Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Everyone that responded to me thank you sooooo sooooomuch for your kind encouraging words....sincerely and really.....

Why do I analyze so much about all of this.....Its tormenting me....Ive made so many errors and i just want to get this right....your right the fear is in the front seat big time with all the excruciating sxs.... I know there is no way I will be sx free  because of my history but if I can just make them manageable and have some peace so I can taper ..... Dear God that is all I ask for.... Please help me and my other fellow buddies to endure...

All I can do is try....

I appreciate every single one of you....

and please someone told me forgot who (what a surprise :) ) that over analyzing the withdrawal is part of the withdrawal process itself. I am for sure a victim of this, as over this past year I've made huge mistakes and now over analyzing how I should proceed. Like a deer in headlights. But just know you're going in the right direction. I know you gave me hope today. And I hope you found some peace in having your window. Great sign! Hugs as always  :hug:

Hello,

Please help!

I have been on Klonopin 0.5 mg nightly for 24 years.

I have been using since 2006 Mirtazapine (Remeron) 7.5 mg.

Since May 2016 I began to diminish Klonopin-initial dose of 0.5 mg in the evening. Since 12/2016 increase Mirtazapine 30mg. Sleep did not improve.

I am now 46 days at a dose of 0.25 mg of Klonopin (evening).

I had 87 days to sleep max. 2 hours. During these 87 days, I slept only five nights max. 4 hours.

It is 46 days since I stopped cutting Klonopin. I'm really exhausted. Please advise me what do I do?

1) Be a dose of 0.25, and I wait until it stabilizes?

2) Or should I continue decreasing even if I have a bad night's sleep?

Please email me your feedback. I am sorry for my English.

Thank you very much.

Did you want us to respond by posting on the thread or through PM? :)--V

Please, you can respond by posting a thread.

Margarita,

Were you put on the Klonopin because of a sleep disorder? If that was not solved, then when you get rid of the Klonopin, the old sleep disorder may come back.

I'm sorry I'm not an expert at this. But perhaps you tapered too fast. Most people do 10% reduction of their dose each month. Some must go slower. I tapered too fast and had to hold for over 6 months. I am trying to start up again. My sleep has become poor again, but I get 5-6 hours, so I can function. I am using 25mg Seroquel for sleep. My pharmacist told me Remeron is safer, but I have never tried it. My doctor put me on Seroquel for my benzo taper.

I hope Valley can look at your signature and figure out your taper rate and give advice. He is good at that.

SG57 and builder are also good for advice. They are often of the Liquid Titration board.

If anyone else can help, I am sure they will add to this.

I went though a period of sleep like yours, many months of almost no sleep. The pain was terrible. I think you need to do whatever you can to get your sleep back to closer to 6 hours. But I don't know enough to give advice about that. I'm so very sorry. But don't give up. There will be others who can give you advice.

Gard

Hello Gard,

Here is a small summary of my story:

I've always had a great night's sleep. I slept many hours of 8 to 9 I slept sometimes during the day-Saturday, on Sunday afternoon. I loved to sleep.

The problem began 26 years ago. My back ached and back pain I could not sleep at night. I was sent to the doctor-neurologist. The doctor prescribed Lexaurin 2 mg of back pain. I enjoyed just 0.5 mg Lexaurinu. They ceased to worry about back pain and I could sleep peacefully.

After a year of use Lexaurinu doctor told me to stop taking Lexaurin. I had no idea that Lexaurin addictive. I had no idea that a sudden withdrawal Lexaurinu cause sleep problem.

The doctor sent me to the examination of the brain. I was in the hospital - sleep laboratory. No doctor knew why I stopped sleeping. No doctor asked me if I was taking any medications. I also had no idea why I stopped sleeping. All examinations were fine.

The doctor prescribed for sleep Klonopin 0.5 mg in the evening. When adjusted sleep, I wanted to stop taking Klonopin. Under medical supervision I started Klonopin decrease. Again sleep problem. The doctor said that I take Klonopin for life.

