Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks [glow=red,2,300]"SIST'A"[/glow] for your ongoing support to all of us here at BB, I know I have a Friend for Life. I know things are hard for you, so I will carry you in my Heart today to get you some nice rest and no loud music and noise, you deserve so much Nova. Rest and Recoup. :hug::mybuddy::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thak you Sista'  :hug::smitten::mybuddy::hug:

Oh boy!! its really one of those days today  ::) A low flying chopper was hovering over my home for ages my poor brain is doing this  :D :D :D :D Ah well Que sera' hey? ;) Thank you for you love, friendship and caring you big hearted women  :angel:  :smitten:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova,  Sending you healing wishes that you feel better also.  This is so hard but you are doing it and doing it well.  Hope you are better soon.  :smitten:

Nova,  Sending you healing wishes that you feel better also.  This is so hard but you are doing it and doing it well.  Hope you are better soon.  :smitten:

Thank you sweetie  :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish the same for you also :)

Can't so sorry your Son is feeling the effects of his Hep shot, I can not take any shots anymore as I became allergic and had very high fever and arm swollen, and so so sick, like I was delirous that lasted for two days, finally went in to see Doctor, and he said no more vaccines....I know you are keeping a good watch over him. Hope you get to feeling better, a lot you have had to deal with, but I know you will prevail. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BG... we doing ok now... C14 bit better still... headaches now, but hydrated ok...

So, less needles for you... -a bit of a bonus, in its own way...

Asked chemist about that D-Limonene citrus oil... -surprise... not a clue... Alovera juice or products... no... But Organic oranges and carrots were on special... -It was a sign...

How is everyone holding up???

Strength and Determination to anyone thats in the midst of it all...

BlackJack, Miyu... -hope all is ok...

How are the recent jumpers going? -best wishes...

And... as BG remembered...

We have A Happy Birthday for Freeme... (21yo... -but ssshhh)

Have a great day Free!!!

Well... scrambled EGGs at BGs... -TY Valley...

Glad to hear C14 is getting better. I really think you need to do a search on the d-limodene, it is good for gut issues too, it has nothing medicinal in it, but I tell you it is the best thing since Egg Salad sandwiches..... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Lol... -i did, i did... -i read my little/big ass off... ncbi n all!!!

I think it is worth a try... and i have started intense organic raw carrot therapy... was that Gard that hooked me up with that?? Oh my poor brain... I will look in the health food shop when im in a big town... or i can get online... or i could eat citrus peel... :)

The chemist sugested tumeric or olive leaf extract... ???  Olive leaf, i take if i get the flue or am doing a liver cleanse...

Thanks Nova. That really helped.

Much live

BJ

Thanks, Nova, for those great posts. I couldn't have said it better. And they helped me, too!

Hang on, BJ. You are not alone.

Gard

Hi Blackjack. Don't despair. It can take a long while to feel better when changes are made and your body is adjusting. Be patient with yourself. You can do this!  :)--V

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well today. I am still really hurting. I was feeling pretty well last week and this week has been getting progressively worse. Cant eat, cant sleep, cant stop crying, hurt everywhere.  Just really in a bad place.  Constant fear of losing my job and not being able to go on vacation Sunday.  Feel like im letting everyone down.  The guilt of not being able to take care of my responsibilities is the worst.  Basically ruined my taper updosing back to my original dose trying to get well and it seemed to help for a short time now i am back to this.  It is just so hard to imagine ever getting over this.  I am praying that if i just hold on for a little longer i will start to feel well again, but honestly i am finding it difficult to keep hopeful. Has anybody here experienced anything like this?  Sometimes i think my case is too severe to be fixed.

Much love

BJ

Here is another excellent thread to read, heres the opening post below but click on the link to read the whole thread is one of the best ones on BB to read when your heads telling you your going to be the exception the will never heal  :)

Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

Benzo Lies

I was talking with a friend about the lies that benzos tell us and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on the topic.

Here are some benzo lies that I previously posted on my blog and thought it would be good to start this thread off with.

Please add some of the lies that you used to believe and now know to be untrue.

