Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you Valley.... I hope you stabilize soon from your most recent cuts. You were feeling so good , so I have no doubt you'll get back there pretty soon  :):hug:

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give an update..... First, sending hugs and love to everyone and hoping today is a better day if you are having symptoms.  :smitten:

My hold is definitely helping me stabilize . I decided to try a very small cut .... A couple actually. They are so minute you wouldn't think the brain would notice , but it does ! I can't even calculate the % as its so tiny. I did get symptoms , but I am bouncing back, and it's definitely better than the last time I tried. I have more energy these days, still mostly at home , but I try to go out even fro a little drive each day if nothing else. I can usually do some projects in the mornings, and mostly rest and watch some series in the afternoons. I feel more positive , and accepting of my symptoms .

Gard , I'm with you on the sloth taper :) 

I'm still going to hold , and occasionally try a tiny cut to test the waters,  it does help me to feel I am moving forward , and hopefully without causing further problems . Feels right for me so that's my plan for now.

Love, MiYu  :-*

Ps anyone hear from Shamo? I'm thinking he is doing well as he hasnt been here in a while .... Hope he checks back in to let us know how he's doing ....

So glad you're feeling better and continuing to hold.  :clap:

I hear from Shamo every once in a while. He was doing better the last time he PM'd me.  :)--V

MiYu, so happy that you are feeling better and taking small steps with you taper, the holding helps and it is all about finding what will work for you. Just the best News. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: Also thanks for the colorful "Congrats" if you do a quote on my post, you will see I added the B in the upper left side of thingys. Thanks again for your support and Cheers to you. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give an update..... First, sending hugs and love to everyone and hoping today is a better day if you are having symptoms.  :smitten:

My hold is definitely helping me stabilize . I decided to try a very small cut .... A couple actually. They are so minute you wouldn't think the brain would notice , but it does ! I can't even calculate the % as its so tiny. I did get symptoms , but I am bouncing back, and it's definitely better than the last time I tried. I have more energy these days, still mostly at home , but I try to go out even fro a little drive each day if nothing else. I can usually do some projects in the mornings, and mostly rest and watch some series in the afternoons. I feel more positive , and accepting of my symptoms .

Gard , I'm with you on the sloth taper :) 

I'm still going to hold , and occasionally try a tiny cut to test the waters,  it does help me to feel I am moving forward , and hopefully without causing further problems . Feels right for me so that's my plan for now.

Love, MiYu  :-*

Ps anyone hear from Shamo? I'm thinking he is doing well as he hasnt been here in a while .... Hope he checks back in to let us know how he's doing ....

So glad you're feeling better and continuing to hold.  :clap:

I hear from Shamo every once in a while. He was doing better the last time he PM'd me.  :)--V

MiYu, so happy that you are feeling better and taking small steps with you taper, the holding helps and it is all about finding what will work for you. Just the best News. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: Also thanks for the colorful "Congrats" if you do a quote on my post, you will see I added the B in the upper left side of thingys. Thanks again for your support and Cheers to you. :thumbsup:

Thank you Begood  :-* not sure what the B thingy does  ::). getting the hang of this color / font thingy though  :)

MiYu,

I am so happy to hear you are doing better.  Wonderful!!

Go slow and you will be fine.

Anne  :smitten:

thank you so much Anne, that's so encouraging to hear.... Go sloooow. I still doubt it at times , but I'm sure over time I will trust the process more :smitten:

MiYu,

The B THINGY, WILL MAKE YOUR TYPING APPEAR IN BOLD TYPE. IT WILL LOOK THICKER AND DARKER.  LIKETHIS.....

this is in bold type

Press on the B and then Just type your message in between the b's.  Is that what you were talking about? Or something else?

Hope that helps

And so very glad your hold is working and you are doing so much better!

Heath :smitten:

B thingy. I thingy. U thingy. Lots of fun stuff to play with. The most fun is the little Mona Lisa thingy!

300px-Mona_Lisa%2C_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci%2C_from_C2RMF_retouched.jpg

I thingy I agree, said [glow=red,2,300]"THE TURTLE AMONG CHICKENS AND THAT S "thingy"" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:[/glow]

So I have been following this group and liking the idea of the sloth taper a lot: I was down to 2.23 ml V a day and recently went to 2.21. I think I am feeling it!!! Feel very shaky with weak muscles, and a bad stomach. Can my body really feel this tiny a cut??? How long is long for a hold on the sloth taper?

I might have asked this and have looked all over for advice on STARTING birth control or progesterone for my horrendous menstraul cycle, but have found more info on people who've tried to stop while tapering or soon after they completed a taper.

Anyone start during the taper and found it to help either overall or at least during their cycle?  My doctors want me to try a BC that will not allow my period at all.  So now breaks for my period.

I have read progesterone can be a GABA antagonist, but also that it has helped people on their tapers (but those who tried to get off during a taper).  I haven't seen anyone who has started and it helped.

Any info or direction would be good.  I also read some articles and info by I'm not very scientific and understanding them is hard.

