Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

ATU, how are you doing now that you have settled back in from your trip?. Hope all is going well for you and know we are thinking of you. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

How kind of you to think of me. I am doing pretty well now that Im back from trip.

My sleep is off and on but that has been the case for some time now. This is day 3 of my recent cut so I expect to start feeling crappy by day 8-10. Then a period of ugliness, then around day 30 I start feeling better,...at least that's been my experience thus far. Still have some lingering upper back/ neck muscle stiffness but nothing too too bad.

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏:smitten:

ATU, how are you doing now that you have settled back in from your trip?. Hope all is going well for you and know we are thinking of you. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

How kind of you to think of me. I am doing pretty well now that Im back from trip.

My sleep is off and on but that has been the case for some time now. This is day 3 of my recent cut so I expect to start feeling crappy by day 8-10. Then a period of ugliness, then around day 30 I start feeling better,...at least that's been my experience thus far. Still have some lingering upper back/ neck muscle stiffness but nothing too too bad.

How are you doing?

ATU 🙏:smitten:

Glad you checked in and pretty much we are all going to get off one day and deal as we go along, and as we get lower, hopefully things will get better, or if not so be it, we will Prevail no matter what. :thumbsup:

I am doing well, I have 5 more days of my 10 day taper and really nothing, have been plagued with some BS issues but I am type 2 Diabetic and so far it is has been a little testy, but the monitor lets me know what I should do, the sx mimic wd very closely so I would say I am doing well. Thanks for asking. Just glad to hear from you. Stay Strong My Friend. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi all, :heybabe:

OJ& nutbutter seems to be working!

Last night I went to bed earlier than usual, slept 5 1/2 hours with only one bathroom break. That usually is my average sleep. But I had a small glass of OJ when I woke, tried to go back to sleep and I DID! I slept for another two hours! Was it the OJ? Was it the earlier bed time that is more in tune with my natural circadian rhythms ? Who knows,  ??? .but I'm an OJ lady for now and will see what happens. I'm trading my green tea at bedtime for OJ and peanut butter and half a bagel! And going to bed at 11:30.(not 1 AM) Hope this lasts!

George, and ATU,

Ive never done an updose so I can't comment on that, but it is so good to hear you are doing better! I also get my wdsx at about 8-10 days after a cut and it lasts as long as it wants to last. I don't have control over that so I am trying to accept and move on. But I am keeping my cuts real small so my wdsx are not terrible and I am able to still live my life.. Yes, I am a sloth, but that is what my body has taught me. Slow is the only way to go fir me...or crash I certainly will!

MiYu, is the OJ and nutbutter working for you? I hope so. I hope you. And Freeme have gotten some relief from your burning. :therethere:

Begood, thank you for bringing the OJ thing to light here on the forum. It seems like you continue to be in good shape and good spirits. So happy for you and so glad you are here to mentor us, along with all the other buddies too who post such good ideas and information that teach us so much.

When I think of where I'd be without this longhold forum, I really believe there is no way I could have gotten as far as I have come with out it..I'd probably not be successful at all!  But now I know I will make it to a "walk off" when I am ready because of this forum. :heybabe:

Once again, to all who are suffering, I'm reading your posts, trying to help when I can. Believe me, I hear you! I sincerely hope you get relief soon, and IMO if you hang on, and hang here on this forum, you'll get the best advice there is. In the words I have picked up on this forum,  I wish you peace,healing, patience, acceptance, strength and courage. :hug:

Heath :smitten:

Heath, No burning is still awful, it never leaves now.  Thank you for asking.  Dr. gave me Lyrica but i'm too afraid to try it.  Gabapentin seemed to make it worse but I only took it for 5 days.  Just hanging in there as best I can.  Glad you slept better.  :thumbsup:

