Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone  :hug: I'm still holding and Just saying hello as I'm not up to typing much but will post again when I feel up to it and if anyone interested I started a progress log on this link here... Nova's up-dosing progress log http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=175402.0#new. I am now 3 months, 1 week and 3 days  into my hold and its taken a lot out of me typing that P/Log up plus I've done a bit too much indoors, so time to rest the brain and body now  :) I will post more on this support thread when I'm up to it  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug: I'm still holding and Just saying hello as I'm not up to typing much but will post again when I feel up to it and if anyone interested I started a progress log on this link here... Nova's up-dosing progress log http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=175402.0#new. I am now 3 months, 1 week and 3 days  into my hold and its taken a lot out of me typing that P/Log up plus I've done a bit too much indoors, so time to rest the brain and body now  :) I will post more on this support thread when I'm up to it  :thumbsup:

Thinking of you always [glow=red,2,300]"SISTA' "[/glow] You are a fighter and I am here for you, Always. Rest we will be here for you. :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thinking of you always [glow=red,2,300]"SISTA' "[/glow] You are a fighter and I am here for you, Always. Rest we will be here for you. :thumbsup::smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Thank you sista'  :hug: much love to you  :smitten: :smitten:  :-*:mybuddy:

Is anyone in baylissas group? I was going to join months ago but didn't. Has anyone found it to be helpful? Do you call on the phone or email or...? Any input would be appreciated.

HI Hopefree....... I just subscribed to Balissas website a few days ago ...... I love her, she is so supportive and wonderful . Knowledgeable too. For $10 month you get access to all her audios and videos and writings . For me it is well worth it as she is such a sweetheart . I dont do consultations , just listen and watch her videos . She is not a doctor, but has been through this herself as you know and has been helping people for 11 years so has a lot of good experience to pass on. I find her very encouraging and helpful relative to acceptance etc. not sure about a group? I didn't see one on her site.

Hope this helps  :smitten:

Is anyone in baylissas group? I was going to join months ago but didn't. Has anyone found it to be helpful? Do you call on the phone or email or...? Any input would be appreciated.

HI Hopefree....... I just subscribed to Balissas website a few days ago ...... I love her, she is so supportive and wonderful . Knowledgeable too. For $10 month you get access to all her audios and videos and writings . For me it is well worth it as she is such a sweetheart . I dont do consultations , just listen and watch her videos . She is not a doctor, but has been through this herself as you know and has been helping people for 11 years so has a lot of good experience to pass on. I find her very encouraging and helpful relative to acceptance etc. not sure about a group? I didn't see one on her site.

Hope this helps  :smitten:

thank you miyu! I was told she wasn't accepting new clients but went to the site last night and saw she was so I'm going to join. :)  I saw too she has a Facebook page which I assume is linked to the website. I've heard nothing but good things about her and her site. I'm glad you are finding it helpful! Thank you. Nicole :)

Need some reassurance here. I have gone from 6-7 to 2.5 klonopin in ten months and in two cuts. Holding for four months now. As obviously I've gone too fast. It makes logical sense to me to let my brain catch up, and having significant life stressors one after another starting in December (big things, family tragedy, where am I going to be living next month, husbands health declining) also had the flu in January for weeks. Then I just now go to k Klub and two people posts that they don't believe in long holds as k is poison (as I'm sure we a think no matter what benzo we are on) and that to keep on pushing through because Ashton says healing doesn't happen until benzos are out of the body. I do not believe that because I do believe my brain has to catch up with what I've done and if I keep on "pushing through" it's going to hurt me in the long run. Just putting doubts in my head and need reassurance I'm doing the right thing. What I did on ten months as far as reduction, even in a slow taper would take much longer. I've read valleys list many times and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the vent, just really did not need to read those posts today. Nicole

Need some reassurance here. I have gone from 6-7 to 2.5 klonopin in ten months and in two cuts. Holding for four months now. As obviously I've gone too fast. It makes logical sense to me to let my brain catch up, and having significant life stressors one after another starting in December (big things, family tragedy, where am I going to be living next month, husbands health declining) also had the flu in January for weeks. Then I just now go to k Klub and two people had posted  that they don't believe in long holds as k is poison (as I'm sure we a think no matter what benzo we are on) and that to keep on pushing through because Ashton says healing doesn't happen until benzos are out of the body. I do not believe that because I do believe my brain has to catch up with what I've done and if I keep on "pushing through" it's going to hurt me in the long run. Just putting doubts in my head and need reassurance I'm doing the right thing. What I did on ten months as far as reduction, even in a slow taper would take much longer. I've read valleys list many times and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the vent, just really did not need to read those posts today. Nicole

