Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Valley I am coming up there and raiding your [glow=red,2,300]"GIRLS"[/glow] but if you will behave I will reconsider....... :D :D :D :D :D and you know why...... ::):)

LOL. Cookie (my favorite hen) sat on my lap for about 20 minutes and let my granddaughter pet her today. :)--V

How sweet, my nickname when I was little was cookie, it is a small world....so we now know who rules the roost..... :) Well the good thing is that your Wife knows where you hang out....but would cookie let her pet her I think not, cookie knows the pecking order.... :D:):smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Valley I am coming up there and raiding your [glow=red,2,300]"GIRLS"[/glow] but if you will behave I will reconsider....... :D :D :D :D :D and you know why...... ::):)

LOL. Cookie (my favorite hen) sat on my lap for about 20 minutes and let my granddaughter pet her today. :)--V

How sweet, my nickname when I was little was cookie, it is a small world....so we now know who rules the roost..... :) Well the good thing is that your Wife knows where you hang out....but would cookie let her pet her I think not, cookie knows the pecking order.... :D:):smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You're right.  :thumbsup:

You're right.  :thumbsup:

;D

Just saying hi to my buddies......

Hope everyone is well or coping well.  :smitten:

I think I'm coming out of my latest benzo WD funk.... Hoping so, today feels a little better , it's been a rough week or more.

Once I feel ready to try again with cutting , I need a different strategy. My last attempt was 5/30th's of 1/4 mg V over 10 days. I can't really figure out when the worst WDs hit in terms of how long after , as it was over several days that I started feeling worse and yucky.

I'm thinking I will hold until I feel better , my level of better that is , and then try 1/30th , wait 3 days , try another depending on how I feel.... So hard with V to predict . Would so like to get into a pattern , but have yet to find one.

My nervous system is definitely still very fragile and susceptible to changes , so , I don't know , if I should just hold longer or what....

Anyway , I will report back when I am feeling better and see then about a plan. If that's even possible!

:crazy:

Love , MiYu  :hug:

HI THERE MIYU! 

Glad you are getting out of your latest wd funk. That's good news. You are wise to hold a little longer before trying to cut again. That was always, and still is, my biggest mistake. When I start to feel better, I want so badly to start tapering again and then mess  myself up by starting to cut again, tooooo soooon!

I am beginning to fell better too, but this time I'm holding on. I am at 27 days so really not ready to start tapering again,  but the other thing that is helping me to stay strong with my hold is that a trip to N.J.  to see my sister is three weeks away.  I am hoping to be better and better so my trip will be real good.  Then when I return, I will be at just about 2  months,. That will hopefully be me at a very good place and ready to make a small cut.

Hope you feel better and better MiYu! Remember to take it slow and don't let that benzo devil talk you into rushing ahead. I need to take my own advice too!

Wishing you peace, courage, and continued healing.

Heath :smitten:

Hello dear Heath :smitten:

Glad you are holding on for now and giving yourself some time before your trip ... Very wise.  :thumbsup:

Well. I spoke too soon , today was worse than its been Ina while ...... Whaaaat? I wish I could find some kind of pattern. I don't know if it's supplements or timing or just the ups and downs of my last cuts... Maddening. I had such bad stomach pains and concrete head , weak legs etc , and the burning of course.

I did try and move another 1/2 mg to evening , yesterday , maybe that did it , I don't known, Valium is so unpredictable with its long half life. I didn't sleep as well , and so I think I'll just leave my lunch dose at 2 mg for now , and deal with the fatigue. I want to stabilize!

I also don't know about supplements.... I take quite a few and have been, sometimes I add others , or don't take one, I'm wondering if this could be effecting things, I don't know if it's a good idea to just stop those suddenly either . I suppose it would be simpler to just not take any, but I probably have to taper off those now too!

Valley , I'm not especially accurate with my dose timing , do you think that matters? It can vary from day to day by about and hour sometimes as I like to take V with food. I also break up my doses so that I don't get hit all at once ..... I metabolize pretty fast and V knocks me out.especially the lunchtime one , hence I break it up.

I also get really overheated when I take a dose. So I usually split my doses up , something like this-

8am- 1-1/2 mg( this sends me back to sleep for an hour or so)

10-10.30am ish- 1 mg with breakfast

1.30 pm - 1 mg

2-2.30 ish- 1 mg

6.30pm- 1 mg

7.30-9 pm 2.5 mgs plus the small amount of liquid V

Is this a crazy schedule ? I know Gard you said your doc said to take at the same time every day, I've just never done it. Should I try to be more timely? I didn't think it mattered with V with the long half life, as long as I got the full dose in each day.

