Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

a quote I copied from a MiYu....

" Ps , I just got word that my appeal for SSI was approved , yay! It's taken over a year and quite an ordeal, I can hardly believe it... I was so excited it made me feel really sick! Poor nerves can't handle anything  :o but it's a relief that it's done at last. "

MIYU...

Congratulations Miyu. Glad that SSI came through for you!

Heath :smitten:

MIYU and Valley,

Thanks for the consoling replies.its nice to know you have someone who understands, but Valley even though misery loves company, I am so sorry you have headaches too. I hope they stop!

And yes, my wdsx are on a constant roller coaster!!

:smitten:  heath

MiYu, so happy for you, things are a changing for you, hang on. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Ps , I just got word that my appeal for SSI was approved , yay! It's taken over a year and quite an ordeal, I can hardly believe it... I was so excited it made me feel really sick! Poor nerves can't handle anything  :o but it's a relief that it's done at last.

Heath,

Could the headaches be of the tension variety?

I know when my shoulder neck muscles tense up uncontrolably it is often accompanied with headache.

The self massage of the shoulders and neck with a good penatrating ointment helped me.

Just a thought.

Hope you find relief soon.

I am into day 13 of my ladt cut and Im in my worst days now. Sleep is poor and my shoulders and particularely my nevk are real tight.

Time for some self massage I guess. This will pass.  :thumbsup:

Peace and Healing

ATU

ATU,

I find the hot shower helps alot.  My neck tension has migrated from the sides to the back of the neck in the past few weeks and is causing tension headaches.  I've also been experiencing jaw pain for the first time.  No big deal tho.  All of this stuff is just the normal comings and goings. 

I hope your sleep improves!

Lynn33,

Thanks I hope it does soon but I know it will eventually.

I have the jaw pain too. I know I must be clenching my teeth in sleep.

I will continue to massage and stretch it out.  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU

I updosed about 2 mg, of v 4 days ago, and instead of feeling better, I am more shaky and unstable than ever...I think V hates me, I know I hate it!!!  Having Akathesia, but having to lay still so I don't have the seizure like stuff is miserable,  My heart rate flies up like crazy too..  UGGGG!  Thank you, I just needed to rant for a bit..  I was hoping to see a tiny hopeful sign at least....still gonna hope.

sorry you guys aren't feeling so hot either, headaches are miserable, and pain and everything, we just keep plugging along, have any of you had the seizure like sxs. ?  they are pretty scary, doc says I look like someone who came off too fast, but didn't go that fast.  Another mystery....

So happy for you MiYu,  need a good thing to happen, but isn't that weird how even that can shake us sometimes?  just wanted to check in and say hi, I am thinking of all of you.  stella 

Thanks you all.

Yes ATU, my headaches are tension headaches, not migraine. Lynne, I too have the neckache that travels from one side of the neck to the other and then into the middle of the back of the neck, and then sometimes lower to mid back. Crazy, yet "normal" for us benzo withdrawers.

Oh boy do I hate it too. It's got me very depressed lately. And relatives are coming and I'm going to Las Vegas with family next week. I sure hope I feel better by then. Right now I don't feel like doing anything. But I'm good at faking it when I have too. I'll just put on my happy face and pretend all is well. Don't want to put a damper on everyone else's fun.

I wish I could be up-beat about it like you, ATU and Lynne, you sound so at peace, and accepting of these things as they come. I will try.

Back to the hot shower, Australian Dream cream, self massage and vibrating massage thingy, and more of that heat pad.

:-\:-[ Heath :-[:-\. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Thanks you all.

Yes ATU, my headaches are tension headaches, not migraine. Lynne, I too have the neckache that travels from one side of the neck to the other and then into the middle of the back of the neck, and then sometimes lower to mid back. Crazy, yet "normal" for us benzo withdrawers.

Oh boy do I hate it too. It's got me very depressed lately. And relatives are coming and I'm going to Las Vegas with family next week. I sure hope I feel better by then. Right now I don't feel like doing anything. But I'm good at faking it when I have too. I'll just put on my happy face and pretend all is well. Don't want to put a damper on everyone else's fun.

I wish I could be up-beat about it like you, ATU and Lynne, you sound so at peace, and accepting of these things as they come. I will try.

Back to the hot shower, Australian Dream cream, self massage and vibrating massage thingy, and more of that heat pad.

hi Heath after my last big cut I was biting down very hard and major jaw pain. Of course the horrid neck pain. Which caused headaches. I got a mouth guard. It really helped my neck and jaw and headaches just an idea. Nicole

Hi again,   

I just wanted to say, for those who are having muscle cramps, like in the calves or the feet,

liquid magnesium has worked very well for me.

I rub it in directly on the skin, about twice a week, where I used to get cramps. They are 95% gone.

The liquid I use leaves a salty residue on my skin ( it comes from Ocean water).  But you can wash it off after a few hours if it bothers you. It doesn't bother me because I only put it on my legs and feet.

I get it on Amazon. It's called Pure Magnesium Oil...Magnesium Chloride Brine....From the Ancient Zechstein Seabed.    The brand is Life-flo. 

