Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi, hope you are feeling better by now Gard?

And hope the blips are gone Begood. Glad you are doing well. Hope you keep it up all the way off.

And V, Seems like you just got over the flu recently :crazy:, and now sick again?  :tickedoff: Taking your vitamin C and other vitamins I hope ? Chicken soup is great but it won't do it all. Too bad you cant use your super chicks for the soup, and NO, I'm not suggesting THAT! Won't even go there!  but lucky for the chicks! :D

Oh, and Gard, vitaminC for you too! Yes?

Me, well, I'm still holding, intermittently feeling good and bad.

But today the inner trembles and shakes have reoccurred. It just tears through my whole body.''This scares me. I haven't had this wdsx for about 7 months now.  I hate it!  It's got me down. Hope it's gone tomorrow.

Hope everyone is feeling better today and that tomorrow is even better.

Heath :smitten:

feel better everybody...I am thinking of you.....still in the struggles here, holding 46 days now but not noticing anything much, but will keep on holding....I have been doing some reading on the mthfr gene, (hope those are the right initials...lol)  Do any of you guys have this...wondering if I just don't tolerate the v well, still having such seizure like, shaking and stuff....but also know I have to think on the ambien, but cannot get a straight answer from anyone on the controlled release pill...some say can be cut some say absolutely not, and going down from a cr pill to a regular ambien 5mg will be quite the change....and I am in rough shape now...the spasms make it hard to eat, and I keep losing weight, not good.  sorry to be a debby downer, just venting....just curious if any of you have been tested for that gene, there is a gal on here that tested for it and found out she couldn't metabolize valium and had to change over to klonopin and she feels so much better, supplementing with something else to make up for the gene thingy...a lot to think about and too much time...having lots of nausea too which is not helpful. BUT, the sun is out today and that is a nice thing...very windy and lots of junk blowing into our yard keeping my hubby and dog busy picking up trash, cause we live at the end of the street.  Just thought I would check in and wish everyone well, would love to make a big pot of chicken soup for the sick ones....hugs!!!!!

I'm so sorry about that, Heath. :-[

Let's hope it's a blip and all be gone by tomorrow. :hug:

Hope the hold eventually helps. Stella. Have you tried survivingantidepressants.org? They help with poly-drugging.

Gard :smitten:

Thanks Gard,

The trembles seem to have gone as the day went on. That's good. I suppos your warm support did the trick! Hope it stays gone tomorrow too. So sorry you are having a rough time but glad you are staying with your hold. Hope tomorrow is better for you :smitten:.

Stellabee. I am sorry you are having so many struggles. I wish you peace and healing and hope you see the benefits of your hold soon. Sometimes it takes a long time, so don't give up...it will definitely get you to a better place soon. :);). I don't know what your mthfr means but I can  sure put my own spin on it! ( if you know what I'm thinking!)

I'm from the USA too, California. Sun is out here too. Here are some sun glasses for you. feel better!  :socool:

I also read Songbirds mthfr post with some interest, I have also been following a thread about it for a while... off topic i think, but not sure...

I asked my Dr about it a while ago, she didnt know exactly what i meant, but said she had done bloods that tested my liver function with reguard to processing the valium... -Im not sure, but i suspect the mthfr test is a whole different story... -I just dont have the energy to follow up or even worry about it too much atm... -wish my Drs would come to me... :)

Hope Everyone is starting to feel better... Its so not nice to have extra on top of it all... -Rest up, Get well...

:)

Actually, Heath, I'm cutting this week and will be holding next week. I'm just tired from P.T. and from catching my daughter's cold. :sick:

Very glad to hear things are improving!

Hi Heath,

So sorry about the uptick in symptoms.  I hope things get better soon.  It is up and down with me as well.  I feel good one minute and horrible the next. 

Let's hope the symptoms resolve soon.

Take care

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

feel better everybody...I am thinking of you.....still in the struggles here, holding 46 days now but not noticing anything much, but will keep on holding....I have been doing some reading on the mthfr gene, (hope those are the right initials...lol)  Do any of you guys have this...wondering if I just don't tolerate the v well, still having such seizure like, shaking and stuff....but also know I have to think on the ambien, but cannot get a straight answer from anyone on the controlled release pill...some say can be cut some say absolutely not, and going down from a cr pill to a regular ambien 5mg will be quite the change....and I am in rough shape now...the spasms make it hard to eat, and I keep losing weight, not good.  sorry to be a debby downer, just venting....just curious if any of you have been tested for that gene, there is a gal on here that tested for it and found out she couldn't metabolize valium and had to change over to klonopin and she feels so much better, supplementing with something else to make up for the gene thingy...a lot to think about and too much time...having lots of nausea too which is not helpful. BUT, the sun is out today and that is a nice thing...very windy and lots of junk blowing into our yard keeping my hubby and dog busy picking up trash, cause we live at the end of the street.  Just thought I would check in and wish everyone well, would love to make a big pot of chicken soup for the sick ones....hugs!!!!!

