Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello all.  Just returned from vacation and had a great time with very minimal sxs.  Seemed to start feeling much better several days before i left for vacation.  Still feeling pretty good.  Hoping to hold for a little while and get some continued stabalization before messing with any of my doses.  I am finding everyones input very valuable and wanted to thank you all.  It is seeming as if time and patience are the answer to my healing.  I need to keep reminding myself of that when things are not going as well.  I have jumped the gun too quickly in the past which have resulted in more medications, updoses, and reinstatements which turned out to give me very little short term relief and major long term setbacks.

Much love

BJ

That's great BJ. Sounds like you have the right attitude to beat this!  :thumbsup:

Hi all , how is everyone doing ? Hope colds and sore throats and things are going away( Heath, Gard :smitten:)

I thought I'd post an update and question , which I know I've asked before but Valley I'd like your reassurance again on this  :)

So ive been slowly chipping away at that 1/4 mg..... I'm almost there , taking forever ! I'm doing ok..... Though I know symptoms can catch up 10 days plus after a few little cuts in my experience .

( Valley, looks like your taper is going great now ! Well done!  :))

So , I definitely feel worse after  I take my doses of V , I get worried that it's harming me , not just the usual benzo harm that is already done , but something else. I think V you said that when you were feeling WDs you would feel worse after taking your doses?

I get heat around my heart area. My skin is always hot anyway from this, but seems like around this area , and back , is worst.

I guess I feel like everytime I take a dose it throws my system way off balance.... Anyone else experience this? Hot flashes , stomach burning , and gradual worsening throughout the day of burning. It's ok in the morning before I take my first dose.

It could be gabapentin interdose WD too, as GP has a short half life.

Also Valley , are you doing something like a micro cut an hold now? Rather than a DLMT and hold like you were doing. Just interested to know how you  are tapering now.

Thank you , and love to all 😊🌞 :smitten:

Hi MiYu. You're absolutely right that there was a time last year when for several months I would feel worse right after dosing. I would get hot flashes and not feel right but knew it was something I needed to wait out and am now convinced it is a symptom of withdrawal at times, to feel worse after dosing. That has since cleared up. I am tapering a bit differently now as I am constantly experimenting with what will be the smoothest on my brain. It seems what I'm doing now is working well but is subject to change if/when necessary. I'm finding making a .05mg cut every 2-5 days helps me control sxs better. I've actually made the last 3 cuts every 2 days and seem to be doing well. I am thinking clearer and have a bit more energy but feel like a robot lol.

I also just did a week of hard weight training. I may have to back off some as I'm getting joint pain in my shoulders and right knee but I'll figure out a way not to aggravate the joints and continue working out. I feel great after a work out which is very different from last year when a workout put me in bed for the day. I did have to scrap the jogging for walking a few days ago as it seemed too much too soon for my body.

It's a constant changing and ongoing experiment to find the right method to work in sync with my body. I can cut faster at times and have to go slower at times but I am getting good at listening to my body. I believe the whole key is being able to listen to your body and make making changes as soon as you need to to stay functional and actually feel good.  :)--V

Well Done BG, How time flies,,,!!!

Yes, Time to Heal for a bit now... as we do...

Hi to ALL, Hope everyone is ok...?

Day 5 for me, Nothing too bad, -Just the normal but a bit ramped up... -but nothing like last time i tried the same cut...

So am Holding for a while again, then smaller cuts from here... so wish they did a 0.5 V tablet to split... Grrrr... :)

Take care People...

CT- have you switched back to cut and hold from DLMT? Looks like it from your sig..... Can you enlighten?  :) good luck with your cut , it was a brave one!  :)

Hey Miyu, Hows things??

Yes, I tried DMLT... Great Idea... But it seems that the tiny bit of alcohol didnt agree with me... no surprise considering my misspent youth...  I will probably go back and try again if I cant cut n Hold -but diluting my liquid much more or using PG... No biggie...

lol, not brave... -I was checking a theory...

Hello all.  Just returned from vacation and had a great time with very minimal sxs.  Seemed to start feeling much better several days before i left for vacation.  Still feeling pretty good.  Hoping to hold for a little while and get some continued stabalization before messing with any of my doses.  I am finding everyones input very valuable and wanted to thank you all.  It is seeming as if time and patience are the answer to my healing.  I need to keep reminding myself of that when things are not going as well.  I have jumped the gun too quickly in the past which have resulted in more medications, updoses, and reinstatements which turned out to give me very little short term relief and major long term setbacks.

Much love

BJ

Thats GREAT... I Hope you have a much smoother taper when you Do decide to resume... so glad the holiday went well...

Much love

BJ

Glad to hear this BJ. How nice to be able to enjoy a vacation! :)

💖 Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood.

Congratulations!!  You are doing so well. I am happy that you are only feeling some blips. You are doing a great job with the taper.  Your patience is really paying off.