Hope that can be of help to some of you.

Heath :)

Thanks you all.

hi Heath after my last big cut I was biting down very hard and major jaw pain. Of course the horrid neck pain. Which caused headaches. I got a mouth guard. It really helped my neck and jaw and headaches just an idea. Nicole

Thanks HFG,  I'll look into that if these headaches persist longer.

I updosed about 2 mg, of v 4 days ago, and instead of feeling better, I am more shaky and unstable than ever...I think V hates me, I know I hate it!!!  Having Akathesia, but having to lay still so I don't have the seizure like stuff is miserable,  My heart rate flies up like crazy too..  UGGGG!  Thank you, I just needed to rant for a bit..  I was hoping to see a tiny hopeful sign at least....still gonna hope.

sorry you guys aren't feeling so hot either, headaches are miserable, and pain and everything, we just keep plugging along, have any of you had the seizure like sxs. ?  they are pretty scary, doc says I look like someone who came off too fast, but didn't go that fast.  Another mystery....

So happy for you MiYu,  need a good thing to happen, but isn't that weird how even that can shake us sometimes?  just wanted to check in and say hi, I am thinking of all of you.  stella

Hi Stella. It sounds pretty normal to have those sxs on a big updose. That's why I always gave up after 3 days as it caused rampant insomnia and akasthesia. Look at it like a cut. It will take your body that long to adjust but you should get relief quicker. As far as the seizure like sxs, I had them before I started to taper. My whole body would jerk and flip around even though my thinking was clear. It was very weird and was witnesses by my doctor. He'd never seen anything like it. It has happened since,I started to taper though. Hopefully you'll stabilize soon! :)--V

Hey Heath, I am sorry you feel bad. Give it some time and it will pass. I used to have a ghia just like the one in your avatar. same color and all. brings back alot of memories!!!

Hi All :)

I hope you don't mind me joining for some advice/help please?  I have been on a very long slow taper from 6mg diazepam using daily microtapering with holds. I was doing fantastically well and was almost there at .33mg when I seriously overdid things with stress and hard exercise and crashed badly. I had symptoms I had not suffered in 18 months. I tried a small updose to .50 for a couple of days with no help, I stupidly took 6mg on Sunday and then have been taking 2mg for the past 4 days. Yesterday I felt better but today is bad again. I also have hormone stuff happening which doesn't help.

I am wondering where to go from here? Stick at 2mg and wait for things to calm down and then taper down again? I am not worried about how long this will take, so if I have to stabilise and start down microtapering again I will. Do you think I will eventually stabilise at 2mg - I am tempted to go up to 4mg to get back out of bed. I am due to start a new job on Monday and can't do it like this.

Thanks for listening.

Hi All :)

I hope you don't mind me joining for some advice/help please?  I have been on a very long slow taper from 6mg diazepam using daily microtapering with holds. I was doing fantastically well and was almost there at .33mg when I seriously overdid things with stress and hard exercise and crashed badly. I had symptoms I had not suffered in 18 months. I tried a small updose to .50 for a couple of days with no help, I stupidly took 6mg on Sunday and then have been taking 2mg for the past 4 days. Yesterday I felt better but today is bad again. I also have hormone stuff happening which doesn't help.

I am wondering where to go from here? Stick at 2mg and wait for things to calm down and then taper down again? I am not worried about how long this will take, so if I have to stabilise and start down microtapering again I will. Do you think I will eventually stabilise at 2mg - I am tempted to go up to 4mg to get back out of bed. I am due to start a new job on Monday and can't do it like this.

Thanks for listening.

Hi MAA!  My guess is that you will stabilize at 2mg. It just takes time. Because you were down to .33, 4mg may be too high?  It does take about a week to stabilize after an updose so you may just be you are still adjusting to the change (a good day, then a bad day, etc.). Just my thoughts.  :)--V

Welcome MAA. I agree with Valley, 2mg and let your body adjust, and it will, but there is not really a set time. Like your attitude you will be OK. :thumbsup:

Hey Heath, I am sorry you feel bad. Give it some time and it will pass. I used to have a ghia just like the one in your avatar. same color and all. brings back alot of memories!!!

Hi Jr,

Yes, we had that car since 1971 , bought almost brand new, loved it! But after putting thousands of dollars into it when it got old and replaced the engine twice, we finally gave up on the old friend about 10 years ago. Gave it to my son. Then it sucked up all his money! Now it sits and gathers dust. It was a great, fun, little car.

Heath

HI all,  :smitten:

Thanks for your responses to my post about disability..... Now that I got over the excitement that caused me to feel bad  ;), I'm really happy about it, I can relax and not worry about the future for a while relative to work. I think I was very lucky , many people have to go more than two rounds to get approved.

I made it through my dentist appointment , it was ok.... I have two more to go  :(

Things seem kinda stuck as far as more improvement goes.... Same symptoms , but I do have more energy . Should I keep holding? Probably .... It's been 2-1/2 months since I tried to cut back , and before that 4 months. I'm tempte to try a teeny tiny cut and see what happens , my sense is it'll still send me into more symptoms than I'm dealing with already .