Any thoughts anyone on supplements and  timing of doses would be appreciated.

Cantfly- sorry you are getting hit with symptoms too, and thanks for your response re- moving doses.

Welcome new folks to this group!

ATU , we missed you , I wondered where you were, you probably mentioned your trip but I forgot .

Gard , thanks for the fun pics  :) hope you are doing alright  :smitten:

Begood you are a trouble maker, but a wise one and I always appreciate you  :smitten:

Happy for those of you doing well, gives the rest of us hope

Love, MiYu

Yes, I can see how rehoming a rooster could be a problem. What does happen to the excess of roosters? Or don't I want to know?

Actually we found good homes for ours. We had a silkie rooster like the one below. No one wants to kill a silkie. They're cute and very small lol.

1781df2eb1632f7d94fe4eb5e1a1725d.jpg

That is because you have the most privileged, pampered poultry on the planet!

I am currently down to 2.15 ml of Valium a day, and after the most recent cut - about 3/100 of a ml about a week ago - I got hit this morning with nausea, a headache, and exhaustion. I work in a high school, so there are always stomach bugs about, but I am wondering if maybe I am getting low enough in my Valium taper to be re-experiencing the Gabapentin w/d symptoms, which felt very much like this. Except for the headache. I have been generally doing pretty well: I guess I am doing the long-hold-slow-taper thing - and have had more good days than bad. So could this 3/100 of a ml drop be enough to reveal the next layer? I do believe with many on these boards that we are essentially trying to heal our brains biochemically as well as socioemotionally as we taper, and I am taking a bunch of supplements I can truly see helping: magnesium, theanine, biotin, B6, and something called Calm - hoping that as I do this slow taper, my brain is healing and that I can more easily - ver time - handle the reductions....

Any feedback welcome

I was tapering pretty steady for a while.. then I cut from 2 to 1.5 mg V three weeks ago...ugh..  Since then I made a decision to slow down the end of my taper so I could feel better and participate in some things that are important to me coming up,  as well as manage to hang on at work. But it was all I could do not to cut on the first good day I had after 19 bad ones..but I did not cut and on day 21 the two day window closed...  this confirmed to me that my body really needs this slow down.. sounds like you might need one too.  Welcome.

George glad that you found out that nothing is gained rushing, and yes you are going to be tempted to cut, but sometimes it is good to functional and you will, be patient and enjoy your Life. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

:thumbsup:

I'm at a lightening 2.5% per month! I have this on my kitchen counter now! (That's sensible me talking to impatient me.)

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e15/10914597_1405908746373964_1224657733_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=OTA0NDg2NTEwNTk2Mjc2ODk1.2

Just saying hi to my buddies......

Hope everyone is well or coping well.  :smitten:

I think I'm coming out of my latest benzo WD funk.... Hoping so, today feels a little better , it's been a rough week or more.

Once I feel ready to try again with cutting , I need a different strategy. My last attempt was 5/30th's of 1/4 mg V over 10 days. I can't really figure out when the worst WDs hit in terms of how long after , as it was over several days that I started feeling worse and yucky.

I'm thinking I will hold until I feel better , my level of better that is , and then try 1/30th , wait 3 days , try another depending on how I feel.... So hard with V to predict . Would so like to get into a pattern , but have yet to find one.

My nervous system is definitely still very fragile and susceptible to changes , so , I don't know , if I should just hold longer or what....

Anyway , I will report back when I am feeling better and see then about a plan. If that's even possible!

:crazy:

Love , MiYu  :hug:

HI THERE MIYU! 

Glad you are getting out of your latest wd funk. That's good news. You are wise to hold a little longer before trying to cut again. That was always, and still is, my biggest mistake. When I start to feel better, I want so badly to start tapering again and then mess  myself up by starting to cut again, tooooo soooon!

I am beginning to fell better too, but this time I'm holding on. I am at 27 days so really not ready to start tapering again,  but the other thing that is helping me to stay strong with my hold is that a trip to N.J.  to see my sister is three weeks away.  I am hoping to be better and better so my trip will be real good.  Then when I return, I will be at just about 2  months,. That will hopefully be me at a very good place and ready to make a small cut.

Hope you feel better and better MiYu! Remember to take it slow and don't let that benzo devil talk you into rushing ahead. I need to take my own advice too!

Wishing you peace, courage, and continued healing.

Hello dear Heath :smitten:

Glad you are holding on for now and giving yourself some time before your trip ... Very wise.  :thumbsup:

Well. I spoke too soon , today was worse than its been Ina while ...... Whaaaat? I wish I could find some kind of pattern. I don't know if it's supplements or timing or just the ups and downs of my last cuts... Maddening. I had such bad stomach pains and concrete head , weak legs etc , and the burning of course.