Many times I tried myself Klonopin discontinued gradually decreasing. I failed.

V r. 2006, I became ill. He started sleep problem. The doctor has prescribed Mirtazapine (Remeron) 30.0 mg. I enjoyed Mirtazapine (Remeron) only 7.5 mg in the evening. Sleep was excellent.

In 09/2015, I became ill. Sleep worsened. Doctor Klonopin increased to 2 mg and Remeron 30 mg for 3 months. Sleep is not regulated.

01/2016 I myself Klonopin reduced to 0.5 mg and 22.5 mg of Remeron. Sleep was pretty good 5-6 hours.

Since May 2016, I began to diminish Klonopin with a solution. I decreased by 0.05 mg per month, but it was too fast and I had six weeks to halt the decline. The pharmacy will let me prepare a new solution, and decreased by 0.03 mg per month. Reduction of 0,001mg / day was fine. I had no withdrawal problems.

The issue came to my doctor in 11/2016 Remeron decreased from 22.5 mg to 7.5 mg. Why Remeron dropped, I do not know. Reducing Remer likely to cause sleep problem that bothers me. Poor sleep persists even when the doctor increased from 12/2016 Remeron 30 mg in the evening.

I read a lot of opinions. Some write that poor sleep is common during the reduction. Some write that I have to continue to reduce, although trouble sleeping. Someone says that I have to stand and stabilizes, then I continue cutting. But what if I do not stabilize?

Sorry for my english and thank you for your opinion.

Margit.

Anne thank you and anyone else that I didn't thank... Brain fog bad....

Unfortunately, my sxs slammed me like a ton of bricks last night.....why I had that normalcy for 3 hours the night before just to have this again is so disheartening but I kind of expected it....:(.

So confusing and anxiety provoking is an understatement to say the least...

Hello,

Please help!

Since May 2016 I began to diminish Klonopin-initial dose of 0.5 mg in the evening. Since 12/2016 increase Mirtazapine 30mg. Sleep did not improve.

I had 87 days to sleep max. 2 hours. During these 87 days, I slept only five nights max. 4 hours.

It is 46 days since I stopped cutting Klonopin. I'm really exhausted. Please advise me what do I do?

Thank you very much.

Margarita,

Were you put on the Klonopin because of a sleep disorder? If that was not solved, then when you get rid of the Klonopin, the old sleep disorder may come back.

I'm sorry I'm not an expert at this. But perhaps you tapered too fast. Most people do 10% reduction of their dose each month. Some must go slower. I tapered too fast and had to hold for over 6 months. I am trying to start up again. My sleep has become poor again, but I get 5-6 hours, so I can function. I am using 25mg Seroquel for sleep. My pharmacist told me Remeron is safer, but I have never tried it. My doctor put me on Seroquel for my benzo taper.

I hope Valley can look at your signature and figure out your taper rate and give advice. He is good at that.

SG57 and builder are also good for advice. They are often of the Liquid Titration board.

I went though a period of sleep like yours, many months of almost no sleep. The pain was terrible. I think you need to do whatever you can to get your sleep back to closer to 6 hours. But I don't know enough to give advice about that. I'm so very sorry. But don't give up. There will be others who can give you advice.

Gard

Hello Gard,

I've always had a great night's sleep. I slept many hours of 8 to 9 I slept sometimes during the day-Saturday, on Sunday afternoon. I loved to sleep.

The problem began 26 years ago. My back ached and back pain I could not sleep at night. I was sent to the doctor-neurologist. The doctor prescribed Lexaurin 2 mg of back pain. I enjoyed just 0.5 mg Lexaurinu. They ceased to worry about back pain and I could sleep peacefully.

After a year of use Lexaurinu doctor told me to stop taking Lexaurin. I had no idea that Lexaurin addictive. I had no idea that a sudden withdrawal Lexaurinu cause sleep problem.

