Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone , hope your day is going well or at least ok.....

Valley , I have a practical question..... Since I am now at 8 mgs V,  once I feel ready to taper again , I will need to liquidize one of my 2 mg tabs.

I plan to start reducing my eve dose....

Right now my doses are  2-1/2 mg am, 2 mgs lunch, 3-1/2 eve. So I want to work on the 1/2 mg from the evening dose.

I guess I will have to dissolve a whole 2 mg tab every day? And drink most of that, minus whatever I am reducing.....it was easy when I was taking 8 mgs dry and just having the 1/4 mg in liquid form t reduce. But now , I can't see any way around having to take 2 mgs in liquid form. I plan to make my own using vodka .

Have you ever had any issues with PG? I don't fancy ingesting propylene glycol myself..... Even though I know it's supposedly safe , but still.....I don't think I detox very well.

Anyway , would like your input when you have a minute .

I wish I could tell what's side effects from the V and what's WDs ... I don't really know anymore, as I never feel well when I take my V , even though I do feel better in many ways from the hold, and I can tell that the WDs have eased a lot , but it's nothing even close to feeling well, and never really has been since being on benzos... So I don't know what's what really. I had hoped to get to where I would really know the difference , but it not sure that's going to be possible for me until perhaps a lower dose....

Thank you Valley, hope you are doing well still,

MiYu  :)

Ps , should I start liquidizing soon so my body gets a chance to adapt before I begin the tapering ?

Miyu, perhaps a 1mg =10ml solution, and measure out what u need each day...??

And personally, I would get a little used to it before cutting, just to ease your mind on changes...

-sorry, will leave the rest for Valley,as you requested...

-I sure feel you on not knowing whats from what... It does my head in, and saps my tapering confidence...

Hope u get a break or a window or something to help soon...

:)

Valley have not read a post here from you since April 11, hope you are doing alright, just snooping around and realized we have not heard from our "Leader" in a couple of days....Hope you are doing OK. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Valley have not read a post here from you since April 11, hope you are doing alright, just snooping around and realized we have not heard from our "Leader" in a couple of days....Hope you are doing OK. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi BG. I appreciate the concern and I'm doing absolutely fantastic. I got slammed with a ton of work to do as with Anne, spring is the busiest time of the year for me so I have t been posting much although I have been reading.

I have now completed a month of hard weight training which I never thought I'd ever be able to do again and it actually helps a lot with controlling my sxs. I've continued to reduce and haven't experienced any bad sxs. In fact the opposite seems to be holding true right now as I feel better the more I reduce. I'm sure I'll start feeling sxs hit eventually and will know it's time to hold. Right now the only hard part of the day is the morning until about 9:00 AM. Hope you're doing well!  :)--V

Valley , I have a practical question..... Since I am now at 8 mgs V,  once I feel ready to taper again , I will need to liquidize one of my 2 mg tabs.

Right now my doses are  2-1/2 mg am, 2 mgs lunch, 3-1/2 eve. So I want to work on the 1/2 mg from the evening dose.

I guess I will have to dissolve a whole 2 mg tab every day? And drink most of that, minus whatever I am reducing.....it was easy when I was taking 8 mgs dry and just having the 1/4 mg in liquid form t reduce. But now , I can't see any way around having to take 2 mgs in liquid form. I plan to make my own using vodka .

Have you ever had any issues with PG? I don't fancy ingesting propylene glycol myself..... Even though I know it's supposedly safe , but still.....I don't think I detox very well.

I wish I could tell what's side effects from the V and what's WDs ... I don't really know anymore, as I never feel well when I take my V , even though I do feel better in many ways from the hold, and I can tell that the WDs have eased a lot , but it's nothing even close to feeling well, and never really has been since being on benzos... So I don't know what's what really. I had hoped to get to where I would really know the difference , but it not sure that's going to be possible for me until perhaps a lower dose....

Ps , should I start liquidizing soon so my body gets a chance to adapt before I begin the tapering ?

