Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks, Cant. It was such a relief to get some sleep. A bit jittery as it wears off, but so far not bad. I won't take another tonight and hope that one dose was enough. If nothing else, I had the energy to go to the grocery store today! :thumbsup:

Well things were going swimmingly and I got hit with severe fatigue today. I've been sleeping pretty much all day. It doesn't feel toxic but I do have a terrible headache. Just keeping it real lol. I do have some rough days but the taper continues to go very well.  :)--V

MiYu, sorry you are not feeling well, I wish I had the Magic wand to move over all of BB and heal us. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Begood, CAntfly, Gard, Lynn ....... :smitten:

Sorry for your tummy troubles CF...... I hope the carrots aren't too hard on your system . Have you tried psyllium husk? You'd have to take it away from meds as it might interfere with absorption ....

I hope things ease up soon.

Gard , :smitten:  sorry for your lack of sleep.... I accidentally took an extra 300 mgs gabapentin one night... I slept great and had a pretty good day the next day.... I don't think it did any harm , I just went back down to my 400 mg the next night.

I've felt my gabapentin cut backs , but they don't last long, a few days. Nothing like the Valium!

Do you take melatonin , ? I take 1/2 mg at night and it does the trick. Extended release.....

Valley, you are trundling along very well...... I'm not suprised you got hit with some fatigue. I think you must have a very strong constitution ....? Hope you can rest enough to be back at work.  :)

Have I missed anyone?

I had a horrid day yesterday and better today.....never feel good after I take V , but at least I have a bit more energy today. It seems to go like that , a bad day of symptoms , and then a better day. Wow , I might even start to see a pattern one of these days ! I think , hope , I am recovering faster from the small cuts... Seems like l might be...not going to push my luck for now though. Burning stomach seems to be with me all the way...

I am eager to lower my dose , I can't deny it, especially as I feel Valium doesn't agree with me and seems to set my system all upside down.

Will keep you posted ..... I wonder how Heath is getting along on her trip.....

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Sorry about your fatigue crash, V. Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps Cookie would like to nap with you?

Miyu, I'm glad you are getting some good days. Very sorry about the stomach problems being so persistent. That must be very difficult to deal with. I'm with you on being eager to get lower. I hit my 25mg milestone (knocked off one of my 5mg capsules) and have to hold now. I want to keep going! But I know that wold be bad for me right now. Still, I find myself counting how many cuts, how many days, to the next capsule. Silly me, I'm holding so I need to not be counting!

Hope everyone is having a reasonably good day. One day closer to freedom!

Gard :smitten:

MiYu, sorry you are not feeling well, I wish I had the Magic wand to move over all of BB and heal us. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Begood, CAntfly, Gard, Lynn ....... :smitten:

Sorry for your tummy troubles CF...... I hope the carrots aren't too hard on your system . Have you tried psyllium husk? You'd have to take it away from meds as it might interfere with absorption ....

I hope things ease up soon.

Gard , :smitten:  sorry for your lack of sleep.... I accidentally took an extra 300 mgs gabapentin one night... I slept great and had a pretty good day the next day.... I don't think it did any harm , I just went back down to my 400 mg the next night.

I've felt my gabapentin cut backs , but they don't last long, a few days. Nothing like the Valium!

Do you take melatonin , ? I take 1/2 mg at night and it does the trick. Extended release.....

Valley, you are trundling along very well...... I'm not suprised you got hit with some fatigue. I think you must have a very strong constitution ....? Hope you can rest enough to be back at work.  :)

Have I missed anyone?

I had a horrid day yesterday and better today.....never feel good after I take V , but at least I have a bit more energy today. It seems to go like that , a bad day of symptoms , and then a better day. Wow , I might even start to see a pattern one of these days ! I think , hope , I am recovering faster from the small cuts... Seems like l might be...not going to push my luck for now though. Burning stomach seems to be with me all the way...

I am eager to lower my dose , I can't deny it, especially as I feel Valium doesn't agree with me and seems to set my system all upside down.

Will keep you posted ..... I wonder how Heath is getting along on her trip.....

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Glad you had a better day MiYu. You'll be lowering your dose before you know it.  :)--V

Sorry about your fatigue crash, V. Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps Cookie would like to nap with you?

Miyu, I'm glad you are getting some good days. Very sorry about the stomach problems being so persistent. That must be very difficult to deal with. I'm with you on being eager to get lower. I hit my 25mg milestone (knocked off one of my 5mg capsules) and have to hold now. I want to keep going! But I know that wold be bad for me right now. Still, I find myself counting how many cuts, how many days, to the next capsule. Silly me, I'm holding so I need to not be counting!

I'd let cookie nap with me if she wears a chicken diaper.  :laugh:

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/chickendiaper1.jpg

Has anyone heard from ATU, he was fighting a cold the last we heard from him, Hey ATU missing your wise words and the Support you give. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Also a shout out to Our Anne, hope all is well and wanted to let you know you are missed My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Has anyone heard from ATU, he was fighting a cold the last we heard from him, Hey ATU missing your wise words and the Support you give. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Also a shout out to Our Anne, hope all is well and wanted to let you know you are missed My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup:

Well things were going swimmingly and I got hit with severe fatigue today. I've been sleeping pretty much all day. It doesn't feel toxic but I do have a terrible headache. Just keeping it real lol. I do have some rough days but the taper continues to go very well.  :)--V

Valley just rest and get caught up, I think sometimes when we taper we hit snags of different things that tend to rear its ugly head, I have had fatigue and lack of motivation on occasion while going through this process, but be assured it does get better, for now mine has resolved, now I am just severely [glow=red,2,300]"LAZY"[/glow] but it is nothing to do with tapering. Hopefully it will not last long for you. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BG. Im sure it will pass soon. It's just frustrating being so tired today as I had planned to get some things done.  :)--V

Valley,

I'm here, have been off line for some time. Still fighting this cold though I think it is on its way out.

