Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Oh, dear! So sorry you're sick. BG will make you some chicken soup!

(How can you tell it's a chicken?)

Well...  it could be a rooster. Their tail feathers stand up higher but I have a couple of chickens with high tails so it's hard to tell unless you hear them crow.  :)--V

Oh really....high tails..... ::). Since you are on the mend, I am going to make a mess of Egg Salad for all, and I think someone is making Chicken soup for you from one of your Girls... :) , I also have some of your "Vodkee" to put the pink back in your cheeks.... :angel:

Hi everyone. I've been reading through your posts here after I've been hit recently really hard with symptoms that have me in a spot where I'm feeling really horrible. I know now I've been cutting fairly quickly but up until this point I have been exercising daily, surfing with friends, was out in public more often and after my past 2 cuts to come down to 12 mgs of Valium, I have been really hit hard. It prob isn't helping that I have a minor cold going on but for 2 days I was basically in bed. I've been in a rush to get off the medicine and it seems like the Valium caught up with me. Nausea, constantly having to use bathroom, muscles in legs going wild twitching, major fatigue, sweaty palms, just really thrown into it hard. I don't think tapering right now is my best choice and I'm not going to increase my dose so my only other option is to hold. I've noticed minor improvement over the past few days but talk about a reality check. After a great reply from Valley-Um on how to do a daily micro taper, that seems to be my next step. My only question is, did you folks become stableish holding to allow you to go further? My fear is that maybe I need to just cut more and I'll feel better. Like this is some part of the Valium taper I need to muscle through but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. If you have any suggestions or thoughts for me I'd be really grateful. Have a great day everybody!

Welcome, Two, I do not know if you will stabilize without going up in dose, but the thing I do know like you do now, you have been going too fast and Valium has caught up with you. It is going to take time to feel better, pushing through seems not a good thing to do, why put yourself into more misery and maybe not be able to feel better, I have had two failed tapers and I up dosed and thankfully I did feel better in time so that now my third taper is going well, really well, some blips which mean very very minor sx and really have them off and on and can still function. There is something I have noted while being here at BB, buddies wanting to rush off and feeling worse, and not wanting to do anything different because of fear of the unknown, but if we do not try we will never know, and hopefully a hold will help, Valley will be on and give you more words of wisdom, but you will have to decide what is best for you in the end, and if it is not the best, you have the opportunity to change gears. Best to you.

Two,

When I've gotten into trouble going too fast I've always just held until things went away and I felt much better.  I did this even before finding BB - it just seemed like common sense.  I needed time to recover.  Now that I've slowed down, the taper has not caused me too much trouble.  I've recently switched to liquid so I can have a smoother ride from here on out. :thumbsup:

I'd bet you will start to feel a lot better in a few weeks. 

Two,

When I've gotten into trouble going too fast I've always just held until things went away and I felt much better.  I did this even before finding BB - it just seemed like common sense.  I needed time to recover.  Now that I've slowed down, the taper has not caused me too much trouble.  I've recently switched to liquid so I can have a smoother ride from here on out. :thumbsup:

I'd bet you will start to feel a lot better in a few weeks.

Thank you all for the quick replies and support. I do think that your all exactly right as far as holding and yes, the fear of the unknown is exactly what I'm encountering. I've been so rigid and dead on about Ashton...10% cuts...so on and so forth that I got lost in my taper and definitely paying the price but lesson learned. On to happier, more stable days ahead. A much needed break from my full time job of tapering is obviously much needed. I'm so thankful for you all sharing your experiences to help others like myself get through this. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Oh, dear! So sorry you're sick. BG will make you some chicken soup!

(How can you tell it's a chicken?)

