Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

💖Hi All, I am now at .95mg of Valium, I have to say that I noticed some changes, good ones, the fatigue has lifted a lot, I feel good, I do not feel like a small heavy Man is sitting on my chest at times so the Gut Brain must be healing as I go down. I noticed that I have started having more dreams, and remembering, but still not like before, My sleep is a bit better, but not bad at all, but still better than none at all. I started feeling differently about 5 days into my taper, and it feels great, I can not say Normal for sure, but I feel like a cloud has lifted on my World and I have not had many blips at all. I will just hold for one month from now on, but always subject to change. Just choose a taper plan that works for you, and if it is not working try, try again, Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Begood,

Great news, I look forward to those feelings of healing. My cloud is still overhead right now but hearing your story gives me hope!  :thumbsup:

ATU 🙏

💖Hi All, I am now at .95mg of Valium, I have to say that I noticed some changes, good ones, the fatigue has lifted a lot, I feel good, I do not feel like a small heavy Man is sitting on my chest at times so the Gut Brain must be healing as I go down. I noticed that I have started having more dreams, and remembering, but still not like before, My sleep is a bit better, but not bad at all, but still better than none at all. I started feeling differently about 5 days into my taper, and it feels great, I can not say Normal for sure, but I feel like a cloud has lifted on my World and I have not had many blips at all. I will just hold for one month from now on, but always subject to change. Just choose a taper plan that works for you, and if it is not working try, try again, Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

That's great BG!  :clap:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Great News :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[glow=red,2,300]"Thanks"[/glow] Lynn, ATU, Valley, jr, It is so nice to have a Great place to come, in the good times and the not so good times and know that we all share a common Goal, of being off of Benzo's and someday "Walking off or however you choose to go off". One step at a time, and then it seems we are on better footing but it does take time all the time it needs, and "Acceptance of the Process" and "Patience", tons of that, it will come when it is time, not one moment sooner, Hang in there all here on this Great Support Group, and yes I am "Healing" as I go down, I feel it and I "Believe". :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Kind Regards :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The "TURTLE"

So happy to hear the, BG! Thank you for sharing. It gives me hope. :smitten:

Gard

As some of you know, I had to stop my C/O or start on liquid today, it just wasnt agreeing with my stomach at all... I will keep holding and revisit it in the future, perhaps with a nut milk or something....

Anyways my aim is to hold on 2V until I am much better, which could be a while as its also post opiate sx that im holding for... I dropped the V fairly hard to be sure i wasnt taking more than need be. now i can relax and heal a while...

Thanks everyone for all the support to get me to this mile stone...

Holding is Healing :)

As some of you know, I had to stop my C/O or start on liquid today, it just wasnt agreeing with my stomach at all... I will keep holding and revisit it in the future, perhaps with a nut milk or something....

Anyways my aim is to hold on 2V until I am much better, which could be a while as its also post opiate sx that im holding for... I dropped the V fairly hard to be sure i wasnt taking more than need be. now i can relax and heal a while...

Sounds like you have a good plan cantfly. I know when I quit the opiates was when benzo withdrawal hit me like a train. I couldn't get stable after that no matter what I did which is why I ended up holding for 6 months.  I'm sure a large part of that 6 months was opiate withdrawal compounded by benzo withdrawal. I couldn't tell which was which lol.  :)--V

Wonderful News BG!!!!  I am so happy for you. You will definitely walk off soon.

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Anne, I am still going to be a long time as I do 1 month holds in between, but it is the best for me. Hope you are doing well, thinking of you always My Friend. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That's super great news BG. I'm so happy for you! All power to the turtle!  :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee:

Whenever I want to push ahead, I think of how you are doing your taper. You give me hope and help me keep my holds and keep it slow.

( except of course when I'm being an idiot :idiot:)

I'm looking forward to a great big celebration of you in the very near future. I know ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!

YAY!  :yippee: :yippee:

Heath  :smitten:

Crazy things going on.

About four months of really bad neck spasms have disappeared!  Pins and needles gone!

But.... it's back spasms going on for about 2 weeks now.