Hi Stella,

I am so sorry you are still going through this.  I think we both thought this would be over by now.  I remember our chats on the Ativan thread.

I do hope things get better for you soon.  I hope they get better for all of us.  What a journey.

Take care of yourself.

Hi Heath,

So sorry about the uptick in symptoms.  I hope things get better soon.  It is up and down with me as well.  I feel good one minute and horrible the next. 

Let's hope the symptoms resolve soon.

Take care

I'm really sorry to hear it's still ike this for you. I was hoping that things would settle down as your husband recovered from his surgery. But, of course, you still have the stress of you job. Seems like a long way until summer vacation, doesn't it? But we'll get there.

Anne, just like Gardner, I too thought it would be smooth sailing for you at this point. I guess it isn't over til it's over! Hope you feel better soon.

You too Gard.

Actually ... everyone! I just wish everyone would feel better.! 

And that this automatic spell checker would just leave my posts alone already!  :tickedoff::idiot::crazy:

Hi Stella,

I am so sorry you are still going through this.  I think we both thought this would be over by now.  I remember our chats on the Ativan thread.

I do hope things get better for you soon.  I hope they get better for all of us.  What a journey.

Take care of yourself.

Thinking of both Anne and Stella, I am so sorry that things are not good for you right now, but please know we are all thinking of you. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I also read Songbirds mthfr post with some interest, I have also been following a thread about it for a while... off topic i think, but not sure...

I asked my Dr about it a while ago, she didnt know exactly what i meant, but said she had done bloods that tested my liver function with reguard to processing the valium... -Im not sure, but i suspect the mthfr test is a whole different story... -I just dont have the energy to follow up or even worry about it too much atm... -wish my Drs would come to me... :)

Hope Everyone is starting to feel better... Its so not nice to have extra on top of it all... -Rest up, Get well...

I am of the opinion that people will heal without knowing about MTHF and such, sometimes I think too much knowledge is not really good for our senses as it places another stressor on us, just my opinion, everyone has the right to take tests to see what is going on, but the end fact is it just another nail to hit or is it something that will help?, they have an ongoing thread on MTHF and it is active, the "Birdy" one is not the only one active. I do agree that it is important to have Liver Function tests, I know that Valium can cause problems and I think when I was given Cholesterol lowering drugs, the Valium did not mix well as both are stored in the Liver, it was horrible, but not on them anymore. :)

I am of the opinion that people will heal without knowing about MTHF and such, sometimes I think too much knowledge is not really good for our senses as it places another stressor on us, just my opinion, everyone has the right to take tests to see what is going on, but the end fact is it just another nail to hit or is it something that will help?, they have an ongoing thread on MTHF and it is active, the "Birdy" one is not the only one active. I do agree that it is important to have Liver Function tests, I know that Valium can cause problems and I think when I was given Cholesterol lowering drugs, the Valium did not mix well as both are stored in the Liver, it was horrible, but not on them anymore. :)

Yes BG, Thats the thing, -where does it end... Im kinda big on less is best and homeostasis Rules... (where practical and possible)...

Yet i cant help but try some things out of curiosity... -usually from a sceptical perspective... -But there is always that "I wonder if..." -Just to the top of the next hill... Just to the next corner...

Guess im not the first, nor the last...

But just imagine... -a magic cure..!!! -Other than Holding, that is... lol

Hope everyone is feeling atleast a bit better...

I'm sorry to hear that some are struggling. I know it's up and down through most of this journey but hopefully the down times are at least manageable.

Testing genes is the new big thing according to my doctor. It helps identify which drugs would be the most beneficial to an individual.  With the that being said, it's expensive and most insurance doesn't cover it...  yet.

Stella, Anne, gardener and any others having a rough time you know we're with you and hoping things turn around quickly.  :)--V

Thanks  Valley...

Am guessing that gene testing is still done in a clothes shop, here in Australia... -Give us a few years..

Yes BG, Thats the thing, -where does it end... Im kinda big on less is best and homeostasis Rules... (where practical and possible)...

Yet i cant help but try some things out of curiosity... -usually from a sceptical perspective... -But there is always that "I wonder if..." -Just to the top of the next hill... Just to the next corner...

Guess im not the first, nor the last...

But just imagine... -a magic cure..!!! -Other than Holding, that is... lol

Hope everyone is feeling atleast a bit better...

:thumbsup:Holding :thumbsup: for me if it ain't broke..... :) Just my thoughts, everyone has to come to a good place with their taper. :)

Thanks  Valley...

