Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I love all ya chickens, sloths, and turtles, too. Your craziness keeps me sane!

Wishing everyone a window-ful Friday. :)

Gard :smitten:

Ps.I believe that the "TURTLE"has been here for a very long time, then came the chicken and then that sloth thingy.... :2funny:

Hey Gang!

Reading and following but not posting much.  Liquid taper is going well - not symptom free but very tolerable.

I, too, am glad I found this group (almost a year ago!!).  I think there is too much pressure to push through and get off quickly.  Some of it is subtle, some not so.  I held 8 months BEFORE even finding BB.  It just seemed the common sense thing to do.  No doctor (or anyone else) told me to do it.  Since I wasn't here I had no reason to fear a hold and no pressure.

Anyway, off the soapbox.  I'm hoping that everyone is feeling better and the down days are fewer and fewer.

Hey Gang!

Reading and following but not posting much.  Liquid taper is going well - not symptom free but very tolerable.

I, too, am glad I found this group (almost a year ago!!).  I think there is too much pressure to push through and get off quickly.  Some of it is subtle, some not so.  I held 8 months BEFORE even finding BB.  It just seemed the common sense thing to do.  No doctor (or anyone else) told me to do it.  Since I wasn't here I had no reason to fear a hold and no pressure.

Anyway, off the soapbox.  I'm hoping that everyone is feeling better and the down days are fewer and fewer.

Lynn I am the same already knew that I was going to hold whenever and it has been the best thing I ever decided, the second best thing was finding BB and getting into a Great Group of like minded caring buddies that know that something as simple of "Holding" is a true Godsend.  :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Hey Gang!

Lynn I am the same already knew that I was going to hold whenever and it has been the best thing I ever decided, the second best thing was finding BB and getting into a Great Group of like minded caring buddies that know that something as simple of "Holding" is a true Godsend.  :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup:

Holding is definitely th way to go. Unfortunately many don't have the patience and let the anxiety get to them without giving a long hold a chance. I almost gave in at 6 weeks into my long hold. That would have been a disaster. Good thing I've been studying chickens and adopting their chicken-ness.  :laugh:

Ps.I believe that the "TURTLE"has been here for a very long time, then came the chicken and then that sloth thingy.... :2funny:

That WHAT thingy?

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/Q-Z/sloth-beach-upside-down.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

Hi everyone,

Has been an interesting week for me, missing a dose and all...  But it sure helped solidify my options, and help define whats what. My temporary drop in V brought on symptoms that seemed much more opiate like, than benzo... ofcorse a very personal situation and never quite clearly defined...  But it confirmed that im not just holding for benzo, and to push on down anytime soon would be pointless...

So all in all, -Happy to just hold and heal...

-if i get any silly ideas in the forseable future, pls remind me of this post... :)

Hope everyone is feeling that bit better...

Best Wishes...

Hi everyone,

Has been an interesting week for me, missing a dose and all...  But it sure helped solidify my options, and help define whats what. My temporary drop in V brought on symptoms that seemed much more opiate like, than benzo... ofcorse a very personal situation and never quite clearly defined...  But it confirmed that im not just holding for benzo, and to push on down anytime soon would be pointless...

-if i get any silly ideas in the forseable future, pls remind me of this post... :)

Best Wishes...

Not to worry I will be on you like [glow=red,2,300]"Bee's on Honey"[/glow]......I never forget anything..... ::):smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi everyone,

Best Wishes...

Not to worry I will be on you like [glow=red,2,300]"Bee's on Honey"[/glow]......I never forget anything..... ::):smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Yes, one more nice thing about this great group.  We can come here in times of question or doubt and get some often needed input - objective second look at things. :thumbsup:

Hey Gang!

Holding is definitely th way to go. Unfortunately many don't have the patience and let the anxiety get to them without giving a long hold a chance. I almost gave in at 6 weeks into my long hold. That would have been a disaster. Good thing I've been studying chickens and adopting their chicken-ness.  :laugh:

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Best Wishes...

Thanks BG, i know you WILL remember... -and you are ever so gentle with that big stick of yours... :)

lynn, so true... -not to take away from the rest of BB, but this is one of the SPECIAL places... thanks to everyone here...

Hi everyone,

Best Wishes...

Thanks BG, i know you WILL remember... -and you are ever so gentle with that big stick of yours... :)

lynn, so true... -not to take away from the rest of BB, but this is one of the SPECIAL places... thanks to everyone here...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That WHAT thingy?