Need some reassurance here. I have gone from 6-7 to 2.5 klonopin in ten months and in two cuts. Holding for four months now. As obviously I've gone too fast. It makes logical sense to me to let my brain catch up, and having significant life stressors one after another starting in December (big things, family tragedy, where am I going to be living next month, husbands health declining) also had the flu in December for weeks. Then I just now go to k Klub and two people posts that they don't believe in long holds as k is poison (as I'm sure we a think no matter what benzo we are on) and that to keep on pushing through because Ashton says healing doesn't happen until benzos are out of the body. I do not believe that because I do believe my brain has to catch up with what I've done and if I keep on "pushing through" it's going to hurt me in the long run. Just putting doubts in my head and need reassurance I'm doing the right thing. What I did on ten months as far as reduction, even in a slow taper would take much longer. I've read valleys list many times and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the vent, just really did not need to read those posts today. Nicole

Hopefreegirl, I have been on the KK boards since 2014 I was on 4 mgs K for over 20 years till I did a partial C/O to Valium as it was the only way I could or thought I could get of the K. I am now just on V and still tapering but have slowed things down as in holding for however long I feel I need to. Point is for some K makes them feel worse when holding some the opposite so I guess what I am say or blabbing on about is it`s an individual thing just like your taper needs to be  as one shoe does not fit all !Keep the faith and do what works for you no one person has the perfect way ! ~ CD

Need some reassurance here. I have gone from 6-7 to 2.5 klonopin in ten months and in two cuts. Holding for four months now. As obviously I've gone too fast. It makes logical sense to me to let my brain catch up, and having significant life stressors one after another starting in December (big things, family tragedy, where am I going to be living next month, husbands health declining) also had the flu in December for weeks. Then I just now go to k Klub and two people posts that they don't believe in long holds as k is poison (as I'm sure we a think no matter what benzo we are on) and that to keep on pushing through because Ashton says healing doesn't happen until benzos are out of the body. I do not believe that because I do believe my brain has to catch up with what I've done and if I keep on "pushing through" it's going to hurt me in the long run. Just putting doubts in my head and need reassurance I'm doing the right thing. What I did on ten months as far as reduction, even in a slow taper would take much longer. I've read valleys list many times and it makes sense to me. Sorry for the vent, just really did not need to read those posts today. Nicole

Hopefreegirl, I have been on the KK boards since 2014 I was on 4 mgs K for over 20 years till I did a partial C/O to Valium as it was the only way I could or thought I could get of the K. I am now just on V and still tapering but have slowed things down as in holding for however long I feel I need to. Point is for some K makes them feel worse when holding some the opposite so I guess what I am say or blabbing on about is it`s an individual thing just like your taper needs to be  as one shoe does not fit all !Keep the faith and do what works for you no one person has the perfect way ! ~ CD

thank you cd, I too because of doctor disaster am on 20 mgs valium as well. And I know everybody's journey is different. But I just feel whether it's k or any other benzo everyone feels their benzo is poison and want it out. Am I better since my last cut, yes I am. If I would've kept going I'd be in extremely bad shape right now, well worse shape I should say. I'm glad to hear you did a partial crossover, as I had to add valium when I was completely cut off of my k. I had no choice. But now have access to my k again. But anyway, thank you for the reassurance and helping me feel better. I know it's not a one size fits all thing. Just not in a good head space and didn't need to see that today. Thank you cd. :)

thank you cd, I too because of doctor disaster am on 20 mgs valium as well. And I know everybody's journey is different. But I just feel whether it's k or any other benzo everyone feels their benzo is poison and want it out. Am I better since my last cut, yes I am. If I would've kept going I'd be in extremely bad shape right now, well worse shape I should say. I'm glad to hear you did a partial crossover, as I had to add valium when I completely cut off of my k. I had no choice. But now have access to my k again. But anyway, thank you for the reassurance and helping me feel better. I know it's not a one size fits all thing. Just not in a good head space and didn't need to see that today. Thank you cd. :)