Heath such a lovely letter and so uplifting to hear you now, just Priceless I am a bit emotional today, was up at 3am, but so thankful that things are going so well, I love this Support Group such good caring peeps that are not afraid to help one another, we are all here on this Earth for such a short time and if we can do some good, no matter how little it is wonderful, now I am  :'( but be assured they are Happy Tears, I like this group because there is no trying to confront and be big dog, we are all equal and we are all wanting the same things. May you all have the best day. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heath such a lovely letter and so uplifting to hear you now, just Priceless I am a bit emotional today, was up at 3am, but so thankful that things are going so well, I love this Support Group such good caring peeps that are not afraid to help one another, we are all here on this Earth for such a short time and if we can do some good, no matter how little it is wonderful, now I am  :'( but be assured they are Happy Tears, I like this group because there is no trying to confront and be big dog, we are all equal and we are all wanting the same things. May you all have the best day. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Did I HEAR Big dog??

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/small-dogs-little-dogs-32647227-268-188.jpg

Heath,

I just read you were trading your green tea for OJ. I think that sounds like something I am going to try as well. The OJ I mean. Green tea has many benefits I know but the caffeine content is just too much for me.

I do enjoy many herbal teas however like,. Tulsi, lemonbalm, turmeric and such.

I also typically wake up around 2 am. Never tried the OJ so tonight I will and see if I can benefit.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected and no matter how bad it may be we all know that with time it will get better.

Peace & Healing to all.

ATU  🙏

Did I HEAR Big dog??

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32600000/small-dogs-little-dogs-32647227-268-188.jpg

Oh How Cute, lots of ears there.... :smitten:

Did I HEAR Big dog??

In a strong wind, I believe this little guy might fly!  :)

ATU 🙏

Heath, No burning is still awful, it never leaves now.  Thank you for asking.  Dr. gave me Lyrica but i'm too afraid to try it.  Gabapentin seemed to make it worse but I only took it for 5 days.  Just hanging in there as best I can.  Glad you slept better.  :thumbsup:

Freeme, , I'm so sorry to hear that the burning is still making you miserable. I know little about Lyrica except if taken for a long tim, you have to be weaned off of it. I know two people who take it and it really helps their pain, but they are not tapering benzos. Do you think just trying it would hurt you? You can always stop it if it gives you bad side effects or if it doesn't help at all.

I don't know what to tell you! I'm sure I'd be leery too.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.

I feel for you!

Heath  :smitten:

Begood, you are so right and so clear minded and kind. Yes, none of us are "big dogs" . We have all been in the same boat at one time or another, doing great, doing miserably, happy, sad, scared courageous, defeated, ...I could go on forever! The fact is , no matter how we are feeling, and no matter how often things may change for any one of us, we are always here for each other , to help, to soothe, and to commiserate.  I wish I could hug,in person, each and every person on this forum!

Heath

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Heath,  I googled it and it seems it can interact with the lisinopril I'm on for high blood pressure.  It can cause edema etc. so naturally I am so scared now to try it.  I still might get up my courage but it seems everything I try go south for me.  Never know what can happen with these meds but I know Lyrica has a bad reputation now and I think some class action suits.  I wouldn't take it regularly though but just so darned scared of meds now its ridiculous. 

Begood, you are so right and so clear minded and kind. Yes, none of us are "big dogs" . We have all been in the same boat at one time or another, doing great, doing miserably, happy, sad, scared courageous, defeated, ...I could go on forever! The fact is , no matter how we are feeling, and no matter how often things may change for any one of us, we are always here for each other , to help, to soothe, and to commiserate.  I wish I could hug,in person, each and every person on this forum!

Heath

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You are a sweetheart Heath, and Begood too , and all of you buddies here are so wonderful in your care and support.  :smitten:

Freeme-- I have the burning t hat never goes away also. I have come to accept that it might be a symtom that stays with me throughout WD , for whatever reason . I wonder if it's even created by the drugs , and not a WD symptom. Who knows , sorties they a re interchangeable .

I Seem to be getting a little better day by day, I have still been holding my V taper, but have cut back a bit on the gabapentin , which for me doesn't seem to create any WD symptoms to speak of . Not sure if I should taper that one first just to get it out the way as it's easier , or hold it while I get the V dose lower, which for me seems to be the kicker.

