Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

No, but I do have times when I have several things on my mind and then forget something I was going to do, but think it is maybe I am just trying to overload my Brain, and it backfires, but I usually remember once I sit back down...oh well, just another snippet from trying to do think too much.... ;D

Gotta say I love this thread. Even though I am not really holding long periods of time - more a symptom-based micro-taper - I have been waiting at least 8 days to see if my micro cuts are having effects:

So the micro taper has been pretty successful, I think cause I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

Oh, Cally, I'm so sorry about your accident. I saw a deer die in front of me once and it was so sad. The driver who hit it kept going and I stopped with my flashers to make sure nobody else ran over it. I am sure that sort of stress would contribute to increased symptoms. And your wrecked car, too. That's a lot to deal with even if you aren't tapering. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Many of us on here are doing long holds but others have finished our long holds and are doing what you are doing, taper or MT combined with holds as needed. After my cut tomorrow, I am going to of a longish hold because of some stressful family commitments. Probably 2-3 months. I think this is really that best way to taper. Do not rush to get off. Taper at a rate that allows you to function as much as you need to and incorporate holds as much as you need to.

Oh, and hang around here to see what craziness Cant and BG are up to. I think there is a plot in there somewhere, but I'm not sure I am following it!

Gard :smitten:

Gard I can not speak for Cant because he is way too fast for me..... :o:D :D :D.

But I will tell you that [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] my bestie is watching over me and she is liking being a part of the Corporation. ::) and she is coming to Our next "Partay" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Gard I can not speak for Cant because he is way too fast for me..... :o:D :D :D.

But I will tell you that [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] my bestie is watching over me and she is liking being a part of the Corporation. ::) and she is coming to Our next "Partay" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh my, now crazy chicken partays! :o  This thread really is :crazy:.

Hey Gard I think we should change Mascots, and make [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] the new acting Mascot of TLHSG, hopefully our Leader Valley will agree . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Gard I think we should change Mascots, and make [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] the new acting Mascot of TLHSG, hopefully our Leader Valley will agree . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just changed my profile pic to Cookie. Unfortunately it's sideways lol. I'll have to figure out how to post a decent picture of her if she is in the running for mascot.  :laugh:

I just changed my profile pic to Cookie. Unfortunately it's sideways lol. I'll have to figure out how to post a decent picture of her if she is in the running for mascot.  :laugh:

Yes Daddy you have some work to do, but her other pic was fine, but if you can get a good one that is  :thumbsup: I think it is fitting for [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] to be our Mascot as she helped you to get through your taper, you kinda owe her this... :angel:

At last, a real benzo question from Gard:

I now take 5 L capsules. I take 3 as whole capsules.

I am now dividing the remaining 2 capsules into 3 doses and I am unsure of how to get them even. My daughter decided to give up on making them even, just use the largest syringe for simplicity, and came up with this:

1 5mg capsule of L = 100ml of solution (so total of 200ml), reduced my 2ml, and divided into slightly uneven doses.

66.5ml

65ml

66.5ml

I am going to be holding at this dose for several months, so simplicity is important. Is this an OK way to dose?

Thanks.

Gard

P.S. I pushed hard to get to 5 capsules as of tomorrow and am paying for it. :(  A good long hold should get me back on my feet. :thumbsup:

At last, a real benzo question from Gard:

I now take 5 L capsules. I take 3 as whole capsules.

I am now dividing the remaining 2 capsules into 3 doses and I am unsure of how to get them even. My daughter decided to give up on making them even, just use the largest syringe for simplicity, and came up with this:

1 5mg capsule of L = 100ml of solution (so total of 200ml), reduced my 2ml, and divided into slightly uneven doses.

66.5ml

65ml

66.5ml

I am going to be holding at this dose for several months, so simplicity is important. Is this an OK way to dose?

Thanks.

Gard

P.S. I pushed hard to get to 5 capsules as of tomorrow and am paying for it. :(  A good long hold should get me back on my feet. :thumbsup:

A real benzo question? Aww geez, you'd think we were a support group or something lol.

In answer to your question, it looks fine to me. I dose unevenly and it doesn't bother me.  :)--V

Hi All,

Sorry for no sig but can't do it right now because of severe back spasms and poor focus. If you want read a few of my first posts like a year ago. I will sig asap.

My ??? is what is the longest successful hold anyone has done with klonopin before continuing taper? I have dropped 1 mg out of 3 daily in the last 13 months or so. Both cuts were .5 and last one was about September.

Also, has anyone reduced dosage and just accepted whatever sxs were there if it made them somewhat functional. I am retired, disabled from MVA/bad surgery and been on K for over 20 years.

I can't see myself updosing but am quite obsessive. On full 3 mgs I was all messed up anyway so don't know how high a dose I would have to escalate to. Just the thought of updosing does not seem right since I haven't rushed taper. I doubt more poison would heal me better.

BTW, a V crossover is not possible as I had a bad reaction to V in years past. Also, my Dr. is benzo ignorant (nice guy but believing drug company lies about tapering). So, I think he is "reluctantly" ok with me reducing dose, but keeps trying to get me to agree to "hurry up and get it over with".

Any response appreciated. Sorry about no sig but just can't explain right now. It has taken me quite awhile to even ask these questions. Please understand. Thank you.

Hi All,

Sorry for no sig but can't do it right now because of severe back spasms and poor focus. If you want read a few of my first posts like a year ago. I will sig asap.

My ??? is what is the longest successful hold anyone has done with klonopin before continuing taper? I have dropped 1 mg out of 3 daily in the last 13 months or so. Both cuts were .5 and last one was about September.

