Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Dropping in to say hi.....

The last three days have been really rough so I'm not posting much.... Oy....... This is 8 days after I cut 3/30 ths of. 1/4 mg over 4 days.....what? Anyway ... I appreciate what Cantfly you said about getting tricked into cutting when you are feeling a bit better , that's what I've done , and it's backfired.

So I'll wait it out again , and hopefully I'll bounce back quicker . What a roller coaster ....

Thanks V for posting the propaganda list again too ,

Love, MiYu  :o

:hug: Really hope you feel better soon, Miyu! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The last three days have been really rough so I'm not posting much.... Oy....... This is 8 days after I cut 3/30 ths of. 1/4 mg over 4 days.....what? Anyway ... I appreciate what Cantfly you said about getting tricked into cutting when you are feeling a bit better , that's what I've done , and it's backfired.

So I'll wait it out again , and hopefully I'll bounce back quicker . What a roller coaster ....

:hug: Really hope you feel better soon, Miyu! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I second that MiYu. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Benzos definitely have a way to bite you when you are feeling better and cut again. It's hard to be patient but it's definitely worth it to allow yourself feel good for a longer period of time before jumping right back in again. I'm starting to get ahead of myself too lol.  :)--V

I need just a moment to {{{{{{scream}}}}}}......I am so sick of our great group being bashed on other threads, I just am sick of it..... and sorry but I just needed to let anyone reading know that yes I am a real person and get really angry, and that is it, Sorry Valley, I am going to go sit with my bestie [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

I need just a moment to {{{{{{scream}}}}}}......I am so sick of our great group being bashed on other threads, I just am sick of it..... and sorry but I just needed to let anyone reading know that yes I am a real person and get really angry, and that is it, Sorry Valley, I am going to go sit with my bestie [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Obviously I missed something again! :( 

Or maybe, obviously I missed something again! ;D

And, for hte record, I do believe both you and Cookie are real! :hug: Not so sure about me, though. ;)

Gard :smitten:

It probably won't be the last time BG :). We know what works for us so there is no need to get upset by those who are struggling and want to take it out on others. We will just continue supporting one another and make it the best group on BB!  :)--V

It probably won't be the last time BG :). We know what works for us so there is no need to get upset by those who are struggling and want to take it out on others. We will just continue supporting one another and make it the best group on BB!  :)--V

Thanks Valley, I feel better because I vented and yes we have a Great Group here all with different stories, but still we fight on.... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Don't worry Begood, they just don't know what they're missing ..... This is a great group, and you are one of the Angels here  :angel:

Love, MiYu

Don't worry Begood, they just don't know what they're missing ..... This is a great group, and you are one of the Angels here  :angel:

Love, MiYu

:)

Hi Begood,

Please don't stress about it.  I know it is upsetting, but it is not worth it.  There will always be someone  that will disagree.  There is so much drama on some of the threads. We are doing what works for us.  It might not be for everyone, but it works for "the long hold" group.  This is a wonderful supportive group. 

Begood, you are a wonderful caring person.  Don't let the posts on other threads get you down.

Enjoy the evening my friend.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Begood and all,

Obviously the ones who are bashing our long hold support group are listening to their benzo brains! Anyone in their right mind would know that they don't even have the right to comment on what we do here because they are not trying it for themselves.

Maybe if they had the strength, courage, patience and willingness to give a long hold a chance , they would be very surprised at the positive results that occur when you hold long enough.

I say, just ignore their babble. It's just too bad that those who are suffering refuse to even try it our way.

There are going to be good times and bad times no matter what course you chose to taper your benzo. But No one has the right to razz on anyone else.

All power to everyone who gets off these poisons no matter how they do it as long as it is safe.

I say, boy am I glad I found this long hold group! It sure is MY WAY TO GO!

HEATH :clap: :clap: :clap:

MiYu, and Gard, and any other buddies,

I am so saddened when I read that you are still having such constant ups and downs. I know how frustrating it is to cut a tiny bit and still get wdsx. I have just cut .01 mg, and I am getting a recurrence of a bit more lowback and right waist muscle pains. It's so ridiculous because I only cut.01 . I'm still not sure if it is related to my cut because the pain comes and goes even when I am not cutting.  So.......Se la ve! (Spelling)?

I'm glad you are not giving up.  Keep up the fight and be strong.

Gard, maybe I missed something, but did you go to your doc and get the script that you needed and just listen to her talk and not tell her what you are doing, and just taper the way it is best for you.? I know many of us agreed with your daughter that that would probably be the best benefit fir you. I hope things aRe working out for you.

Stay strong everyone!

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

Holds have sure been good for me and I may be starting another one...I'll have to see how things go over the next week or so.

Everyone has to find their own path.  I don't know where I would have ended up if I hadn't chosen to hold when things got bad.  I have a decent idea though...

Hi Begood,

Please don't stress about it.  I know it is upsetting, but it is not worth it.  There will always be someone  that will disagree.  There is so much drama on some of the threads. We are doing what works for us.  It might not be for everyone, but it works for "the long hold" group.  This is a wonderful supportive group. 

Begood, you are a wonderful caring person.  Don't let the posts on other threads get you down.

Enjoy the evening my friend.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Anne once I placed my Vent on Valley's shoulders I felt better, I just had to let it out. Stay Strong My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Begood and all,

Obviously the ones who are bashing our long hold support group are listening to their benzo brains! Anyone in their right mind would know that they don't even have the right to comment on what we do here because they are not trying it for themselves.

Maybe if they had the strength, courage, patience and willingness to give a long hold a chance , they would be very surprised at the positive results that occur when you hold long enough.

I say, just ignore their babble. It's just too bad that those who are suffering refuse to even try it our way.

