Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Heath, Let go of your "Fear", "Accept", be "Patient" and most of all "Believe" that you can and will Suceed.💖

I am trying.  Thanks Begood :smitten:

Hello,

Please help!

I have been on Klonopin 0.5 mg nightly for 24 years.

I have been using since 2006 Mirtazapine (Remeron) 7.5 mg.

Since May 2016 I began to diminish Klonopin-initial dose of 0.5 mg in the evening. Since 12/2016 increase Mirtazapine 30mg. Sleep did not improve.

I am now 46 days at a dose of 0.25 mg of Klonopin (evening).

I had 87 days to sleep max. 2 hours. During these 87 days, I slept only five nights max. 4 hours.

It is 46 days since I stopped cutting Klonopin. I'm really exhausted. Please advise me what do I do?

1) Be a dose of 0.25, and I wait until it stabilizes?

2) Or should I continue decreasing even if I have a bad night's sleep?

Please email me your feedback. I am sorry for my English.

Thank you very much.

Did you want us to respond by posting on the thread or through PM? :)--V

Hello,

Please help!

Since May 2016 I began to diminish Klonopin-initial dose of 0.5 mg in the evening. Since 12/2016 increase Mirtazapine 30mg. Sleep did not improve.

I had 87 days to sleep max. 2 hours. During these 87 days, I slept only five nights max. 4 hours.

It is 46 days since I stopped cutting Klonopin. I'm really exhausted. Please advise me what do I do?

Thank you very much.

PM = Private Message which is "email" using this site's messaging.

Actually, I think your English is very good.

And I'm so sorry to hear about your poor sleep. Many of us have the same thing happen.

Valley -- and everyone thank you for your previous post of encouragement...

update:  last nite at 12:52 am until 3:00 am in the morning I had a 85 to 90 percent window... Everything was working right...vision dizziness tremors akasthesia everything.... My brain and body stopped buzzing there was peace...no anxiety.. I have no words...I never ever get this

Do I like how this drug makes me feel? No, but gosh if only I could have stayed that way

Of course this morning my adrenaline surges and other things started....

Question :  since I did a tiny updose and held for a month so far; I've been seeing very microscopic changes this month and then last night happened.....  in lieu of last nights events

would you continue to hold before trying the next increment in updosing or should I say dose correcting?..

Would I be remiss that something is changing and why that time of night? Usually my involuntary movements everything is a mess at night..... it stopped

Thanks guys for your input

Wow Please!!  I feel like jumping up and down!  That is fantastic news!

If it were me I would probably updose a little more and see if you start seeing longer windows.  I would want to be where I felt good pretty consistently - and then I would hold for a long time and let the brain heal.  I am so happy for you! :thumbsup:

Wow Please!!  I feel like jumping up and down!  That is fantastic news!

If it were me I would probably updose a little more and see if you start seeing longer windows.  I would want to be where I felt good pretty consistently - and then I would hold for a long time and let the brain heal.  I am so happy for you! :thumbsup:

Lynn thank you for your opinion....I cried so hard when it happened and so did my brother...I may wait another week or two just to see...of course today I feel real sick again major nerve pain in eyes and forehead and scared....and majorly depressed.... Felt like I was dying again today

Even though I'm seeing some evidence its so hard to trust this process in any way....

Thank you for being here. ((.      )))

Hello,

Please help!

Thank you very much.

Please, you can respond by posting a thread.

update:  last nite at 12:52 am until 3:00 am in the morning I had a 85 to 90 percent window... Everything was working right...vision dizziness tremors akasthesia everything.... My brain and body stopped buzzing there was peace...no anxiety.. I have no words...I never ever get this

Do I like how this drug makes me feel? No, but gosh if only I could have stayed that way

Question :  since I did a tiny updose and held for a month so far; I've been seeing very microscopic changes this month and then last night happened.....  in lieu of last nights events

would you continue to hold before trying the next increment in updosing or should I say dose correcting?..

Would I be remiss that something is changing and why that time of night? Usually my involuntary movements everything is a mess at night..... it stopped

oh pbh this is fantastic news! I know how you've been suffering and not knowing what to do. I know bataid helped you maybe call and ask them again. This is a good sign! I think about you everyday! Hugs!  :smitten:

Pleasebehere  :smitten:

That is such good news.! Like Gard I have no advice , but Lynn's seems good....I'm very very happy for you, I am absolutely sure it is a good sign!  :yippee:

Please,

I really dont know enough to advise you, but ...

I remember your previous posts and the despair you were in a few months ago. It looks like things are really beginning to turn around for you.

I am soooo verrrry happppy for you!

I know, as you said, things are still difficult, but the window you had is such wonderful news.  YAY! You are on your way! :) :) :clap: :clap: :yippee: :yippee:

All the best to you! May peace and healing visit you consistently and may everyday get better and bettter.

Heath :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Please,  I am beyond happy for you for this respite from your pain.  I hope it continues.  YOur holding is working now and I feel sure you will have more and more windows.  Now if I could only have one we could have a group celebration for windows.  :smitten:

Please I am just over the Moon happy for you, just the fact that you had a window is so good, You made my day, I believe that if you up dose some more you will feel even better in time, because I know that you did not up dose very much, as you did not fully believe in BAT and their advice at the time, so just thinking that Like Lynn said go up and get really stable then you hold for a long time, and resume with a slow taper.

Also as I have said here for the last couple of days, Accept what is going on and that the Process is going to take time, and have Patience, and Believe that you are going to get better, and Please work on your fear, it is causing you problems, fear will not allow you to make good clear decisions and you will continue to doubt the process of Healing. Hang in there and know that you are going to be OK. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Everyone that responded to me thank you sooooo sooooomuch for your kind encouraging words....sincerely and really.....