Sorry Heath and Valley for your headaches . Heath , if you are able to do stuff and be with family , that's really something. I hope you are able to enjoy some of that time. And Valley , hope you feel better.

Valley , did you mean that you do or you don't have the jerking limbs since starting to taper?

I had that pretty bad during my cross from K to V , it was scary.

Now it just feels like muscle tightness but I don't get the jerking , not at the moment anyway .

I have this burning now in what feels like my heart, it's one of main symptoms , the burning. My skin is always really hot. Are there receptors in the heart too anyone know? Nerve endings ? I guess I'll google it!

Hugs to everyone  :hug: :hug:

MiYu

MIYU...

So glad ..... your post sounds like you are feeling more positive. Glad your dental visit went well top.

Headaches are still with me but 1/2 of a fiorinal is doing the trick.  so I can't complain. Also, when the headaches came, the neck pain has stopped!. Is that nuts or what? I sure hope the neck  ache stays away. That was really a bummer.

I went shopping to get a new top yesterday.

NOTHING looked good. I realozed that I have put on about 10 pounds! I am not eating any different so I am thinking that this weight gain has something to do with benzo withdrawal.

Can withdrawal slow down your metabolism? I HAVE NEVER HAD WEIGHT PROBLEMS. I DonT LIKE IT,  HELP! I better start going to the gym again.

MIYU...

So glad ..... your post sounds like you are feeling more positive. Glad your dental visit went well top.

Headaches are still with me but 1/2 of a fiorinal is doing the trick.  so I can't complain. Also, when the headaches came, the neck pain has stopped!. Is that nuts or what? I sure hope the neck  ache stays away. That was really a bummer.

NOTHING looked good. I realozed that I have put on about 10 pounds! I am not eating any different so I am thinking that this weight gain has something to do with benzo withdrawal.

Can withdrawal slow down your metabolism? I HAVE NEVER HAD WEIGHT PROBLEMS. I DonT LIKE IT,  HELP! I better start going to the gym again.

Hi H  :hug:, it certainly does mess with your weight, here's my tale below from another thread

nova 1 Buddie

Only God can judge me Ironically only God does not

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: the weight gain group/too fat

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 06:57:59 am »

Honest its not worth worrying about weight gain/loss you can't do FA about it. I have been seriously under weight, obese , normal weight, gone back up again eating the same diet. I went from 120-130lbs and I'm 5.6 and a half  and I would say medium bone structure, up to 220lbs, down to 98, up to 126, down to 94, up to 126, back to 98, up to 140, back to 98, up to 192, now at 174 after losing 6lbs in about 4 days all this is on the same diet with the odd blow out.

But I do get the can't stop eating episodes which also make no difference with the weight going up or down, unless its a serious eating bender for weeks months when I'm not able to move much at all. But other than that its just waiting I mean 6 lbs loss in less than a week and no difference in what I eat, its a symptom and will correct it self as homoeostasis improves unless your eating mega loads of junk then weigh gains to be expected . I eat a great diet no junk but still heap the weight on or lose it.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My weight still swings up and down to this day, I can loose or gain 3lbs to 7lbs over night, today I'm 166 lbs, the day before I was 169  ::)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

HI all,  :smitten:

Thanks for your responses to my post about disability..... Now that I got over the excitement that caused me to feel bad  ;), I'm really happy about it, I can relax and not worry about the future for a while relative to work. I think I was very lucky , many people have to go more than two rounds to get approved.

I made it through my dentist appointment , it was ok.... I have two more to go  :(

Things seem kinda stuck as far as more improvement goes.... Same symptoms , but I do have more energy . Should I keep holding? Probably .... It's been 2-1/2 months since I tried to cut back , and before that 4 months. I'm tempte to try a teeny tiny cut and see what happens , my sense is it'll still send me into more symptoms than I'm dealing with already .

Sorry Heath and Valley for your headaches . Heath , if you are able to do stuff and be with family , that's really something. I hope you are able to enjoy some of that time. And Valley , hope you feel better.

Valley , did you mean that you do or you don't have the jerking limbs since starting to taper?

I had that pretty bad during my cross from K to V , it was scary.

Now it just feels like muscle tightness but I don't get the jerking , not at the moment anyway .

I have this burning now in what feels like my heart, it's one of main symptoms , the burning. My skin is always really hot. Are there receptors in the heart too anyone know? Nerve endings ? I guess I'll google it!

Hugs to everyone  :hug: :hug:

MiYu

Hi MiYu. So glad you got the SSDI. It will help you relax and get through this. Prior to beginning my taper, I had the jerking. Once I started, the jerking went away. Hope your burning stops. I would definitely link it to benzo withdrawal.  :)--V

Hi Everyone

I just want to wish everyone a good day full of windows.  I have been very busy which is why I have not posted lately.  Everything is fine here.  You are all in my thoughts.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Everyone

I just want to wish everyone a good day full of windows.  I have been very busy which is why I have not posted lately.  Everything is fine here.  You are all in my thoughts.

Thanks Anne, always thinking of you also, glad to hear things are going well for you. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Everyone

:thumbsup::):hug:

MIYU...

:smitten::hug:

[b2...]