This will be very valuable for those who are still under the spell of the lies that benzos tell us. My experience is that our thinking is fundamentally altered by benzo action during tolerance withdrawal and during tapering, and that we are not actually thinking – we are at the effect of chemical storms in our brains. And we think that these are our thoughts. And worse yet, we BELIEVE these thoughts. But what we are experiencing is chemical and electrical processes that occur during the body’s attempt to adjust these chemicals and processes on the fly.

Now that I am feeling better, it’s easy to see some of the lies the benzos tell us. They are plain to see in hindsight. But for those of you who are having troubles with taper symptoms, or pre or post-taper symptoms, I wanted to help you to see  some of the lies that the benzos have told me, and may be telling you too.  Hopefully, you will be able to use this to understand more about your experience and maybe you could use this post as a template for reality.

Benzo Lie # 1. There is no hope.  This one is nasty. Do not believe this lie. It can take you down fast. It is not true, even though it feels very true. For me, this hopelessness was a result of benzo created chemical imbalances coloring my thinking into a perceived end of time. I could not imagine time extending for more than 3 months into the future. There was no way I could think of any possible outcome at all – not even a negative one, and all of my imagined outcomes of less than 3 months were negative. If you cannot imagine a positive future for yourself, know you are under the trance of lie # 1.

Benzo Lie # 2. My Life is ruined.  Do not believe this lie. You are in a temporary state of withdrawal. It is an awful state, but it is temporary and you will move out of it and have a life that you can mold into what you had before or one that is better than before. When you can think clearly, you are able to fashion a life that is better than what happened to you when you were tranquilized and your life fell apart as a result of being drugged. When you are out of withdrawals and free from the effects of their symptoms, you will be in a better position to solve problems instead of having them take you down.

Benzo Lie # 3. These benzo effects will last forever.  I see this lie as being conditional.  The lie part is that if you are making decisions that will move yourself toward health and away from benzos, it will not last forever. There WILL be an end to the benzo-related troubles. As you get further away from benzos and their effects, the less the benzos will act on you.  If you make benzo related decisions that move yourself away from natural health and into benzo use, you may end up in a never ending loop of having side effects being confused as diseases, and having benzo symptoms being medicated with more benzos, and in turn, more and more drug and symptom interactions and more and more suffering.

Benzo Lie # 4. I will never be happy again  This lie broke my heart. I let this lie rob me of my dreams. I am living proof that you can totally believe this lie and live to prove it wrong. I never thought I could ever be happy ever again. I’m not only happy now, but happier than I was before I started on benzos. I feel like I have just vanquished a dragon, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that. Now, I am happy. I am happy just because I exist and because life is available to me. There is such joy in coming back from the edge and being able to function again.

I felt like there was no way happiness could ever be attained by someone who is going through all of this suffering and torture and ineptitude, and now I’m happy.  I am the guy that was scared to death of my cat for 2 years. I was freaked out because the gardener was going to come on Wednesday and scare me with the noise of his equipment and today it’s Monday and I’m worried about it already. I couldn't drive for over a year. . . and on and on.

If you are feeling that your happiness is behind you, do not despair. You cannot absolutely know that your best days are behind you. The effects of benzo action will make you believe you cannot be happy. It is not true. After your body begins making the feel good chemicals and you are out of wd, your life can get wonderful again.

These are just a few of the benzo lies that have I have busted for myself. And there are many, many more.

Try this on - If it makes you sad, it's probably a benzo lie.

You CAN be happy again. It will feel great, and you’ll love it more than ever.  :thumbsup:

Please post the benzo lies that you have busted so others can learn from your experience.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=87594.0

Thanks nova. Hope you can get back to functioning soon. Are you any better?  :)--V

Thank you Begood and Valley..... Any alternatives to OJ.? I don't do well with citrus for some reason. Perhaps Vit C , and I can do the nut butter sandwich  :)

:smitten:

Glass Milk, eat whole sanwich instead half. :smitten:

Will try it Begood..... Thank you ! You are an angel :angel::smitten:

Wrote another post, it will not work with milk, can you use pulp free OJ, because this and the sandwich work on the adrenal surges do a google search. :smitten:

I'll have to try the OJ , it's been years since I ate any citrus, except some lemon juice in salad dressings. I did eat a nut butter sandwich ( I made some buckwheat pancakes and had one of those with almond butter, yum ) and it helped , I didn't get the adrenal surge this morning , not until after I took my am dose of V , which happens also ..... The V actually increases my anxiety temporarily when it gets to the maximum serum level ,about an hour after taking it , I feel anxious , and then it passes.....will keep trying the late night snack , thank you !  :smitten::-*

Feeling a little better today , yay  :) it's been just over two weeks since I made the small cuts (5/30th of 1/4 mg  :crazy:) and I definitely feel some improvement happening. I guess I just have to go really slow for now. I'm not planning on making any more cuts until I feel a bit more stable , I'm still

shaky and weak, but better.. :) even if I am making just a little bit of progress , and see that my nervous system does recover slowly, it give me hope ....

Love to everyone ,

MiYu  :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQgIIOAoBtP-9fnYUKXX-PY9UYOVQl5SWKfAar0uVpHLRgIQh8RaHCneV3cg

We made it to the shops today and you all have convinced us to be healthy...

I am still feeling ok -not happy about having to add GPN, but i think it was getting to the point where i need to determine how much is accident related nerve damage...  obviously rgere is some, I have no hot/cold sensarion on my belly and much of my left side is numb and "chewey" -like after a needle at the dentist... my abdo muscles have gone spastic as my  WD have eased at 2V...

B ut how can one say for sure its not still V WD SX??? Aaaaggghhhh... will give it a few days and reassess...

My son C14 is rather ill following his HPV immunisation booster... but perhaps it is a tummy bug... hydration and temp are the issues atm... but ok thus far...

Oh, and Gard, did you whisper something??? -what i dont hear... -BG knows.. 

Oh, and i got a honey moon pic for our happy holders...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5--ZkjJ_5Lk0o6aqjQOHmCPiuxJQp0iPQhqA-tsNNaBIRFfngHOh1BS-R

Great Pics CT :laugh:

I love  both of them......

I'm sorry about your son too , I hope he recovers quickly.

And you also.... Be healed  :hug::therethere:

Can't so sorry your Son is feeling the effects of his Hep shot, I can not take any shots anymore as I became allergic and had very high fever and arm swollen, and so so sick, like I was delirous that lasted for two days, finally went in to see Doctor, and he said no more vaccines....I know you are keeping a good watch over him. Hope you get to feeling better, a lot you have had to deal with, but I know you will prevail. :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BG... we doing ok now... C14 bit better still... headaches now, but hydrated ok...

Asked chemist about that D-Limonene citrus oil... -surprise... not a clue... Alovera juice or products... no... But Organic oranges and carrots were on special... -It was a sign...

Have a great day Free!!!

Glad to hear C14 is getting better. I really think you need to do a search on the d-limodene, it is good for gut issues too, it has nothing medicinal in it, but I tell you it is the best thing since Egg Salad sandwiches..... :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I think it is worth a try... and i have started intense organic raw carrot therapy... was that Gard that hooked me up with that?? Oh my poor brain... I will look in the health food shop when im in a big town... or i can get online... or i could eat citrus peel... :)

The chemist sugested tumeric or olive leaf extract... ???  Olive leaf, i take if i get the flue or am doing a liver cleanse...

Amazon is where I get my d-limodene.

Thank you Begood and Valley..... Any alternatives to OJ.? I don't do well with citrus for some reason. Perhaps Vit C , and I can do the nut butter sandwich  :)

Wrote another post, it will not work with milk, can you use pulp free OJ, because this and the sandwich work on the adrenal surges do a google search. :smitten:

I'll have to try the OJ , it's been years since I ate any citrus, except some lemon juice in salad dressings. I did eat a nut butter sandwich ( I made some buckwheat pancakes and had one of those with almond butter, yum ) and it helped , I didn't get the adrenal surge this morning , not until after I took my am dose of V , which happens also ..... The V actually increases my anxiety temporarily when it gets to the maximum serum level ,about an hour after taking it , I feel anxious , and then it passes.....will keep trying the late night snack , thank you !  :smitten::-*

Feeling a little better today , yay  :) it's been just over two weeks since I made the small cuts (5/30th of 1/4 mg  :crazy:) and I definitely feel some improvement happening. I guess I just have to go really slow for now. I'm not planning on making any more cuts until I feel a bit more stable , I'm still

shaky and weak, but better.. :) even if I am making just a little bit of progress , and see that my nervous system does recover slowly, it give me hope ....

