Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Gard ..... The Amazon product is called " PEA powder" by FE health products , fulfilled by Amazon. Pure PEA powder made in the US. Sorry I couldn't figure out a link from my IPad App. But you should be able to find it if you search PEA powder on the Amazon site .

MiYu

:smitten:

Ps anyone have any experience with this burning skin thing ? , it's not just skin, it's my flesh too.

It must be a benzo WD symptom , though it doesn't seem so common , I Havent found anyone who has it non stop.  :-[

Gard , I don't know if it would be considered neuropathy? I wonder of the PEA would help it?

I know freeme has the constant burning. I haven't seen her post here for a while though.  :)--V

Here's what the snail is trying right now. I am cutting 5 days and holding 2 days. My total cut rate is equal to about 2.5%/month.

If I can keep this up for 6 weeks, I will be at a milestone. I will both eliminate one whole L capsule, and I will be at my starting place. That is, my L dose (25mg) will equal what my first ever dose of X was (.5mg). So I will be at what should have been my starting place of my taper if my psych nurse hadn't kept thinking more was better and upping my dose. >:(

Makes me nervous just thinking about actually being all the way back to the "beginning" before summer!

I hereby promise I will base my taper on symptoms and not my desire to reach this milestone in 6 weeks! ;) When I do manage to reach it, I intend to put in a nice long hold to celebrate. :)

Gard :smitten:

That's awesome gard! :thumbsup:

I am still here.  Sorry haven't been posting since I am still in such agony.  Yes I have the burning also.  Its truly awful and at the point I don't know what to do. I am very med sensitive now so the gabapentin didn't help.  She gave me Lyrica but it interacts with my BP pill so I'm too scared to try it.  I have been holding now over 6 months and am at an impasse.  Sorry MiYu that you ahve this also.  Nothing helps.  My pain meds used to but not so much anymore.  Very scared also and sad.  :(

I am still here.  Sorry haven't been posting since I am still in such agony.  Yes I have the burning also.  Its truly awful and at the point I don't know what to do. I am very med sensitive now so the gabapentin didn't help.  She gave me Lyrica but it interacts with my BP pill so I'm too scared to try it.  I have been holding now over 6 months and am at an impasse.  Sorry MiYu that you ahve this also.  Nothing helps.  My pain meds used to but not so much anymore.  Very scared also and sad.  :(

Have you had any periods of relief free? :)--V

No, not really.  It could be the combo of meds I am on is just too much for my body since I had surgery. This is when things went really south.  I truly don't know what to do at this point. 

No, not really.  It could be the combo of meds I am on is just too much for my body since I had surgery. This is when things went really south.  I truly don't know what to do at this point.

I wish I knew what to tell you. The mix of meds complicates things. There has to be an answer. Have you posted on SA? They may have some suggestions. Sorry you're still struggling.  :)--V

Thanks Valley.  I thought that site was more for AD,  I am not on any of those.  The soma acts on gaba, its a muscle relaxer so that might complicate things. 

Thanks Valley.  I thought that site was more for AD,  I am not on any of those.  The soma acts on gaba, its a muscle relaxer so that might complicate things.

They actually deal with many psychotropic meds and have a benzo section also. I would guess the soma could cause some problems. I just thought of SA as they might have some different ideas to help.  :)--V

Hi Freeme,

I unforunately have no advice for you. I don't know about the burning. but I want you to know that I am reading your posts and so are may others here. I hope so much for your burning to go away. You are very brave and strong. I hope you will keep up the fight because it will be worth it at the end. It's brave people like you who do jump eventually and will be truly free. Good luck, and keep posting. We are all here for you.

Health  :smitten::therethere:

I wish I knew what to tell you. The mix of meds complicates things. There has to be an answer. Have you posted on SA? They may have some suggestions. Sorry you're still struggling.  :)--V

Valley, what is. SA?

Heath, HOw very kind of you.  I am not brave at all, just living day to day in agony.  It is wearing me down, I can't lie.  I have to start tapering again and can't imagine anymore suffering but only way out is through.  Scared though, not brave. 

Valley, what is. SA?

survivingantidepressants.org

I need advice. Lots of advice. You've heard this  before.

I am at 1.1 mg Valium. I'm so sick of all this.  I want to be well. But if I rush ahead too soon, I know I'll mess myself up. But how do I know!

