Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello everyone! I want to encourage all of you to find ways of coping with anxiety/stress to use once you are free of your benzo. I have been in a situation of extreme stress-moving to a new state, selling my beloved home, buying another...and I have taken a Valium 2 mg- a couple of times, at night, when it's the hardest. Also took .25 mg of klonopin a couple of times.  :crazy:

Good luck to you all my dears!  :smitten:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the encouragement :D I've been holding for about two months and I'm going to enjoy this window as long as I can, or as long as it lasts! I don't have any plans on cutting currently. I'm ten months out from a CT from Wellbutrin so I think I just need to let my body heal more. I figure the longer I hold and let my CNS heal the "easier" it will be when I start to taper again.

Wow V, that's a long list of wonderful quotes. Thanks for putting that together for us.

Thanks for all the wonderful amusing posts on our business venture too. Can I be the greeter in the lobby or has that job been taken already? I can't remember....

Hugs and healing everyone

TNTD

Such a nice post! Glad you are with us. Hope your window lasts a long long time. All the best to you. Oh and about the "greeter " job, it's yours!  From your text you are a natural!

Heath

HI TO ALL, ESPECIALLY WE "older" buddies.....

Just read some sort of theory or fact, (or crap)  about how the long life of Valium in your system stays a much longer amount or time the older you are. It also said that it takes a longer time to stabilize the older you are. It gave some figures too. But I'm not even going to post it because, IF I BELIEVED EVERYTHING I READ AND TOOK IT TO HEART, WELL, That would mean I'd HAVE VALIUM's half life floating around in my system until I was dead....

I am glad I have become strong enough to blow off that crap, and not give it a second thought....and I'd advise all my OLDER BUDDIES to do the same.

Done with that crap!  :tickedoff:.

HEATH

HI TO ALL, ESPECIALLY WE "older" buddies.....

Just read some sort of theory or fact, (or crap)  about how the long life of Valium in your system stays a much longer amount or time the older you are. It also said that it takes a longer time to stabilize the older you are. It gave some figures too. But I'm not even going to post it because, IF I BELIEVED EVERYTHING I READ AND TOOK IT TO HEART, WELL, That would mean I'd HAVE VALIUM's half life floating around in my system until I was dead....

I am glad I have become strong enough to blow off that crap, and not give it a second thought....and I'd advise all my OLDER BUDDIES to do the same.

Done with that crap!  :tickedoff:.

HEATH

Hi Heath. In the end it doesn't really matter all that much. Some metabolize faster and can cut more often as the levels drop sooner. In the end we will all get off and the levels of Valium will be gone from your body after a few months. Some younger buddies metabolize slowly and some older buddies metabolize fast so I wouldn't pay any heed to the half life. Just relax and get through your taper. You're doing great! :)--V

Wow .. amazing post Valley.  Thank you so much! :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you George. It's the long hold propaganda list. I started putting it together last year to motivate myself to keep holding lol. Its been added to and is getting rather long but I'm glad you found it useful.  :)--V

Hi guys,

Thanks for the encouragement :D I've been holding for about two months and I'm going to enjoy this window as long as I can, or as long as it lasts! I don't have any plans on cutting currently. I'm ten months out from a CT from Wellbutrin so I think I just need to let my body heal more. I figure the longer I hold and let my CNS heal the "easier" it will be when I start to taper again.

Wow V, that's a long list of wonderful quotes. Thanks for putting that together for us.

Thanks for all the wonderful amusing posts on our business venture too. Can I be the greeter in the lobby or has that job been taken already? I can't remember....

I'm not giving up my job as chief chicken herder.  :laugh:

Hello everyone! I want to encourage all of you to find ways of coping with anxiety/stress to use once you are free of your benzo. I have been in a situation of extreme stress-moving to a new state, selling my beloved home, buying another...and I have taken a Valium 2 mg- a couple of times, at night, when it's the hardest. Also took .25 mg of klonopin a couple of times.  :crazy:

So good to see you post hikingchik!

Someone asked you a question from a post you made on the thread a couple of weeks ago but I told told them you had jumped and were doing well. I had seen your post about moving and stress. Are you coping ok?  :)--V

Hi guys,

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" wants to be the Letterhead or something where she can be seen, Oh maybe the Banner Girl just as long as Daddy is OK with it...... ;D

Cant, I have been having constant fatigue lately, too. I have a sleep disorder, so fatigue is a problem, but this is much worse, suddenly. :(

Y'all and your crazy business. Reminds me an app game I saw once called Tiny Tower (or something like that). I was too tired to keep up with it!

Hey, V, are we overdo for a propaganda post? I think I need one. I am pressing on because I am nearing a milestone, but then I need to be sensible and hold.