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/kids/photos/animals/Mammals/Q-Z/sloth-beach-upside-down.jpg.adapt.945.1.jpg

"TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE TURTLE"...... >:D:angel:>:D:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That WHAT thingy?

I'm surprised nobody has dragged the snail into this.

That WHAT thingy?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :crazy:

That WHAT thingy?

Yucky do not like slithering thingys worms, snails, slugs, snakes eeeeeh :nono: :nono: :nono:

Hi everyone,

Best Wishes...

Oh the silly ideas can get rampant. I have first hand knowledge of this as do most others in this group I think..... Just make sure you don't hide out with them..... They can be very tricky in my experience and so convincing.

If I had a printer I'd print out the collection of quotes about long holds that Valley put together . I think I'll get someone to do that for me... It's always such a good reminder.

( it's on page 604, I imprinted that in my brain so I can refer to it)

Hope you feel better with holding Cantfly. You too Heath. And anyone else having too many symptoms.

Hi Valley , Begood, Lynn , Gard, Anne, Nova, and any other turtles , chicks and sloths I may have missed ( got that order right now Begood :o)

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Hi everyone,

Best Wishes...

Oh the silly ideas can get rampant. I have first hand knowledge of this as do most others in this group I think..... Just make sure you don't hide out with them..... They can be very tricky in my experience and so convincing.

If I had a printer I'd print out the collection of quotes about long holds that Valley put together . I think I'll get someone to do that for me... It's always such a good reminder.

( it's on page 604, I imprinted that in my brain so I can refer to it)

Hope you feel better with holding Cantfly. You too Heath. And anyone else having too many symptoms.

Hi Valley , Begood, Lynn , Gard, Anne, Nova, and any other turtles , chicks and sloths I may have missed ( got that order right now Begood :o)

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Very Smart Lady, I likey. :smitten: Yes I think that list of quotes is really good when doing your long hold, we all need to read the good things that others before us have felt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yucky do not like slithering thingys worms, snails, slugs, snakes eeeeeh :nono: :nono: :nono:

Adorable!!!

mother-snail-baby-snail.jpg

Adorable!!!

Oh dear me and I thought you and I were Friends...... :stretcher::sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick::stretcher:

Adorable!!!

Oh dear me and I thought you and I were Friends...... :stretcher::sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick::stretcher:

But the baby is so cute!

Yeah, I think I am going to skip that whole mthfr thing too, ( everytime I type that I have to laugh a little, )....I'm on day 46 of my hold, not much improvement, but I was seizing all day and now only about 4 times a day, but dealing with a lot of nausea and getting too skinny, my throat an stomach spasm so much, and I stress out about the z drug., but don't think it would be good to do two drugs at once.  I'm so glad that some of you guys are feeling better, hope your cold is better V, I too enjoy this group, don't understand too much about putting pictures on, probably wouldn't work, cause my little guys don't either and I don't want to change browsers....so I feel kind boring, but I still love coming on there and reading your jokes.  Nova, thanks for the article about the m gene, I think it is so complicated and there seem to be just as many who don't experience help and those that do, just like everything else,and we are retired and don't have $ to throw around on useless stuff.        Ohhhhhhh, Begood, I don't like slimy things either, I'll stick with the turtles and chickens with you.....hugs and thoughts........:)   

Yeah, I think I am going to skip that whole mthfr thing too, ( everytime I type that I have to laugh a little, )....I'm on day 46 of my hold, not much improvement, but I was seizing all day and now only about 4 times a day, but dealing with a lot of nausea and getting too skinny, my throat an stomach spasm so much, and I stress out about the z drug., but don't think it would be good to do two drugs at once.  I'm so glad that some of you guys are feeling better, hope your cold is better V, I too enjoy this group, don't understand too much about putting pictures on, probably wouldn't work, cause my little guys don't either and I don't want to change browsers....so I feel kind boring, but I still love coming on there and reading your jokes.  Nova, thanks for the article about the m gene, I think it is so complicated and there seem to be just as many who don't experience help and those that do, just like everything else,and we are retired and don't have $ to throw around on useless stuff.        Ohhhhhhh, Begood, I don't like slimy things either, I'll stick with the turtles and chickens with you.....hugs and thoughts........:) 

46 days is definitely short when dealing with Valium.  It sounds like things are calming down and that's a good thing.  :thumbsup:

[b0...]