Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you for posting all these quotes. It has eased my worry for the time being. Is there any way I can copy &  paste this or move it somewhere safe for reference when I need it?

Peace

Mellow

I post the list about every 2 weeks and add to it periodically. Here is a quick link to the current list.  :)--V

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.msg2323283;topicseen#msg2323283

I'm a liberal gal. Very open minded. Lots of time on my hands......

SO I'M STICKING WITH ALL THREE GROUPS.....

CHICKENS :D. Yay :laugh:

TURTLES :D. Yay :laugh:

SLOTHS :D yay :laugh:

HEATH  ::)

Psych doc and internist say back spasms are from my too extensive exercise at the gym. Spasms are subsiding. Won't exercise like that again!

So I'm doing a small cut. Hope I'm not sorry.

Heath ???

Psych doc and internist say back spasms are from my too extensive exercise at the gym. Spasms are subsiding. Won't exercise like that again!

Heath ???

That's too bad. I wish we could exercise normally. I tried but gave up due to spasm and joint pain. Just walking is about all I can manage besides packing my granddaughter around lol.  :)--V

BABY sloth! I taper cute-ly. (Well, not really, but I can fantasize.)

http://videos.revision3.com/revision3/images/shows/animalisttoo/0005/animalisttoo--0005--sloth-talk--large.thumb.jpg

I've never heard of a cute taper lol! Maybe we should start a "cute taper" support group for those who taper "cutely".  :laugh:

So does this mean you're in or out? Hmmm?

I'm already a member of the ugly taper group so I'm probably banned from this one.  :laugh:

With benzos, anything is possible! :o

Thank you for posting all these quotes. It has eased my worry for the time being. Is there any way I can copy &  paste this or move it somewhere safe for reference when I need it?

Peace

Mellow

Mellow, There is something called a Progress Log on this site. You get to start a thread and only you can write on it. People chart their progress or anything else they want to write about. I put stuff like this into my progress log. For me, it is actually is much more a collection of helpful information than progress log. I book-marked mine so I don't lose it.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=87.0  Just click New Topic and give it a name you will remember.

Heath ???

That's too bad. I wish we could exercise normally. I tried but gave up due to spasm and joint pain. Just walking is about all I can manage besides packing my granddaughter around lol.  :)--V

Yes you are right, Valley. I'm still going to exercise but not the way I want to. Going to keep it real easy, mostly stretching and walking. I guess I over did it becUse I don't like that I am putting on weight from being So sedentary.

But atleast I know the spasms are 99% from exercise, and most likely not withdrawal related.

So I am glad for that.  Now I feel more confident in my readiness to make another small cut..

Thanks Valley. I sure hope you feel better enough to get in whatever exercise you need without overdoing it. I guess we all have to b careful!

Take care!

Heath

PS I actually went shlepping around the shopping center and to Sam's club today for about three hours. I'm pushing through the back spasms. Doc says I have to keep moving no matter what. Alleve is helping too.

Gardner...

Thanks for the tip about the progress log space. And the tip to bookmark it so I can find it again easily! I didn't know you were such a pro!

Heath

Gardner...

Thanks for the tip about the progress log space. And the tip to bookmark it so I can find it again easily! I didn't know you were such a pro!

Heath

lol, yup, a pro at hanging around on BB forever  :laugh:

Actually, I think I learned my way around this site from people on the MT thread back in the Sharkey days. Had blog back then, too, that Sharkey asked me to make for the MT thread people to gab on. It was fun. MT used to be very, very active, and a great bunch much like here. But I couldn't keep up with managing the blog after my Xanax crash. Asked the mods to take it down. Boy, that was a long time ago. Can't believe I'm still on Benzos and still so far from being done.

Well, got my hibernating sloth out of hibernation last night at a whopping 1% rate! Better update my profile!

Hi everyone! I am not a member of your group. I just read Valley Um's post on another thread and it really got me to thinking about long holds. As you can see in my sig, this is my 3rd time on Klonopin and it has not been very nice to me this time. I am decreasing 8% every 14 days by dry cutting using a scale. Guys, these sxs make me so sad! It seems I cry most of the time every other day. I'm not doing well this time. Do you think a month hold would do me good? Give my brain a rest? I think I know the answer, but I just don't want to slow things down. I know I need to heal, though. Do you all think I'll be OK when all this is over? So scared.  :'( Thank you and you guys look like a great group of people.