Love to everyone ,

Yes I would try again with the OJ.

Thanks MiYu,

We will be fine... Today is a new day... :) (its early am here)

Great to see a small successful cut for you... you just showed benzo who is in control...

And confirmed your own strength..

Good stuff...

Thanks MiYu,

Great to see a small successful cut for you... you just showed benzo who is in control...

Good stuff...

Thank you CT , so many shifts and changes we have to adapt to and accept. Enough to make anyone nuts...... :crazy: but , we grow and learn to live in the moment ( and I  certainly have not mastered this yet , especially when things get very difficult )  , but that is a gift for sure ......

Valley, hiya, hope all is well. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

"I really want to make some Chicken and homemade dumplings today, but I am going to have to barter with Valley about a special chicken I want, none other will do". ::) Can you guess what chicken I want for the Stew Pot.? ?  :angel:

Love to everyone ,

That's great news MiYu! :thumbsup:

Valley, hiya, hope all is well. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

"I really want to make some Chicken and homemade dumplings today, but I am going to have to barter with Valley about a special chicken I want, none other will do". ::) Can you guess what chicken I want for the Stew Pot.? ?  :angel:

I know which one. Resembles a cookie.... right? :)--V

Love to everyone ,

That's wonderful, Miyu! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks MiYu,

Good stuff...

Thank you CT , so many shifts and changes we have to adapt to and accept. Enough to make anyone nuts...... :crazy: but , we grow and learn to live in the moment ( and I  certainly have not mastered this yet , especially when things get very difficult )  , but that is a gift for sure ......

Do You think I have gone NUTS too??

Y8Cvctbzre2CbiNq9mDxfELztdOatE3zvmLwNH4oLzqmsOMtZOV8ELsY4d-tsIlPyA7VzROzweKCr4y0K71eX6bfws6VN5gJHwDZQLF4BDLEJZzRHECyD_1m990JiyXrz27_QkAEXtVjiRtP-mYEizp0Qg1CX_RnF_nQ7arUaNyRK3gMwCcJcEt6DwguaaZzLeArr6pi7GWb5Ihl2Y9-oKtV=w308-h478-nc

Have a great day Free!!!

sorry, still catching up...

Amazon and others, often wont ship stuff to Australia if we have a supplier here (often much dearer) Trade agreement stuff... But yes I can get it online thanks...Oo

But im eating my carrots... -lots of carrots... :)

maxresdefault.jpg

BG, is yours with a D or an N

D-limonene or d-limodind ... google says N ...  but i suspect you are smarter than google, so thought i best check..  :)

Have a great day Free!!!

sorry, still catching up...

Amazon and others, often wont ship stuff to Australia if we have a supplier here (often much dearer) Trade agreement stuff... But yes I can get it online thanks...Oo

But im eating my carrots... -lots of carrots... :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi CF  :hug: Amazon do ship to Aus, you have to use USA Amazon /www.amazon.com/here's the shipping rates  link https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596190

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well today. I am still really hurting. I was feeling pretty well last week and this week has been getting progressively worse. Cant eat, cant sleep, cant stop crying, hurt everywhere.  Just really in a bad place.  Constant fear of losing my job and not being able to go on vacation Sunday.  Feel like im letting everyone down.  The guilt of not being able to take care of my responsibilities is the worst.  Basically ruined my taper updosing back to my original dose trying to get well and it seemed to help for a short time now i am back to this.  It is just so hard to imagine ever getting over this.  I am praying that if i just hold on for a little longer i will start to feel well again, but honestly i am finding it difficult to keep hopeful. Has anybody here experienced anything like this?  Sometimes i think my case is too severe to be fixed.

Much love

BJ

Here is another excellent thread to read, heres the opening post below but click on the link to read the whole thread is one of the best ones on BB to read when your heads telling you your going to be the exception the will never heal  :)

Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

Benzo Lies

I was talking with a friend about the lies that benzos tell us and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on the topic.