There are going to be good times and bad times no matter what course you chose to taper your benzo. But No one has the right to razz on anyone else.

All power to everyone who gets off these poisons no matter how they do it as long as it is safe.

Thanks Heath, means a lot to have the support of a great bunch of Buddies. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Holds have sure been good for me and I may be starting another one...I'll have to see how things go over the next week or so.

Everyone has to find their own path.  I don't know where I would have ended up if I hadn't chosen to hold when things got bad.  I have a decent idea though...

Thanks My Friend, I am all better, just needed to get it out. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu, and Gard, and any other buddies,

I am so saddened when I read that you are still having such constant ups and downs. I know how frustrating it is to cut a tiny bit and still get wdsx. I have just cut .01 mg, and I am getting a recurrence of a bit more lowback and right waist muscle pains. It's so ridiculous because I only cut.01 . I'm still not sure if it is related to my cut because the pain comes and goes even when I am not cutting.  So.......Se la ve! (Spelling)?

I'm glad you are not giving up.  Keep up the fight and be strong.

Gard, maybe I missed something, but did you go to your doc and get the script that you needed and just listen to her talk and not tell her what you are doing, and just taper the way it is best for you.? I know many of us agreed with your daughter that that would probably be the best benefit fir you. I hope things aRe working out for you.

Stay strong everyone!

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

Heath, I'm sorry the cuts are so hard for you, too. I did give in and let my doctor "tell me what to do" and got my script, and am just going to taper when it suits me and not bring it up again. I'm tapering this week but then plan a long hold. Trying to reach a milestone by Saturday and it's been rough. Sleep is falling apart again. My rate is only about 5%/month and it's still rough. But when I reach Saturday, it will be worth it. It will be the psychological victory I need before my next hold. 

One day closer to freedom! :thumbsup:

BG, I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you have been snuggling with your bestie. Hmm, I wonder if Cookie could be used as an attack chicken to go after people? :laugh:

Hi Gard,

Yes small cuts are ridiculous but they keep me safe. My .01 cut last week was ridiculous,I know. But I did that because I am flying to New Jersey tomorrow. I really shouldn't have cut at all but I just couldn't stop! Benzo brain got me! I did the tiny .01 cut to make myself believe I had made SOME progress, even though it was less than a 1% cut!  I guess my benzo brain and my common sense both won a little bit! :idiot:

But when I get back from N.J. I am going to cut .03. I think that is 3.75%. ( my usual cut is about 2%). Then I'll hold for a couple of weeks to measure any side effects, and go from there. I'll figure it out when I get back. As I said I don't even know if my muscle spasms are from my chronic arthritis (getting worse?) or from tapering. So I'm going to experiment . Lord help me!

Good luck as you move towards your special Saturday. Hope it arrives with out a hitch!

Stay strong, take care, peace, strength, courage and ..... success to you my friend!  And all buddies out there!

xoxo Heath  :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Begood and all,

I believe that BG was referring to me...so first off, was never meant as a "bash"  2nd to set the record straight I DID try it and for me it did not work so I do speak from a place of experience

I am happy that you all are finding that it is the key to successful taper, unfortunately it was not the case for me and I lost 5 months in doing so

Never did I say that any of you were not caring and helpful...SO I will publicly apologize for the misunderstanding in what I have written on another thread

I actually thought that I needed to hold because my symptoms are non stop at this point...but my family and close friends here on BB and other have encouraged me to keep plugging along since it has not killed me YET!

So I will keep watching how you all do and pray that we ALL will be success stories sometime in the near future.

God bless

Hi Gard,

Yes small cuts are ridiculous but they keep me safe. My .01 cut last week was ridiculous,I know. But I did that because I am flying to New Jersey tomorrow. I really shouldn't have cut at all but I just couldn't stop! Benzo brain got me! I did the tiny .01 cut to make myself believe I had made SOME progress, even though it was less than a 1% cut!  I guess my benzo brain and my common sense both won a little bit! :idiot:

But when I get back from N.J. I am going to cut .03. I think that is 3.75%. ( my usual cut is about 2%). Then I'll hold for a couple of weeks to measure any side effects, and go from there. I'll figure it out when I get back. As I said I don't even know if my muscle spasms are from my chronic arthritis (getting worse?) or from tapering. So I'm going to experiment . Lord help me!

Good luck as you move towards your special Saturday. Hope it arrives with out a hitch!

Stay strong, take care, peace, strength, courage and ..... success to you my friend!  And all buddies out there!

xoxo Heath  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks, Heath. I might push for Friday because I am getting impatient! And I just found out I have a tiring family event on the horizon. Want to finish cutting and be holding well before it hits. We shall see.

Sure hope those muscles spasm let up on you. They sound so annoying!

I actually thought that I needed to hold because my symptoms are non stop at this point...but my family and close friends here on BB and other have encouraged me to keep plugging along since it has not killed me YET!

So I will keep watching how you all do and pray that we ALL will be success stories sometime in the near future.

God bless

I'm sorry to hear you're still in so much pain, Lainey.  :'(  These benzos are so nasty. I'm glad you have friends and family for support. That's the one little candle that keeps many of us going. One day closer to freedom!

Sorry you got to this point BG.  I feel like this group has "given me permission" to slow down..alot.  It what I need right now.  Just keep putting the idea out there.. it will help the ones that it needs to help.  <3 <3 <3

Sorry you got to this point BG.  I feel like this group has "given me permission" to slow down..alot.  It what I need right now.  Just keep putting the idea out there.. it will help the ones that it needs to help.  <3 <3 <3

Thanks George, all is good. Hope you are doing alright. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

[02...]