Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

BEGOOD

thanks for the push to see my Obgyn. I have an appt for End of March. My insurance only pays for a check up visit once a year. I will call tomorrow and see if they will make an exception since I am having pain and it is not for just a check up. I think they will make an exception.

Same thing for my mammography.

VALLEY, AND ANYONE ELSE,

ABOUT MY TAPER. OF COURSE YOU ARE RIGHT. I CAN NOT MAKE A LARGER CUT IF I AM GETTING WDSX WITH THE CUT I AM DOING NOW. What a dumb thought I had!

THE -02 cut I WAS doing RECENTLY was every Ten days or two weeks. Ok so now I see that became too fast as time piled up. So now I have to hold longer.

Also  I think you had suggested that I do a daily micro taper instead of cut and hold. Do you think it is wiser for me to try that? And what would you suggest the daily micro cut would be?  I know I will have to listen to my own body and I would have to decide fir myself, but I really dont know where to start.

If I did a .002 daily micro taper, wouldn't that be equal to the same as .02 every ten days?

Does it really make a big difference to ones brain if they cut .002 daily for ten days and then hold for a while rather than just do .02 cut and hold it there for ten days?  Or longer if wdsx ramp up?

And I thought I had this all figured out! LOL  Thanks for much help,

Heath....very confused :o:-\

Hi Heath. If you know your lag day, then you do a cutting cycle based on the lag day. For example, 10 days is usually my lag day. I get hit on day 3 and then again on day 10. Knowing that, I decided to do small cuts for ten days rather than shock my body with a larger cut all at once. It is easier on me to do it this way and you can also hold immediately if sxs are ramping up. I then hold for another 10 or more days to make sure the sxs are totally gone.

As far as metabolism, older people may or may not have a slower metabolism. Some older budddies are rapid meetabolizerrs of V and some younger buddies are slow metabolozers. In the end it does t really matter as long as your taper is symptom driven.  :)--V

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thought I'd separate my posts so as not to confuse things....

I read that benzodiazapines with long half lives tend to have longer half

lives in elder people.

Does that mean that an elder person's CNS will have the drug in their system longer, and that it will diminish more slowly? And does that mean that an elder person might have to hold a bit longer than a younger person to see if wdsx are going to ramp up from each of their cuts ?

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Heath ::)

Heath, I believe it is correct that elderly people metabolize their med more slowly so it stays in their system longer. I'm thinking your interpretation about it taking longer for symptoms to show up make sense. I'm not sure what they mean by elderly. Over 65? Over 70?

Sorry you are having a hard time sorting out your taper. I'm in kind of a cog fog, too, so I can't help. But I know you will get it sorted out. Whether you are cutting or holding, each day is one day closer to freedom.

Gard :smitten:

Heath,

I'm elderly not Old yet but elderly and when I cut It takes 8-10 days for me to feel it. Then it takes another 20 or do days before I feel like I am returning to baseline.

So yes, I think you have it correct. Notwithstanding that other than age there are other factors that  effect the rate at which you metabolize this stuff.

Hope your feeling better soon buddy!  :thumbsup:

Sending more hugs:  :hug:

ATU 🙏

I'm having one of the worst days I've had in a while... Both physically and emotionally. Got the looping ' I'll never heal ' thoughts going and ' I'm not getting anywhere , this is going to take forever ' feeling very depressed and disheartened . The last two days were bad enough , but today is worse. And this just form those teeny tiny cuts I made . I don't know what to do.

I need to hear I'm going to be ok...... How am I going to ever get through this at this rate?

I'm having one of the worst days I've had in a while... Both physically and emotionally. Got the looping ' I'll never heal ' thoughts going and ' I'm not getting anywhere , this is going to take forever ' feeling very depressed and disheartened . The last two days were bad enough , but today is worse. And this just form those teeny tiny cuts I made . I don't know what to do.

I need to hear I'm going to be ok...... How am I going to ever get through this at this rate?