BBM, I am so sorry you are having a bad time, yes I think it would help if you hold, and I am not sure if a month will be enough or not, you would know, you are not going to be wasting time, if you hold, you are allowing your Brain to catch up, and it needs this more than you know, the issue should not be that you do not want to slow down, but that you want to function and be rid of the sadness, yes I think it will get better, but no time frame as each of us are different. But if you are feeling bad now it is going to get worse, give yourself a break and let everything catch up. Also, you may be cutting more than your body is able to take, I know....but the thing is that you are going to have to think of the long run, and finally getting off, this is my third try and it is my Last, but I am doing well, just some minor blips at times for a short while. Do not doubt anything if you want to feel better you will, but you have some decisions to make, more will come on and offer up their help also. Stay Strong. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi everyone! I am not a member of your group. I just read Valley Um's post on another thread and it really got me to thinking about long holds. As you can see in my sig, this is my 3rd time on Klonopin and it has not been very nice to me this time. I am decreasing 8% every 14 days by dry cutting using a scale. Guys, these sxs make me so sad! It seems I cry most of the time every other day. I'm not doing well this time. Do you think a month hold would do me good? Give my brain a rest? I think I know the answer, but I just don't want to slow things down. I know I need to heal, though. Do you all think I'll be OK when all this is over? So scared.  :'( Thank you and you guys look like a great group of people.

Hi BBM. I'd definitely hold for a bit and then slow the taper rate. Try to keep sxs to a minimum so you can function and enjoy life. In the end what matters most is living your life the way you want and walking off healed at the jump no matter how long it takes. Glad to have you with us!  :)--V

Thank you Begood and Valley Um. I was thinking 5% instead of 8% when I resume tapering. I guess that 3% can make a big difference? Thank you guys for your responses. It really means alot to me. I just am so over being so sad all of the time! It just seems like everything is such a big deal! Then that brings on the crying....

Hey Heath,

I did the same thing,..I exercised too much and for the past two days my upper back and chest muscles have been spamming on me.

I have done this before and may be dumb enough to do it again.

For some reason when I'm feeling good I over do it. Then the muscle spasms start and they can get real scary. I always think , hey am I having a great attack or something then I realize It is my muscles spasming and causing all sorts of pain. Little helps but alternating heat and cold packs help some. Time is the best healer. I did take some muscle relaxers once called Cyclobenzaprine,..sounds bad but they are not benzos and they do help relax the spasms and as an offshoot they help you sleep real good too. I only took them at night because if taken in the day time they will put you to bed.

Hope your feeling better soon and me too.  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

Welcome bballmom

I have been on this long hold forum for about 8 months, done more than one long or moderate hold, and have always gotten the best advice and encouragement. The long holds (however long they have to be dpends on your indivivdual  circumstances and how you are feeling) and the smaller cuts in the doses are the best thing you can do for yourself right now. It will give your body and brain the time it needs to heal and for your sideffects to diminish greatly.

I agree with ValleyUm and BeGood completely. To me, they are masters at the craft of getting off benzos slowly and with as little pain as possible.

Good luck and welcome again bballmom

Heathcliff

Hey Heath,

I did the same thing,..I exercised too much and for the past two days my upper back and chest muscles have been spamming on me.

I have done this before and may be dumb enough to do it again.

For some reason when I'm feeling good I over do it. Then the muscle spasms start and they can get real scary. I always think , hey am I having a great attack or something then I realize It is my muscles spamming and causing all sorts of pain. Little helps but alternating heat and cold packs hell some. Time is the best healer. I did take some muscle relaxers once called Cyclobenzaprine,..sounds bad but they are not benzos and they do help relax the spasms and as an offshoot they help you sleep real good too. I only took them at night because if taken in the day time they will put you to bed.

Hope your feeling better soon and me too.  :thumbsup:

ATU

Thanks ATU,

What you described is exactly what happened to me. I was feeling great had been tapering with very short holds and tiny cuts for about two months. Thought I was a master at tapering. Felt really really symptom free. So what to I do...go to the gym and knock myself out. Actually I didn't exercise all that much...1/2 hour on treadmill just a hair faster than unusual, and the bike fir about 20 minutes. Hey that is not so much! But it was for me!

Lesson learned the hard way.

Now I am dealing with the consequences.

Low back pain since February 6 has diminished some, but I'm still dealing with it. Doing all the suggestions given to me, keeping up walking, not being sedentary, ice, heat, light stretches, And waiting it out.

This too shall pass but it may take a while. That's life on benzo tapers I guess.

Thanks for the encouragement ATU,

ALL THE BEST TO YOU! Peace, healing, patience  and courage!