Why do I analyze so much about all of this.....Its tormenting me....Ive made so many errors and i just want to get this right....your right the fear is in the front seat big time with all the excruciating sxs.... I know there is no way I will be sx free  because of my history but if I can just make them manageable and have some peace so I can taper ..... Dear God that is all I ask for.... Please help me and my other fellow buddies to endure...

All I can do is try....

I appreciate every single one of you....

oh pbh this is fantastic news! I know how you've been suffering and not knowing what to do. I know bataid helped you maybe call and ask them again. This is a good sign! I think about you everyday! Hugs!  :smitten:

your post made me cry. Remember our conversation about the gut. If bataid gave you advice and you listened to your gut, then you did something right. Let me know if you call them again. Hugs my friend

your post made me cry. Remember our conversation about the gut. When bataid gave you advice and you listened to your gut, then you did something right. Let me know if you call them again. Hugs my friend

Everyone that responded to me thank you sooooo sooooomuch for your kind encouraging words....sincerely and really.....

Why do I analyze so much about all of this.....Its tormenting me....Ive made so many errors and i just want to get this right....your right the fear is in the front seat big time with all the excruciating sxs.... I know there is no way I will be sx free  because of my history but if I can just make them manageable and have some peace so I can taper ..... Dear God that is all I ask for.... Please help me and my other fellow buddies to endure...

All I can do is try....

You have Faith in God, and I would ask him to not help you with your taper, but to take away the Fear that is making this harder to handle, and I hear you, may not be sx free completely, but just think Please you could be functional and once your Brain catches up the rest of your taper could keep you functional. sometimes we have to stop and look the bogey man in the face and say No More, I am in charge now. Be Strong and know that you made all of us so pleased today. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh thank you hopefree.... Yes...following your gut instincts and the other piece begood brought up meaning the fear..... 2 very important pieces ... One to listen to and the other to overcome

Thanking you for reminding me ....

To all of you  :hug:

All I can do is try....

You have Faith in God, and I would ask him to not help you with your taper, but to take away the Fear that is making this harder to handle, and I hear you, may not be sx free completely, but just think Please you could be functional and once your Brain catches up the rest of your taper could keep you functional. sometimes we have to stop and look the bogey man in the face and say No More, I am in charge now. Be Strong and know that you made all of us so pleased today. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Now you made me cry.....thank you...xxxxxx

Please,  I am beyond happy for you for this respite from your pain.  I hope it continues.  YOur holding is working now and I feel sure you will have more and more windows.  Now if I could only have one we could have a group celebration for windows.  :smitten:

Well I wished it could have lasted .but I'm grateful to have had something.. But you will have something too...especially as severe as I am. hugs hugs hugs

Well I wished it could have lasted .but I'm grateful to have had something.. But you will have something too...especially as severe as I am. hugs hugs hugs

Please, I'm so ecstatic over your window!  That is a sign your brain is definitely working to heal and normalize. You can expect some bumps but the fact that you are getting some relief is fantastic news! I agree with what Lynn said also. This news made my day.  :)--V

Hello,

Please help!

Thank you very much.

Margarita,

Were you put on the Klonopin because of a sleep disorder? If that was not solved, then when you get rid of the Klonopin, the old sleep disorder may come back.

I'm sorry I'm not an expert at this. But perhaps you tapered too fast. Most people do 10% reduction of their dose each month. Some must go slower. I tapered too fast and had to hold for over 6 months. I am trying to start up again. My sleep has become poor again, but I get 5-6 hours, so I can function. I am using 25mg Seroquel for sleep. My pharmacist told me Remeron is safer, but I have never tried it. My doctor put me on Seroquel for my benzo taper.

I hope Valley can look at your signature and figure out your taper rate and give advice. He is good at that.

SG57 and builder are also good for advice. They are often of the Liquid Titration board.

If anyone else can help, I am sure they will add to this.

I went though a period of sleep like yours, many months of almost no sleep. The pain was terrible. I think you need to do whatever you can to get your sleep back to closer to 6 hours. But I don't know enough to give advice about that. I'm so very sorry. But don't give up. There will be others who can give you advice.

Gard

Hello,

Please help!

Thank you very much.

Margarita,

Were you put on the Klonopin because of a sleep disorder? If that was not solved, then when you get rid of the Klonopin, the old sleep disorder may come back.

I'm sorry I'm not an expert at this. But perhaps you tapered too fast. Most people do 10% reduction of their dose each month. Some must go slower. I tapered too fast and had to hold for over 6 months. I am trying to start up again. My sleep has become poor again, but I get 5-6 hours, so I can function. I am using 25mg Seroquel for sleep. My pharmacist told me Remeron is safer, but I have never tried it. My doctor put me on Seroquel for my benzo taper.

I hope Valley can look at your signature and figure out your taper rate and give advice. He is good at that.

SG57 and builder are also good for advice. They are often of the Liquid Titration board.

I went though a period of sleep like yours, many months of almost no sleep. The pain was terrible. I think you need to do whatever you can to get your sleep back to closer to 6 hours. But I don't know enough to give advice about that. I'm so very sorry. But don't give up. There will be others who can give you advice.

Gard

I responded to her via PM.  :)--V

Margarita,

Gard

I responded to her via PM.  :)--V

:)

Hi Please,

Wonderful news.  I am so happy that you had some relief.  It seems the up dose is helping.  I also agree with Lynn's advice. 

Peace and Healing to you!!

Anne  :smitten:

[8b...]