to how sensitive I am to cutting and the symptoms. Feeling depressed and anxious.

Begood... What do you think changed for you with your final taper? I know you said Things went south AFTER your first two tapers , and you made some hefty cuts when you began this last, and final taper....I have never been able to do that and can't imagine taking 16 years (!) to get off this....I know I can't predict what will happen , but the pattern so far has not been a very positive one , it scares me....

Your not alone M  :hug: I feel the same and I'm holding some of  us need to hold a lot longer than others, I've held for 3 months a couple of times I did 6 months , still never stabilised so it look like I'm going to have to hold indefinitely until things resolve their self. And I've got a lot of worry with my 2 sibling being ill as well and my kid brothers got heart problems and going for test's today, and is scared so it been one thing after another, other stress as well besides  that.

But that aside when I was stable I dealt with stress fine, and even had a good window happen amongst a load of major stress another time, but I cut too much too fast and crashed and have trying to recover since. I'm gone past worrying how long I'm going to be on this shit or how long its going to take to get off it as long as I can get stable I don't care, at least then it will be easier to deal with the withdrwal symptoms as they arise.

I'm looking at it now as some of us really need to hold way longer than we would like to before we get stable and holding is harder than tapering sometimes, but the thing is before I joined BB and read some of the crap on here which got me worried beyond all reason. I just held as long as it took not worrying about how long I was holding or when can I cut, I just did what I had to do, and cut by instinct not by hazarding a guess as to whether it was a good time to cut, or breaking the hold before I was completely stabilised.

Believe me I'm battling now not to try a cut as I feel so awful and want to do something to make it stop but I've been here before, and its not good to make any decision when on shaky ground so its best either to hold for as long as it takes. Or do what I wish I had known was okay to do instead o getting scared by advice on here and waiting 2 year's before I up-dosed. Go back to the last dose where you were okay and hold there, and I've gone back to something I used to live by before I joined BB, when your not sure what to do do nothing and stay where you are until your positive about what the next step should be.

I cut after 6 months last time because I felt so terrible but I should have held longer as I wolud have in the past there is no way I wolud have cut feeling like that before. And some one else pointed out to me that they took 3 times the amount I up-dosed by and that took them just over 3 months to become stabilised so a lower dose will take a bit more time to become effective. And like another member Bird-man said 'Don't jump to heal, you  should only  jump when you are healed'. So as I said your not alone, I can't tell you how awful I feel mentally and physically and the anxiety is awful but I'm holding for as long as I need to as much as I want off the poison  pushing while feeling like this isn't going to help at all.

Wow Nova, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It has helped me so much , I get the ' gotta get off' syndrome when I feel bad , it's so convincing! But I really appreciate what you've written and I just have to adjust again to the fact that I need to keep holding and if I can make little cuts here and there , then I'll do that. I start with a plan when i feel better ,and then get disheartened when it doesn't go the way I hoped . I'm so sorry you are feeling awful...... i really hope you stabilize very soon

Thank you thank you

Love, MiYu  :smitten: :smitten:

Wow Nova, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It has helped me so much , I get the ' gotta get off' syndrome when I feel bad , it's so convincing! But I really appreciate what you've written and I just have to adjust again to the fact that I need to keep holding and if I can make little cuts here and there , then I'll do that. I start with a plan when i feel better ,and then get disheartened when it doesn't go the way I hoped . I'm so sorry you are feeling awful...... i really hope you stabilize very soon

Thank you thank you

Sorry MiYu, that things are dicey for you I agree with Nova, I have had really long holds especailly when I was on the higher dosage, and it all came down for me the longer I held the better I felt, now that I am down I find it is better to do just one month, when I was doing two month holds I did not feel as well, like my Brain was ready to move on, and yes I felt better when I started going down again, still nothing but little blips. MiYu you will find the best way for you Stay Strong :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:. Nova hang in there you are a Champ :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well, better late than never, I hope everyone had a good Easter. Sorry to hear of those struggling. Thank you to all for your well wishes. My sleep is collapsing again, so if you hear nothing it is because I can't type a sensible sentence! :P

Gard :smitten:

I slept 7 hours on Elavil last night (5 hours without waking).. I know it wont last, but I can count on one had the number of 7 hour sleep nights I've had in the last six months..so I'll take it.  Hope you get some zzz's soon.  <3

George that sounds lovely to sleep for 7 hours. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Everyone...

