Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Has anyone heard from ATU, he was fighting a cold the last we heard from him, Hey ATU missing your wise words and the Support you give. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Also a shout out to Our Anne, hope all is well and wanted to let you know you are missed My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood,

Thanks for the shout.  Things are going well here.  I have been busy, so I have not been posting much. I need to get caught up with the posts.

I hope you are doing well!! Thank you for being such a wonderful support to all here.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Has anyone heard from ATU, he was fighting a cold the last we heard from him, Hey ATU missing your wise words and the Support you give. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Also a shout out to Our Anne, hope all is well and wanted to let you know you are missed My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I have been very remiss and forgot to answer Anne's last email. :-[  I just messaged her and hope to hear back. I know the school year is winding down so I'm sure she's busy. Miss having her here on the boards!

Hi Gard,

Received your email.  I miss all of you too.  It has been a busy time.  April is always the busiest for me.

I hope you are having a good day!!

Anne xoxox :smitten: :smitten:

ATU, I'm sorry your symptoms are still so bad. I'm only on day 2 of my hold so I can expect to still feel crummy. Well, I hope we all feel better soon. Please take care of yourself!

Gard

Hi Begood,

Thanks for the shout.  Things are going well here.  I have been busy, so I have not been posting much. I need to get caught up with the posts.

I hope you are doing well!! Thank you for being such a wonderful support to all here.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Glad to hear from you, and good to hear you are still involved with working and such. I am doing well thanks, slow and steady and no rush mentality and trying to be kind.... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

ATU, I'm sorry your symptoms are still so bad. I'm only on day 2 of my hold so I can expect to still feel crummy. Well, I hope we all feel better soon. Please take care of yourself!

Gard

Garener99,

With my cut & hold I typically start feeling my cut anywhere between day 10-12 then I will have a week or so of bad sxs then things start to subside from there. So I guess I am in the heart of it right now.  :sick:

I'm interested in others experience,. When do your sxs tend to kick in after a cut?

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

Hey ATU, leaving this message again, think you may have missed it earlier. :smitten:

ATU wow 16 days off is a long time, you have had three stressors the trip back home from vacation, your cold and your Wife's medical issues, it will all get better, just breathe and do your meditations, we are all thinking of you and Praying. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:  :smitten: :smitten:

Begood,

Thank you I did miss that.

When you say 16 days is a long time, what exactly do you mean by that?

Thanks

ATU 🙏

Gard

Garener99,

With my cut & hold I typically start feeling my cut anywhere between day 10-12 then I will have a week or so of bad sxs then things start to subside from there. So I guess I am in the heart of it right now.  :sick:

I'm interested in others experience,. When do your sxs tend to kick in after a cut?

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

When I was doing cut and hold, I would feel the cut after 3 days and then get hit again on day 10.  I'm finding the microtaper to be much more gentle on me.  I haven't held since I hit 7.5mg and seem to be doing fine.  Hope your sxs pass very soon!  It's miserable to have a cold and other stresses on top of benzo withdrawal.. :)--V

Valley,

Thanks for the encouragement. I tried the M/T a couple of times with bad results so I decided to stick with the cut & hold.

You get 3 days wow, you must be a fast metabolizer I guess. I have been consistent at day 10-12 as far as sxs go. I know with cut & hold the sxs are usually worse but there is something about the semi predictability of it that comforts me. When I tried the micro taper I would get hit out of the blue and it was hard to plan my time. This way I more or less know when my real bad days are so I can avoid any tough commitments or plans during those days.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Valley,

Thanks for the encouragement. I tried the M/T a couple of times with bad results so I decided to stick with the cut & hold.

You get 3 days wow, you must be a fast metabolizer I guess. I have been consistent at day 10-12 as far as sxs go. I know with cut & hold the sxs are usually worse but there is something about the semi predictability of it that comforts me. When I tried the micro taper I would get hit out of the blue and it was hard to plan my time. This way I more or less know when my real bad days are so I can avoid any tough commitments or plans during those days.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

I had to modify the microtaper. I don't do daily cuts. My current taper schedule is .05mg every 2-5 days. I've actually been able to stay at every 2 days since I started this way. I'm not sure why as .025mg cuts every day would catch up to me. This is the most non logical process I've ever seen lol.  We just have to do whatever works and make changes when needed. :)--V

Gard

Garener99,

Hugs:

ATU 🙏

I have not the slightest clue what's going on with me. I did most of my tapering off of Xanax and was in constant misery after week 6. Then crossed to librium, which is slow like V. I did a very long hold and started to feel better, but as soon as I started cutting again, things went south pretty fast. I can't figure out a pattern, though. Holding again.

Hope things turn around for you soon.

Gard

Begood,

Thanks

ATU 🙏

Oh I went back to see what I wrote, sorry but I had just finished reading 2trustings blog and he had said it had been 16 days since walking off. I did not mean to throw you a curve.... :crazy: sometimes... :) I have a different type of taper I think it would be called a cut and hold, I cut for 10days 5% then hold for 1 month, had been doing 2 months but felt one month was enough. Usually I feel something very minor, blips, off and on, but doable and about the 8 day I will feel something a little more, this past taper I felt a really bad benzo belly, but it resolved, and a slight decrease in sleep, but it is coming back, I am starting week two of hold, I wonder what Valley would call my [glow=red,2,300]"TURTLE TAPER?"[/glow] but ATU it works well for me and basically I have been having long holds the whole way.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

BG... -probably not the Fox Trot...