You are going to be OK, firstly try as hard as you can to get out of your head, meaning remember the looping thoughts are trying to trip you up, fight the thoughts take a walk do anything to think of something else, it will pass I have had looping thoughts at times different looping thoughts, but I fought really hard to move on. MiYu, your taper is going to take as long as it takes, even if not doing the holds, it just takes a lot of time, and in the end you want to walk off and feel relatively well, you can only do the best you can and you will, it is just a bad day. :hug::mybuddy::hug::smitten:

I'm with you Miyu! It's just a really bad day. I've been having them too. Your post mirrors my thoughts exactly. Let's keep the faith together. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS AND WE WILL WALK OFF HEALED ONE DAY WHEN IT S OUR TIME.

Let's never give up.  Things will turn around when we least expect it. Let's try to distract.

Peace and healing will come soon... I know it!

:hug: :hug: :therethere: :therethere:

Heath :smitten:

Thank you Begood and Heath.. :smitten:

Heath , I'm sorry you are suffering so much too.  :therethere:  :hug:

I guess I'm not stable yet, and need to hold longer . At least I do know that there is not point rushing ahead , however long it takes......

I speak to my doctor weds. I hope he is on board with a very slow slow taper , cause that's what it is for me.

Love to everyone

MiYu  :hug:

Those dumb small cuts can cause a lot of pain. I've found that just the small cuts can unleash some pretty unpleasant sxs. Yesterday was bad for me. Dizzy and head pressure then extreme fatigue today but now I feel just fine. Just write off the bad days as healing days. I usually have good windows after a bad patch. Hopefully you'll get some soon.  :)--V

I'm with you Miyu! It's just a really bad day. I've been having them too. Your post mirrors my thoughts exactly. Let's keep the faith together. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS AND WE WILL WALK OFF HEALED ONE DAY WHEN IT S OUR TIME.

Let's never give up.  Things will turn around when we least expect it. Let's try to distract.

Peace and healing will come soon... I know it!

:hug: :hug: :therethere: :therethere:

Distraction is the only thing that works for me. If I don't have anything to do, my sxs are 10x worse. When I'm working, I don't even think of withdrawal and even sound intelligent when interacting with others... I think.  :laugh:

Those dumb small cuts can cause a lot of pain. I've found that just the small cuts can unleash some pretty unpleasant sxs. Yesterday was bad for me. Dizzy and head pressure then extreme fatigue today but now I feel just fine. Just write off the bad days as healing days. I usually have good windows after a bad patch. Hopefully you'll get some soon.  :)--V

I find that, too. A really bad patch is followed by a window. Even my daughter notices this and reminds me. The benzos are the ones saying it is forever. It's not. We are all one day closer to the finish line! :thumbsup:

Thanks Valley, I hope so too..... I'm glad you have bounced back..... I've had three really rough days so hoping things will start to improve. It never feels that way when you are in the middle of it does it!

I find that, too. A really bad patch is followed by a window. Even my daughter notices this and reminds me. The benzos are the ones saying it is forever. It's not. We are all one day closer to the finish line! :thumbsup:

Praying for that Gard :smitten:

Praying for that Gard :smitten:

:thumbsup::smitten:

Having bad ones here too, AND, I just found out my Ambien is the controlled release kind and I can't cut it....I was wanting to start reducing it, cause I think I am getting tolerant to it and it is causing some of my sxs. know you are not supposed to taper two things together...everyone told me o taper it first, but I didn't get enough valium from my doc, so had to make a choice.  now I am feeling stuck, asking Builder, I might have to drop from the 6.25 cr one to the 5mg reg ambien, which would be quite the drop plus different kind of pill, so will affect blood levels much differently...YIKES...I have been so confused in my head and feeling cravings for the ambien, like interdose sxs, cause it calms me down, which is not a good sign.  not sure how this would turn out.  gulp!  I wish I would have stuck with the regular ambien, but changed that in the stupid first days two years ago.  oh well, one day at a time.  thinking of you all, it is hard for me to type lately, my fingers are shaking so much., forive errors please....not a lot of posts, but I am here in the weeds, lurking and reading and praying....:)

