Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi guys!!!

Sorry I have not quite been a Happy Holder of late, I think i slipped back to 90%... oh, ok... -possibly less...

So for those that have been following, and are realy bored.. 

I realy pushed the limits in a few areas, including a 25% V cut, in order to work out whats what, and do whats best for me through the rest of my taper...

So first I held and got stable... -U know... -kinda the point between WD and Tolerance(ish)...

For ME, at 2V, I am still very much affected by the V, its hooks are in deep...

The Post Acute from opiates are still affecting my GI to some extent, possibly more than i care to worry about...

And that Gabapentin works great to hide SX for a few days, Then I pay for the privilege many times over... Thanks but no thanks... -lucky I only need it as a one off, on rare occasions for nerve damage...

-So no surprises... -Will Hold to get back to a place I can reduce from again, and go from there...

It is So good to know where to hang out when all is not going so well... -And I Thank You All for being such Fun and Happy Distractors...

:)

Luv ur guts... -Just not mine...!!

Thanks for the update, Cant. We sure are in this mess together. But we'll get through together.

I have started with GI issues myself lately. Hm, did I catch them from you? >:(

Gard >:D

I need just a moment to {{{{{{scream}}}}}}......I am so sick of our great group being bashed on other threads, I just am sick of it..... and sorry but I just needed to let anyone reading know that yes I am a real person and get really angry, and that is it, Sorry Valley, I am going to go sit with my bestie [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry you got to this point BG.  I feel like this group has "given me permission" to slow down..alot.  It what I need right now.  Just keep putting the idea out there.. it will help the ones that it needs to help.  <3 <3 <3

Thanks George, all is good. Hope you are doing alright. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Overall I'm good.  I feel stabile with some good days and some bad.  I am still having a lot of anxiety and today I scheduled a consultation with a hypnotherapist for next week.  I am leaving to go help my daughter move on the 18th so if I decide to do the hypnosis it wont be until after that trip.  Thanks for asking  :)

Thanks for the update, Cant. We sure are in this mess together. But we'll get through together.

No charge for you Gard... am a sharing, caring kinda guy... :)

So hope they dont set in for you... Feel free to apply for a refund... -ask for directions of the chick with the chook in the foyer... watch out for the lift operator, they dont who they are day to day...

Thanks George... -yes its a very Autumn day here today...

Aircon is OFF...!!!

Hello Begood and all,

Obviously the ones who are bashing our long hold support group are listening to their benzo brains! Anyone in their right mind would know that they don't even have the right to comment on what we do here because they are not trying it for themselves.

Maybe if they had the strength, courage, patience and willingness to give a long hold a chance , they would be very surprised at the positive results that occur when you hold long enough.

I say, just ignore their babble. It's just too bad that those who are suffering refuse to even try it our way.

There are going to be good times and bad times no matter what course you chose to taper your benzo. But No one has the right to razz on anyone else.

All power to everyone who gets off these poisons no matter how they do it as long as it is safe.

I say, boy am I glad I found this long hold group! It sure is MY WAY TO GO!

HEATH :clap: :clap: :clap:

I believe that BG was referring to me...so first off, was never meant as a "bash"  2nd to set the record straight I DID try it and for me it did not work so I do speak from a place of experience

I am happy that you all are finding that it is the key to successful taper, unfortunately it was not the case for me and I lost 5 months in doing so

Never did I say that any of you were not caring and helpful...SO I will publicly apologize for the misunderstanding in what I have written on another thread

I actually thought that I needed to hold because my symptoms are non stop at this point...but my family and close friends here on BB and other have encouraged me to keep plugging along since it has not killed me YET!

So I will keep watching how you all do and pray that we ALL will be success stories sometime in the near future.

God bless

Hi Lainyk :)

I have no idea who the original post was referring to and I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

As long as everyone realizes that everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another, and we are all kind to one another in our posts, I think we will all be ok.

I hope what ever path you take works well for you and you find yourself off of your benzo as soon as possible. May your taper be smooth and as easy as possible from now on.

If you ever decide to try any kind of hold and you want to come by this long support group once more, please know our arms will always be wide open to you.

Heath :)

So hope they dont set in for you... Feel free to apply for a refund... -ask for directions of the chick with the chook in the foyer... watch out for the lift operator, they dont who they are day to day...

Aircon is OFF...!!!

Gard I think Cant is referring to [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow]   :)

Hi guys!!!

Sorry I have not quite been a Happy Holder of late, I think i slipped back to 90%... oh, ok... -possibly less...

I realy pushed the limits in a few areas, including a 25% V cut, in order to work out whats what, and do whats best for me through the rest of my taper...

So first I held and got stable... -U know... -kinda the point between WD and Tolerance(ish)...

The Post Acute from opiates are still affecting my GI to some extent, possibly more than i care to worry about...

