Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Miyu, sorry you are feeling yuck again.    hang in there. 

I'm sorry I never got back to you about the ambien, mine is a controlled release tab and cannot be cut, so I am puzzled as to how to get rid of it...have posted a few times, but not much response, but thanks for thinking of me.....wondering what the equivalent of 6.25 mg of ambien is to v. and maybe cross over like v mentioned.  I just feel puzzled because how do I cross over when you can't cut the cr pills? one person said I could cut them, on a facebook page, but everyone else has said absolutely not.  UGH!!!  they help me sleep, but I know I get a lot of withdrawal from them during the day especially at nite, and now I am not sleeping so hot either.  oh well, venting away here. 

sounds like you are feeling better v, glad to hear it.  hugs to all

Stellabee .... I'm not sure I understand the slow release ambien ,but can't you switch to regular ambien and taper that? I think of you google you might find an ambien to V equivelant chart somewhere ......

Hope you can find some solution soon  :hug:

Yes, If possible with your Dr, this would be my thought too...??

Sorry I've missed a lot today. Looks like nova fillled in for me with the list.  :). I had meetings all day and missed all the fun.  :laugh:

Let me repeat I hate those slimy snails........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :phone::police::muscle::boxer::yippee::boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer: :boxer::stretcher::phone::police:

Wouldn't the chickens kindly eat the snails for BG, V? Or do they just eat the insects?

Gee, I never thought about it but they do eat worms so I would bet they would eat a snail if it was dumb enough to pop its head out of its shell.  :laugh:

How about slugs, too? Send them to my garden! I lost all my peppers last year! >:(

OK... -NO EATING SLIMEY BUDDIES... OMG poor Nova...

Stellabee,

I am just about positive that you can not cut slow release ambien. From what I know, any slow release pill has special coatings that release the strength of the pill in small increments. If you cut a slow release pill, all the medicne will be released at once and that may be too much.

Hope that helps.

Heath  :)

Miyu, sorry you are feeling yuck again.    hang in there. 

I'm sorry I never got back to you about the ambien, mine is a controlled release tab and cannot be cut, so I am puzzled as to how to get rid of it...have posted a few times, but not much response, but thanks for thinking of me.....wondering what the equivalent of 6.25 mg of ambien is to v. and maybe cross over like v mentioned.  I just feel puzzled because how do I cross over when you can't cut the cr pills? one person said I could cut them, on a facebook page, but everyone else has said absolutely not.  UGH!!!  they help me sleep, but I know I get a lot of withdrawal from them during the day especially at nite, and now I am not sleeping so hot either.  oh well, venting away here. 

sounds like you are feeling better v, glad to hear it.  hugs to all

Hi SB  :hug: I'm not saying to do it, but  I have tapered slow release drugs by cutting them and I had no problems getting off of them at all, neither did I get too much at one time, it would have  been different if I was just crushing a WHOLE pill  and taking it all at the same time to make the effects come on faster .

But when I was halving or  quartering of  them all I was doing was subtracting ex-amount the same as dry cutting a non slow release and taking my daily doses that way, one was Oxycontin 80mg's and the other was Dihydrocodine  60mg's which are both strong opiate painkillers. And I also did it with Citalopram (brand names: Celexa, Cipramil ) which is an  SSRI antidepressant drug, and  I did it more than once with some of them over the years.

There maybe others but I can't remember but what I am saying is nothing bad happened to me and I was able to get fo these drugs with tiny blips nothing so bad I couldn't go about my normal life, wish I could say the same about the evil Benzos  :( But if I had them in a slow release version and wasn't able to get a different one I would do the same again, the other thing I did was get the lower dose versions when I was able, but if I could only get the high dose I did it anyway .

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I also cut, crushed... 80 oxyies-SR with no prob...

But I think their release method is due to the matrix that the active opiates are embeded in, making it hard to extract and inject...

Im pretty sure it was builder that responded to this subject a while ago, explaining a possible different method of slow release that made some SR meds unsuitable to cut...

Im not sure about this at all, -I just recall the topic...

Perhaps if it were builder, a recap might be of benifit...

Perhaps I got it all wrong, and it was about using SR tablets for liquid titration...?

Sorry for lack of details...

I also cut, crushed... 80 oxyies-SR with no prob...