Am guessing that gene testing is still done in a clothes shop, here in Australia... -Give us a few years..

:laugh:

Thank you Begood, Heath, Gard, and Valley. 

Here is to a better day full of windows.  Gard and Valley, I hope you get over the colds soon!!

Thanks  Valley...

:D :D :D

Aloha everyone  :hug:, here's something I'm sure you'll find interesting from the '' Science-based medicine'' website,  I am not going to on on a rant about 'fictitious illness and syndromes''  ::) I'm too rough to fire up much needed brain space so I'm posting this instead :) And I'm also agreeing  BIG TIME with Sista' begood's opinion  :thumbsup:

Dubious MTHFR genetic mutation testing https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dubious-mthfr-genetic-mutation-testing/

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Love Nova

Aloha everyone  :hug:, here's something I'm sure you'll find interesting from the '' Science-based medicine'' website,  I am not going to on on a rant about 'fictitious illness and syndromes''  ::) I'm too rough to fire up much needed brain space so I'm posting this instead :) And I'm also agreeing  BIG TIME with Sista' begood's opinion  :thumbsup:

Dubious MTHFR genetic mutation testing https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dubious-mthfr-genetic-mutation-testing/

Love Nova

:hug:[glow=red,2,300]"SISTA' " :hug:[/glow]

Love Nova

Gee, Thanks for that Nova dearest... pls note that in future i will probably trust the words "pls be sceptical"... lol

So what i learnt was... -It probably wont come with a money back guarantee, and a future compensation affermation...

-And probably best not to cancel my private health insurance after getting it done...

Asides, i highly doubt they would cater for chicken, turtle and sloth genes anyway...

-just imagine the recomendations...

-You have dermal feathering and need more iron...

-excessive dorsal calcification....

-and for a sloth, probably -extreme insomnia, borderline comatose, inert, torpid, inactive, lethargic, sluggish, lifeless, listless, languid, lazy, idle, indolent, shiftless, heavy, stagnant, sleepy, drowsy...

Seriously though, Thank You Nova, I know you arent feeling so great, and i appreciate the effort and info...

Also a speedy get well...

Buddy huggs...

Love Nova

Gee, Thanks for that Nova dearest... pls note that in future i will probably trust the words "pls be sceptical"... lol

So what i learnt was... -It probably wont come with a money back guarantee, and a future compensation affermation...

-And probably best not to cancel my private health insurance after getting it done...

Asides, i highly doubt they would cater for chicken, turtle and sloth genes anyway...

-just imagine the recomendations...

-You have dermal feathering and need more iron...

-excessive dorsal calcification....

-and for a sloth, probably -extreme insomnia, borderline comatose, inert, torpid, inactive, lethargic, sluggish, lifeless, listless, languid, lazy, idle, indolent, shiftless, heavy, stagnant, sleepy, drowsy...

Seriously though, Thank You Nova, I know you arent feeling so great, and i appreciate the effort and info...

Also a speedy get well...

Buddy huggs...

:laugh: :laugh: funny Cantfly :)

Hi all :hug:. stopping by to see how everyone is doing, and sending my prayers to you all who are having bad days, the sick days, and may they change soon with HOLDS.

I have been having more good days! Still taking it slow in general with life, but I have been out and not felt as anxious or shaky or just wanting to stay home. So the hold has is paying off, very grateful.

I have been making small cuts , feeling it today , but not too horrible.  I definitely feel more stable , and don't want to mess that up after all the hard work of holding ! But I'm nearly there to the 8 mg mark...... And it's much smoother than when I tried to cut before.

I'm holding for a few days to see if I get back to more good days. Dont have any kind of pattern or plan , just taking it day by day.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and encouragement for the holding strategy. It is so the way to go. And I would never have done it without you.... I consider it Grace that I ended up finding this great group, chickens , sloths , turtles and all.

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

I love all ya chickens, sloths, and turtles, too. Your craziness keeps me sane!

Wishing everyone a window-ful Friday. :)

I honestly don't understand what this mthfr gene test is all about or what it is supposed to do or how it is supposed to help.  :o,

Too much input for me.  :crazy:

It's fine for the people who understand, and I applaud you!  :clap:

But for me.......

I'm just staying right here with my long holds, small cuts, patience and acceptance, doing my time, and trying my best to have courage for the difficult times,

and staying right here with my buddies who have been in my shoes ...and know what they are talking about.

Because...I'm getting the best advice I ever got..... and...... That's good enough for me! :yippee:

Yay and thank you to all my Buddy supporters  :angel: you are the very best! :clap: :clap: :clap::highfive: :highfive:

(Holding and hanging on)

[1f...]