Hi MiYu. I would definitely start liquefying to get used to it. As for making the solution, propylene glycol works great for me. I liquefy five 2mg pills by using 20ml of PG and 80ml of water. That makes a 1mg of Valium per each 10ml of solution so a 1:10 ratio. To reduce I use a 10ml and 1ml syringe. So if I was reducing a 1/2mg as you want to do, I would pull up to the 4 on the 10ml syringe and then pull up to 8 on the 1ml syringe on the first day. You follow the same pattern the next day except you pull to the 6 on the 1ml syringe, then 4, then 2 then 0. When you get to that point, you would pull to the 3 on the 10ml syringe and start the process again with the 1ml syringe. I hope that makes sense to you.

I feel for you. I know much of what we feel are side effects of the drug. Emotional blunting, apathy, depression, etc are side,effects,for me and are resolving more and more as I get lower. For some reason 7.5mg was the point that my sxs started fading or went completely away. It seems to be improving even more as I lower the dose. Hopefully you will experience the same thing. i believe as long as you taper wisely by listening to your body and holding when necessary, you will start feeling better as you get lower. In my case, I have really felt a huge difference over the past month.  :)--V

Hi MiYu. I would definitely start liquefying to get used to it. As for making the solution, propylene glycol works great for me. I liquefy five 2mg pills by using 20ml of PG and 80ml of water. That makes a 1mg of Valium per each 10ml of solution so a 1:10 ratio. To reduce I use a 10ml and 1ml syringe. So if I was reducing a 1/2mg as you want to do, I would pull up to the 4 on the 10ml syringe and then pull up to 8 on the 1ml syringe on the first day. You follow the same pattern the next day except you pull to the 6 on the 1ml syringe, then 4, then 2 then 0. When you get to that point, you would pull to the 3 on the 10ml syringe and start the process again with the 1ml syringe. I hope that makes sense to you.

I feel for you. I know much of what we feel are side effects of the drug. Emotional blunting, apathy, depression, etc are side,effects,for me and are resolving more and more as I get lower. For some reason 7.5mg was the point that my sxs started fading or went completely away. It seems to be improving even more as I lower the dose. Hopefully you will experience the same thing. i believe as long as you taper wisely by listening to your body and holding when necessary, you will start feeling better as you get lower. In my case, I have really felt a huge difference over the past month.  :)--V

Thanks Valley.... I just wrote a whole response and I lost it  :tickedoff:

I think I'll have to try again tomorrow .... But in summary , I want to try 1/8 th mg reduction to start with, as I'm still quite symptomatic , even though I've made a lot of progress during my hold.

I'm very happy for you that things are getting better , you are healing as you go down! It's inspiring . I hope it continues , and I wish it for myself and everyone else too!

I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to moving forward..... I don't want to get in a mess again so want to start out slow and see how I do.

I probably should be in the health anxiety group, unless there's room for scaredy cats in our groups' animal menagerie ?  :)

MiYu

Miyu, perhaps a 1mg =10ml solution, and measure out what u need each day...??

And personally, I would get a little used to it before cutting, just to ease your mind on changes...

-sorry, will leave the rest :( for Valley,as you requested...

-I sure feel you on not knowing whats from what... It does my head in, and saps my tapering confidence...

Hope u get a break or a window or something to help soon...

Thanks CT , I have 2 mg pills , so you mean 2 mgs to 20 mls solution? It's tricky cause I want to go really slow to start and my brain is not that clever right now.  :idiot:

I'm going to save valleys post , but I also have to ask him to re think for me as I want to only reduce 1/8 th mg the first month, scared to get into deep waters like before ......I know what you mean about tapering confidence, I feel the same way , I'm scared!

MiYu  :(

It took me ages of working through builders posts and writing it down on paper...

I dont want to confuse you by saying the same as Valley, but in a different way...

Depends on how much liquid you want or will use in say 2 weeks... (or less)

1mg of V needs 2ml of vodka -so for my 2V dose, I mixed 10mg V with 20ml vodka and added 80ml of water to =100ml of solution, where 10ml = 1mg of V (so I took 20 ml each day, holding at 2V)

So Yes.. 2mg V to 4ml vodka plus 16 ml water is a 1mg:10ml solution :)

And  valley would have used 5x2mg V tabs to make his 100ml 1:10 solution...