Well...  it could be a rooster. Their tail feathers stand up higher but I have a couple of chickens with high tails so it's hard to tell unless you hear them crow.  :)--V

Oh really....high tails..... ::). Since you are on the mend, I am going to make a mess of Egg Salad for all, and I think someone is making Chicken soup for you from one of your Girls... :) , I also have some of your "Vodkee" to put the pink back in your cheeks.... :angel:

LOL. Hopefully today will be better.  :)--V

Hi everyone. I've been reading through your posts here after I've been hit recently really hard with symptoms that have me in a spot where I'm feeling really horrible. I know now I've been cutting fairly quickly but up until this point I have been exercising daily, surfing with friends, was out in public more often and after my past 2 cuts to come down to 12 mgs of Valium, I have been really hit hard. It prob isn't helping that I have a minor cold going on but for 2 days I was basically in bed. I've been in a rush to get off the medicine and it seems like the Valium caught up with me. Nausea, constantly having to use bathroom, muscles in legs going wild twitching, major fatigue, sweaty palms, just really thrown into it hard. I don't think tapering right now is my best choice and I'm not going to increase my dose so my only other option is to hold. I've noticed minor improvement over the past few days but talk about a reality check. After a great reply from Valley-Um on how to do a daily micro taper, that seems to be my next step. My only question is, did you folks become stableish holding to allow you to go further? My fear is that maybe I need to just cut more and I'll feel better. Like this is some part of the Valium taper I need to muscle through but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. If you have any suggestions or thoughts for me I'd be really grateful. Have a great day everybody!

Hi Two! I had the same problem as you when I got from 20 to 11.5.  I tapered much more rapidly than you have though and ended up pretty bad off. I was able to stabilize after each cut until the last 1mg cut sent me into outer darkness. I ended up holding for a looooong time but did finally stabilize.  :)--V

Hi TWL (Towel ;D) :hug: I agree with Sista' Begood, if it  was me, I would go back to the last dose you where good and hold there until stabilised, I only wish some one had told me that 2 years ago when I crashed after Ashton's schedule was way too fast for my poor system  :D :D :D Symptoms may be normal, but being disabled isn't normal discomfort is one thing barely surviving is wrong, I had to updose just over 9 weeks ago to where I was in January 2015 and am holding. 

Its only 1/4 of my original dose and 1+1/2 grams from  the 3.45 I  was at as I went to 5mg, and I am not stabilised yet as it can take from weeks to months but I'm cycling from bad days, hell days, okay days, and good days. So obviously even with the updose my body is working towards homoeostasis, if it wasn't I would just have continued on a slippery slope where my survival was at stake, I'm in this body no on else. Now its al about time and patience, sure we ALL want to be off and better 10 years ago but it just don't work rushing off, hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

gard how do we add a picture on a post?  8) thanks Nicole

See that little thing above the smileys that looks like a tiny Mona Lisa? Put that into your post. Little brackets will appear. Then find a picture online (I like to search google images). Right click on it. Copy the url (image location) into the middle of the little brackets. Click preview to see what it looks like. You should see your picture. If you like how it looks, add your words and post above or below the picture and post. You can do it!

Gard :smitten:

Hi TWOL and welcome!

Sorry you are having so much difficulty right now. Benzos can sure be a beast!

I dont want to restate all that the other buddies said but I do agree with them all. I got into a too fast taper a few months ago, and a hold of four months got me right back on track. I'm going real slow in my taper now and am having practically no problems at all. I'll probably speed it up a tad more in the near future and see what Happpens. The key is to follow how you feel and what your body tells you...and let that be your guide. But a hold will probably get you out if your difficult spot.

Good luck, peace and healing!

Heath  :)

hi guys, haven't been round for awhile...have crashed big time, tapered 3 mg of v in 3 mo, from 9 to 6, and now have almost seizure like sxs, and very confused head,  Doc just gave me pills to updose back up to nine mg again....I am completely unfuntioning, spasms so bad and then my body freezes up and it wont move.  went to er and they said not a real seizure and did a cat scan, and everything is ok, but I am still seizing like...what is best way to go up 3 mg in dose?

All at once in one day or slower?  I have been lurking and reading on here...lol....sorry if my post is sloppy, hands aren't working.

tried holding for one mo to stabilize, but just kept getting worse and worse, couldn't even dress myself this morning.  got home from doc and took 1 mg pill, now on 7 mg of v.  do I wait until tomorrow to take another mg, going to try not to go up three.  doc is very willing to let me do a really long taper, he is wanting to help me very much.

gard how do we add a picture on a post?  8) thanks Nicole

See that little thing above the smileys that looks like a tiny Mona Lisa? Put that into your post. Little brackets will appear. Then find a picture online (I like to search google images). Right click on it. Copy the url (image location) into the middle of the little brackets. Click preview to see what it looks like. You should see your picture. If you like how it looks, add your words and post above or below the picture and post. You can do it!