But I think their release method is due to the matrix that the active opiates are embeded in, making it hard to extract and inject...

Im pretty sure it was builder that responded to this subject a while ago, explaining a possible different method of slow release that made some SR meds unsuitable to cut...

Im not sure about this at all, -I just recall the topic...

Perhaps if it were builder, a recap might be of benifit...

Perhaps I got it all wrong, and it was about using SR tablets for liquid titration...?

Sorry for lack of details...

Hi CF  :hug: after thinking about it a bit more I did do it with various anti depressants  besides the SSRI, Trazadone was another one, but I can't remember the name of all of them as there were so many, like many on BB, I was poly drugged after Benzo withdrwal was misdiagnosed as ''Manic depression'' that's seriously a common misdiagnosis on here.

But I was never ''Manic'' I was having intermittent hallucinations that I was very aware and calm about  as I knew logically they shouldn't be happening but I had no idea why. And now  get day's when I want to kick the female psychiatric Dr that misdiagnosed me right in the baby portal!! >:(

Her one mistake ruined my life for over 30 years, then was aided and abetted by other Dr's who saw what she had diagnosed followed by physical misdiagnosis for years as well, and to think I believed it all that time?

If it wasn't for PC' the internet, and years of self research I'd probably be a brain damaged dribbling wreak locked away for life some where. I want that taken off my Medical records but I'm in no fit state to do anything about it right now, and the last time I was able to physically go to see my GP 3 years ago the ditzy cow looked at me like I was ''mental'' and said she had no idea how I go about getting it taken off my medical records.

And when I asked her over the phone to write me a letter regarding the way a neighbour problem was effecting my physical well being ( symptoms) she wrote that I had a ''mental illness' and I ''think'' the situations affecting me. See what I mean? right up until this day everything's being blamed on my''mental illness'' I never @!%^)(*?"!><%$#@! had to begin with but the Medical profession is making me nuts!! @!%^)(*?"!><%$#@! 

Anyway rant over, its not helping me at all ,my brain is battered  :D :D  :D I personally as I stated would give it a go cutting  up with any pill I couldn't get a substitute for to get off it  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova, If push came to shove, I would probably :) do the same...

But if SB could possibly get non SR tablets, that would be ideal (though i know its not an ideal world).

And I may well be wrong, but i had to atleast mention that i might have heard of issues... -lets hope im wrong, as that would mean more meds available for tapering...

Best wishes,

Keep up the good fight...

Stellabee, I was just perusing the net on tapering ambien cr. It seems the consensus is that it is best to switch to immediate release if possible. If not, a cross to Valium might alleviate any severe withdrawals. It would probably have to be a quick crossover though. I hope you can get something figured out.  :)--V

Hi Valley Our Esteemed Leader of All. How are you doing, feeling any better or worse? and who is catering to the [glow=red,2,300]"GIRLS"[/glow], you know they like your lap and your long talks.....and need to be wanted to lay many eggs. :angel:::):angel:. Be well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Valley Our Esteemed Leader of All. How are you doing, feeling any better or worse? and who is catering to the [glow=red,2,300]"GIRLS"[/glow], you know they like your lap and your long talks.....and need to be wanted to lay many eggs. :angel:::):angel:. Be well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi BG. Finally feeling better today after over 2 weeks of a sinus infection. Worked all day today without the ear and head pressure. I sat out with the girls today. They do like to jump up a,d sit on my lap lol. How are you? :)--V

Hi BG. Finally feeling better today after over 2 weeks of a sinus infection. Worked all day today without the ear and head pressure. I sat out with the girls today. They do like to jump up a,d sit on my lap lol. How are you? :)--V

Glad to hear you have made a good recovery, two weeks is a long time, but being able to work all day is great, be sure to keep warm and be good to yourself, you do not want a relapse. and yes the [glow=red,2,300]"Girls"[/glow] love to sit on your lap, jeez I see why you do not want to part with them..... :). I am doing well thanks next Thur I start my 10 day taper again, a month goes by fast here at BB. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Glad you are better V.

Glad the forum is back and working too. Didn't know how much I'd miss it when it wasn't there. But I did! Glad they fixed whatever was broken!

Heath ;)

Glad you are better V.

Glad the forum is back and working too. Didn't know how much I'd miss it when it wasn't there. But I did! Glad they fixed whatever was broken!