And that Gabapentin works great to hide SX for a few days, Then I pay for the privilege many times over... Thanks but no thanks... -lucky I only need it as a one off, on rare occasions for nerve damage...

-So no surprises... -Will Hold to get back to a place I can reduce from again, and go from there...

It is So good to know where to hang out when all is not going so well... -And I Thank You All for being such Fun and Happy Distractors...

Cant hang in there seems you are trying and that is just what you have to do to get out of the Benzo Beast cubbie, wise to hold for a while and then to resume taper, seems you are doing well with your assumptions and it will pay off when it is time. It is so true that each taper is so different and then factor in other health problems, well then sometimes we have to go back to the drawing board. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Gee, thanks Cant...and seems our business plan is little askew. Chickens and lift operators who sound a bit suspect? What exactly are we in business for, anyway? I can't remember.

Aircon is OFF...!!!

Well, at least Cookie is a safe and reliable employee! (Right?)

Aircon is OFF...!!!

Yep, you know Valley has raised her to be a good Chic...... :angel:

Aircon is OFF...!!!

Yep, you know Valley has raised her to be a good Chic...... :angel:

She's definitely a good Chic lol.  :)--V

Gee, thanks Cant...and seems our business plan is little askew. Chickens and lift operators who sound a bit suspect? What exactly are we in business for, anyway? I can't remember.

oh, we are just a plain old Happy Holding Coorperation, we specialize in inconspicuous negative growth...

-no win, -no fee...

Aircon is OFF...!!!

I thought Cookie wanted to be on the paperwork... -But rather than a letter head... -Perhaps the MENU... ooops... :(

Hi guys!!!

Cant hang in there seems you are trying and that is just what you have to do to get out of the Benzo Beast cubbie, wise to hold for a while and then to resume taper, seems you are doing well with your assumptions and it will pay off when it is time. It is so true that each taper is so different and then factor in other health problems, well then sometimes we have to go back to the drawing board. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks BG... I just like playing the mad scientist... :)

Seriously, I had too many questions that only I could answer, To be able to move forward without second guessing myself all the way...

So I used these valued personal experiences an thoughts here, applied them as suited, and made some good decisions for my future taper... (subject to change of course)...

Thanks again Guys... (amazing what one can gain from lurking...) :)

A holding company specializing in inconspicuous, negative growth. Perfect for us!

"Can I be on the letterhead? I'm very inconspicuous. See!"

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/Q-Z/sloth-beach-upside-down.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

A holding company specializing in inconspicuous, negative growth. Perfect for us!

"Can I be on the letterhead? I'm very inconspicuous. See!"

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/Q-Z/sloth-beach-upside-down.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

lol... Sure will save on ink... -probably generate enquiries too...  :)

Aircon is OFF...!!!

I thought Cookie wanted to be on the paperwork... -But rather than a letter head... -Perhaps the MENU... ooops... :(

Letterhead, and no MENU for [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow]  move on slouth......:smitten::thumbsup:  :smitten:

Gotta say I love this thread. Even though I am not really holding long periods of time - more a symptom-based micro-taper - I have been waiting at least 8 days to see if my micro cuts are having effects:

So the micro taper has been pretty successful, I think cause I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

Gotta say I love this thread. Even though I am not really holding long periods of time - more a symptom-based micro-taper - I have been waiting at least 8 days to see if my micro cuts are having effects:

So the micro taper has been pretty successful, I think cause I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

[glow=red,2,300]"WELCOME"[/glow] Cally sorry you had such a bad morning I would be upset also, Your Car and the Deer a lot of trauma there. I am sure more will come on with some advice. Just hunker down and enjoy the ride, we are humorous here, but also a very Solid Group. :smitten:  :thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks - I have been following for a while. So is it something that others experience? The physical symptoms can get better while your brain appears to go on strike?

Thanks - I have been following for a while. So is it something that others experience? The physical symptoms can get better while your brain appears to go on strike?

Hi Cally,

I've not really had much cog stuff during my taper so I can't comment much about that.  I only experience comings and goings of the physical - some comings right now so I am holding here for a bit.  Like you, I have been going along pretty steadily but it looks like things have "caught up".

Welcome to the group.

Hey Cally...

I cant give you a clear answer either, The best i could say was that I was realy struggling on here to reply to even casual posts, at the time my physical sx had improved enough to cut again...

But a very clunky answer as my Main sx never seem to change much...

Given time you may see patterns...

Hi Cally. It sounds like you are experiencing exactly what happens to me off and on. I will go through periods of really clear thinking and then it starts to fog a little. There does seem to be a pattern to it though. It sounds like you're being careful and listening to your body as you taper so I would guess these sxs will probably wax and wane as you taper but shouldn't get to the point where you are non functional. It is common for us to want to push when we feel good but I've learned the hard way to stick to my plan and hold as soon as I feel sxs ramping up. Sorry about the trauma of hitting a deer.  That can definitely cause stress.  :)--V

[eb...]