Have a wonderful day.

Anne xoxox :smitten: :smitten:

Despite being up at 4am with anxiety.. I feel great today... even with my ears ringing... maybe because I changed my HRT up a bit.. IDK but I'll take it  Happy Day everyone!

:):thumbsup:

💖 Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Hi Begood.

Congratulations!!  You are doing so well. I am happy that you are only feeling some blips. You are doing a great job with the taper.  Your patience is really paying off.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks Anne hope you are doing well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all , how is everyone doing ? Hope colds and sore throats and things are going away( Heath, Gard :smitten:)

I thought I'd post an update and question , which I know I've asked before but Valley I'd like your reassurance again on this  :)

So ive been slowly chipping away at that 1/4 mg..... I'm almost there , taking forever ! I'm doing ok..... Though I know symptoms can catch up 10 days plus after a few little cuts in my experience .

So , I definitely feel worse after  I take my doses of V , I get worried that it's harming me , not just the usual benzo harm that is already done , but something else. I think V you said that when you were feeling WDs you would feel worse after taking your doses?

I get heat around my heart area. My skin is always hot anyway from this, but seems like around this area , and back , is worst.

I guess I feel like everytime I take a dose it throws my system way off balance.... Anyone else experience this? Hot flashes , stomach burning , and gradual worsening throughout the day of burning. It's ok in the morning before I take my first dose.

Also Valley , are you doing something like a micro cut an hold now? Rather than a DLMT and hold like you were doing. Just interested to know how you  are tapering now.

Hi MiYu. You're absolutely right that there was a time last year when for several months I would feel worse right after dosing. I would get hot flashes and not feel right but knew it was something I needed to wait out and am now convinced it is a symptom of withdrawal at times, to feel worse after dosing. That has since cleared up. I am tapering a bit differently now as I am constantly experimenting with what will be the smoothest on my brain. It seems what I'm doing now is working well but is subject to change if/when necessary. I'm finding making a .05mg cut every 2-5 days helps me control sxs better. I've actually made the last 3 cuts every 2 days and seem to be doing well. I am thinking clearer and have a bit more energy but feel like a robot lol.

I also just did a week of hard weight training. I may have to back off some as I'm getting joint pain in my shoulders and right knee but I'll figure out a way not to aggravate the joints and continue working out. I feel great after a work out which is very different from last year when a workout put me in bed for the day. I did have to scrap the jogging for walking a few days ago as it seemed too much too soon for my body.

It's a constant changing and ongoing experiment to find the right method to work in sync with my body. I can cut faster at times and have to go slower at times but I am getting good at listening to my body. I believe the whole key is being able to listen to your body and make making changes as soon as you need to to stay functional and actually feel good.  :)--V

Thanks Valley..... I am feeling WDs from cutting 3/30 ths of  the 1/4 mg .... Still really sensitive to cutting anything . I think my recovery time is shorter though. Hoping so anyway. It took me 3 weeks to stabilize after cutting the last 4/30 ths of 1/4 mg.

my big question with V is , what's the catch up time? I haven't figured it out yet. I seem to get symptoms increase after 3 or 4 days, I'm not sure how long they last though with a MT.... Which symptoms are form which day if you know what I mean . In that sense , I think small cuts and holds are easier to figure out with V , then you know form the day you cut the time it took for sxs to come on..... Not sure I dare try that yet though, maybe at some point

Really glad you are moving along !  :)

I pic'd you guys this flower earlier..  I had to break down and read the instructions on how to share it..  8)

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah29/KingGeorgeV/IMG_6222_zpsjtsep2wp.jpg

Thanks Valley..... I am feeling WDs from cutting 3/30 ths of  the 1/4 mg .... Still really sensitive to cutting anything . I think my recovery time is shorter though. Hoping so anyway. It took me 3 weeks to stabilize after cutting the last 4/30 ths of 1/4 mg.

my big question with V is , what's the catch up time? I haven't figured it out yet. I seem to get symptoms increase after 3 or 4 days, I'm not sure how long they last though with a MT.... Which symptoms are form which day if you know what I mean . In that sense , I think small cuts and holds are easier to figure out with V , then you know form the day you cut the time it took for sxs to come on..... Not sure I dare try that yet though, maybe at some point

Really glad you are moving along !  :)

Thanks MiYu! I'm finding the catch up time varies for me. It used to be somewhat consistent but has changed. That is the main reason I went to cutting a little larger and holding until ready to cut again. For some reason daily cutting for 10 days and then holding was starting to get ahead of me.  When you do start again, you can make a small cut and see how it goes. You'll get there! :)--V

I pic'd you guys this flower earlier..  I had to break down and read the instructions on how to share it..  8)

Way to go George!  :thumbsup:

That's beautiful, George!