I see it. Thanks gard!  ;D

Hi Stella,

I'm sorry that things are so bad.  I haven't had experience with updosing but I know V, Begood, Nova and others have.  I'm sure they will be around soon.  I hope that you get some relief very soon. :smitten:

Thank you Lynn, appreciate your well wishes, sending some right back to you...my little people quit working awhile back when I got a new computer and had windows 10 on it, so I have to make my own....:)  3>    Stella

Stella, I'm sorry I don't know about up-dosing, but, as Lynn said, others here do and I'm sure they share their experiences. The only thing that comes to mind is you wouldn't want to up-dose more than necessary if you could help it. I would probably be inclined to try a small up-dose right away and see if it helped. You could always try more later. I have a fuzzy recollection of someone doing that (doing it in steps). Wish I had more to offer. :(

hi guys, haven't been round for awhile...have crashed big time, tapered 3 mg of v in 3 mo, from 9 to 6, and now have almost seizure like sxs, and very confused head,  Doc just gave me pills to updose back up to nine mg again....I am completely unfuntioning, spasms so bad and then my body freezes up and it wont move.  went to er and they said not a real seizure and did a cat scan, and everything is ok, but I am still seizing like...what is best way to go up 3 mg in dose?

All at once in one day or slower?  I have been lurking and reading on here...lol....sorry if my post is sloppy, hands aren't working.

tried holding for one mo to stabilize, but just kept getting worse and worse, couldn't even dress myself this morning.  got home from doc and took 1 mg pill, now on 7 mg of v.  do I wait until tomorrow to take another mg, going to try not to go up three.  doc is very willing to let me do a really long taper, he is wanting to help me very much.

Hi Stella!  Sorry you've hit a rough patch. I only did a slight updose when I switched to liquid but after reading numerous posts, it seems the best way to updose is jump up to 9 and go down the next day to 8 and then to 7 and see if you can get stable. That should flood your system with V. The hope is that you can updose and stabilize at a lower level. It takes a good 5 days to even out so you may have some uncomfortable sxs for those few days. In the past when I tried to updose by 2-3mg I always gave up after 3 days because of the insomnia. In hindsight, I wish I would have stuck it out but didn't know that it would take more than 3 days at the time. I'm sure others will chime in.  :)--V

Thank you so much V, I really appreciate the advice...I took an extra 1 mg when I got home and felt like a ton of bricks hit me, but will talk to my hubby about what you said  good to know it can take 5 or more days to feel the updose.  I already find myself seizing less this afternoon, that was so painful, just couldn't sit or stand or lay still, horrific....my doc was awesomely kind, and that is so helpful...but again very unbenzowise.  he does listen when I say stuff tho, which helps.  Hope you are feeling ok, looks like you are holding....I have been in the background, laughing about the chicken stuff...lol!  Looks like I will be doing a long hold too after I find the right dose for me...doc said hold as long as you need to. 

Stella Bee

Thank you so much V, I really appreciate the advice...I took an extra 1 mg when I got home and felt like a ton of bricks hit me, but will talk to my hubby about what you said  good to know it can take 5 or more days to feel the updose.  I already find myself seizing less this afternoon, that was so painful, just couldn't sit or stand or lay still, horrific....my doc was awesomely kind, and that is so helpful...but again very unbenzowise.  he does listen when I say stuff tho, which helps.  Hope you are feeling ok, looks like you are holding....I have been in the background, laughing about the chicken stuff...lol!  Looks like I will be doing a long hold too after I find the right dose for me...doc said hold as long as you need to. 

