Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I've kind of been doing a micro taper with long-ish holds: I just got to 1.9 ml V a day!!! This after making .01 cuts about every third day for about three weeks. Now I feel really lousy - all the usual suspects: nausea, anxiety, exhaustion, spine pain, some tremors. I guess I am in for a stabilizing hold: god it feels good to be able to say I'm under 2 a day. At this rate it will take me forever to get off and then I dread that as well - really hoping the long taper negates a difficult period of healing after I jump. Just venting - sending encouraging vibes to everybody else going through this hideous process

CallyDex,

I'm hoping for the same thing. A nice smooth step off rather than a jump with a hard landing.

Lets hope we both do just that.

Feel better!

ATU 🙏

Thanks for the slow benzo info. 10 days is kind of discouraging. I was hoping to cut once/week, but if the symptoms don't hit for 10 days, I guess that's not a good plan?

Thanks for the slow benzo info. 10 days is kind of discouraging. I was hoping to cut once/week, but if the symptoms don't hit for 10 days, I guess that's not a good plan?

Gardener99,

Not sure which posting you were referring to but I am tapering V which has a much longer half life than the faster acting benzos like K or X.

I believe you are tapering one of the fast acting benzos which means you will feel the effects of the cut quicker.

Best of the day to you.

ATU

I've kind of been doing a micro taper with long-ish holds: I just got to 1.9 ml V a day!!! This after making .01 cuts about every third day for about three weeks. Now I feel really lousy - all the usual suspects: nausea, anxiety, exhaustion, spine pain, some tremors. I guess I am in for a stabilizing hold: god it feels good to be able to say I'm under 2 a day. At this rate it will take me forever to get off and then I dread that as well - really hoping the long taper negates a difficult period of healing after I jump. Just venting - sending encouraging vibes to everybody else going through this hideous process

Calidex,

I have the same fears as you. I also worry that when I successfully make that jump......Will I find I still have problems with GAD, Panic disorder etc. What an emotional ride this all is. Ive been holding for 2 Mo's. since I had to reinstate back to my original dose. I've heard so many wonderful stories of how enriched life on the other side is, I have to just do it ( the right and healthy way) and see the other side for myself.

Gardener,

I just check d, sorry you are tapering L which is also similar to V. My mistake!  ;D

ATU

Yup. Switched to L. Was worth every painful step, but now I have to learn to taper all over again. >:(

Congratulations!  :clap:

Gardener99,

Yup, it is a challenge that we all face. I myself am taking much longer than I ever expected but I have tried tapering fast and it just ended up in an updose so now I am just going slow enough to continue some form of life style and not piss the wife off enough that she leaves.  :laugh:

As long as my GP dosesn't  get fed up with me, I will continue this way until I'm done.

I have never been on L but I understand it is similar in many ways yo V.

Best of success yo you! :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Yes ATU you are my hero - 1.5!!!!! I made myself go out today and have lunch with friends - it was great and distracting but I am exhausted right now. It's the most beautiful day of the year and I feel 90 years old. Hang in....

Miyu,

Good for you and your positive attitude will go a long way in carrying you through this road ahead!  :thumbsup:

I believe in holding until things are good. Then cut and slay the dragon again and again.  ;)

ATU 🙏

Thank you ATU...... I am feeling more positive for sure. The only thing that continues to bother me is the burning pain , and it seems to worsen after I take my V doses , and so I get scared that the V is aggravating my nerves, and damaging them each time I take it.... It's very bothersome and has been with me all along. It's kind of a burning/ pain / heat combination . Mostly in my back and stomach.

I've felt physically much stronger the last couple of days and been able to walk normally be, which is great , but the burning....... Ugh. I don't think it's it's going to go away at this dose or from holding , it hasn't yet. So I may have to go forward with this this symptom and hope at some point it goes away.

I hope you are doing ok .... I've read some of your posts on other groups and I know you've been at this a while and are super sensitive to cuts....hang in there 

🙏🏻 MiYu

Well, here I am at day 18 since my cut. At day 12 I started feeling the sxs. Last night was my worst so far. Still trying to shake this cold,...and I think it is finally passing,.. I have that stiff sore shoulder and neck muscle thing going on again. On top of that last night was bad as I was getting sharp pangs of pain in my rib cage. I didn't recognize it as GERD but I believe that is what it is causing these regular chest/ rib cage pains. I had it before but closer to my chest centre. Anyway this morning I took a Pepcid complete and think it is now under control.