The doctor sent me to the examination of the brain. I was in the hospital - sleep laboratory. No doctor knew why I stopped sleeping. No doctor asked me if I was taking any medications. I also had no idea why I stopped sleeping. All examinations were fine.

The doctor prescribed for sleep Klonopin 0.5 mg in the evening. When adjusted sleep, I wanted to stop taking Klonopin. Under medical supervision I started Klonopin decrease. Again sleep problem. The doctor said that I take Klonopin for life.

V r. 2006, I became ill. He started sleep problem. The doctor has prescribed Mirtazapine (Remeron) 30.0 mg. I enjoyed Mirtazapine (Remeron) only 7.5 mg in the evening. Sleep was excellent.

In 09/2015, I became ill. Sleep worsened. Doctor Klonopin increased to 2 mg and Remeron 30 mg for 3 months. Sleep is not regulated.

01/2016 I myself Klonopin reduced to 0.5 mg and 22.5 mg of Remeron. Sleep was pretty good 5-6 hours.

Since May 2016, I began to diminish Klonopin with a solution. I decreased by 0.05 mg per month, but it was too fast and I had six weeks to halt the decline. The pharmacy will let me prepare a new solution, and decreased by 0.03 mg per month. Reduction of 0,001mg / day was fine. I had no withdrawal problems.

The issue came to my doctor in 11/2016 Remeron decreased from 22.5 mg to 7.5 mg. Why Remeron dropped, I do not know. Reducing Remer likely to cause sleep problem that bothers me. Poor sleep persists even when the doctor increased from 12/2016 Remeron 30 mg in the evening.

I read a lot of opinions. Some write that poor sleep is common during the reduction. Some write that I have to continue to reduce, although trouble sleeping. Someone says that I have to stand and stabilizes, then I continue cutting. But what if I do not stabilize?

Margit.

I'm so sorry other about all the troubles with the medications.

I agree that the sudden reduction in the remeron was probably a big part of your problem. It was terrible of your doctor to do that to you.

Have you tried the site survivingantidepressants.org? I have heard they will help people with a variety of medications, not just antidepressants. I think they will help you understand the remeron and what the dose changes have done to you.

My opinion is that huge reduction in remeron in November was very bad for your nervous system. And I'm not sure what the big increase did. You nervous system has had a lot of changes. For now, I would say do not reduce the Klonopin and wait for you brain to adjust to the remeron changes. However, I do not know much about this drug. I think someone on survivingantidepressants.org may be able to give you advice about that. They have a benzo thread there, too, but you have to join to read it, so I'm not sure what they are saying about benzos. I've only heard good things about them though. Their moderators seem very knowledgeable.

Best of wishes to you.

Gard

Hello,

Please help!

Thank you very much.

Margarita,

Gard

Hello Gard,

Margit.

I'm so sorry other about all the troubles with the medications.

I agree that the sudden reduction in the remeron was probably a big part of your problem. It was terrible of your doctor to do that to you.

Have you tried the site survivingantidepressants.org? I have heard they will help people with a variety of medications, not just antidepressants. I think they will help you understand the remeron and what the dose changes have done to you.

My opinion is that huge reduction in remeron in November was very bad for your nervous system. And I'm not sure what the big increase did. You nervous system has had a lot of changes. For now, I would say do not reduce the Klonopin and wait for you brain to adjust to the remeron changes. However, I do not know much about this drug. I think someone on survivingantidepressants.org may be able to give you advice about that. They have a benzo thread there, too, but you have to join to read it, so I'm not sure what they are saying about benzos. I've only heard good things about them though. Their moderators seem very knowledgeable.

Best of wishes to you.

Gard

Gard,

I'll try to find the thread.

Thank you for your advice and your time.

Keep the sun in the heart.

Margit.