Which would last about 20 days (plus a bit) if you reduce just the evening 1/2mg portion... -you may want to use the mix for your 1/2mg in the morning, so it doesnt get too old..

Note... -Valleys reduction numbers wont work for the 2V in 20ml mix... you would have to divide them by 5....

I would recommend the 100 ml mix for accuracy and consistancy with others...

Someone/everyone pls check this... its too important to get wrong...

And maths aint me...

Miyu, pls keep asking until you are SURE you are clear... :)

-I need to solidify it all before I start again...

My Best...

I'm back from New Jersey.Had a great time . Feeling absolutely normal and stable. Felt like that the whole visit. delayed flights didn't shake me up at all.

So I have made another tiny cut of .02

I'm at 1.07 mg Valium now. I hope it goes smooth so i can cut again in two weeks, but I'll have to wait and see.

My sister's wifi  was not alwys working correctly so i have been out of the loop. I'll try to catch up tomorrow

It's nice to be home again.

Heath :smitten:

I'm back from New Jersey.Had a great time . Feeling absolutely normal and stable. Felt like that the whole visit. delayed flights didn't shake me up at all.

I'm at 1.07 mg Valium now. I hope it goes smooth so i can cut again in two weeks, but I'll have to wait and see.

My sister's wifi  was not alwys working correctly so i have been out of the loop. I'll try to catch up tomorrow

nothing quite like ones own bed... Enjoy...

[glow=red,2,300]"FANTASTIC NEWS HEATH"[/glow]    Love this quote!!

"Feeling absolutely normal and stable. Felt like that the whole visit. delayed flights didn't shake me up at all"

:clap:. :thumbsup::clap::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi BG. I appreciate the concern and I'm doing absolutely fantastic. I got slammed with a ton of work to do as with Anne, spring is the busiest time of the year for me so I have t been posting much although I have been reading.

I have now completed a month of hard weight training which I never thought I'd ever be able to do again and it actually helps a lot with controlling my sxs. I've continued to reduce and haven't experienced any bad sxs. In fact the opposite seems to be holding true right now as I feel better the more I reduce. I'm sure I'll start feeling sxs hit eventually and will know it's time to hold. Right now the only hard part of the day is the morning until about 9:00 AM. Hope you're doing well!  :)--V

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's so great Heath! Hope the next cut goes well.  :)--V

Thanks Valley.... I just wrote a whole response and I lost it  :tickedoff:

I think I'll have to try again tomorrow .... But in summary , I want to try 1/8 th mg reduction to start with, as I'm still quite symptomatic , even though I've made a lot of progress during my hold.

I'm very happy for you that things are getting better , you are healing as you go down! It's inspiring . I hope it continues , and I wish it for myself and everyone else too!

I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to moving forward..... I don't want to get in a mess again so want to start out slow and see how I do.

I probably should be in the health anxiety group, unless there's room for scaredy cats in our groups' animal menagerie ?  :)

MiYu

We have room for scaredy cats lol. When you get ready to reduce, post again and I'm sure we can walk you through how to make a 1/8 cut.  :)--V

It took me ages of working through builders posts and writing it down on paper...

I dont want to confuse you by saying the same as Valley, but in a different way...

1mg of V needs 2ml of vodka -so for my 2V dose, I mixed 10mg V with 20ml vodka and added 80ml of water to =100ml of solution, where 10ml = 1mg of V (so I took 20 ml each day, holding at 2V)

Which would last about 20 days (plus a bit) if you reduce just the evening 1/2mg portion... -you may want to use the mix for your 1/2mg in the morning, so it doesnt get too old..

Note... -Valleys reduction numbers wont work for the 2V in 20ml mix... you would have to divide them by 5....

And maths aint me...

My Best...

Cantfly,

This information that 1 mg. of V needs 2 mls. Of vodka,..

Where did this come from? Is this true?

I have been dissolving 5- 2 mg. pills in about 2 mls. Of vodka, I had no idea that each 1 mg of V needed 2 mls. Of vodka. Where did this info come from?