But now I deal with new sdx with a better attitude. Now I have ACCEPTED the fact that these will happen as long as I am tapering and I will have no more crazy fears.

No, I won't like it, and yes, I may have difficult pains ahead, but at least I now have proven to myself that I CAN and WILL get though this.and it IS WITHDRAWAL and nothing else.

Yes, this too shall pass. Thanks buddies!

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

That's super great news BG. I'm so happy for you! All power to the turtle!  :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee:

Whenever I want to push ahead, I think of how you are doing your taper. You give me hope and help me keep my holds and keep it slow.

( except of course when I'm being an idiot :idiot:)

I'm looking forward to a great big celebration of you in the very near future. I know ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!

YAY!  :yippee: :yippee:

Heath  :smitten:

Thanks Heath, keep the faith you are doing it moment my moment. I still have a ways to go, but it feels good to be below 1mg,  I know that it is going to take time, but bring it on. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stella, a long time coming from 10mg but can see the light now at the end of the Tunnel. Best to you. :smitten:

Thanks Gard, Never ever lose Hope, it can and will happen, Time and Patience. Hang in there. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have a good plan cantfly. I know when I quit the opiates was when benzo withdrawal hit me like a train. I couldn't get stable after that no matter what I did which is why I ended up holding for 6 months.  I'm sure a large part of that 6 months was opiate withdrawal compounded by benzo withdrawal. I couldn't tell which was which lol.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, so good to hear you say that... -There has been many a doubt trying to seperate the two, they are so finely interwoven. -Fancy using V as a taper aid...!!! Lol

Just getting my first glimps of light at the end of a long dark tunnel...

Thanks again...

I have never posted here before but am hoping for some advice.

I am at a point now where I am suffering from a ton of anxiety, which is not yet debilitating but feels like it can move in that direction. And of course anxiety is fueling depression. Any thoughts on whether a long hold would help with this? I did hold for a while over the holidays as I was very sick with flu/bronchitis, and now cannot seem to make much headway. I am starting to feel completely overwhelmed, thinking of updosing as well to .5, where I felt good, but not sure if an updose will actually help or not.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

Hopefree, I've been reading your posts ...... I crossed from K to V. It was not easy for me at all I must say, but I am glad I did it. It took me three months to cross from .375 mg K , and I had to cross to 10 mg V . I did have K withdrawals the whole time. But I went very slowly, especially with the last .125 mgs. If the symptoms were too much I just waited to do more substitution . It's a bit like tapering really, and I definitely couldn't follow the Ashton crossover speed. I agree that K is very strong, for me I just couldn't see how I could taper it. Although Ina way I felt better on it ,  I had more energy , with the V I don't get interdose WDs and I can go very very slowly. Which is what I am having to do now. It's still a benzo , and it makes me tired , but overall I'm glad I made the switch. My long hold is paying off ( I'm going to make another post about that in a minute )

So , if you have any questions about my cross , feel free to ask  :smitten:

Hopefree, I've been reading your posts ...... I crossed from K to V. It was not easy for me at all I must say, but I am glad I did it. It took me three months to cross from .375 mg K , and I had to cross to 10 mg V . I did have K withdrawals the whole time. But I went very slowly, especially with the last .125 mgs. If the symptoms were too much I just waited to do more substitution . It's a bit like tapering really, and I definitely couldn't follow the Ashton crossover speed. I agree that K is very strong, for me I just couldn't see how I could taper it. Although Ina way I felt better on it ,  I had more energy , with the V I don't get interdose WDs and I can go very very slowly. Which is what I am having to do now. It's still a benzo , and it makes me tired , but overall I'm glad I made the switch. My long hold is paying off ( I'm going to make another post about that in a minute )

hi miyu I'm glad you got your crossover over with and are on all v. There's a lot of misconceptions about crossovers that they're easy and I know they are not, because while you are still putting in valium, you have to withdraw off the k. Which holds on for dear life. I'm still at a high dose of k. 2.5 mgs. I only get 1 mg pills. For me to cut out the k at small levels I'd have to use scale or liquify it so I feel why not just try to taper the k. I definitely would see the benefits of going to v on a small dosage. I have a feeling as I get down in my k I'm going to have to replace with v. But only time will tell. Thank you for your kind words. :)  Nicole