Thanks George, so lovely and I love the color :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Hi Begood.

Congratulations :yippee::clap::yippee::clap::yippee::clap:!!  You are doing so well. I am happy that you are only feeling some blips. You are doing a great job with the taper.  Your patience is really paying off.

Have a wonderful day.

Hey BEGOOD!

Woo hoo! Great news! You sure now how to do this taper thing right! Congrats on things going so well for you!

Sooo very happy for you Begood!

Heath  :yippee::clap::yippee::clap::smitten:

Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Hi Begood.

Congratulations :yippee::clap::yippee::clap::yippee::clap:!!  You are doing so well. I am happy that you are only feeling some blips. You are doing a great job with the taper.  Your patience is really paying off.

Have a wonderful day.

Hey BEGOOD!

Woo hoo! Great news! You sure now how to do this taper thing right! Congrats on things going so well for you!

Sooo very happy for you Begood!

Heath  :yippee::clap::yippee::clap::smitten:

Thanks Heath, it has taken me three times, so yes I think I have it right this time, heck I know I do.... :thumbsup: How are you feeling.?  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi everyone,

Sooo my cold turned out to be bad allergies! But thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm still loading up on the vitamin C.

I used to take Allegra for allergies, which actually is fexofenadine HCL

It's an antihistamine...not a decongestant. Does not have any pseudophedrine...... or whatever you call it, and does not soup you up.

The internet says that there can be interactions if taken with diazepam. But my doc said it's ok to take it. So I took one 24hour tablet last night.

But I woke up with heart palpitations this morning which I have not expetienced in many many months and my blood pressure was up a bit. It's still up a bit. But the heart palpataions are gone.

So I dont know if it's a coincidence or it's from the Allegra. But I'm not taking it tonight. My allergies are not bad today. And I'll think hard and long before I take it again. It never bothered me at all before and it worked so well. But of course I was not in diazapam withdrawal then.

I've been under a lot of stress for the past two weeks too. My son is leaving tomorrow for Istanbul for work related things. It is very unstable there, and I am very worried about his safety. I don't want him to go, and I told him so. But there's nothing I can do to change his mind. He's a grown man and he's going to do what he wants. And his wife's not against it. So all I can do is pray for his safety until he returns  in 6 weeks!  Oh I am sooo sooo worried.

So that could be a reason for my heart palpitations and smalll blood pressure spike.

This Istanbul thing has got me freaked out and crying everyday! I am trying hard to control my fears. Many people tell me that my fears are over stated . I hope they are right. All I know is there is a govt warning on the internet about security and safety when traveling in Turkey. So wouldn't any good mom be worried!

I m proud of me though because I did NOT  reach for Valium... not even a smudge. Didn't even think twice! Or once! Just did a lot of breathing relaxing things. I will get through this. I guess it's a good test to see if I really can do without the Valium in times of real stress. And I'm doing it!

Thanks for all your suggestions for my cold that didn't actually happen. I have stored it all away in my brain that seems to be working correctly, so I'm good.

I hope MiYu and George and can't fly and Gard and anyone else who I forgot will keep improving, even in small steps. And the rest of our buddies who are going along with only minor setbacks and/or blips, all power to you! Keep on trucking baby! We turtles and sloths and chickens have to stick together.

Five days til I'm on the plane to New Jersey.

Heath :smitten:

Well what do you know! My blood pressure is back to normal.I've been typing away fir the past half hour on this long support forum and my blood pressure dropped to normal !

IM TELLING YOU, THIS SUPPORT GROUP IS SO GOOD FOR ME IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!

Heath :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well what do you know! My blood pressure is back to normal.I've been typing away fir the past half hour on this long support forum and my blood pressure dropped to normal !

:thumbsup::clap: :clap: :yippee::smitten:

Thanks George  :) so glad you are feeling better  :hug:

Good Heath a good lesson in what distraction will do for you. :thumbsup: BTW I believe the problem you had was taking a Medication that should not be used with Valium I had problems when I took some Prilosec [sorry about spelling] and finally decided to look at packaging and right there in black and white, do not take with if taking Valium....always better to be safe than sorry. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's great Heath! Now to figure out how to get our group licensed as a withdrawal treatment.  :laugh:

Thanks for the applause MiYu, hope you are doing better.

Begood, I think you are right! No more Allegra for me while I'm in withdrawal. Even though my doc said it was ok, I saw it in black and white right there on the internet ..interactions may occur when taking Allegra while on Valium.

I like my p doc, but it's true, they don't always know it all. I shouldn't have listened to him. Should have gone with the facts on the internet.

Thanks Begood!

Heath :smitten:

That's great Heath! Now to figure out how to get our group licensed as a withdrawal treatment.  :laugh:

Ok, Let's make it a corporation. You can be the President.

Anyone else want to be on the board of directors? 

Shall we offer stock in the company?

[48...]