Hope glad I could help as I do know how easily upset some things we read at times on here can makes us at times. There are some really great people on KK so they were just offering their opinion as they have helped me in many ways and still do. Take what you can from the well meaning people on this site but like I said before everyone is different !                    Breathe and Smile ~ CD

thank you cd, I too because of doctor disaster am on 20 mgs valium as well. And I know everybody's journey is different. But I just feel whether it's k or any other benzo everyone feels their benzo is poison and want it out. Am I better since my last cut, yes I am. If I would've kept going I'd be in extremely bad shape right now, well worse shape I should say. I'm glad to hear you did a partial crossover, as I had to add valium when I completely cut off of my k. I had no choice. But now have access to my k again. But anyway, thank you for the reassurance and helping me feel better. I know it's not a one size fits all thing. Just not in a good head space and didn't need to see that today. Thank you cd. :)

Hope glad I could help as I do know how easily upset some things we read at times on here can makes us at times. There are some really great people on KK so they were just offering their opinion as they have helped me in many ways and still do. Take what you can from the well meaning people on this site but like I said before everyone is different !                    Breathe and Smile ~ CD

yes I realize everyone is just trying to help and we are all trying to find our way. I do believe everyone's taper and circumstances are different, so there is no one way to approach this. I do believe I'm healing in this hold as I'm letting my brain catch up to the 50% cut I did then the 18-30% ish percent cut I made. So smile and breathe, yes :) thank you

Great advice CD! I really can't add anything more to it. 

Wishing better days for you Hopefree. I'm sure you'll find what works for you. I'm constantly adjusting based on sxs. I just got hit overnight with head pressure, tinnitus, tremors, cog fog and freezing cold. Ive been cutting for 4 days and it snuck up on me. I've had to power through today as it has been busy for my business. I'll definitely need to adjust some things. It's all trial and error because benzos are so unpredictable. I'm finding what worked before will not always work right now so I'm always adjusting how many days in a row I cut, the amount I cut and how long I hold. The good news is I can still function through the not so great times.  :)--V

Great advice CD! I really can't add anything more to it. 

Wishing better days for you Hopefree. I'm sure you'll find what works for you. I'm constantly adjusting based on sxs. I just got hit overnight with head pressure, tinnitus, tremors, cog fog and freezing cold. Ive been cutting for 4 days and it snuck up on me. I've had to power through today as it has been busy for my business. I'll definitely need to adjust some things. It's all trial and error because benzos are so unpredictable. I'm finding what worked before will not always work right now so I'm always adjusting how many days in a row I cut, the amount I cut and how long I hold. The good news is I can still function through the not so great times.  :)--V

thank you v. Just reading healing is not happening until all benzos are out just upset me and I don't believe it. With what I have done to my brain, healing from the mistakes I have made has to be happening. If I was to have just kept pushing through it just contradicts what I believe about the healing process from the withdrawal. Sorry you got some new symptoms, I hope you feel better. :)

I agree. If healing wasn't happening, there would be no point in a taper at all.  :)--V

I completely agree also, each time we feel better after struggling and feel stable, isn't that an indication of healing?. And that particular issue is going to be debated till the twelfth of never, so read it and leave it. :smitten:

Yes read it and left it. I've been holding for four months now. But considering the cuts I've made and how quickly, I think it warrants holding. I'm not stable but surely better than after my last monster cut. So still waiting it out a bit and praying for some more stability. Just hearing about klonopin and holding through me for a loop. I'm listening to my gut on this one.

Yes read it and left it. I've been holding for four months now. But considering the cuts I've made and how quickly, I think it warrants holding. I'm not stable but surely better than after my last monster cut. So still waiting it out a bit and praying for some more stability. Just hearing about klonopin and holding through me for a loop. I'm listening to my gut on this one.

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I have read posts by people who have not benefited from holding.  They never improved.  I don't know why this is.  I have always improved as time went by.  I would say that if you have seen improvement over time then you are not one of those that are toxic on the drug (paradoxical?).  Of course, it's hard to know how or why people have different experiences.  Some say they got worse while holding.  So, again, if you are seeing gradual improvement then a hold will most likely get you to a good place if you give it enough time.  I do think that there are times (particularly after a too large or too rapid taper) when the brain needs a break, needs time to recover and heal.  And when we do start feeling better, well, this is healing happening.