Thanks

ATU 🙏

And maths aint me...

My Best...

Cantfly,

This information that 1 mg. of V needs 2 mls. Of vodka,..

Where did this come from? Is this true?

I have been dissolving 5- 2 mg. pills in about 2 mls. Of vodka, I had no idea that each 1 mg of V needed 2 mls. Of vodka. Where did this info come from?

Thanks

ATU 🙏

That comes from builder and SG in the DLMT group...

Just post there to comfirm...

it seemed a bit in exess to me, and I would love to know if your amount works...

Though i think, if i remember right, that builder can provide a link to his source...?

Edit: Titration Taper Plans board.... -would be the best place probably...

I've kind of been doing a micro taper with long-ish holds: I just got to 1.9 ml V a day!!! This after making .01 cuts about every third day for about three weeks. Now I feel really lousy - all the usual suspects: nausea, anxiety, exhaustion, spine pain, some tremors. I guess I am in for a stabilizing hold: god it feels good to be able to say I'm under 2 a day. At this rate it will take me forever to get off and then I dread that as well - really hoping the long taper negates a difficult period of healing after I jump. Just venting - sending encouraging vibes to everybody else going through this hideous process

Hi Caldex,

I just saw your your post from April 11 about feeling like you'll never get off the V.

I felt the same way. It took me forever to get from 2.0V to 1.07 V. Now it is taking me a long time to get to under 1 mg V

It seems like such a small amount to have to get rid of, but since I cut only about .02 every two weeks, it seems like an eternity. But I know cutting is supposed to be in smaller amounts the lower you go, especially at 1 mg and below. 10% is the largest cut recommended and I only cut between 2 and 3 %  I am just afraid of wicked side effects!

But , just like growing old, you turn around and can't imagine where the time went, and you think, where did the time go? How did I get this old?

It will be the same with the V. You WILL get off .it seems like it will take forever, but it won't. You will get to 1 mg and you will look back and say, wow I got here and I don't know where the time went.

So just keep your pace, listen to your body. It will take as long as it takes, but it WILL happen!

All the best to you Caldex! Peace, healing,strength, courage, acceptance and patience. Those are the the things we all need. I picked that all up right here on this forum. I keep saying it to myself.

We will all be right here with you, snailing, slothing,, and turtling along! And ..... going slow and holding when necessary,hopefully.....WILL KEEP THOSE WICKED SIDE EFFECTS AT BAY, and we can live our lives!

Heath  :smitten::):thumbsup:

Open question to group.

Can a cold last longer than normal because we are in withdrawal?

I made my cut now 18 days ago. At day 12 I started feeling the sxs which is normal for me.

Concurrently I noticed a cold starting on as well. I consider stopping my cut and letting the cold run its course first but I decided to stick it out.

I have been suffering this cold now for 16 days and they say a cold lasts a week yo 10 days???

Worst part is a night when I go to bed about an hour after taking my night time dose I start getting this clear phlegm now and I cough it out for about 1/2 hour then it subsides. ( sorry for the gory detail)

Is this a slow moving cold or is the night time chest phlegm caused by withdrawal?

If anyone can shed some light on this a I would greatly appreciate it.

:sick: :sick:

ATU 🙏

Could it possibly be allergies?

I had clear mucous dripping down my throat for about three weeks, then it turned into a scratchy throat too.

I began to get symptoms of nasal congestion after about three weeks, but then, the whole thing just disappeared. Never did develop into anything.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better.

Heath :)

I've kind of been doing a micro taper with long-ish holds: I just got to 1.9 ml V a day!!! This after making .01 cuts about every third day for about three weeks. Now I feel really lousy - all the usual suspects: nausea, anxiety, exhaustion, spine pain, some tremors. I guess I am in for a stabilizing hold: god it feels good to be able to say I'm under 2 a day. At this rate it will take me forever to get off and then I dread that as well - really hoping the long taper negates a difficult period of healing after I jump. Just venting - sending encouraging vibes to everybody else going through this hideous process

Hi Caldex,

I just saw your your post from April 11 about feeling like you'll never get off the V.