Sorry to hear some of us arent feeling so great...  so many twists and turns to negotiate...

Great words Nova, yet again... Stability... -Yes, Thats what I need... Easier said than done while living, or trying to live, non functional... But I guess thats the fight... The rest comes later...

Wishing you all the very best, strength, optimism and healing...

We WILL do this, -following the steps of those before us...

Hello friends. Hate to be a broken record, but need some feedback and experience.  Updosed to 20mg of valium about 6 weeks ago. Trying to give it some time, but feeling nothing but anxiety and depression. Not seeing any real progress. Have some windows at times, but would have thought i would be much more stable by now. Struggling with deciding to to nothing and give it more time or to take action and maybe speak to my doctor or even find a new doctor for a new perspective. Also currently on 300mg effexor and 10mg lexapro per day. Nothing seems to be helping. Feedback or experience is appreciated.

Much love

BJ

Hello friends. Hate to be a broken record, but need some feedback and experience.  Updosed to 20mg of valium about 6 weeks ago. Trying to give it some time, but feeling nothing but anxiety and depression. Not seeing any real progress. Have some windows at times, but would have thought i would be much more stable by now. Struggling with deciding to to nothing and give it more time or to take action and maybe speak to my doctor or even find a new doctor for a new perspective. Also currently on 300mg effexor and 10mg lexapro per day. Nothing seems to be helping. Feedback or experience is appreciated.

Much love

BJ

Hi Blackjack. I would suspect that the polydrug issue is definitely a factor for you. I would suggest posting at survivingantidepressants.org for more feedback regarding the interactions. As far as the upsdose, I would personally give it some more time. It can take a long time when you've become significantly destabilized. If you're having some windows, that's a good sign your body is adjusting. Sorry for the anxiety and depression. I know how hard they are. If you can distract, do as much distracting as you can. That's my go to strategy when feeling crappy.  :)--V

Thank you thank you

Sorry MiYu, that things are dicey for you I agree with Nova, I have had really long holds especailly when I was on the higher dosage, and it all came down for me the longer I held the better I felt, now that I am down I find it is better to do just one month, when I was doing two month holds I did not feel as well, like my Brain was ready to move on, and yes I felt better when I started going down again, still nothing but little blips. MiYu you will find the best way for you Stay Strong :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:. Nova hang in there you are a Champ :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank Begood  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::-*:hug:

Hi Friends:

I'm having SUCH blurry vision--out of nowhere. Been holding at 5 for months. Should I cut? Please can someone reassure me? I have had vision issues in past during taper--but now it's for reading too--everything is blurry---and I work on a computer all day. I can't take it. Is this w/d?

Thanks,

Blue

Hi Friends:

I'm having SUCH blurry vision--out of nowhere. Been holding at 5 for months. Should I cut? Please can someone reassure me? I have had vision issues in past during taper--but now it's for reading too--everything is blurry---and I work on a computer all day. I can't take it. Is this w/d?

Thanks,

Blue

Definitely withdrawal BP. I get bad off and on. The decision to cut would be based on your sxs. If they are tolerable, you could get away with it. If they still inhibit functioning, you may want to hold longer.  :)--V

Valley:

Thanks for responding. Your vision stuff just comes and goes independent of cuts? I guess that's what I find so confusing. Out of nowhere it's like my eyes are going to pop and I can't focus. I get so anxious working--let alone driving kids. UGH! Anyway, it does help to know I'm not alone--and that--with luck it's just w/d..I am so done with this crap. Hijacking my life but doing everything I can not to let it take over One step at a time.