I have read posts by people who have not benefited from holding.  They never improved.  I don't know why this is.  I have always improved as time went by.  I would say that if you have seen improvement over time then you are not one of those that are toxic on the drug (paradoxical?).  Of course, it's hard to know how or why people have different experiences.  Some say they got worse while holding.  So, again, if you are seeing gradual improvement then a hold will most likely get you to a good place if you give it enough time.  I do think that there are times (particularly after a too large or too rapid taper) when the brain needs a break, needs time to recover and heal.  And when we do start feeling better, well, this is healing happening.

at this point lynn I'm so confused, I don't know anymore. Symptoms immediately after my last cut, are better, some reappear, some are gone, some are the same. I can't tell at this point if I'm paradoxical, or if it's just symptoms. With my last cut in October I also had to introduce some Valium because I was cut off of my k for about a week, but I got it back. So now I've introduced another benzo in the mix. Huge life stressors non stop since December (big things not usual life issues), got the flu for weeks, one huge thing after another in my personal life. Everyday is different for me, so don't know if I'm improving or not. I'm just taking it one day at a time at this point. Husband health declining, lost his job, new surprise this week, may have to move. Since December, starting with a family tragedy, it's been things like this, one after the other. So I don't know if it's all this life stuff keeping me from stabilizing or what. I do know when I take the Valium at night, much less anxiety, heart goes down (bad symptom since day one), I can walk around more, I can stand longer so maybe paradoxical to k, I don't know. Considered crossover but heard it's very difficult and I don't have enough Valium to do full crossover, I could get down to 1 k with the Valium I have available. So I'm completely lost as what to do. I'm still going to hold for a bit as I have no choice to see what's to come of this possible move. Sorry for the whine post. I guess I'll see what happens.

at this point lynn I'm so confused, I don't know anymore. Symptoms immediately after my last cut, are better, some reappear, some are gone, some are the same. I can't tell at this point if I'm paradoxical, or if it's just symptoms. With my last cut in October I also had to introduce some Valium because I was cut off of my k for about a week, but I got it back. So now I've introduced another benzo in the mix. Huge life stressors non stop since December (big things not usual life issues), got the flu for weeks, one huge thing after another in my personal life. Everyday is different for me, so don't know if I'm improving or not. I'm just taking it one day at a time at this point. Husband health declining, lost his job, new surprise this week, may have to move. Since December, starting with a family tragedy, it's been things like this, one after the other. So I don't know if it's all this life stuff keeping me from stabilizing or what. I do know when I take the Valium at night, much less anxiety, heart goes down (bad symptom since day one), I can walk around more, I can stand longer so maybe paradoxical to k, I don't know. Considered crossover but heard it's very difficult and I don't have enough Valium to do full crossover, I could get down to 1 k with the Valium I have available. So I'm completely lost as what to do. I'm still going to hold for a bit as I have no choice to see what's to come of this possible move. Sorry for the whine post. I guess I'll see what happens.

Hi Hopefree. Would your doctor be open to a partial cross? I know its a longshot but could possibly help you off the K.  :)--V

Hi Hopefree. Would your doctor be open to a partial cross? I know its a longshot but could possibly help you off the K.  :)--V

my doctor is totally clueless about benzos, he is the one would gave me three Valium for three klonopin. He said a benzo is a benzo. Thank god my husband gets klonopin that he doesn't take or I would've been cold turkeyed. I did get him to up the v to 5. I cannot find any "benzo wise" doctors in my area. But anyway, I have enough v to crossover to get down to 1mg k. Which would be fabulous ,but hear crossovers are not easy and some say horrible, and I only get 1 mg k pills. I ordered supposedly the best pill cutter on the market to possibly cut the k in forths. I can't take .5 off my k, it's too much. I just go to the substitution board and no one is on as much k as me when they cross over. But I'll check out the board again. I have been considering this. This k is a monster and I'm tolerant to it. I'd end up on possibly 50 Mgs of Valium. It seems so massive. Thank you for the suggestion valley, let me go study that board some more. :)

Didn't Betsy add in a large amount of V to taper off K?  I think this is what I remember - that she was able to taper off the K and is now tapering the V(?).  I can't remember her forum name - benzogirl??  Might be worth asking her about her experience.