Here are some benzo lies that I previously posted on my blog and thought it would be good to start this thread off with.

Please add some of the lies that you used to believe and now know to be untrue.

This will be very valuable for those who are still under the spell of the lies that benzos tell us. My experience is that our thinking is fundamentally altered by benzo action during tolerance withdrawal and during tapering, and that we are not actually thinking – we are at the effect of chemical storms in our brains. And we think that these are our thoughts. And worse yet, we BELIEVE these thoughts. But what we are experiencing is chemical and electrical processes that occur during the body’s attempt to adjust these chemicals and processes on the fly.

Now that I am feeling better, it’s easy to see some of the lies the benzos tell us. They are plain to see in hindsight. But for those of you who are having troubles with taper symptoms, or pre or post-taper symptoms, I wanted to help you to see  some of the lies that the benzos have told me, and may be telling you too.  Hopefully, you will be able to use this to understand more about your experience and maybe you could use this post as a template for reality.

Benzo Lie # 1. There is no hope.  This one is nasty. Do not believe this lie. It can take you down fast. It is not true, even though it feels very true. For me, this hopelessness was a result of benzo created chemical imbalances coloring my thinking into a perceived end of time. I could not imagine time extending for more than 3 months into the future. There was no way I could think of any possible outcome at all – not even a negative one, and all of my imagined outcomes of less than 3 months were negative. If you cannot imagine a positive future for yourself, know you are under the trance of lie # 1.

Benzo Lie # 2. My Life is ruined.  Do not believe this lie. You are in a temporary state of withdrawal. It is an awful state, but it is temporary and you will move out of it and have a life that you can mold into what you had before or one that is better than before. When you can think clearly, you are able to fashion a life that is better than what happened to you when you were tranquilized and your life fell apart as a result of being drugged. When you are out of withdrawals and free from the effects of their symptoms, you will be in a better position to solve problems instead of having them take you down.

Benzo Lie # 3. These benzo effects will last forever.  I see this lie as being conditional.  The lie part is that if you are making decisions that will move yourself toward health and away from benzos, it will not last forever. There WILL be an end to the benzo-related troubles. As you get further away from benzos and their effects, the less the benzos will act on you.  If you make benzo related decisions that move yourself away from natural health and into benzo use, you may end up in a never ending loop of having side effects being confused as diseases, and having benzo symptoms being medicated with more benzos, and in turn, more and more drug and symptom interactions and more and more suffering.

Benzo Lie # 4. I will never be happy again  This lie broke my heart. I let this lie rob me of my dreams. I am living proof that you can totally believe this lie and live to prove it wrong. I never thought I could ever be happy ever again. I’m not only happy now, but happier than I was before I started on benzos. I feel like I have just vanquished a dragon, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that. Now, I am happy. I am happy just because I exist and because life is available to me. There is such joy in coming back from the edge and being able to function again.

I felt like there was no way happiness could ever be attained by someone who is going through all of this suffering and torture and ineptitude, and now I’m happy.  I am the guy that was scared to death of my cat for 2 years. I was freaked out because the gardener was going to come on Wednesday and scare me with the noise of his equipment and today it’s Monday and I’m worried about it already. I couldn't drive for over a year. . . and on and on.

If you are feeling that your happiness is behind you, do not despair. You cannot absolutely know that your best days are behind you. The effects of benzo action will make you believe you cannot be happy. It is not true. After your body begins making the feel good chemicals and you are out of wd, your life can get wonderful again.

These are just a few of the benzo lies that have I have busted for myself. And there are many, many more.

Try this on - If it makes you sad, it's probably a benzo lie.

You CAN be happy again. It will feel great, and you’ll love it more than ever.  :thumbsup:

Please post the benzo lies that you have busted so others can learn from your experience.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=87594.0

Thanks nova. Hope you can get back to functioning soon. Are you any better:)--V

Thanks V :hug: I' m still very rough unfortunately but hanging in there the best I can thanks :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Happy Birthday, Free!

I hope you have a peaceful day :hug:

http://www.azbirthdaycollections.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Happy-Birthday-Cake-Images-Download-1.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREE!

[c7...]