Thanks again!!!

Blue

Bluepill,

Just to pop in with my experience, as I also go through a phase after each cut I make where my eyes do not focus properly. It makes reading and typing near impossible. In some instances I can't watch TV even because my eyes can not keep up with the movements and if I persist in watching it can result in headache. This however is a passing symptom that usually resolves for me rather quickly,..in other words it may last for 2-3 days then resolve on it own.

This act of tapering brings all sorts of weird sxs as mentioned above. I get all sorts. Losing hair, jerks in muscles, feelings of extreme cold in feet particularely.

Digestive issues bother me quite a bit. I am currently experiencing that can't take a deep breath feeling or perhaps better explained, if I don't take over my breathing my body won't do it or do it properly.

I have had probably every sxs ever stated possible. It can get very frightening if we let it. I just tell myself over and over,..it is distressing but not dangerous do it will pass with time,, and it always has.

The last few days I have stayed away from the posts because I was feeling so distressed but I know coming here and sharing my sxs and fears and suggestions is just what my mind needs.

Stay strong and don't let this stuff take over your thinking. It will resolve on its own time line and all will be well again for all of us.!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

ATU, sorry you are having some issues, but so glad you decided to come on. You give such good advice and each one of us in our own way can help others and each other.

I had a period where I felt like I could not swallow, and that in turn made me feel I could not breath, but it has passed. Just the belly thing off and on, but that I have had for years and did not know it was caused by the Benzo's, but other wise  doing well.

I had a period when on higher dose that when driving early morning in dark, the looking at the lights would super inpose them on my windshield and I could not see, but with time this left, it is true that there is so many wd sx and so far I have been able to handle them. Glad to have you back hope your cold has resolved or is better. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

ATU:

Begood is right. You really do help and, while sometimes the board doesn't feel like a good place to be, at least know that you helped me feel better today--if that's worth anything. Honestly, it really helps to know I'm not alone or dying or being stupid ignoring what feels like something rather terrifying. It helps. It really, really does. I hope this one passes quickly. I don't like it at all.

Blue

ATU, sorry you are having some issues, but so glad you decided to come on. You give such good advice and each one of us in our own way can help others and each other.

I had a period where I felt like I could not swallow, and that in turn made me feel I could not breath, but it has passed. Just the belly thing off and on, but that I have had for years and did not know it was caused by the Benzo's, but other wise  doing well.

I had a period when on higher dose that when driving early morning in dark, the looking at the lights would super inpose them on my windshield and I could not see, but with time this left, it is true that there is so many wd sx and so far I have been able to handle them. Glad to have you back hope your cold has resolved or is better. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Begood,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I am a pretty strong fella but repeated days of intense sxs can get me down like anyone else.

Glad to hear you are doing better these days.

I had a period at higher doses where I could be out driving and I would get what is called an ocular migraine. It starts with, in my case at least, seeing a squiggly bright zig zag line in my vision. This would mean I had maybe 30 minutes before the intense head ache would start. I always made it home before the head ache but as these became less and less I found that if I took two ibuprofens and sat for 20-30 minutes this attack would subside and I could carry on.

Yup, crazy sxs can come along with tapering but we can get past it and carry on.

The only sxs I live with every day that never subside totally are the body aches and muscle stiffness. These are manageable with over the counter mess when needed so I have that going for me. 😊

Stay well and keep on reaching out to everyone as you do, your words of support are so much appreciated to each and everyone of us.

:hug:

ATU 🙏

ATU:

Begood is right. You really do help and, while sometimes the board doesn't feel like a good place to be, at least know that you helped me feel better today--if that's worth anything. Honestly, it really helps to know I'm not alone or dying or being stupid ignoring what feels like something rather terrifying. It helps. It really, really does. I hope this one passes quickly. I don't like it at all.

Blue

Bluepill,

You are so so kind to say that.