Stella Bee

I hope it works quickly for you. It's good,your doctor,is willing to work with you. My doctor thinks I'm staying on 12mg forever because that's what I told him after a couple of close calls calls with threats of a rapid taper and being cut off lol. I think the chicken lore will stay with the thread for quite a while along with the turtle. We're alll chickens here so we taper like turtles lol.  :)--V

Hi Stella, Valley gave you good advice. When I up dosed the first time I went from 0 to 10mg, as I was on my way to a massive stroke, and I told the Doctors I would go back on, so I did, and I had no problems, but it did take some days for the full affect, the second time I went through the impending stroke again, and went up to from 0 to 5mg and same thing some days and then I felt right as rain, I did not worry about what could happen or anything at that time I just said heck I am going to stay on forever. Well of course after a long hold I said no I have to get off before they stop making them... ::). For me it was my life or a major stroke and I chose to live and I am glad, for me it worked fine, and most of all it showed me what I had been doing wrong, going too fast and cutting too much, and I learned this long before I came to BB. I am doing well, just blips tiny almost non existent sx and a nagging benzo belly, but all in all I am functioning and I do not care how long it takes, I am doing the time. Best to you.

What browser do you use, I had to change to Firefox to get my emotes back, I can not do it without my little buddies.... ;D:smitten:

Yep we have many chickens and we are having a mess of fried chicken Sunday at V's house, and he is also providing the Vodkee...... :) we just need to bring some Turtle soup and Turtle candies...... :)

Thank you so much guys, your advice helps a lot.  I too feel I have no choice, I was starting to have the seizure things all day long, right from the moment I got up...makes your muscles hurt a lot when they spasm and twist all the day long.  I am actually LAYING on the couch tonight, WOW, that after 1 mg.  hoping not to have to go up the whole 3 mg.  the party sounds fun, especially the vodkee..hee hee~  I really don't want to change my browser, so I guess I'll have to live without my little guys...(sad), just put a word in instead.  This is quite the trip isn't it, and I fit right in with the group, because I am a big CHICKEN.....have been so nervous all day, gotta quit that anticipatory anxiety stuff.....hugs!!!!  Stella

The chicken and vodkee jokes made me smile..... :) I needed that. Having a horrid day, the kidney stone episode seems to have put me in a bad wave , not surprising I suppose but disheartening as I was starting to improve very slowly. Still have lots of low back pain and inflammation it feels like .

So my symptoms are all amped up again. Really hoping they will pass soon and I can stay on the road to stabilizing .  Got some dental appointment s coming up , I may have to postpone , my nervous system is just so hypersensitive still to any stress .

Was yours like that Valley when you hit your really bad patch? Did you manage to work throughout that time? I can't imagine that you could with all those symptoms....you must be strong!

Feeling a bit fed up .. :-[

MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu, don't be  :-[ things happen, and we can not always know how our poor bodies will react, you are fragile right now, and healing from the kidney stone, and yes I do think the stress of everything is making things tough right now, and you will have the gift of feeling better, and I know it takes a long time, but hang in there and be "Gentle" with you. :hug::mybuddy::hug:

The chicken and vodkee jokes made me smile..... :) I needed that. Having a horrid day, the kidney stone episode seems to have put me in a bad wave , not surprising I suppose but disheartening as I was starting to improve very slowly. Still have lots of low back pain and inflammation it feels like .

So my symptoms are all amped up again. Really hoping they will pass soon and I can stay on the road to stabilizing .  Got some dental appointment s coming up , I may have to postpone , my nervous system is just so hypersensitive still to any stress .

Was yours like that Valley when you hit your really bad patch? Did you manage to work throughout that time? I can't imagine that you could with all those symptoms....you must be strong!

Hi MiYu. I've never had any experience like the horrible withdrawal I experienced last year. I had almost every symptom listed and I actually did work through the worst of it. Looking back I don't know how in the world I did it but I did learn one thing. You can do a whole lot more than you think you can while in benzo withdrawal. It just takes forcing yourself to do it. Sorry you're still having the low back pain.  :)--V

Hi MiYu. I've never had any experience like the horrible withdrawal I experienced last year. I had almost every symptom listed and I actually did work through the worst of it. Looking back I don't know how in the world I did it but I did learn one thing. You can do a whole lot more than you think you can while in benzo withdrawal. It just takes forcing yourself to do it. Sorry you're still having the low back pain.  :)--V

Love this V :thumbsup:" You can do a whole lot more than you think you can while in benzo withdrawal. It just takes forcing yourself to do it." Priceless lesson learned and oh so very true. :thumbsup:

For a colonoscopy, do they put you out by using a  Benzo? Uh oh, what if you don't want a benzo? Do you have to be awake?  Oh no! Is there something else they use?

[5b...]