Having bad ones here too, AND, I just found out my Ambien is the controlled release kind and I can't cut it....I was wanting to start reducing it, cause I think I am getting tolerant to it and it is causing some of my sxs. know you are not supposed to taper two things together...everyone told me o taper it first, but I didn't get enough valium from my doc, so had to make a choice.  now I am feeling stuck, asking Builder, I might have to drop from the 6.25 cr one to the 5mg reg ambien, which would be quite the drop plus different kind of pill, so will affect blood levels much differently...YIKES...I have been so confused in my head and feeling cravings for the ambien, like interdose sxs, cause it calms me down, which is not a good sign.  not sure how this would turn out.  gulp!  I wish I would have stuck with the regular ambien, but changed that in the stupid first days two years ago.  oh well, one day at a time.  thinking of you all, it is hard for me to type lately, my fingers are shaking so much., forive errors please....not a lot of posts, but I am here in the weeds, lurking and reading and praying....:)

Stay Strong Stella and glad you are able to read, do what you can when you can. Hang in there :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry you're having a rough time Stella. Is there an option to swap out the ambien with Valium? It may make it easier.  :)--V

[glow=red,2,300]Hello Valley.[/glow]missing you, but know you are working and busy, thinking of buying some nice plumb chickens from you, pick out the ones you will part with and I will swing by and pay you and pick them up..... :D :D :D.

[glow=red,2,300]Hello Valley.[/glow]missing you, but know you are working and busy, thinking of buying some nice plumb chickens from you, pick out the ones you will part with and I will swing by and pay you and pick them up..... :D :D :D.

LOL. I don't think my granddaughter will let any of them go. She knows them all by name.

I miss being here as often as I am used to. Definitely busy lately. Some days are rather rough but at least it's a good distraction. Should slow down again though.  :)--V

Hello, thread. So  very sorry about all the rough times we are going through. Wish I could give y'all real hugs instead of cyber hugs.  :hug: I'm having a busy week with doctors appointments and now a snow storm when I have to drive to the next county for one today! Bleh! But it's actually my daughter driving me, so I get to just close my eyes!

BG, you are being naughty! ( :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:)

Gard :angel:

Has anybody developed tolerence while Long Holding and if so, what do you do? Up your dose or restart tapering?

I haven't. It may seem that way when sxs wax and wane during the hold but it seems eventually sxs gradually start to fade. It's really hard to hit tolerance during a taper as most of the discomfort is simply withdrawal which can hang on for a while if you've become really destabilized. I hope others chime in also.  :)--V

No no no no!

Don't start talking about tolerance in withdrawal.

It scares the heck out of me.

Please, Valley, post your propaganda again.

After so much conversation, when I was a newbie, I was finally convinced that tolerance in withdrawal is not possible. There is just no such thing. And I put it to rest.

The wdsx we are experiencing are what's making us miserable, NOT TOLERANCE.

OH PLEASE DOn'T SHAKE MY BELIEF THAT TOLERANCE IS NOT POSSIBLE IN WITHDRAWAL.

I JUST CANT TAKE THAT!

Heath  ???:tickedoff:

Hey, Gard!

I hope all your dr. Appts go well and that you are inundated with good news at all of them.

Thanks for the cyber hugs you sent to everyone, and here are some for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now close your eyes and let your daughter do the driving and have good dreams.

All the best

I am in a four month hold. Just my opinion is once you've started tapering we are all under our original tolerance level to begin with. Hence withdrawal. Have my symptoms been all over the place during this hold, yes. But I believe it's just from my cuts I made before. Once you start tapering, and this is just my opinion, you're in withdrawal. I don't believe in tolerance withdrawal while holding. Just my opinion.

[53...]