Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Yeah, I think I am going to skip that whole mthfr thing too, ( everytime I type that I have to laugh a little, )....I'm on day 46 of my hold, not much improvement, but I was seizing all day and now only about 4 times a day, but dealing with a lot of nausea and getting too skinny, my throat an stomach spasm so much, and I stress out about the z drug., but don't think it would be good to do two drugs at once.  I'm so glad that some of you guys are feeling better, hope your cold is better V, I too enjoy this group, don't understand too much about putting pictures on, probably wouldn't work, cause my little guys don't either and I don't want to change browsers....so I feel kind boring, but I still love coming on there and reading your jokes.  Nova, thanks for the article about the m gene, I think it is so complicated and there seem to be just as many who don't experience help and those that do, just like everything else,and we are retired and don't have $ to throw around on useless stuff.        Ohhhhhhh, Begood, I don't like slimy things either, I'll stick with the turtles and chickens with you.....hugs and thoughts........:) 

Stella I finally figured out why you giggle when typing mthfr ;D. Glad things are changing perhaps slowly, but this process takes time, MiYu and Heath have had some good results and I think the same is going to happen for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks Begood, I am surely thinking good thoughts and prayers about it.  glad you figured out my giggle, it made me think of that right away....:)/    Thanks for the encouragement v and bg....much needed right now......much love and hugs....stella bee....

Hey Gang!

Reading and following but not posting much.  Liquid taper is going well - not symptom free but very tolerable.

I, too, am glad I found this group (almost a year ago!!).  I think there is too much pressure to push through and get off quickly.  Some of it is subtle, some not so.  I held 8 months BEFORE even finding BB.  It just seemed the common sense thing to do.  No doctor (or anyone else) told me to do it.  Since I wasn't here I had no reason to fear a hold and no pressure.

Anyway, off the soapbox.  I'm hoping that everyone is feeling better and the down days are fewer and fewer.

Hi Lynn,

I agree.  I am also happy to have found this wonderful group. 

I am so glad to hear you are doing well!! 

Enjoy the evening

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Has been an interesting week for me, missing a dose and all...  But it sure helped solidify my options, and help define whats what. My temporary drop in V brought on symptoms that seemed much more opiate like, than benzo... ofcorse a very personal situation and never quite clearly defined...  But it confirmed that im not just holding for benzo, and to push on down anytime soon would be pointless...

So all in all, -Happy to just hold and heal...

-if i get any silly ideas in the forseable future, pls remind me of this post... :)

Hope everyone is feeling that bit better...

Best Wishes...

Not to worry I will be on you like [glow=red,2,300]"Bee's on Honey"[/glow]......I never forget anything..... ::):smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thanks BG, i know you WILL remember... -and you are ever so gentle with that big stick of yours... :)

lynn, so true... -not to take away from the rest of BB, but this is one of the SPECIAL places... thanks to everyone here...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love all ya chickens, sloths, and turtles, too. Your craziness keeps me sane!

Wishing everyone a window-ful Friday. :)

Gard :smitten:

Ps.I believe that the "TURTLE"has been here for a very long time, then came the chicken and then that sloth thingy.... :2funny:

That WHAT thingy?

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/Q-Z/sloth-beach-upside-down.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

"TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE"...... >:D:angel:>:D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm surprised nobody has dragged the snail into this.

Yucky do not like slithering thingys worms, snails, slugs, snakes eeeeeh :nono: :nono: :nono:

Me either!!    :'( :'(

I'm surprised nobody has dragged the snail into this.

Yucky do not like slithering thingys worms, snails, slugs, snakes eeeeeh :nono: :nono: :nono:

Adorable!!!

mother-snail-baby-snail.jpg

Oh dear me and I thought you and I were Friends...... :stretcher::sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick::stretcher:

But the baby is so cute!

:thumbsup:

Oh yes, BG, Anne, I only meant for you to notice the BABY! :hug:

Yeah, I think I am going to skip that whole mthfr thing too, ( everytime I type that I have to laugh a little, )....I'm on day 46 of my hold, not much improvement, but I was seizing all day and now only about 4 times a day, but dealing with a lot of nausea and getting too skinny, my throat an stomach spasm so much, and I stress out about the z drug., but don't think it would be good to do two drugs at once.  I'm so glad that some of you guys are feeling better, hope your cold is better V, I too enjoy this group, don't understand too much about putting pictures on, probably wouldn't work, cause my little guys don't either and I don't want to change browsers....so I feel kind boring, but I still love coming on there and reading your jokes.  Nova, thanks for the article about the m gene, I think it is so complicated and there seem to be just as many who don't experience help and those that do, just like everything else,and we are retired and don't have $ to throw around on useless stuff.        Ohhhhhhh, Begood, I don't like slimy things either, I'll stick with the turtles and chickens with you.....hugs and thoughts........:) 

46 days is definitely short when dealing with Valium.  It sounds like things are calming down and that's a good thing.  :thumbsup:

Agreeing with V; I took much longer than 46 days to improve. (L is a slow benzo like V.) 3-4 months to see improvement and 6 months to stabilize and start to get my life somewhat back. I'm glad you are at least seeing a bit of improvement. I think that's a good sign that you are healing. Hang in there!