Hi everyone  :hug: Just a quick update from me, Its been a very rough just over a week for me :D :D :D but hopefully it will turn around, I now feel a little better than I have for most of the day, and am now 3 months into holding at 5mg after up-dosing from 1.45mg to 5mg  :) Mostly  I'm still cycling from good, to hell, to okay to just about bearable through the day or over whole days, but morning's are and have been for years now a bad time for me. And I was an eternal morning person, I loved mornings now I dread them, actually my days are up and own like a graph these last two years, but mornings are mostly blergh!!  :o Healing vibes and strength to everyone  :hug:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi everyone  :hug: Just a quick update from me, Its been a very rough just over a week for me :D :D :D but hopefully it will turn around, I now feel a little better than I have for most of the day, and am now 3 months into holding at 5mg after up-dosing from 1.45mg to 5mg  :) Mostly  I'm still cycling from good, to hell, to okay to just about bearable through the day or over whole days, but morning's are and have been for years now a bad time for me. And I was an eternal morning person, I loved mornings now I dread them, actually my days are up and own like a graph these last two years, but mornings are mostly blergh!!  :o Healing vibes and strength to everyone  :hug:

Sounds like some positive things are happening. Hopefully everything will even out and you'll actually feel good most of the time.  :)--V

Sounds like some positive things are happening. Hopefully everything will even out and you'll actually feel good most of the time.  :)--V

[glow=red,2,300]"Sista"[/glow] just wonderful news, you have made my day, sometimes it takes a long time, but it is worth the time to feel funtional again. Thanks for letting us know that up dosing is not the  >:D sometimes to get better we must go back to the drawing board, and usaully if those that have suffered much a very tiny increase is not going to do a thing, but continue the cycle. Stay Strong.💖👍💖 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes I am an idiot :idiot:

Yes I am an idiot :idiot:  but I am sorry I am an idiot!

I still have the really awful back ache,  that I wrote about last week.

I don't think my cut was too big but yes I cut too quickly. :idiot: I  Didn't hold long enough.  :idiot:

Yes my back is still killing me. But I really dont want to updose. I want to try to stick it out.maybe I am punishihing myself for being so stupid.

Ive been at 1.12V for 24 days now and The  back ache started about one week ago.

I am repeating myself for those who don't know what's going on with me.

So I am holding now the way I should have before this last cut. I sure hope it doesn't take another four months of holding for this back pain to go away.

I am so sorry I rushed ahead. I knew it was the wrong thing to do, but I did it any way! :idiot:

I thought,because it was such a small cut, that my brain wouldnt notice.  :crazy: golly it was only about a 2% cut!

BUT I WILL GET THROUGH THIS IF I HOLD AGAIN, WONT I?

I DONT HAVE TO UP DOSE, DO I?

I'd go back to the neurologist but he's going to think I'm crazy. Last time I went with my neck ache he refused to do an MRI. He said it was arthritis. I think he is wrong. I think it is benzo withdrawal. But if it's still there in a month more of holding, maybe I'll check with him then?

What is wrong with me? Why do I do such stupid things and get myself into terrible fixes? Holds have worked for me in the past, so why do I do these things?

Much support needed.

Heathcliff :-[:crazy::idiot::-[ and scared.

This back ache is no little backache. It's major.

Oh and thanks for all your advice and remedies. I am trying all of them.

Nova, sorry you are having crazy roller coaster days. I hope you see more and more Windows real soon, and easier days ahead. From all the things you have posted, it seems to me that you are quite the warrior! Peace and healing to you!

Heath :smitten:

I don't think my cut was too big but yes I cut too quickly. :idiot: I  Didn't hold long enough.  :idiot:

Yes my back is still killing me. But I really dont want to updose. I want to try to stick it out.maybe I am punishihing myself for being so stupid.

Ive been at 1.12V for 24 days now and The  back ache started about one week ago.

So I am holding now the way I should have before this last cut. I sure hope it doesn't take another four months of holding for this back pain to go away.

I am so sorry I rushed ahead. I knew it was the wrong thing to do, but I did it any way! :idiot:

I thought,because it was such a small cut, that my brain wouldnt notice.  :crazy: golly it was only about a 2% cut!