hi miyu I'm glad you got your crossover over with and are on all v. There's a lot of misconceptions about crossovers that they're easy and I know they are not, because while you are still putting in valium, you have to withdraw off the k. Which holds on for dear life. I'm still at a high dose of k. 2.5 mgs. I only get 1 mg pills. For me to cut out the k at small levels I'd have to use scale or liquify it so I feel why not just try to taper the k. I definitely would see the benefits of going to v on a small dosage. I have a feeling as I get down in my k I'm going to have to replace with v. But only time will tell. Thank you for your kind words. :)  Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Yes, I can see that you would want to wait til you are at a lower dose of K before crossing over. If you can make liquid and go slow with the K , listen to your body , you will get there  :hug:

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give an update..... First, sending hugs and love to everyone and hoping today is a better day if you are having symptoms.  :smitten:

My hold is definitely helping me stabilize . I decided to try a very small cut .... A couple actually. They are so minute you wouldn't think the brain would notice , but it does ! I can't even calculate the % as its so tiny. I did get symptoms , but I am bouncing back, and it's definitely better than the last time I tried. I have more energy these days, still mostly at home , but I try to go out even fro a little drive each day if nothing else. I can usually do some projects in the mornings, and mostly rest and watch some series in the afternoons. I feel more positive , and accepting of my symptoms .

Gard , I'm with you on the sloth taper :) 

I'm still going to hold , and occasionally try a tiny cut to test the waters,  it does help me to feel I am moving forward , and hopefully without causing further problems . Feels right for me so that's my plan for now.

Love, MiYu  :-*

Ps anyone hear from Shamo? I'm thinking he is doing well as he hasnt been here in a while .... Hope he checks back in to let us know how he's doing ....

Hi Nicole,

Yes, I can see that you would want to wait til you are at a lower dose of K before crossing over. If you can make liquid and go slow with the K , listen to your body , you will get there  :hug:

thank you Miyu for the encouragement!  :smitten:

I have never posted here before but am hoping for some advice.

I am at a point now where I am suffering from a ton of anxiety, which is not yet debilitating but feels like it can move in that direction. And of course anxiety is fueling depression. Any thoughts on whether a long hold would help with this? I did hold for a while over the holidays as I was very sick with flu/bronchitis, and now cannot seem to make much headway. I am starting to feel completely overwhelmed, thinking of updosing as well to .5, where I felt good, but not sure if an updose will actually help or not.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

Hi NJ! Welcome to the group. Sorry about the flu and bronchitis. It can definitely ramp up sxs for you. IMO, I would hold until the anxiety lets up a little and then very slowly start to taper. Make a tiny cut and see how you react after holding. If you make small cuts and go very slowly, you should be able to mange your way through this nightmare.  :)--V

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd give an update..... First, sending hugs and love to everyone and hoping today is a better day if you are having symptoms.  :smitten:

My hold is definitely helping me stabilize . I decided to try a very small cut .... A couple actually. They are so minute you wouldn't think the brain would notice , but it does ! I can't even calculate the % as its so tiny. I did get symptoms , but I am bouncing back, and it's definitely better than the last time I tried. I have more energy these days, still mostly at home , but I try to go out even fro a little drive each day if nothing else. I can usually do some projects in the mornings, and mostly rest and watch some series in the afternoons. I feel more positive , and accepting of my symptoms .

Gard , I'm with you on the sloth taper :) 

I'm still going to hold , and occasionally try a tiny cut to test the waters,  it does help me to feel I am moving forward , and hopefully without causing further problems . Feels right for me so that's my plan for now.

Love, MiYu  :-*

Ps anyone hear from Shamo? I'm thinking he is doing well as he hasnt been here in a while .... Hope he checks back in to let us know how he's doing ....

So glad you're feeling better and continuing to hold.  :clap:

I hear from Shamo every once in a while. He was doing better the last time he PM'd me.  :)--V

[78...]