It seems that these two particular sxs are going to be with me now after I cut. I just have to be better prepared for them next time. Even though I don't lose control my mind still starts thinking Oh no, what is this now! Etc. and these thoughts can quickly start the sxs fear cycle with me. I think I caught it pretty quick though. I should start to see a let up in these sxs over the next few days. I hope any how.

Hope everyone is well today.

ATU 🙏

Just reading this post now... Yes, I hope your symptoms let up very soon ATU ,

Love, MiYu

Hi and thanks Valley, Begood and Cantfly,

I will try d-limodene, and then Gaviscon.. hope one of them works. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I know about the warning about Prilosec and Valium. I read all the labels lately! To night's the second night It had happened. It only comes late at night. Wierd! But I shall see what happens in the next coupe of days.

Heath

I will try d-limodene, and then Gaviscon.. hope one of them works. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I know about the warning about Prilosec and Valium. I read all the labels lately! To night's the second night It had happened. It only comes late at night. Wierd! But I shall see what happens in the next coupe of days.

Heath

Heath I would elevate head of bed! as Cant suggested and I would try the liq Gaviscon first, and do not eat too close to bedtime. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug: for those of you with gut issues try slippery Elm root powder, its also goo for other things but notoriously helpful for gut issues, and I've used it on and off for years for gut problems which I now know were all Benzo related ::)Heath I get intermittent acid reflux as a symptom, and its another common one as the Benzodiazepine receptors are in the gut hence so many people getting gut complaints.

Uses for Slippery Elm

The species name fulva means "tawny" or "pale yellow" and refers to the light color of the pleasant-smelling powdered bark. Added to water, the powdered bark becomes a soothing mucilage. The mucilage moistens and soothes, while the herb's tannins are astringent, making slippery elm ideal to soothe inflammations, reduce swelling, and heal damaged tissues.

Mucilage is the most abundant constituent of slippery elm bark, but the tree also contains starch, sugar, calcium, iodine, bromine, amino acids, and traces of manganese and zinc. Many people eat slippery elm to soothe and nourish the body.

Slippery elm helps heal internal mucosal tissues, such as the stomach, vagina, and esophagus. It is often recommended as a restorative herb for people who suffer from prolonged flu, stomach upset, chronic indigestion, and resulting malnutrition. You can use slippery elm to soothe ulcers and stomach inflammation, irritated intestines, vaginal inflammation, sore throat, coughs, and a hoarse voice.

More information on Slippery Elm root http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/e/elmsli09.html

Quote from: Heathcliff on 12 April 2017, 06:12:40

Heath

Don't take Gaviscon along with other antacids they cause Osteopenia and Osteoporosis, my sister has it from Gaviscon, read the link below as to what antacids do and which ones to avoid. And sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). in warm water is good for acid reflux. And its the active ingredient in Alka seltzer that settles you stomach and alleviates the acid, PUT 1/2 to a level T-Spoon in boiled then cooled warm water and drink :)

Osteopenia Osteoporosis Antacids  http://www.osteopenia3.com/Osteopenia-Osteoporosis-Antacids.html

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks [glow=red,2,300]"SISTA"[/glow] about the Gavison, I only take it on a rare occasion now, the d-limodene has helped me more than anything, no more Gerd, thanks again for thinking of us. Hope you are doing better. Peace. :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Nova... :)

I havnt used S Elm for ages... -funny how one forgets things...

am going to try Aloe juice too... when i get to shops..

Hope you are doing ok...?

Open question to group.

Can a cold last longer than normal because we are in withdrawal?

I made my cut now 18 days ago. At day 12 I started feeling the sxs which is normal for me.

Concurrently I noticed a cold starting on as well. I consider stopping my cut and letting the cold run its course first but I decided to stick it out.

I have been suffering this cold now for 16 days and they say a cold lasts a week yo 10 days???

Worst part is a night when I go to bed about an hour after taking my night time dose I start getting this clear phlegm now and I cough it out for about 1/2 hour then it subsides. ( sorry for the gory detail)

Is this a slow moving cold or is the night time chest phlegm caused by withdrawal?