I'd go back to the neurologist but he's going to think I'm crazy. Last time I went with my neck ache he refused to do an MRI. He said it was arthritis. I think he is wrong. I think it is benzo withdrawal. But if it's still there in a month more of holding, maybe I'll check with him then?

What is wrong with me? Why do I do such stupid things and get myself into terrible fixes? Holds have worked for me in the past, so why do I do these things?

Much support needed.

I think you'll be ok holding Heath. I have horrible backaches come from nowhere and last a few days and I'm doing very well otherwise. I think some sxs may just come on regardless of what we do unfortunately.  :)--V

I'm sorry about your backache Heath. 2% sounds like a big cut to me, but I am chicken tapering. And I am an idiot, too, for not incorporating regular holds and now am paying with the neuropathy roaring back. It is starting to subside, though. I am holding now! I think holding is a good idea. I do hope you get some relief soon.

Hugs,

Gard :smitten:

Much support needed.

hi health I'm so sorry for your back ache. I wish I could find the link but neck and back pain is one of the more common withdrawal symptoms. My neck most days I can't even turn it. It's a symptom for sure. My lower back is killing me right now. Got a heating pad on it but not helping. I alternate ice and heat. Sorry you're hurting. :(

Much support needed.

hi health I'm so sorry for your back ache. I wish I could find the link but neck and back pain is one of the more common withdrawal symptoms. My neck most days I can't even turn it. It's a symptom for sure. My lower back is killing me right now. Got a heating pad on it but not helping. I alternate ice and heat. Sorry you're hurting. :(

oh and I forced them to do an mri on me over a year ago, all good. If it's make you feel any better. For over a year I've been to so many doctors (all kinds) admitted to hospital twice  and I cannot even list all the stuff I was "diagnosed" with then undiagnosed . It's this withdrawal unfortunately.

Heath,

My neck and throat were extremely tight and sore for about a week going back a month ago.

My neck and throat scared me the most because I had this crazy notion my throats would close up on me.

I went on you tube and found some really good exercises to self massage the neck and throat and in a couple of days it was gone.

Hang in there. Better days are just around the corner!  :thumbsup:

ATU🙏

Valley of course you would pick [glow=red,2,300]"CHICKENS"[/glow], why didn't I see that coming...... :D :D :D

It was the only choice as you already took the turtle lol.  :laugh:

Thank you to all of you who responded to my rant.  And if any of you are thinking of rushing ahead, I sincerely hope you will learn from my mistakes and that you won't rush abead,

I hope all of us will remember that rushing ahead will eventually and inevitably just waste more time and ramp up sdxf.

Don't be an idiot  :idiot::crazy: like me!

thank you for your support. I hooe you all will get some big windows real fast.

ATU, I hope your throat and neck are absolutely fine for the rest of your taper.

Gardner I know your hold will bring you lasting relief. Holds normally work well for me.( when I do them properly!)

Hopefreegirl .. hope you backache subside real soon. and Valley, hope your. Sdfx subside too.

Sending prayers for peace and healing to everyone.

Heath :smitten:

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/valentine/smileys-valentine-896931.gif

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/valentine-uk/35.gif

"TURTLES Rock"

Help! Got slammed this morning!

I dose 3xs a day I'm at 102 grams... Was going to go up to next level of 103 grams.... Do I updose all 3 doses in one day????

Tremoring shaking severe breathing spasms teeth chattering.... Akasthesia.... Nightmares.....jaw staying wide open head and neck face tremoring kicked in severely this morning around 4:00am my jaw keeps opening moving up and down violently.... :'(.  I feel adrenaline surges

Hi Please. I tend to think it's the drug. Your body is still trying to adjust to the dose change. You can feel good for a while and then go backward until it all evens out. Try not to stress too much. The fact that you felt good for a while is a great sign.  :)--V

[65...]