Free- I take gabapentin for RLS, been on it for years in small doses. It doesn't help my burning at all and never did, even before I cut back. It's good for sleep though , if you need that. Lyric is much stronger I beleive , as I think Heath said , could you try a little and see how you respond?

Hope everyone is feeling better and better .

Love, MiYu  :smitten::hug:

Heath,  I googled it and it seems it can interact with the lisinopril I'm on for high blood pressure.  It can cause edema etc. so naturally I am so scared now to try it.  I still might get up my courage but it seems everything I try go south for me.  Never know what can happen with these meds but I know Lyrica has a bad reputation now and I think some class action suits.  I wouldn't take it regularly though but just so darned scared of meds now its ridiculous.

I just saw this post from you Free..... Seems like lyrics may not be the best thing for you if it has interactions. Gabapentin is a weaker med. of the same type... Have you googled to see if there are interactions with Gabpentin? Maybe it would be a better choice if your doctor agrees?

Take care Free, love, MiYu  :smitten:

No Gabapentin doesn't interact with most meds.  I tried it for 5 days and it made the burning worse but it could have been a coincidence.  The burning gets worse and worse.  I have to start tapering at some point but I just can't see a way forward as sick as I am.  I have three meds to taper.  I was on the two for years and had no problems.  After they added in Ativan, I was fine for a  few years but then started with the i/d w/d, which I didn't know it was at the time.  I googled and came here and it all came together.  I made the crossover to Valium with no issues and started tapering but after surgery it all went south.  At 13mg. it went bad.  Also they dosed me with Versed for surgery and who k nows what else.  I feel this is when things got really bad and I just can't seem to get stabilized.  Anyway, I am looking for answers but so far I am stuck.  I really must start to taper, I have been holding almost 7 months now with no improvement.  Don't want to be a downer but that is my story.  UGH.

Hi guys, just thought I'd stick my head in and say hi....I'm with free, still not feeling well at all, not knowing when and how to figure the tapering ambien out yet....our governor has put in some new guidelines on addiction meds, and it sound like it is going to affect what the doctors and pharmacists may or may not do.  I'm praying it doesn't affect my being able to long taper.  will  have to see I guess, it goes into effect in April.  I know it is a very good thing, but scary for us that are still tapering....

Glad people are feeling somewhat better, It is so good to read that....entertaining as well, this is a crazy group....love and hugs to all of you. 

Love that dog, C!      stella bee

Hello,

I have been doing really well since i upped my dose to .875 mg K on march 9th. Both primary and psych doc advise of a long hold - at least a month before each drop as i seem to be extremely sensitive, and i am totally fine with this as long as i stay stable, i don't care if it takes me years to get off!

However, i accidentally took an extra .125mg in my am dose this morning. I can def. feel the extra tiny little bit! Does anyone think that this might set me back at all, or will my body just adjust to the one time dose of a full 1mg for only one day?

well just got back from the doctors office an he upped the dose of k from 2.75 to 3mgs he wants to do baby steps he said..and hold there and if i get absolutely no relief then he will up it again next month when i see him..cause he said theres no use to go up higher than i need too..and i have to agree with that..he told me i should feel something within 3 to 7 days from the 1/4 mgs of klonopin updose but i know you all were saying that it could be a couple of months to feel better..he said he has had to up some of his patients that have tried to get off and none of them had any problems with going back up...but it wasnt an up and down kinda thing either..hes a really good doctor for being just a medical doctor..i trust him..he spends lots of time with me and talks to me about everything..he says i have to do me..i have to look in the mirror and tell myself i will get better and i will be alright..he said its hard to read whats on fb cause so many are on so many different things and going through different things..

i will write to all of you later i have to eat something i am late doing that..and i never want to go backwards in that..

thanks again for all the support

hugs

deep

Rosabell,

I accidentally spilled one of my doses a few weeks ago and there was no way to figure out how much was in it so I took a whole .5 mg which was an updose of about the same amount you did. I felt a little less anxious the next day, which was nice, but the day after it was like I hadn't done anything. It didnt affect my taper at all. I asked the same question over on the micro taper board and they said a one time updose like that usually doesn't cause any problems.