Heath ;)

Same thoughts here, missed it and know that I need to come here still. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Just saying hi to my buddies......

Hope everyone is well or coping well.  :smitten:

I think I'm coming out of my latest benzo WD funk.... Hoping so, today feels a little better , it's been a rough week or more.

Once I feel ready to try again with cutting , I need a different strategy. My last attempt was 5/30th's of 1/4 mg V over 10 days. I can't really figure out when the worst WDs hit in terms of how long after , as it was over several days that I started feeling worse and yucky.

I'm thinking I will hold until I feel better , my level of better that is , and then try 1/30th , wait 3 days , try another depending on how I feel.... So hard with V to predict . Would so like to get into a pattern , but have yet to find one.

My nervous system is definitely still very fragile and susceptible to changes , so , I don't know , if I should just hold longer or what....

Anyway , I will report back when I am feeling better and see then about a plan. If that's even possible!

:crazy:

Love , MiYu  :hug:

A question - my lunchtime dose makes me feel horrible , it just seems to be the worst time of day for me to take V. I hate feeling so ' doped' in the middle of the day.

I have already moved 1/2 mg of it to evening.... And want to move more... I now take 2 mg at lunch. How slowly does anyone think I should manage this? 1/4 mg at a time maybe? I will probably keep 1 mg at lunch. I just don't want to bring on any disturbances to my nervous system that I can avoid if possible .

Thank you !  :)

I hold 3 weeks every taper and have been tapering 1 mg each time.  I am down to 20 mg Valium now after over a year (how do I change my stats at the bottom?) I think I will taper 1/2 mg and hold until comfortable but do it more frequently than 3 weeks.  II want to get to 10 Valium so badly.  Mostly so my pharmacist stops refusing to fill my rx's.  This is a fabulous thread.  I was on 8 mg Ativan from 3 (took 23 yrs).  The Valium crossover was easy.  Was happy to get off the Ativan finally.  I am on 20 Valium now. Is the final quarter the toughest?  What should I expect?  Up until now I experience SSE for about 3 days after taper then it begins to even out.

Well, for now, I think I found a way to cure my withdrawal headaches. Since aspirin, tylenol, Alleve don't do anything for me. And even fiorinal or fioricet only works for about an hour, and I really don't want to start making a habit of popping those pills!... I have started to put on my neck collar when I get a headache. It seems to be working so far. Hope it's not a follow. Hope the collar continues to work. I'm thinking the headaches are a result of muscle tension in my neck. Probably will never know! But for now.. goody! Even if people stare at me when I have the neck collar on. At least I'm not putting more pills into my body, especially if they don't work on this kind of headache anyway!

Just blabbing and venting, sorry,

Heath :o

I think I'm coming out of my latest benzo WD funk.... Hoping so, today feels a little better , it's been a rough week or more.

Once I feel ready to try again with cutting , I need a different strategy. My last attempt was 5/30th's of 1/4 mg V over 10 days. I can't really figure out when the worst WDs hit in terms of how long after , as it was over several days that I started feeling worse and yucky.

I'm thinking I will hold until I feel better , my level of better that is , and then try 1/30th , wait 3 days , try another depending on how I feel.... So hard with V to predict . Would so like to get into a pattern , but have yet to find one.

My nervous system is definitely still very fragile and susceptible to changes , so , I don't know , if I should just hold longer or what....

Anyway , I will report back when I am feeling better and see then about a plan. If that's even possible!

HI THERE MIYU! 

Glad you are getting out of your latest wd funk. That's good news. You are wise to hold a little longer before trying to cut again. That was always, and still is, my biggest mistake. When I start to feel better, I want so badly to start tapering again and then mess  myself up by starting to cut again, tooooo soooon!

I am beginning to fell better too, but this time I'm holding on. I am at 27 days so really not ready to start tapering again,  but the other thing that is helping me to stay strong with my hold is that a trip to N.J.  to see my sister is three weeks away.  I am hoping to be better and better so my trip will be real good.  Then when I return, I will be at just about 2  months,. That will hopefully be me at a very good place and ready to make a small cut.

Hope you feel better and better MiYu! Remember to take it slow and don't let that benzo devil talk you into rushing ahead. I need to take my own advice too!

Wishing you peace, courage, and continued healing.