I felt the same way. It took me forever to get from 2.0V to 1.07 V. Now it is taking me a long time to get to under 1 mg V

It seems like such a small amount to have to get rid of, but since I cut only about .02 every two weeks, it seems like an eternity. But I know cutting is supposed to be in smaller amounts the lower you go, especially at 1 mg and below. 10% is the largest cut recommended and I only cut between 2 and 3 %  I am just afraid of wicked side effects!

But , just like growing old, you turn around and can't imagine where the time went, and you think, where did the time go? How did I get this old?

It will be the same with the V. You WILL get off .it seems like it will take forever, but it won't. You will get to 1 mg and you will look back and say, wow I got here and I don't know where the time went.

So just keep your pace, listen to your body. It will take as long as it takes, but it WILL happen!

All the best to you Caldex! Peace, healing,strength, courage, acceptance and patience. Those are the the things we all need. I picked that all up right here on this forum. I keep saying it to myself.

We will all be right here with you, snailing, slothing,, and turtling along! And ..... going slow and holding when necessary,hopefully.....WILL KEEP THOSE WICKED SIDE EFFECTS AT BAY, and we can live our lives!

Heath  :smitten::):thumbsup:

Heath,

What a great post!

You have lifted my sagging outlook on this entire affair.

:hug: :hug:

ATU 🙏

Thanks, Lynn. I think I may try cutting once/week and see how that goes. I was planning to do a hold because of some upcoming events, but they have been postponed, so I may try a bit bigger than normal cut tonight and then hold the rest of the week. then maybe try a  bit bigger the next time.

V or others on slow benzos, when do you think symptoms will kick in from a cut? I was a Xanax person before.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Gard 

My wdsx usually come around 8-10 days after a cut. I learned the hard way not to cut again before at least two weeks because I won't know what's going to hit or not hit for sure until I have cleared at least two weeks.

All the best to you!

( also, I don't know how old you are, but I've heard it said that the older you are, the longer it may take for Valium to leave your system. I don't know if it is true or not, but if it is, that could explain a longer time for side effects to appear. I am an "oldie but goodie" so I keep that in mind. Just a thought.)

HI, SORRY TO JUMP IN HERE AT THIS LATE TIME BUT I JUST GOT BACK FROM OUT OF TOWN.

MMIYU, I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT IS    ROXANNE LIQUID VALIUM    AVAILABLE TO YOU?

ROXANNE LIQUID VALIUM is so easy to use and make a 10:1 solution with just plain water. The solution can be mixed and will hold atleast a week or more and DOES NOT NEED REFRIGERATION.

When I went to liquid from pills, that is what I used. I think it was Builder who told me about it. He also helped me learn how to make a 10:1 solution.  Actually, now that I think about it, I do believe it was Valley and Anne who helped me with that too.

Anyway, just chiming in.  Hope you are feeling ok. Good luck with the cross-over to liquid no matter how you do it. I had no trouble at all.

Hi everyone, question and explanation needed. And advice!

I understand that daily microtapering is easier on one's CNS. But I don't understand how you can know at what point in your cut that  you may have gone overboard with too fast tapering, (if you get side effects.)

For example, if you start to get wdsx on day 15, how do you know if it was the cut on day 5 that caused the wdsx and it just took that long to show up, or maybe it was the cut on day 11 that brought wdsx?

What if it was the cut on day 5 that caused the wdsx but they didn't show up until day 10. Then wouldn't the wdsx get worse and worse because you had continued to cut unbeknownst that you had wdsx coming, and so you were still cutting lower and lower, and compounding the side effects?  You can't go back because you already have gone lower.

Does that make sense? I'm very confused!

Do you hold after a certain amount of days, or do you wait fir side effects?

Do you think cutting .02 or .03 every two or three weeks is almost like microtapering because it is so small a cut? That's what I've been doing.

I'm doing pretty well the way I'm doing it, but I hear so much about micro-tapering, I wonder if I would be better off. Or should I just leave things alone.

Maybe curiosity will kill this cat?

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

[a3...]