I want to tell you that in many instances when I was having my worst sxs ever, that often meant that total relief was just around the corner. Really, I could go to bed thinking I hope I don't have another day like this one then wake up to find all sxs gone and feeling like a "million pesos".

I find this to be so true, just when we think it is so bad, it can turn off!

I'm sure your vision thing will resolve soon.

Sending healing energy your way and to all our friends here on BB.  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

Valley:

Thanks for responding. Your vision stuff just comes and goes independent of cuts? I guess that's what I find so confusing. Out of nowhere it's like my eyes are going to pop and I can't focus. I get so anxious working--let alone driving kids. UGH! Anyway, it does help to know I'm not alone--and that--with luck it's just w/d..I am so done with this crap. Hijacking my life but doing everything I can not to let it take over One step at a time.

Thanks again!!!

Blue

I forgot to mention that my eye doctor said much of it is due to dry eyes. I use eye drops but plugs work better. I had plugs put in before I started to taper because of the blurry vision due to dry eyes. They work well. He also said to take fish oil as I withdraw because our eyes don't produce enough oil.  :)--V

Valley:

Thanks again!!!

Blue

I forgot to mention that my eye doctor said much of it is due to dry eyes. I use eye drops but plugs work better. I had plugs put in before I started to taper because of the blurry vision due to dry eyes. They work well. He also said to take fish oil as I withdraw because our eyes don't produce enough oil.  :)--V

Sorry V but could you explain why they used plugs....? :)

Blue Pill....

I have had blurry vision on and off during my taper. Sometimes it happens when I'm reading... can't focus on the small print.  Sonetimes I can't focus on large print, like at the  airport last week, I couldn't read a major big  sign. Then it went away. Only lasts a few minutes oral fan hour or so, but comes back every few weeks. Mostly weird and annoying rather than anything else, hope yours  goes away soon.

Vallley, what are "eye plugs"?

Heath :) :)

Had an ultrasound yesterday. Feeling bloated and upset stomach. Kind of mild indigestion but really bloated. Hope nothing is wrong. I've put on 10 pounds since starting  my taper but I have read that it's not unusual to have a "benzo belly and to gain weight. . I'm on pins and needles waiting to get results because I saw a black spot on the radiology film on the monitor. Got me really nervous. But the. Techs won't answer any questions. Can't wait till my gynecologist gives me good results!!

Heath :-[8)

Heath, hope your XRays are normal, benzo belly is quite common here at BB and for years I suffered with it and did not know what was causing it, but if some of us stood up next to each other in a line we could compare bellies, it is almost comic how we can look and it is not pleasant mine will wax and wane. It is good for you to get it checked out, and never assume it is a wd sx. "Here is my belly saying to your belly hiya, are you the new girl on belly lane"?. Let us know how your tests turn out. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heath,

If is any consolation, this past week has been one of my worst for benzo belly and lots of gaseous distension. More I mean than usual.

I had a Doctors appointment today to discuss my lingering cold and my bloatiness and I get these gas pains quite high up in the area just under the lower ribs. I mention this because although I have had GI issue all through this taper it has never been this bad.

He thinks it's just this cold wrapping up and I should be fine in a few days. If not he said he will send me for X-rays.

I am sure you will be fine.  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

Valley:

Thanks again!!!

Blue

Sorry V but could you explain why they used plugs....? :)

They put the plugs in the side of your eyes and they slowly dissolve over 6 months. They also have permanent plugs I hear. They are for extremely dry eyes which cause irritation and blurring.  :)--V

Blue Pill....

I have had blurry vision on and off during my taper. Sometimes it happens when I'm reading... can't focus on the small print.  Sonetimes I can't focus on large print, like at the  airport last week, I couldn't read a major big  sign. Then it went away. Only lasts a few minutes oral fan hour or so, but comes back every few weeks. Mostly weird and annoying rather than anything else, hope yours  goes away soon.

Vallley, what are "eye plugs"?

Heath :) :)

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/punctal-plugs.htm

Try to read about plugs with your dry eyes lol.  :laugh:

[f2...]