Heath.  :smitten:

Heath,

I'm not sure why but it seems to me at these lower V doses and with us going slow, we tend feeling not too bad a good part of the time and feel real good a small portion of time and feel crappy when we cut and hold and suffer for a number of days. But on this low dose when we do aggravate a muscle say or even get a cold or some other minor ailment, they all effect us as if they are major issues. This is even true, at least in my case of minor drama around the house. It effects me in an amplified way!

This is a good observation and lesson to learn that being able to recognize these exaggerated sxs for what they are and not let it get us questioning our overall condition at it were is the big goal for us.

As you say this too shall pass and if we can remember to not try to do too much on the good days we should make it through this roller coaster ride.

Peace & Healing  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Heath,

I'm not sure why but it seems to me at these lower V doses and with us going slow, we tend feeling not too bad a good part of the time and feel real good a small portion of time and feel crappy when we cut and hold and suffer for a number of days. But on this low dose when we do aggravate a muscle say or even get a cold or some other minor ailment, they all effect us as if they are major issues. This is even true, at least in my case of minor drama around the house. It effects me in an amplified way!

This is a good observation and lesson to learn that being able to recognize these exaggerated sxs for what they are and not let it get us questioning our overall condition at it were is the big goal for us.

As you say this too shall pass and if we can remember to not try to do too much on the good days we should make it through this roller coaster ride.

Peace & Healing  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

ATU 🙏

Well said ATU, and Heath, Pearls of Wisdom. :thumbsup::smitten:

Heath, all

In regards to back spasms,.. One other helpful trick my wife taught me was to take an ordinary rubber ball, you know the one the size of a baseball usually stripped or other. Put it in an old long sock and then use it to massage your back muscles by standing back against a wall and with the ball in sock between you and the slung over your shoulder. It can be used this way to reach those hard to reach back muscles that spasm on us. You just gyrate against it in circular motions leaning back against the ball with as much weight as is comfortable.

This really works well.

Peace & Healing

ATU 🙏

Thanks ATU, again! :)

Yes I've done the ball in the sock thing for my neck but for some reason I didn't think of it for my back.

I'll go do it right now!

Hope you're  doing ok today. :thumbsup:

Heath  ;)

Hi everyone, and Hi BBM...

I love it when i wake up like this, feeling much better than what i have been... -such a good idea this holding, as ii know im doing no harm... suspect im getting used to the titration mix now too... now a tonne of sxs to shed and all will be well in the world...!

As for over exercising... -i suspect that that was the straw that broke this camels back, not that i was going to make it too much further without changes anyway.... But the day of extreme physical brought me crashing to my knees with sxs that i have never seen before or since... perhaps like a kind of toxic release...?

Anyways, good morning, wishing everyone a Great day/night... :)

I love it when i wake up like this, feeling much better than what i have been... -such a good idea this holding, as ii know im doing no harm... suspect im getting used to the titration mix now too... now a tonne of sxs to shed and all will be well in the world...!

As for over exercising... -i suspect that that was the straw that broke this camels back, not that i was going to make it too much further without changes anyway.... But the day of extreme physical brought me crashing to my knees with sxs that i have never seen before or since... perhaps like a kind of toxic release...?

[glow=red,2,300]"Great to Hear" thanks for letting us know things are getting better. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

That's great you're feeling better!  :thumbsup:

Welcome, BBMom. ;D

I have to agree that holding is not slowing down. It is giving your brain time to heal. You can heal now or you can heal later, but your brain will take as much time as it needs. It can't be rushed.

When I was in bad shape from pushing my taper, even my benzo-clueless primary doctor told me to hold all meds and make no reductions, and take everything in the same amount at the same time very day for many months to stabilize because "the brain likes consistency." She was right. Holding everything the same for 6 months stabilized me and now I am tapering more slowly and putting a 1-2 week hold whenever the symptoms become unmanageable. It's still hard but it doesn't seem impossible. I have hope now that I did not have before. It was worth it.

Gard :smitten:

Thank you Begood and Valley Um. I was thinking 5% instead of 8% when I resume tapering. I guess that 3% can make a big difference? Thank you guys for your responses. It really means alot to me. I just am so over being so sad all of the time! It just seems like everything is such a big deal! Then that brings on the crying....

BBallmom

I'm on K as well. When I make a cut, it takes me 7-10 days for the uncomfortable symptoms to kick in. Near constant crying and anxiety were typical reactions ....They say even men experience the crying .......At any rate, I learned the hard way and for me personally, 3% decrease no more often than every 2 weeks seems to keep symptoms at bay. We are all different. I know I couldn't tolerate even a 5% cut at this time.......Perhaps later.  I am going to milk titration after I finish holding for another week or two.

Best wishes and Peace

Mellowplease

[aa...]