Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Nova, Lynn, ATU and Valley: Thanks so much for responses. Really helps to know it's w/d because it's scary and all the B and Mag and Apple Cider vinegar in the world doesn't stop it when it's really active.

Nova: I've been tapering 2 years and I find this really comes and goes in severity --and in hands as well---but the cramping at night is the worst b/c of sleep. For me, these are most disturbing s/x. May I ask why you updosed? I am at 5 now. I think you are as well if I'm reading your signature correctly? This is the point when I was on K that the crap hit the fan-(also point when I c/o to V starting back at 10 to stabilize---so, I know it won't be easy. Anyway, thanks again. I keep wondering how old I will be when this nightmare is over. I mean, I was on 1 mg of Klonopin for 20 years for sleep. My kids will be in college and I'll be hobbling to the ceremony--if I'm lucky!

Hi Heath, just FYI I had an infected tonsil and ear infection a few weeks ago and took Augmentin for ten days. I did fine - didn't notice any increase in symptoms.

How are you feeling these days,solitude? I improvement in the w/d symptoms? Wishing you much healing.

Gard :smitten:

💖 Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

💖 Hey just wanted to drop in and say I am done with my 10 day taper and now at .90mg of Valium I will restart hold for one month. It was easier but seemed to take longer, only had a couple of blips and nothing really and know that I will be healing more on my hold. Best wishes for all."The Turtle" :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Begood,

Good for you! Way to go. You are doing it!

Are you finding it easier now at lower levels? At what point would you say it actually got easier?

ATU 🙏

Begood,

Good for you! Way to go. You are doing it!

Are you finding it easier now at lower levels? At what point would you say it actually got easier?

ATU 🙏

Hi ATU, yes this last taper has been better and after holding for a month I felt much better some of the little annoying blips where gone, and last night I had a great dream and remembered it, and this sequence has been better all around. I would say that I really started feeling normal at times around 1.25mg and as I have went down it is nothing short of a Miracle, some neck and back tension, but I take Aleve once a day and that seems to help. Had really bad benzo belly the day before yesterday. The thing I noticed is that the sx of benzo belly waited till the very end of my taper making me think that I am adjusting really well to the lower dosage. And yes I do believe I am "Healing" as I go down. it is not well received that we are healing as we go as you know, but I am sticking to my thoughts. :thumbsup:. Hope you are feeling better. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: I think I will buy a small ball this morning and do the wall thingy. :thumbsup:

Ah congrats on your step down, BG  Hope you continue to do well.  :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten:

Thanks George, I think I will be OK, if not I sure know how to put the brakes on. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you My Dear Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's so awesome BG! You're showing us the way.  :thumbsup:

That's so awesome BG! You're showing is the way.  :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Valley for your support and introducing me to My Bestie [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well Done BG, How time flies,,,!!!

Yes, Time to Heal for a bit now... as we do...

Hi to ALL, Hope everyone is ok...?

Day 5 for me, Nothing too bad, -Just the normal but a bit ramped up... -but nothing like last time i tried the same cut...

So am Holding for a while again, then smaller cuts from here... so wish they did a 0.5 V tablet to split... Grrrr... :)

Take care People...

Day 5 for me, Nothing too bad, -Just the normal but a bit ramped up... -but nothing like last time i tried the same cut...

So am Holding for a while again, then smaller cuts from here... so wish they did a 0.5 V tablet to split... Grrrr... :)

Take care People...

Thanks CT, glad to hear you are 5 days from your cut, great to hear it is different from the last time, Life is good...., and someday the Benzo Madness will be done. You know with all the well wishes from a great group of Buddies here makes everything a bit easier. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's great, BG! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's great, BG! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Gard. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello all.  Just returned from vacation and had a great time with very minimal sxs.  Seemed to start feeling much better several days before i left for vacation.  Still feeling pretty good.  Hoping to hold for a little while and get some continued stabalization before messing with any of my doses.  I am finding everyones input very valuable and wanted to thank you all.  It is seeming as if time and patience are the answer to my healing.  I need to keep reminding myself of that when things are not going as well.  I have jumped the gun too quickly in the past which have resulted in more medications, updoses, and reinstatements which turned out to give me very little short term relief and major long term setbacks.

Much love

BJ

Take care People...

CT- have you switched back to cut and hold from DLMT? Looks like it from your sig..... Can you enlighten?  :) good luck with your cut , it was a brave one!  :)

Hello all.  Just returned from vacation and had a great time with very minimal sxs.  Seemed to start feeling much better several days before i left for vacation.  Still feeling pretty good.  Hoping to hold for a little while and get some continued stabalization before messing with any of my doses.  I am finding everyones input very valuable and wanted to thank you all.  It is seeming as if time and patience are the answer to my healing.  I need to keep reminding myself of that when things are not going as well.  I have jumped the gun too quickly in the past which have resulted in more medications, updoses, and reinstatements which turned out to give me very little short term relief and major long term setbacks.

Much love

BJ

Great news BJ! Seems like your updose worked! Happy for you :)

Despite being up at 4am with anxiety.. I feel great today... even with my ears ringing... maybe because I changed my HRT up a bit.. IDK but I'll take it  Happy Day everyone!

Hi all , how is everyone doing ? Hope colds and sore throats and things are going away( Heath, Gard :smitten:)

I thought I'd post an update and question , which I know I've asked before but Valley I'd like your reassurance again on this  :)

So ive been slowly chipping away at that 1/4 mg..... I'm almost there , taking forever ! I'm doing ok..... Though I know symptoms can catch up 10 days plus after a few little cuts in my experience .

( Valley, looks like your taper is going great now ! Well done!  :))

So , I definitely feel worse after  I take my doses of V , I get worried that it's harming me , not just the usual benzo harm that is already done , but something else. I think V you said that when you were feeling WDs you would feel worse after taking your doses?

I get heat around my heart area. My skin is always hot anyway from this, but seems like around this area , and back , is worst.

I guess I feel like everytime I take a dose it throws my system way off balance.... Anyone else experience this? Hot flashes , stomach burning , and gradual worsening throughout the day of burning. It's ok in the morning before I take my first dose.

It could be gabapentin interdose WD too, as GP has a short half life.

Also Valley , are you doing something like a micro cut an hold now? Rather than a DLMT and hold like you were doing. Just interested to know how you  are tapering now.

Thank you , and love to all 😊🌞 :smitten:

[98...]