If anyone can shed some light on this a I would greatly appreciate it.

:sick: :sick:

ATU 🙏

I had a perfectly replicated flue at the very start of all this... -a bad one...

But as i have no spleen, i had all the tests n swabs done, even strong antibiotics while waiting for results... but all were negative... had a temp too... and an unrelated CT scan showed chronic sinus congestion... the phlegm hung on for months... the rest about a month or so...

That was my welcome to benzo tapering... :)

Lots of threads about it around xmas... but not of late... and some were just the flue or colds...

Am guessing immune system is a bit compromised too... so that could make a true cold hang on...

Clear mucus or phlegm fits peoples WD stories...

Either way, pls get well soon...

I had a perfectly replicated flue at the very start of all this... -a bad one...

But as i have no spleen, i had all the tests n swabs done, even strong antibiotics while waiting for results... but all were negative... had a temp too... and an unrelated CT scan showed chronic sinus congestion... the phlegm hung on for months... the rest about a month or so...

That was my welcome to benzo tapering... :)

Lots of threads about it around xmas... but not of late... and some were just the flue or colds...

Am guessing immune system is a bit compromised too... so that could make a true cold hang on...

Clear mucus or phlegm fits peoples WD stories...

Either way, pls get well soon...

Cantfly,

Thank you,  I suspect you are correct.

It will pass with time as everything always does. :smitten:

ATU 🙏

ATU, last early late winter into spring I had what I thought was a cold and it lasted for over 8wks, I never had a fever, but I did cough up clear mucous and felt congested, so I really think I had a bit of Bronchitis, so I did the chicken noodle soup, had someone clap my back and every evening while on laptop I sprayed it each time I coughed. But it took forever to get over it. I do believe that I would have been over it sooner if not for being a bit compromised by the taper and my body not being 100%.

Looking back, I should have went to the Doctor and started on medication, but no I just suffered, but lesson learned, I will not do that again, I am sure if you continue to feel badly you will be checked out by your Doctor. The thing is that we all here at BB lay everything on tapering and I know a couple of people that had Life altering diseases we just never know for sure. Hang in there and I am sure you will make the right decision if needed. Hope you feel better soon.  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

ATU, last early late winter into spring I had what I thought was a cold and it lasted for over 8wks, I never had a fever, but I did cough up clear mucous and felt congested, so I really think I had a bit of Bronchitis, so I did the chicken noodle soup, had someone clap my back and every evening while on laptop I sprayed it each time I coughed. But it took forever to get over it. I do believe that I would have been over it sooner if not for being a bit compromised by the taper and my body not being 100%.

Looking back, I should have went to the Doctor and started on medication, but no I just suffered, but lesson learned, I will not do that again, I am sure if you continue to feel badly you will be checked out by your Doctor. The thing is that we all here at BB lay everything on tapering and I know a couple of people that had Life altering diseases we just never know for sure. Hang in there and I am sure you will make the right decision if needed. Hope you feel better soon.  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

Thanks for that.

The cold is actually not as bad as it was last week so I know Im getting over it. Also I have read that a cold can in deed last three weeks but the third week is usually not as bad as the first two.

Well that's me I am better than last week so I guess Im just fixating on it since I have never had one last this long and truth be told haven't had a bad cold for a long time.

If it continues or gets worse again, I will consult my GP.

Hugs:

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Open question to group.

Can a cold last longer than normal because we are in withdrawal?

I made my cut now 18 days ago. At day 12 I started feeling the sxs which is normal for me.

Concurrently I noticed a cold starting on as well. I consider stopping my cut and letting the cold run its course first but I decided to stick it out.

I have been suffering this cold now for 16 days and they say a cold lasts a week yo 10 days???

Worst part is a night when I go to bed about an hour after taking my night time dose I start getting this clear phlegm now and I cough it out for about 1/2 hour then it subsides. ( sorry for the gory detail)

Is this a slow moving cold or is the night time chest phlegm caused by withdrawal?

If anyone can shed some light on this a I would greatly appreciate it.

:sick: :sick:

ATU 🙏

ATU , I responded to your post in the Valium WD group , hope you feel better soon , MiYu

[46...]