I've held for one month. I'm feeling better. All the symptoms I've had over the past year that  have come and gone, are now gone...except for the muscle pain...(headaches, neckaches, low back aches.)

Actually, it's been ONLY MUSCLE PAIN, (neck, head, back) that's been an issue for months.

So how am I supposed to know if these muscle aches are the wdsx that some people post about that are just going to be with me throughout my taper?

If all my other sdx are still gone, isn't it time to try a small cut of 2% and see what happens? Everyone says to listen to my body, and I am, and it seems like I am ready to try a cut, but on the other hand, it's only been 32 days since my last cut. But my cuts are so small, 2%, maybe a month is long enough to wait? From what I read here, although my sdx are bothersome, they are not nearly as bad as what I read others are going through. I am feeling badly from the muscle pain, but I am certainly functional and I do go places. Are my sdx really not so bad and I should really be going ahead? Are my muscle pains not from withdrawal? Am I ready to cut?

BOTTOM LINE...IF THE MUSCLE PAINS ARE FROM WITHDRAWAL, THEY HAVE BEEN WITH ME ON AND OFF SINCE AUGUST, 2016. THATS 8 months! Maybe they won't go away at all until I'm off this crap? (maybe the muscle pain isn't withdrawal, and it is just really from arthritis in various parts of my spine?)

Maybe I should try a small cut. Then If other sdx don't come, I will know I was ready for a 2% cut. Maybe I should NOT REGARD MY MUSCLE ACHES AS A MEASURE OF READINESS TO CUT AGAIN.

Maybe I should just look to other wdsx as a measure.

Does that make sense? Omg I just don't know what is right and what is wrong!

Heath :-[

(Trip to NJ, is not an issue anymore. Other reasons involved. I'm not going.)

Heath, HOw very kind of you.  I am not brave at all, just living day to day in agony.  It is wearing me down, I can't lie.  I have to start tapering again and can't imagine anymore suffering but only way out is through.  Scared though, not brave.

You know Freeme, it's ok to be scared. Bravery and courage are within those people who ARE SCARED but who do what they have to do any way!

You are brave! And stronger than you think! You will get through this!

Here are some hugs for you.. :therethere: :therethere: :therethere:

(((HUGS))). (((HUGS))).  (((HUGS)))

Heath :smitten:

I am at 1.1 mg Valium. I'm so sick of all this.  I want to be well. But if I rush ahead too soon, I know I'll mess myself up. But how do I know!

I've held for one month. I'm feeling better. All the symptoms I've had over the past year that  have come and gone, are now gone...except for the muscle pain...(headaches, neckaches, low back aches.)

Actually, it's been ONLY MUSCLE PAIN, (neck, head, back) that's been an issue for months.

So how am I supposed to know if these muscle aches are the wdsx that some people post about that are just going to be with me throughout my taper?

If all my other sdx are still gone, isn't it time to try a small cut of 2% and see what happens? Everyone says to listen to my body, and I am, and it seems like I am ready to try a cut, but on the other hand, it's only been 32 days since my last cut. But my cuts are so small, 2%, maybe a month is long enough to wait? From what I read here, although my sdx are bothersome, they are not nearly as bad as what I read others are going through. I am feeling badly from the muscle pain, but I am certainly functional and I do go places. Are my sdx really not so bad and I should really be going ahead? Are my muscle pains not from withdrawal? Am I ready to cut?

BOTTOM LINE...IF THE MUSCLE PAINS ARE FROM WITHDRAWAL, THEY HAVE BEEN WITH ME ON AND OFF SINCE AUGUST, 2016. THATS 8 months! Maybe they won't go away at all until I'm off this crap? (maybe the muscle pain isn't withdrawal, and it is just really from arthritis in various parts of my spine?)

Maybe I should try a small cut. Then If other sdx don't come, I will know I was ready for a 2% cut. Maybe I should NOT REGARD MY MUSCLE ACHES AS A MEASURE OF READINESS TO CUT AGAIN.