Also, has anyone reduced dosage and just accepted whatever sxs were there if it made them somewhat functional. I am retired, disabled from MVA/bad surgery and been on K for over 20 years.

I can't see myself updosing but am quite obsessive. On full 3 mgs I was all messed up anyway so don't know how high a dose I would have to escalate to. Just the thought of updosing does not seem right since I haven't rushed taper. I doubt more poison would heal me better.

BTW, a V crossover is not possible as I had a bad reaction to V in years past. Also, my Dr. is benzo ignorant (nice guy but believing drug company lies about tapering). So, I think he is "reluctantly" ok with me reducing dose, but keeps trying to get me to agree to "hurry up and get it over with".

Any response appreciated. Sorry about no sig but just can't explain right now. It has taken me quite awhile to even ask these questions. Please understand. Thank you.

Hi db! I wish I had the answer regarding K. I know it's a little different in the way it acts on the brain. I know there have been a few who have held on the K but I'm not sure how long. I do know crash bandicoot held for 6 months at one point and went on to microtaper off successfully. I wish I could be of more help.  :)--V

Thanks VALEY and Can't Fly,

I know there are no sure answers to my questions but really appreciate that I was able to ask and got a reply.

I think I might take the long hold to new records unless medically necessary (like a seizure or such). I have to believe less is better and gives the receptors a little help regenerating (hopefully). I would try to crossover to librium or some other LA benzo but my Dr doesn't believe in 2 benzos at once.

I think we are at the time when Drs are trying to get people (especially older people) off benzos but don't know how other than prescribing them all kinds of questionable meds with it that can make things worse or one getsa multiple addiction going. I hate how the profession won't even call benzos addictive and call it "medication dependence". Maybe it takes the guilt away for them. If they would accept the extreme addictions caused by these meds maybe they would be the last meds to resort to.

Anyway, thanks again and I have learned much from both of you by reading your posts. You are very positive people it seems. You help many ease their anxiety just by replying with concern/care. Good on you both! I hope you both are feeling as well as can be expected. God bless

Gotta say I love this thread. Even though I am not really holding long periods of time - more a symptom-based micro-taper - I have been waiting at least 8 days to see if my micro cuts are having effects:

So the micro taper has been pretty successful, I think cause I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

Hi Cally. It sounds like you are experiencing exactly what happens to me off and on. I will go through periods of really clear thinking and then it starts to fog a little. There does seem to be a pattern to it though. It sounds like you're being careful and listening to your body as you taper so I would guess these sxs will probably wax and wane as you taper but shouldn't get to the point where you are non functional. It is common for us to want to push when we feel good but I've learned the hard way to stick to my plan and hold as soon as I feel sxs ramping up. Sorry about the trauma of hitting a deer.  That can definitely cause stress.  :)--V

Thanks for this. Today I am feeling more physical symptoms as well as the brain stuff - my spine is hurting, always a sure sign of withdrawal, and I am feeling depressed and unmotivated. Guess I'll hold again for a while...Thanks.

Thanks for the chicken picture, V. Now we can see our greeter!  :D

Very glad to hear the uneven dosing should be OK. I would take so much fussing to get them perfectly even. And you've done long holds with uneven dosing? I'm starting my new long hold tonight.

Hey Cally... Hope you caught it early, and things settle soon...

Was wondering... -does that total lack of motivation fade for you??

Mine is 100% constant, kinda combined with fatigue... Would love to know that it might possibly, if im lucky, -fade a bit...

It does fade. When I was at the very bottom, I could barely motivate myself to get out of bed for days at a time. But when I started taking Valium - to deal with the hideous Gabapentin withdrawal -  really did get some of it back, and as I am tapering I do seem to be getting more and more hopeful about the future and more engaged in my day to day life - my job, kids, etc. So today, sitting at my desk but feeling sick and like I just want to binge-watch a Netflix series (even though the pain in my spine is intense and makes me really jumpy) I am depressed about being depressed. I did have periods of blunted emotions as well: sometimes they will come roaring back - like yesterday when I hit the deer and went through weeping periods for the whole day. I am sure your motivation will come back.

Thanks for the chicken picture, V. Now we can see our greeter!  :D

Very glad to hear the uneven dosing should be OK. I would take so much fussing to get them perfectly even. And you've done long holds with uneven dosing? I'm starting my new long hold tonight.

Yes.  My dosing has been uneven from the start.  :)--V

It does fade. When I was at the very bottom, I could barely motivate myself to get out of bed for days at a time. But when I started taking Valium - to deal with the hideous Gabapentin withdrawal -  really did get some of it back, and as I am tapering I do seem to be getting more and more hopeful about the future and more engaged in my day to day life - my job, kids, etc. So today, sitting at my desk but feeling sick and like I just want to binge-watch a Netflix series (even though the pain in my spine is intense and makes me really jumpy) I am depressed about being depressed. I did have periods of blunted emotions as well: sometimes they will come roaring back - like yesterday when I hit the deer and went through weeping periods for the whole day. I am sure your motivation will come back.

Thanks, that helps fit a few things in place... and yes, my emotions are so flat its not funny. They went haywire after my opiate CT, and that was the last I saw of them too...

Probably why lyrica or larger gabapentin doses make me feel better. The interchangeable reverse to your situation, in a way...

Was also wondering, if you dont mind, When you had Lyme, did it have any long term effect on your GI function, such as peristalsis and transit time? 

Thanks again...

[85...]