Freeme, 

I tried gabapentine twice and both times it caused my face to feel like it was burning. They said not to take it again because of that. They were trying to find something to help with the anxiety and agoraphobia sxs I've had since June 2016. It seems like everything either has a paradoxical effect, a bad side effect, or I'm allergic to it.

Deep,

I'm so glad that your doctor is working with you. I hope that all you need it the .25mg updose to stabilize. That would be so wonderful.

I've only been holding for about two months but my sxs seem to be getting worse. Is this normal? I'm on clonazepam and I have heard that some people get no benefit from holding on clonazepam. However I had to cold turkey from Wellbutrin in June last year and I don't know what is causing what. I'm so very frustrated. I had such a horrible day yesterday there were times when I didn't know if I was going to make it. The anxiety was so high and nothing I did helped bring it down. I'm fortunately feeling a bit better today, still high anxiety but at least I can do things to distract from it.

Hugs and healing everyone.

Good mornink everyone... Yes its very early for me... 9am...

Well so much has been happening overnight here... But as usual you all have each others back...

Deep, I hope everything is well with your maths stuff... -am so sorry that im of no help with tablet weight to med dose type maths... I did pm SG asking if he could pls have a quick look, just to be safe... -as usual its probably just another "my bad" thing...

So great to hear you have a good Dr too... makes it so much easier...

Rosabel,l as stated, extreemly unlikely u will have any problems at all...

Free, such a rotten deal... -you sure have strength... not sure i have asked before, but has your Dr ever mentioned Valproate, or Valpro i think our brand name is... It was one they used for me early on, and ibeleive it works different to the GPN and lyrica... maybe worth a google, maybe not...

Hope hubby is ok too... will catch up on my reading...

Miyu, Hi mate, so glad to see u feel a little better... FWIW -some are leaving the GPN till last, or stepping it down behind the benzo as they go... -just info... for me, -while i do feel the GPN changes as i stop n start, they are no biggie, unless i have cut V and then take it away... -then i feel the true V cut... Its yet another med that everyone seems to be so different with...

Now i forgot the rest... (am on fone) -so just wishing everyone the best... :)

Did I HEAR Big dog??

Cant, what a sweet doggie or is it a doggie? :)

Wow, fast moving today! I haven't had a chance to get on and had to go back several pages to see what I missed lol.

Free, I used both gabapentin and lyrica and didn't like either one. Neither seemed to help with much except to make me have amnesia. Hope you get on top of the burning and can start tapering soon.

Stella, I hope you stabilize soon. I know it took a long time when my taper when south. Hang in there and it will get better IMO.

Deep, I'm so glad to hear you have a plan and can at least move forward in getting where you need to be. I have my fingers crossed that all will go well.

MiYu it's great to hear things are better!

Heath it's good to hear your cortisol intervention is working!

Hi cantfly, BG, rosabell, ATU, tntd, George and all in the group.  Hope most of you are doing well! 

I'm very sore from the gym which I expected but other than that, everything is great! :)--V

Wow, fast moving today! I haven't had a chance to get on and had to go back several pages to see what I missed lol.

Free, I used both gabapentin and lyrica and didn't like either one. Neither seemed to help with much except to make me have amnesia. Hope you get on top of the burning and can start tapering soon.

Stella, I hope you stabilize soon. I know it took a long time when my taper when south. Hang in there and it will get better IMO.

Deep, I'm so glad to hear you have a plan and can at least move forward in getting where you need to be. I have my fingers crossed that all will go well.

MiYu it's great to hear things are better!

Heath it's good to hear your cortisol intervention is working!

Hi cantfly, BG, rosabell, ATU, tntd, George and all in the group.  Hope most of you are doing well! 

I'm very sore from the gym which I expected but other than that, everything is great! :)--V

Be sure to take a Before pic and we will want to see an After pic, Tell [glow=red,2,300]"COOKIE"[/glow] hi from her new bestie. :):smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[28...]