I wouldn't discount the stress ramping things up alot.  I had this experience and stuff would come roaring back.  I was in bad shape going from 8mg xanax to 1mg in 3 months.  I held 8 months before I was able to start tapering again.  It took months to start getting to a decent place and then things gradually improved.  I think some just need more time and think that the hold is not working but in many cases it's just normal wd that they are still experiencing.  My decision to hold back then was before I found BB.  It was just common sense to me that I needed time to recover and should not further stress my brain for a while.  I knew nothing of "tolerance withdrawal" (which is rare - see Colin's discussion of it) so I had no fear.

All of that said, it seems that K presents some unique issues.

my doctor is totally clueless about benzos, he is the one would gave me three Valium for three klonopin. He said a benzo is a benzo. Thank god my husband gets klonopin that he doesn't take or I would've been cold turkeyed. I did get him to up the v to 5. I cannot find any "benzo wise" doctors in my area. But anyway, I have enough v to crossover to get down to 1mg k. Which would be fabulous ,but hear crossovers are not easy and some say horrible, and I only get 1 mg k pills. I ordered supposedly the best pill cutter on the market to possibly cut the k in forths. I can't take .5 off my k, it's too much. I just go to the substitution board and no one is on as much k as me when they cross over. But I'll check out the board again. I have been considering this. This k is a monster and I'm tolerant to it. I'd end up on possibly 50 Mgs of Valium. It seems so massive. Thank you for the suggestion valley, let me go study that board some more. :)

I crossed and is not easy but it was not impossible. I think s-l-o-w-l-y is the key. Then if it is a disaster you find out before it's too late.

I was on a partial cross for many, many months and would have tapered all the way off the X that way, leaving me with only L, if my doctor had been agreeable. The L took the edge off of hte X which was giving me terrible interdose w/d. K is very short acting, too and could be making you yo-yo.

I gave up dry cutting very early in my taper. Liquids have always been easier for me. Easier to make tiny cuts. Valium even comes as a liquid that you only have to dilute. (My auto-correct changed it to "squids" have always been easier for me! :laugh:)

Didn't Betsy add in a large amount of V to taper off K?  I think this is what I remember - that she was able to taper off the K and is now tapering the V(?).  I can't remember her forum name - benzogirl??  Might be worth asking her about her experience.

I wouldn't discount the stress ramping things up alot.  I had this experience and stuff would come roaring back.  I was in bad shape going from 8mg xanax to 1mg in 3 months.  I held 8 months before I was able to start tapering again.  It took months to start getting to a decent place and then things gradually improved.  I think some just need more time and think that the hold is not working but in many cases it's just normal wd that they are still experiencing.  My decision to hold back then was before I found BB.  It was just common sense to me that I needed time to recover and should not further stress my brain for a while.  I knew nothing of "tolerance withdrawal" (which is rare - see Colin's discussion of it) so I had no fear.

All of that said, it seems that K presents some unique issues.

yes I've spoke to Betsy, she was on 10 Mgs of k and crossed I think she said was 60 or 70. I know, it is common sense I believe after the disasters I've made, but I believe I've been in tolerance to k since dec 2015, made 50% cut then ten months later another big cut. I've spoke to many that say they would rather taper v than k. Not that any of its fun but As k is so potent and holds on for dear life. I'm gonna keep researching. Thank you lynn. :)

I crossed and is not easy but it was not impossible. I think s-l-o-w-l-y is the key. Then if it is a disaster you find out before it's too late.

I was on a partial cross for many, many months and would have tapered all the way off the X that way, leaving me with only L, if my doctor had been agreeable. The L took the edge off of hte X which was giving me terrible interdose w/d. K is very short acting, too and could be making you yo-yo.

I gave up dry cutting very early in my taper. Liquids have always been easier for me. Easier to make tiny cuts. Valium even comes as a liquid that you only have to dilute. (My auto-correct changed it to "squids" have always been easier for me! :laugh:)

hey gard, I'm going to look at the crossovers board and see what I can find. Ashton says crossovers fail because they're not done slow enough or dose equivalent. Klonopin is second behind Valium as far as long acting from my understanding, it's just so potent. Thanks for the insight. :)

[33...]