Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Here is one study. As a disclaimer, hormones are more impacted by long term use. Short term use doesn't seem to be as severe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6138010

Hope I also found a cortisol connection. I do know my adrenals shut completely down after 2 years on benzos. I am still replacing hormones but my endocrinologist dropped the ball on the HGH a few months ago (which he is correcting now). When the growth hormone was stopped, I developed "benzo belly" and rapid weight gain. Fatigue was also greatly increased.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, was the study just on Men, and does this affect us too..? :smitten:

From what I've read BG. We all experience a temporary increase in HGH when taking benzos which drops when tapering and after jumping. The baseline after the jump is lower than those who haven't used benzos. I imagine it eventually returns to normal with everything else over time.  :)--V

OK, so is there any type of food or supplement we can take for this....? :smitten:

Not that I'm aware of. Anything that helps adrenal function seems to interfere with benzo withdrawal sxs for some reason.  :)--V

Here is one study. As a disclaimer, hormones are more impacted by long term use. Short term use doesn't seem to be as severe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6138010

Hope I also found a cortisol connection. I do know my adrenals shut completely down after 2 years on benzos. I am still replacing hormones but my endocrinologist dropped the ball on the HGH a few months ago (which he is correcting now). When the growth hormone was stopped, I developed "benzo belly" and rapid weight gain. Fatigue was also greatly increased.  :)--V

Thanks Valley, was the study just on Men, and does this affect us too..? :smitten:

From what I've read BG. We all experience a temporary increase in HGH when taking benzos which drops when tapering and after jumping. The baseline after the jump is lower than those who haven't used benzos. I imagine it eventually returns to normal with everything else over time.  :)--V

OK, so is there any type of food or supplement we can take for this....? :smitten:

Not that I'm aware of. Anything that helps adrenal function seems to interfere with benzo withdrawal sxs for some reason.  :)--V

I thought I was getting shorter!

This might explain it.

ATU

Just been skimming lately because knocked down by a huge neuropathy flare. Getting some windows!  :thumbsup: Wishing windows to all!

Gard :smitten:

Thanks Gard for posting. :smitten: happy you are getting some windows, good for all our buddies here to hear that things do and will get better, but it takes all the time it needs, nothing less, "Patience" and "Time" and "Acceptance of the Process of Healing" is truly the things that work. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Just been skimming lately because knocked down by a huge neuropathy flare. Getting some windows!  :thumbsup: Wishing windows to all!

Hooray for windows!

Thanks BG, lynn, V, everybody for being such a supportive group.

Echoing what BG said about Acceptance and Patience. So hard, but the more you practice, the stronger you get...Even if you are feeling as chicken as a chicken in the process. ::)

Hoping we all have even more windows tomorrow!

P.S. V, are chickens really chicken?

Thanks BG, lynn, V, everybody for being such a supportive group.

Echoing what BG said about Acceptance and Patience. So hard, but the more you practice, the stronger you get...Even if you are feeling as chicken as a chicken in the process. ::)

Hoping we all have even more windows tomorrow!

P.S. V, are chickens really chicken?

Yes they are.  :laugh:

Happy people are getting windows....you all deserve them so much.  I am still getting slammed hard with the seizure like sxs all the time, hard breathing etc, but continuing to hold at 8 mg v, and gonna try to hold out til it levels some....Updose is only one week old yet, still holding out good thoughts that it will help.  tough day tho for sure today.  could use some good thoughts and prayers if you are the praying sort.  thanks!  Interesting conversation about the growth hormone.  well, this chicken is about to turn in for the night.  hope all sleep well, and have wonderful days tomorrow.....hugs!  Stella

Thanks, Heath. :)

Stella, I'm sorry your updose is taking so long to give you relief. Thinking of you and hoping your window is right around the corner.

Happy people are getting windows....you all deserve them so much.  I am still getting slammed hard with the seizure like sxs all the time, hard breathing etc, but continuing to hold at 8 mg v, and gonna try to hold out til it levels some....Updose is only one week old yet, still holding out good thoughts that it will help.  tough day tho for sure today.  could use some good thoughts and prayers if you are the praying sort.  thanks!  Interesting conversation about the growth hormone.  well, this chicken is about to turn in for the night.  hope all sleep well, and have wonderful days tomorrow.....hugs!  Stella

Hope you feel the relief soon Stella. Thoughts and prayers are with you.  :)--V

[glow=red,2,300]"Great"[/glow] so happy Lynn that things are going well for you. You have walked the walk and can only think that good things will continue to come for you. [glow=red,2,300]"Yay"  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/glow]

I thought I'd check-in.  Liquid is going great and so is the taper.  Thinking of all and wishing the best. :smitten: :smitten:

That's great Lynn! :thumbsup:

I thought I'd check-in.  Liquid is going great and so is the taper.  Thinking of all and wishing the best. :smitten: :smitten:

Great job Lynn. I am sooooo happy you are doing well.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I put the very low sxs and little problem on the benefits of the hold and getting my brain adjusted and repaired before continuing at a very manageable pace.  No more shocking the old brain or stressing it by cutting when not well. 

I am thinking of all and celebrating every step towards wellness. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Does anyone else suffer from a kind of existential anxiety that feels like a hangover from a cut, even after other symptoms have apparently gone? I could best describe it as feeling fragile inside, although my physical strength seems to have returned to its normal (albeit hardly bionic) level.

I have to admit I am reluctant to resume my taper. I have waited so long to stabilise after cutting too fast nearly a year ago.

The feeling of inner fragility is part of that rteluctance.

Does anyone else suffer from a kind of existential anxiety that feels like a hangover from a cut, even after other symptoms have apparently gone? I could best describe it as feeling fragile inside, although my physical strength seems to have returned to its normal (albeit hardly bionic) level.

I have to admit I am reluctant to resume my taper. I have waited so long to stabilise after cutting too fast nearly a year ago.

The feeling of inner fragility is part of that rteluctance.

Hi Enigmaman.  I have bouts of chemical anxiety but they are pretty minor compared to the terrible sxs I had when cutting too fast.  I know the feeling of not wanting to resume the taper.  I get to where I'm feeling 100% at times and then start the process all over again lol. Cutting small and moving very slow has helped immensely.  I do get sxs now, but nothing debilitating.  I do think there are some sxs that may hang on even in a hold.  Depression and apathy were still with me after holding 6 months albeit at a lower level of intensity.  When I started to taper again, the depression lifted and apathy has improved as I reduce.  I know this is an individual journey and hope you can find what works for you.  Just thought I would give you my experience.  :)--V

Great Lynn !  :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I'm happy you are getting some Windows Gard!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Mine seem to have left.... Or at least I get very occasional breaks , and I mean , rare ! Seems my nervous system just won't calm down  >:( oy.....

Love to all , MiYu

[44...]