Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks, Lynn. I think I may try cutting once/week and see how that goes. I was planning to do a hold because of some upcoming events, but they have been postponed, so I may try a bit bigger than normal cut tonight and then hold the rest of the week. then maybe try a  bit bigger the next time.

V or others on slow benzos, when do you think symptoms will kick in from a cut? I was a Xanax person before.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard 

My wdsx usually come around 8-10 days after a cut. I learned the hard way not to cut again before at least two weeks because I won't know what's going to hit or not hit for sure until I have cleared at least two weeks.

All the best to you!

( also, I don't know how old you are, but I've heard it said that the older you are, the longer it may take for Valium to leave your system. I don't know if it is true or not, but if it is, that could explain a longer time for side effects to appear. I am an "oldie but goodie" so I keep that in mind. Just a thought.)

Thanks, Heath. I'm getting up there but not sure if I'm an oldie but goodie. ;) I made a cut a week ago thinking it would be my last before something very, very difficult on my horizon. Just found out the horizon is not a month away. It's Tuesday. If I had known, I would not have made that last cut. And just to make sure this was as bad as possible, I missed a dose yesterday. :P I need sleep so badly.

Sorry to everyone that I haven't been able to keep up with the thread. I may be quiet for awhile if I get knocked over while having to deal with this difficult situation, which could last for quite awhile. Will try to keep reading even if I can't write.

Prayers, healing thoughts, I really need them. I'm feeling very fragile and unable to deal with what's ahead.

You guys are the best. Thank you for all you've done for me.

I'm sorry for your added stress gard. Relax and try to take care of yourself. We'll be here when you need us.  :)--V

Ty. :)

I'm sorry for your troubles Gard , take care of yourself as much as you can , you will get through it , and I will pray that your WDs are more easeful than you anticipate .  :hug:

The true Easter bunny chicken.

http://www.crainium.net/jdjArchives/Happy_Easter.jpg

Happy Easter everyone!

Valley, you are sooo cleaver!!! And you could solve global food shortages, -if they breed like rabbits...!!!

Happy Easter...

GARD....

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I hope your troubles become lighter and that you will get through any and all difficult times as easily and quickly as possible.

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back

And may god hold you in the hollow if his hand.

An old Irish blessing

You are always my prayers.

God bless, Gard!

Heath :smitten:

Happy Easter everyone!

That is so cute  :)

GARD....

YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. I hope your troubles become lighter and that you will get through any and all difficult times as easily and quickly as possible.

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back

And may god hold you in the hollow if his hand.

An old Irish blessing

You are always my prayers.

God bless, Gard!

Heath :smitten:

That's lovely Heath...  :smitten:

And I wish the same for you Gard, love, MiYu  :smitten:

Happy Easter everyone!

:oops: How did that happen Valley....Happy Easter and Peace be with you and Family. That little precious one in your avatar must be your Granddaughter, such a beauty already. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Easter everyone!

:oops: How did that happen Valley....Happy Easter and Peace be with you and Family. That little precious one in your avatar must be your Granddaughter, such a beauty already. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BG. That's is in fact my granddaughter.  :)--V

Valley, is that a real "chickrabby", and how did that happen, is it a new species? I can not seem to wrap my head around that. :-\

Please give [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] a extra hug from her bestie. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Easter....cute little bunnychick......hugs all around.  I have been rough lately too, so laying low like Gard.  But I still read the board....you all are entertaining for sure!

Happy Easter....cute little bunnychick......hugs all around.  I have been rough lately too, so laying low like Gard.  But I still read the board....you all are entertaining for sure!

Hope you feel better soon Stella!  :)--V

Happy Easter to you Stella, Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Easter long holders!  Hope everyone is doing well <3

Happy Easter to you George, read your posts to others good job :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Easter long holders!  Hope everyone is doing well <3

Happy Easter to you George, read your posts to others good job :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you BG!  You just made my day a bit brighter  :)

Well, better late than never, I hope everyone had a good Easter. Sorry to hear of those struggling. Thank you to all for your well wishes. My sleep is collapsing again, so if you hear nothing it is because I can't type a sensible sentence! :P

Well, better late than never, I hope everyone had a good Easter. Sorry to hear of those struggling. Thank you to all for your well wishes. My sleep is collapsing again, so if you hear nothing it is because I can't type a sensible sentence! :P

Stay Strong Gard. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter!!

Gard, I am sorry you are not sleeping.  Hopefully it will resolve soon.

A good day full of windows to everyone!!

Anne xoxox :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, good to hear from you, hope you had a nice Easter also. Stay well and like us all, Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, good to hear from you, hope you had a nice Easter also. Stay well and like us all, Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood!!

Thank you.  We had a nice Easter.  I hope you are doing well. 

Yes, stay strong is what we all need to do. 

Enjoy the evening

Anne :smitten: :smitten:

I slept 7 hours on Elavil last night (5 hours without waking).. I know it wont last, but I can count on one had the number of 7 hour sleep nights I've had in the last six months..so I'll take it.  Hope you get some zzz's soon.  <3

I'm feeling very disheartened. Again..... I'm just so damn sensitive to these tiny cuts still . I have cut 2/30ths of 1/4 mg in the last 3 days and today was horrible. How can I ever move forwards if I'm this sensitive. The hold helped , but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to how sensitive I am to cutting and the symptoms. Feeling depressed and anxious.

I want to move forwards , but this is ridiculous .....

Begood... What do you think changed for you with your final taper? I know you said Things went south AFTER your first two tapers , and you made some hefty cuts when you began this last, and final taper....I have never been able to do that and can't imagine taking 16 years (!) to get off this....I know I can't predict what will happen , but the pattern so far has not been a very positive one , it scares me....

Scaredy cat :-[

[7b...]