Maybe the Two Step Turtle Taper...???

Hi all... Guess Im waking up as many of you go to sleep, yet again...

Take care and Best Wishes....

:)

All good my end...

Begood,

Thanks

ATU 🙏

Oh I went back to see what I wrote, sorry but I had just finished reading 2trustings blog and he had said it had been 16 days since walking off. I did not mean to throw you a curve.... :crazy: sometimes... :) I have a different type of taper I think it would be called a cut and hold, I cut for 10days 5% then hold for 1 month, had been doing 2 months but felt one month was enough. Usually I feel something very minor, blips, off and on, but doable and about the 8 day I will feel something a little more, this past taper I felt a really bad benzo belly, but it resolved, and a slight decrease in sleep, but it is coming back, I am starting week two of hold, I wonder what Valley would call my [glow=red,2,300]"TURTLE TAPER?"[/glow] but ATU it works well for me and basically I have been having long holds the whole way.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think Cantfly aptly named it.  :)

http://franciekelley.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/dancing-turtle.jpg

Begood,

Thanks

ATU 🙏

Funny but that. Turtle looks like it has an alligator head!

Begood,

Thanks

ATU 🙏

Funny but that. Turtle looks like it has an alligator head!

Heath I think it has a Froggy head.... >:D:angel:>:D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

BG... -probably not the Fox Trot...

Maybe the Two Step Turtle Taper...???

Hi all... Guess Im waking up as many of you go to sleep, yet again...

Take care and Best Wishes....

:)

All good my end...

Yep the Two Step turtle/froggy taper?? :D :D :D

ATU,

I had the same issue as you do with the Daily micro-taper.  Unpredictability.  I like knowing that Day 3 will be the worst.  I like the familiar pattern of things.  On the daily I never knew what to expect.  So, I'm in the "smaller but more frequent" camp these days. :thumbsup:

Curious, Lynn, what you mean by smaller but more frequent. One cut a week? I'm thinking about switching to that.

Hope you're having good day.

Gard :smitten:

Hey Gard,

I had been doing a larger cut every 30 days for quite a while and those became too much of a jolt so I tried the daily micro-taper.  I was reducing every day for 5 days and then holding for 10 or so.  I felt that reducing over a number of days just took longer to settle out.  It was also more complicated with going down each day - having a different dose every day.  So I decided to take the entire 5 day reduction at once and then hold for the next 10 days.  As ATU said, I like reducing all at once and knowing that the usual pattern of day 3 being the worst and then things improving with hold.  Going down each day for 5 days meant that I wouldn't know what was going on for 8 or 9 days (3 or 4 days after the 5 day end to the taper).

Hope this makes sense.  It's going well - with the exception of last week when I made a major mistake in the "lab"! :idiot: :idiot:

Lynn33,

If my cuts don't start getting easier instead of worse, I think I might try what your doing and see if it works for me.

Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback and sharing of experiences!  :thumbsup:

Hugs to all

ATU 🙏

Hey Gard,

I had been doing a larger cut every 30 days for quite a while and those became too much of a jolt so I tried the daily micro-taper.  I was reducing every day for 5 days and then holding for 10 or so.  I felt that reducing over a number of days just took longer to settle out.  It was also more complicated with going down each day - having a different dose every day.  So I decided to take the entire 5 day reduction at once and then hold for the next 10 days.  As ATU said, I like reducing all at once and knowing that the usual pattern of day 3 being the worst and then things improving with hold.  Going down each day for 5 days meant that I wouldn't know what was going on for 8 or 9 days (3 or 4 days after the 5 day end to the taper).

Hope this makes sense.  It's going well - with the exception of last week when I made a major mistake in the "lab"! :idiot: :idiot:

Hi Lynn  :hug: I'm glad your still going along nicely your taper :thumbsup: I'm a more than bit Non compos mentis  :D,so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it cut and hold using liquid that your doing now rather than a pill? As I'm seeing instead of dropping for instance 00.1 per day your dropping 00.5 in one day as a dose ( once weekly  drop in dose as opposed to daily drop dose)  then holding for 10 then doing exactly the same again and dropping by 00.5( or whatever your cutting) every-time? So you always cut the same amount once every 5 days, then hold 10 and repeat to simplify what I'm trying to say a bit  ::)....sorry :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes Nova, I went to liquid at the beginning of the year.  I could not cut these foolish pills small enough anymore. :crazy:  And I am dropping .005mg every 10 days.  I hoping to be off mid-summer.

How have you been?

Two failed tapers by Psychiatrist who don't know squat about withdrawl. Now I am terrified to try again ( 3% slow microtapering milk) and terrified to stay on the K for fear of tolerence withdrawl symptoms....Like when my Xanax suddenly stopped working. What do you do when you just want to give up? How do you keep going?  I'm anxious either way. Does anyone just decide to stay on the benzos? I'm 57 and don't think my body can handle withdrawl again. Help.

[15...]