Heath :smitten:

I hold 3 weeks every taper and have been tapering 1 mg each time.  I am down to 20 mg Valium now after over a year (how do I change my stats at the bottom?) I think I will taper 1/2 mg and hold until comfortable but do it more frequently than 3 weeks.  II want to get to 10 Valium so badly.  Mostly so my pharmacist stops refusing to fill my rx's.  This is a fabulous thread.  I was on 8 mg Ativan from 3 (took 23 yrs).  The Valium crossover was easy.  Was happy to get off the Ativan finally.  I am on 20 Valium now. Is the final quarter the toughest?  What should I expect?  Up until now I experience SSE for about 3 days after taper then it begins to even out.

HI THERE KACZKA! And welcome  :)

Yes, you are right,  :thumbsup:  this isa fabulous thread! :thumbsup:

Great support and lots of activity. Lots of silly stuff to brighten your day too!  I'm sure you will get lots of good responses and help with your inquiries.

I can't give much advice on tapering scheduling since everyone's body is different and everyone tolerates cuts and holds differently. Also, because I am still making mistakes with my own taper, but the more experienced buddies will chime in and help you out I'm sure.

But to answer one of your questions, i can tell you with no doubt at all that unfortunately for most people the tapering does get harder when you get down close to that last mg. But don't despair! If you have  patience, and keep your cuts small, and hold long enough between your cuts, so your CNS has time to heal and catch up to your cuts before you start cutting again, you will be ok.. The main thing that I have learned  from the buddies that are much wiser than I am, is to listen to your body, when your wdsx ramp up, hold until your body lets you know it's ok to cut again.  Don't rush ahead when your wdsx are ramping up! Slow down and hold!

Again, welcome! Wishing you peace, healing, strength, courage, and  an easy taper.

Heath :) :)

Hi All...

Ho Kaczka...

-Forum profile, is where you can change your sig... -up the top under profile... remember to click change, after...

Good to see Valley and MiYu, feeling a bit better, -much deserved... -and anyone i missed in my brain chaos...

Well, I thought things were starting to settle out... -instead I got a free gift of some new sx to complement the old... Valium, the gift that just keeps on giving... -my first face and neck burning...

-and no, -im not sharing... mine, mine, mine...

:)

Though, if anyone wants my abdo cramps... -free postage to anywhere...

Oh, MiYu, I have found that any moving of multiple or daily doses hit me hard... so yes, nice n slow might be best...? Sorry, not much of a helpfull answer...

My best to all...

HI THERE KACZKA! And welcome  :)

Yes, you are right,  :thumbsup:  this isa fabulous thread! :thumbsup:

Great support and lots of activity. Lots of silly stuff to brighten your day too!  I'm sure you will get lots of good responses and help with your inquiries.

I can't give much advice on tapering scheduling since everyone's body is different and everyone tolerates cuts and holds differently. Also, because I am still making mistakes with my own taper, but the more experienced buddies will chime in and help you out I'm sure.

But to answer one of your questions, i can tell you with no doubt at all that unfortunately for most people the tapering does get harder when you get down close to that last mg. But don't despair! If you have  patience, and keep your cuts small, and hold long enough between your cuts, so your CNS has time to heal and catch up to your cuts before you start cutting again, you will be ok.. The main thing that I have learned  from the buddies that are much wiser than I am, is to listen to your body, when your wdsx ramp up, hold until your body lets you know it's ok to cut again.  Don't rush ahead when your wdsx are ramping up! Slow down and hold!

Again, welcome! Wishing you peace, healing, strength, courage, and  an easy taper.

Heath :) :)

Excellent advice Heath :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: you sound in a good Accepting mode, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

CT, so sorry you have the burning, hopefully it will not reside for very long, you said it in a Nutshell Valium the drug that keeps on "Giving", it is a truly horrid drug and it does not want to be messed with. But you are a strong person and I know that you will deal with it and will find a way to get rid of it if possible. Stay Strong.. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi MiYu. I'm finding it trial and error to find the right cutting pattern. I am now cutting .05mg every 5 days. It seems to be working better than cutting 10 days and then holding. It is a slow pace but I feel a lot better.  We just have to keep experimenting when one thing stops working and move to another.  :)--V

Hi kaczka and welcome! Heath gave great advice. As lo,g as you listen to your body, go slow and hold when needed, you should be fine.  :)--V

[14...]