Had a bad scare on Tuesday. The wife had gone to se Doctor about a swollen lymph node but did not let me know. Tuesday since she hadn't heard back and two weeks had passed, she told me but was sure all was fine since they said if anything was found they would call in a couple of days. OK ,..

Then later that morning they call to say she has to come in to see Doctor about results. She had cancer 3 years ago and underwent surgery for it. Has been clean since. Anyway this news really hit me hard. I drove her down to the Doctor shaking all the way but had to do it.

It turned out to be nothing of real concern but they want to do another ultrasound in a months time.

It took me the rest of the week to get back to normal!! :-[

How are you doing?

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Valley,

I'm here, have been off line for some time. Still fighting this cold though I think it is on its way out.

Had a bad scare on Tuesday. The wife had gone to se Doctor about a swollen lymph node but did not let me know. Tuesday since she hadn't heard back and two weeks had passed, she told me but was sure all was fine since they said if anything was found they would call in a couple of days. OK ,..

Then later that morning they call to say she has to come in to see Doctor about results. She had cancer 3 years ago and underwent surgery for it. Has been clean since. Anyway this news really hit me hard. I drove her down to the Doctor shaking all the way but had to do it.

It turned out to be nothing of real concern but they want to do another ultrasound in a months time.

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏

Oh so glad to hear from you, have been worried and I am so happy that your Wife is OK, Going through this Journey to get off of benzo's are a real challenge, but when someone we Love may have something wrong it is so scary. I know that took its toll, we are fragile and it is going to take time to get our Strength back. Thanks for sharing with us. I will keep your Wife in My Prayers also.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  :oops: :oops: :oops: Valley did not mean to hijack your post from ATU.

Valley,

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏

Oh so glad to hear from you, have been worried and I am so happy that your Wife is OK, Going through this Journey to get off of benzo's are a real challenge, but when someone we Love may have something wrong it is so scary. I know that took its toll, we are fragile and it is going to take time to get our Strength back. Thanks for sharing with us. I will keep your Wife in My Prayers also.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  :oops: :oops: :oops: Valley did not mean to hijack your post from ATU.

No worries  :). I agree with everything you said.  :thumbsup:

Valley,

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏

I'm sorry for the added stress ATU and will also keep you and your wife in my prayers.

I'm doing very well other than some fatigue that hit me today. It seems to be lifting this evening.  :)--V

I'd let cookie nap with me if she wears a chicken diaper.  :laugh:

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/chickendiaper1.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have been very remiss and forgot to answer Anne's last email. :-[  I just messaged her and hope to hear back. I know the school year is winding down so I'm sure she's busy. Miss having her here on the boards!

Valley,

The prayers are certainly appreciated. You and everyone suffering everywhere are in mine.

Glad your feeling better tonight!

:thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

Valley,

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏

Oh dear, what a scare! I'm glad your wife seems to be fine now. I hope you are on the mend yourself. :smitten:

Valley just rest and get caught up, I think sometimes when we taper we hit snags of different things that tend to rear its ugly head, I have had fatigue and lack of motivation on occasion while going through this process, but be assured it does get better, for now mine has resolved, now I am just severely [glow=red,2,300]"LAZY"[/glow] but it is nothing to do with tapering. Hopefully it will not last long for you. Stay Strong. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BG!  :)--V

Well this morning I discovered the reason for my rough patch. I found a 2mg pill on the floor that had fallen out of my pocket which means I forgot to take it sometime during the week. I guess I'll write it off because I don't know which day I forgot to take it lol.  :)--V

Oh dear, V! Well, that does explain it. I hope you get back on your feet soon. Kind of good to know what the cause of all this was and that you are still on the right track with your taper.  :thumbsup:

Uh, you didn't drop any pills in the chicken feed, did you? :o

Thats kinda Good news Valley... an explination makes a world of difference...

Hope its back to smooth sailing asap...

Valley,

Its always somewhat comforting when we figure out what happened. That knowing in itself should help make the rest of this segment of your taper a little easier. Now get back to baseline!  :thumbsup:

Today is day 16 since my last cut and I am feeling it worse today than any other day thus far. Of course still fighting this cold along side doesn't make it any easier.  :-X

Hope everyone is feeling well or at least OK.

ATU 🙏

Valley you keep your pills loose in your pocket...? maybe a small pill container, wouldn't want [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] to get a  hold of it....at least now you can let your body adjust and you will bounce back.

ATU wow 16 days off is a long time, you have had three stressors the trip back home from vacation, your cold and your Wife's medical issues, it will all get better, just breathe and do your meditations, we are all thinking of you and Praying. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Valley you keep your pills loose in your pocket...? maybe a small pill container, wouldn't want [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] to get a  hold of it....at least now you can let your body adjust and you will bounce back.

ATU wow 16 days off is a long time, you have had three stressors the trip back home from vacation, your cold and your Wife's medical issues, it will all get better, just breathe and do your meditations, we are all thinking of you and Praying. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I only put it in my pocket if I'm going somewhere and need to dose. It is very rare for me to put it in my pocket so it probably made it easier to forget lol.  :)--V

[b3...]