Rach

So I have been following this group and liking the idea of the sloth taper a lot: I was down to 2.23 ml V a day and recently went to 2.21. I think I am feeling it!!! Feel very shaky with weak muscles, and a bad stomach. Can my body really feel this tiny a cut??? How long is long for a hold on the sloth taper?

Welcome Cally!  We're glad you're here. You can definitely feel even tiny cuts at lower doses. The length of the hold depends on how long it takes you to feel stable and well again.  It's highly variable.  If you're really symptomatic, it can take a lot longer so going slow and holding whenever you feel sxs ramp up is the key.  :)--V

Welcome Cally!  We're glad you're here. You can definitely feel even tiny cuts at lower doses. The length of the hold depends on how long it takes you to feel stable and well again.  It's highly variable.  If you're really symptomatic, it can take a lot longer so going slow and holding whenever you feel sxs ramp up is the key.  :)--V

WELCOME CALLY, read all you can here the posts, tell of healing and yes some times that are not so good, but then we have MiYu, that is feeling better and others also, it takes time, and patience. And we do believe as we taper we are healing, this is a Process and it is doable. "TURTLE HUGS" :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu,

The B THINGY, WILL MAKE YOUR TYPING APPEAR IN BOLD TYPE. IT WILL LOOK THICKER AND DARKER.  LIKETHIS.....

this is in bold type

Press on the B and then Just type your message in between the b's.  Is that what you were talking about? Or something else?

Hope that helps

Yes! Thank you Heath!  :smitten: I am doing better , I actually had a pretty decent window this morning, not symptom free, but not bad at all!  :).  I hope you are doing ok too  :-*

And so very glad your hold is working and you are doing so much better!

Heath :smitten:

B thingy. I thingy. U thingy. Lots of fun stuff to play with. The most fun is the little Mona Lisa thingy!

300px-Mona_Lisa%2C_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci%2C_from_C2RMF_retouched.jpg

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/10/131029_CBOX_Vermeer-GirlPearlEarring.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Girl with the pearl earring by Vermeer... I love this painting  :smitten:

I'm a sloth Cally :)

I've been holding , mostly , since last September and it IS getting better. I've made a couple of sloth size cuts the last week and although I did feel them , I am bouncing back much faster. Holding for a long time os quite a challenge , but these great people here are experts and have encouraged me through it, based on their own experience . It's working !  :hug:

Welcome, Cally. I held for 6 months before I even started my chicken-turtle-sloth taper. I guess when I was holding that was the chicken taper. Too chicken to move! Then I tried turtle speed. Now I am a sloth, which I'm pretty sure is slower than turtle. But I have never personally met one. ;)

If you want to know about chickens, V has met plenty! Both here and in real life.  :laugh:

Gard

Hey Guys- I am so confused! I know that everyone is different and I know we all have to find what works for us, but someone told me on another thread that lowering % of my dose may not be a good idea and just keep going. What? I feel like crap, trying to get my sxs under control and hold for just a bit and mention I will probably go smaller % and they tell me that? I really don't know what to read and what not to read on here anymore. It seriously makes my anxiety go thru the roof! UUGGHH. Comments or opinions are very welcome!!!

Welcome Calle!

I can only speak  fir myself but holding got me out if a bad place. As I continue to taper, whenever my side effects ramp up, I just hold and wait it out. It works every time. When

my side effects ramp up holding always gets me back to feeling ok again.

Heath

Bballmom,

Know one and I mean no one can tell you what to do. First we are all different and what works for one person will not nessesarily work for another.

Only you know how you feel and what you can reasonably take.

If you think a hold is in order then your right. If you think a smaller cut is needed then you are right again.

Many people offer advise and that advise is based on their own experience.

You need to call your own shots. 👍

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

Bballmom,

Know one and I mean no one can tell you what to do. First we are all different and what works for one person will not nessesarily work for another.

Only you know how you feel and what you can reasonably take.

If you think a hold is in order then your right. If you think a smaller cut is needed then you are right again.

Many people offer advise and that advise is based on their own experience.

You need to call your own shots. 👍

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

:thumbsup:

Nobody should be dictating to you what to do. They can share their experiences. You compare theirs to yours, and then you decide what's best for you. Most of us on here have done a long hold to become more stable and then incorporated shorter holds regularly as we have tapered because we have found it works for us. It does not work for everyone, but it is worth a try if you are in a  bad place and feel like your brain needs a break.

BBM, welcome to BB ::) and all the advise that will make your head twirl, many  just want to help, but........as it has been said here, it is your taper and if you decide this is the way for you, so be it. You know I never ask for help on the threads because I make my own decisions and frankly I have been doing the Long holds way before I came here and low doses, and this third time is like night and day and I just refuse to have anyone tell me I should not do something, that may be their experiences, does not mean it will happen to you.

Honestly I would tell you that if you see the same people posting the same thing over and over what a person should do with thier taper, I would just leave. Go to Off Topic, there are threads there that do not talk about what you should do, it is a way to distract and not read things that are upsetting.

This being said, everyone is different and just be patient and not be fearful, and accept the process of healing and do it the way is best for you. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten: 

[f1...]