Gard :smitten:

Gard, My new check list for when to cut... -Did I feel More than ready to cut again, More than a long time ago... :)

Thanks, Cant. I don't think I ever feel more than ready to cut again. :(

Thanks, V. I need this one a lot. And our mascot, of course.  ;)

It's not a delay--it's a strategic retreat and rebuild. If you get to where your nervous system is really stable and strong, that will give you a whole new base to taper from, and tapering will go much better. You'll have some minimal symptoms after each cut but you'll hold until those settle down. You'll be able to get on with your life even while tapering rather than trying to get through the taper so you can get back to your life, if that makes sense. This is a race that is won by the turtles every time, if "win" means get off the meds forever and recover fully.

Love that definition of win. When I hit my even number next week (easy to see on the syringe), I will hold.

Gard :smitten:

Hi guys,

[glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE" wants to be the Letterhead or something where she can be seen, Oh maybe the Banner Girl just as long as Daddy is OK with it...... ;D

I think Cookie would not like BG to know what she looks like! :o

Hi guys,

Cookie is the black chicken in my profile picture.  :)--V

Hi guys,

But I already know, we are "Besties now" we are the best of friends with Valley's blessings.... :) How old is [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"?[/glow]

Hi guys,

Cookie is the black chicken in my profile picture.  :)--V

Hide, Cookie, hide! BG is making supper soon!

Hi guys,

But I already know, we are "Besties now" we are the best of friends with Valley's blessings.... :) How old is [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"?[/glow]

Cookie is about 4 years old. We still have one from the very first batch and she's about 7. The rest of her group all died over the years.  :(

Hi guys,

Cookie is about 4 years old. We still have one from the very first batch and she's about 7. The rest of her group all died over the years.  :(

Good she is still a teenager, and my bestie Gard, have you been following,no stew pot for my bestie. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good she is still a teenager, and my bestie Gard, have you been following,no stew pot for my bestie. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm glad you are now besties. Have to admit, it's been hard to follow with the fatigue patch I've hit, especially when the thread gets really busy. I read and it's in one eye and out the other! :P

Someone asked you a question from a post you made on the thread a couple of weeks ago but I told told them you had jumped and were doing well. I had seen your post about moving and stress. Are you coping ok?  :)--V

HI V dear. Im NOT on Benzos...I did take a couple over the last few months. I cope with exercise, nutrition, sleep. But some stress is sooo toxic that I cant fight it. I dont know what people do that are prone to anxiety...I just keep moving forward. Good luck to you and glad you're still here, you are very helpful.  :smitten:

Thanks Heath  :)

Maybe Cookie could hang out in the lobby with me and help me greet people, what do you think Gard and V?

Hi Hikingchick,

Moving is what put me back on benzos. I was on them years ago and didn't have any problems coming off of them so I had no idea they are addictive. I hope you don't have to take them often and that they don't cause a problem for you. If I had known then what I know now I would have taken them very occasionally as I ended up having interdose withdrawal within weeks of starting them. I was only taking them every few days. I would really like to know what people without anxiety do when they have extra stressful times. I was exercising, eating right, doing everything right and the anxiety and stress just took over and I was having night terrors and panic attacks all over the place. Night was the hardest for me as well. Good luck with your move.

Hugs

Maybe Cookie could hang out in the lobby with me and help me greet people, what do you think Gard and V?

:thumbsup: Excellent job for a chicken! Right, V?

:thumbsup: Excellent job for a chicken! Right, V?

It's perfect for cookie! She is the friendliest chicken I've ever seen.  :laugh:

HI V dear. Im NOT on Benzos...I did take a couple over the last few months. I cope with exercise, nutrition, sleep. But some stress is sooo toxic that I cant fight it. I dont know what people do that are prone to anxiety...I just keep moving forward. Good luck to you and glad you're still here, you are very helpful.  :smitten:

I think we all have to learn how to cope after this. I'm glad you've given us your experience and some great ideas to keep anxiety in check.  :)--V

Ur welcome-V!

tntd-moving was supposed to be my grand adventure! NOT! I totally underestimated how difficult it would b for me. I'm in a gorgeous place that most people would love. Sooo I'm trying my best to acclimate. My rule for taking the benzo during this time- only allowed once a month & only the lowest dose possible-2mg Valium or .25mg klonopin-and I know-what the heck am I doing with a stash of benzos?!  :idiot:  :idiot:

Dropping in to say hi.....

The last three days have been really rough so I'm not posting much.... Oy....... This is 8 days after I cut 3/30 ths of. 1/4 mg over 4 days.....what? Anyway ... I appreciate what Cantfly you said about getting tricked into cutting when you are feeling a bit better , that's what I've done , and it's backfired.

So I'll wait it out again , and hopefully I'll bounce back quicker . What a roller coaster ....

Thanks V for posting the propaganda list again too ,

Love, MiYu  :o

[96...]