Heath, if it's muscle pain only, you could try a small cut. I have muscle pain off and on even when holding and I don't think it will completely resolve until I'm finished.  I do have some lessening of pain, but always have muscle stiffness. If all other sxs are gone and you're functional you are probably ok. Just my opinion.  :)--V

Heathcliff:  I too had awful muscle aches- one thing that helped is to start doing regular exercise. I know it sounds counter intuitive but I started very slowly and built up -  doing some yoga stretches and slow walking, then I bought a bicycle and started riding my bike.  I did a walking tape on days I could not go outside.  The daily exercise helped even though on many days I did not feel like doing anything at all.    As to the taper all I can say is that as time  goes on I am feeling better and better off of the drug than when I was on.  As you know my advice would be to continue to taper to get off of the poison but I know most people in this support group disagree with me.  It took me 4 months to get off of 2 mgs of Valium and I am so glad I did not stretch it out.  I went back to work, I don't think about going out anymore, I sleep, eat what I want and have my life back.  Yes I have bad days and ups and downs during the day - but nothing compared to my taper - not even close. 

There is life after benzos as Baylissa Frederick says and it is wonderful. 

I'm so frustrated.....I went to SA and asked about getting off an extended release ambien pill and they referred me to BB, I feel so stuck.                                      :(

I'm so frustrated.....I went to SA and asked about getting off an extended release ambien pill and they referred me to BB, I feel so stuck.                                      :(

I'm sorry Stella. Many of the seasoned members and mods are no longer there. They used to be much more helpful. If the extended release contains the same amount of medication as the instant release, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to liquefy it and taper it that way.  :)--V

Stella: Extended release pills are NOT  the same as regular pills. They have different chemicals so that you do not get all the drug at one time.  That is why it is extended release.  If you look at your insert when you got your RX you will see it says not to split your pill.  This has been discussed many times on benzo buddies and most say to cut using regular pills.  Rather than asking 'us' please ask your pharmacist who has knowledge of how these drugs work and what you can and cannot do with the pills you have.  Or ask your doctor to RX you regular Ambien. 

yes, I am not cutting the cr ambien...just need to get the 5 mg I guess.  I'm having seizure like sxs right now and can't tell if it Is the v or the ambien....holding on the v after an updose, helped some.  thanks for the reply...the pharmacist told me not to cut the cr and taper the 5 mg in a month or so...doc thinks I can just go off them with no problem, they are out of your sxs in 24 hours...yeah right.

yes, I am not cutting the cr ambien...just need to get the 5 mg I guess.  I'm having seizure like sxs right now and can't tell if it Is the v or the ambien....holding on the v after an updose, helped some.  thanks for the reply...the pharmacist told me not to cut the cr and taper the 5 mg in a month or so...doc thinks I can just go off them with no problem, they are out of your sxs in 24 hours...yeah right.

This is a reply from a physician posted to someone with your question:

There are limited options available to you without seeing your physician. Although the usual method to taper off any drug is to gradually decrease the dose, it is not recommended to cut the Ambien CR in half, because it will interfere with the time release aspect of the drug. A taper of Ambien CR will require either changing to the lower dose of the drug (it is also available as a 6.25 mg strength) or to the immediate release form of Ambien, which can be cut and allow for a more gradual dose reduction.

Another option would be to use an alternate benzodiazepine to substitute for the Ambien.

Heath, if it's muscle pain only, you could try a small cut. I have muscle pain off and on even when holding and I don't think it will completely resolve until I'm finished.  I do have some lessening of pain, but always have muscle stiffness. If all other sxs are gone and you're functional you are probably ok. Just my opinion.  :)--V

thanks guys, I have just been quietly reading...

This is my problem too (i guess) -Im just left with insane abdo cramps and spasms, i think my fatigue and insomnia are related to this... all other sx are gone, many long ago... even the new and recent face and neck burning had a slight GI feel to it...

I cant push through this without adding medication or holding longer...

Thats where im wondering if there can often be one sx that hangs on for dear life... possibly muscle related, or even more so, whatever the persons original presenting problem was...?

-kinda thinking out loud...

Free...

Strong and Brave is written on your hat...

-I crumble after a few days of real bad...

Yet here you are day in day out, reading and posting, joining in on out blogs, supporting us when we are down... -You ROCK Girl...!!!

I just so wish I or Anyone had answers... But i also believe there will be an answer or change, one way or another... -Where there is Will, there is a way... -You have the will...

Stay strong Buddy..

I just

Hi Heath,

You sound read for a small cut.  I think you will be ok.  If I waited until I was 100% symptom free to cut, I would never cut.

Take care

[50...]