I did try and move another 1/2 mg to evening , yesterday , maybe that did it , I don't known, Valium is so unpredictable with its long half life. I didn't sleep as well , and so I think I'll just leave my lunch dose at 2 mg for now , and deal with the fatigue. I want to stabilize!

I also don't know about supplements.... I take quite a few and have been, sometimes I add others , or don't take one, I'm wondering if this could be effecting things, I don't know if it's a good idea to just stop those suddenly either . I suppose it would be simpler to just not take any, but I probably have to taper off those now too!

Valley , I'm not especially accurate with my dose timing , do you think that matters? It can vary from day to day by about and hour sometimes as I like to take V with food. I also break up my doses so that I don't get hit all at once ..... I metabolize pretty fast and V knocks me out.especially the lunchtime one , hence I break it up.

I also get really overheated when I take a dose. So I usually split my doses up , something like this-

8am- 1-1/2 mg( this sends me back to sleep for an hour or so)

10-10.30am ish- 1 mg with breakfast

1.30 pm - 1 mg

2-2.30 ish- 1 mg

6.30pm- 1 mg

7.30-9 pm 2.5 mgs plus the small amount of liquid V

Is this a crazy schedule ? I know Gard you said your doc said to take at the same time every day, I've just never done it. Should I try to be more timely? I didn't think it mattered with V with the long half life, as long as I got the full dose in each day.

Any thoughts anyone on supplements and  timing of doses would be appreciated.

Cantfly- sorry you are getting hit with symptoms too, and thanks for your response re- moving doses.

Welcome new folks to this group!

ATU , we missed you , I wondered where you were, you probably mentioned your trip but I forgot .

Gard , thanks for the fun pics  :) hope you are doing alright  :smitten:

Begood you are a trouble maker, but a wise one and I always appreciate you  :smitten:

Happy for those of you doing well, gives the rest of us hope

Love, MiYu

MiYu, I'm all over the place with my doses. Sometimes I do 3:00 in the morning and again at 11:00AM. Other days I sleep through and dose at 6:30 and again at 3:00 in the afternoon. It hasn't seemed to matter much symptom wise. I believe it's because I'm taking the same amount in a 24 hour time period. Some may have to dose at specific times, but I haven't had any issues.  :)--V

Miyu, I occasionally screw up my doses by an hour, frequently by half an hour. L is as slow as V. I know of people who dose unevenly to get more sleep and don't seem bothered by it. I was much more careful when I was on X. I noticed everything with that monster. >:( Happily, those days are behind me. :)

Gard :smitten:

Thanks V, that's reassuring , it's kind of what I thought with Valium , as long as I keep it in the 24 hour period it shouldn't matter too much.

Miyu, I occasionally screw up my doses by an hour, frequently by half an hour. L is as slow as V. I know of people who dose unevenly to get more sleep and don't seem bothered by it. I was much more careful when I was on X. I noticed everything with that monster. >:( Happily, those days are behind me. :)

Gard :smitten:

Thanks Gard...... I think these longer half life benzos are more forgiving as far as dosing times go  :smitten:

I also agree, am often out by 4-6hours with no prob (I dose 2x day V)...  but if im out by lots for a couple of days i start to feel it...

changing/forgetting a whole dose isnt good for me, and i think its more therapeutic effect than anything... I can be late on my evening dose no prob, but not my morning... -It is the muscle relaxant effect that im needing... could well do without the rest... ie. sedation...

-I often wonder if 4x day would be better for me...

It does my head in...!!!

I also agree, am often out by 4-6hours with no prob (I dose 2x day V)...  but if im out by lots for a couple of days i start to feel it...

changing/forgetting a whole dose isnt good for me, and i think its more therapeutic effect than anything... I can be late on my evening dose no prob, but not my morning... -It is the muscle relaxant effect that im needing... could well do without the rest... ie. sedation...

It does my head in...!!!

Ok.... Good to know thanks Cantfly, 8 + mgs a day really does my head in! That's why I break it up. I wake up pretty much every morning with a start, my body saying' time for your V , so I'm usually pretty on time with the am dose, the rest don't seem to matter so much .....

It does my head in...!!!

Ok.... Good to know thanks Cantfly, 8 + mgs a day really does my head in! That's why I break it up. I wake up pretty much every morning with a start, my body saying' time for your V , so I'm usually pretty on time with the am dose, the rest don't seem to matter so much .....

Lol, Same, I never forget my morning dose... -even if my 9pm is taken at 3am...

I had the stupid idea of going back to one evening dose a week ago to help sleep and reduce day fatigue... ooops... -I only did it for one dose... no rinse repeat on that one...