Best friends.  :laugh:

http://img.memecdn.com/snail-and-turtle_o_415710.jpg

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

"And, also very true, isn't it?" my sensible brain says to my benzo brain.

Hey Gang!

Reading and following but not posting much.  Liquid taper is going well - not symptom free but very tolerable.

I, too, am glad I found this group (almost a year ago!!).  I think there is too much pressure to push through and get off quickly.  Some of it is subtle, some not so.  I held 8 months BEFORE even finding BB.  It just seemed the common sense thing to do.  No doctor (or anyone else) told me to do it.  Since I wasn't here I had no reason to fear a hold and no pressure.

Anyway, off the soapbox.  I'm hoping that everyone is feeling better and the down days are fewer and fewer.

Hi Lynn,

I agree.  I am also happy to have found this wonderful group. 

I am so glad to hear you are doing well!! 

Enjoy the evening

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stella I finally figured out why you giggle when typing mthfr ;D. Glad things are changing perhaps slowly, but this process takes time, MiYu and Heath have had some good results and I think the same is going to happen for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Haha ... I just got the giggle too! I've been looking at MTHFR for a couple of years now and never noticed .....  :laugh:.....

Stellabee..... How much ambien are you taking? I couldn't figure out from your sig.

I just want you to know that I had no trouble myself coming off ambien . I did go slow , and really only noticed when I couldn't sleep, otherwise I didn't think about it. It was nothing like benzo WD , for me at anyrate. Saying this in the hope of easing your concerns.... I hope things improve much more for you very soon. It's taken 5 months for me to feel a bit better. And I still feel very small cuts of the V,  but I have stabilized quite a bit from holding .  :hug:

MiYu

Haha ... I just got the giggle too! I've been looking at MTHFR for a couple of years now and never noticed .....  :laugh:.....

MiYu

I must have a warped mind, because that was the first thing I noticed! :laugh:

MiYu

We're both warped then Gard  :hug: as that was the first thing I thought it stood for the very first time I saw it ages ago  :D :D :D

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu

First thing I noticed - thought it was a term of endearment for this particular issue. :laugh:

MiYu

First thing I noticed - thought it was a term of endearment for this particular issue. :laugh:

Well Lynn you are usually spot on, but like yesterday I did not see that baby slithering thing at all, so needless to say  the initials went straight over my head. Oh well. ::)

MiYu

Well Lynn you are usually spot on, but like yesterday I did not see that baby slithering thing at all, so needless to say  the initials went straight over my head. Oh well. ::)

Well BG, I guess we can conclude that your mind is firmly "out of the gutter" :laugh: :laugh:

MiYu

Well BG, I guess we can conclude that your mind is firmly "out of the gutter" :laugh: :laugh:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ::):smitten:

MiYu

Me too gard. It's an apt name for a mutation though.  :)--V

You guys are all so funny! A whole thread of comedians this morning!

http://comps.canstockphoto.com/can-stock-photo_csp29550752.jpg

V, thanks for this. It's perfect.

Today starts a scheduled hold week for me,

so I have printed this and put it on my bathroom mirror.

I will hold. I will hold. I will hold... :laugh:

http://img.memecdn.com/snail-and-turtle_o_415710.jpg

I have been cutting every two weeks for a while now, but I could not cut this past Thursday...  I just seemed to be getting worse Mon-Thurs.  I am just steady with pretty bad brain fog and some dizziness, depression, loud tinnitus, and insomnia the last couple days. 

I am rethinking the end of my taper, and I think as much as I don't want to.. I need to slow it down.  Also, I live in North Florida and I want to go help my daughter (with two small kids, a husband and 5 dogs) move from Buffalo to Charlotte in April...about 6 weeks from now.  It will be a physically demanding effort..but an adventure non the less.  I also have another important life event in early May.  Also I work (often 6 days a week) so there will be no down time for me anywhere in here.

I am thinking of cutting to 1 mg V next Thursday (provided I stay stable) and then just holding for the move and the May event.. so if I do that I will be 6 to 8 weeks at 1 mg before I cut to .5 in mid-Mayish.  I have enough valium (146 mg)  left to do that without asking my Dr for more. 

I am feeling so oddly indecisive and I am not sure why except that I really just want to be done with benzos at the same time I want to be well and have my life ..  What do ya'll think

[92...]