The similarities are interesting...

Thanks V, that's reassuring , it's kind of what I thought with Valium , as long as I keep it in the 24 hour period it shouldn't matter too much.

I agree. I only dose once a day at bedtime. And that can be anywhere from 11:00 at night to 2:00 am when I can't sleep. It has never made a difference in side effects or anything else.IMO,  Like V said, as long as you get the same dose within the 24 hour time period It really does not matter.

MiYu,

I have forgotten doses on many occasions and as long as I take them in the same day I have not had any problems. Certainly no big problems anyway. My body has a way of alerting me that hey, your feeling a bit weird did you forget to take your dose? So I'm sure this is quite universal.

Also I have been in very stable condition and then something happens like a death in the family or even most recently when my sons dog got hit by a car and he had to put her down. Then I get exaggerated feelings of dread.

These life issues and dramas can shake the otherwise calm out of any of us even when completely stable. The unshakable constitution I believe only comes back to us once off and healed. So it is normal to feel these type of dramas as unsettling while tapering. Knowing this gives us some measure of peace and some level of calm in knowing we will return to normal stability soon.

Try not to overthink stuff like late doses or what's is that I'm feeling etc. This continued looking inside for changes or sensations can only serve to cause anxiety then fear then more anxiety. The cycle starts and before long we are beside ourselves and have another time of raised negative feelings and sensations. We really do create most of these ourselves by looking inside and constantly watching for even the mildest of changes to what we can pick up on body sensation wise.

Relax as best you can during this process and ignore the sensations, I even sometimes see them and laugh at them. I tell myself over and over, these sensations are disturbing but not dangerous.

In time and with practice you become immune to much of what is and has to go on to get through this.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

MiYu,

I have forgotten doses on many occasions and as long as I take them in the same day I have not had any problems. Certainly no big problems anyway. My body has a way of alerting me that hey, your feeling a bit weird did you forget to take your dose? So I'm sure this is quite universal.

Also I have been in very stable condition and then something happens like a death in the family or even most recently when my sons dog got hit by a car and he had to put her down. Then I get exaggerated feelings of dread.

These life issues and dramas can shake the otherwise calm out of any of us even when completely stable. The unshakable constitution I believe only comes back to us once off and healed. So it is normal to feel these type of dramas as unsettling while tapering. Knowing this gives us some measure of peace and some level of calm in knowing we will return to normal stability soon.

Try not to overthink stuff like late doses or what's is that I'm feeling etc. This continued looking inside for changes or sensations can only serve to cause anxiety then fear then more anxiety. The cycle starts and before long we are beside ourselves and have another time of raised negative feelings and sensations. We really do create most of these ourselves by looking inside and constantly watching for even the mildest of changes to what we can pick up on body sensation wise.

Relax as best you can during this process and ignore the sensations, I even sometimes see them and laugh at them. I tell myself over and over, these sensations are disturbing but not dangerous.

In time and with practice you become immune to much of what is and has to go on to get through this.

ATU 🙏

ATU glad to see you are getting your groove back, you are an asset to BB. :thumbsup::smitten:

MiYu,

ATU 🙏

ATU glad to see you are getting your groove back, you are an asset to BB. :thumbsup::smitten:

I second that!  :thumbsup:

Feeling a bit better today - but I am def in the camp of going slow and keeping my life together

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten:

MiYu,

ATU 🙏

Begood,

Thanks for that.

Even though I can usually keep it all together I can still get into the depths of the dulldrems from time to time.

Its good to be able to come here for support from all you good people who actually know what it is like.

:smitten: :smitten:

ATU 🙏

MiYu,

ATU 🙏

Begood,

Thanks for that.

Even though I can usually keep it all together I can still get into the depths of the dulldrems from time to time.

Its good to be able to come here for support from all you good people who actually know what it is like.

:smitten: :smitten:

ATU 🙏

You have helped me, by reading your posts to others and knowing that this too shall Pass. :thumbsup::smitten:

Missing doses and not feeling too bad seems pretty common with slow metabolizers. I read up a lot on it when I found out I was a super fast metabolizer. The research said slow metabolizers were actually the most successful with " treatment" which included both taking benzos and sticking to a taper. They didnt use those words but I got the gist. It was in a 23 and me related link which only showed for paid subscribers or I would post it. But it said if you miss doses and dont even know you are likely normal to slow or slow and your chances are the best. People like me that are on the other end get hit fast, even with valium and it says we are less successful but I dont think that includes the " workarounds" you find out about on benzobuddies. With adjusted dosing times and slower tapers we can be like " normal" metabolizers and do just fine- we just have to work a little harder at it!

[9c...]