Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I have a story of woe today too..... :-[

I think I'm trying to pass a kidney stone. I've made it through today.... It started last night in my right side ( flank) below my waist, and has now travelled to the front and low abdomen, I'm guessing kidney stone because it comes in waves of acute intense stabbing pain.... Ugh.

My friend drove me to see a mutual friend who is a traditional Chinese med therapist . I'm so reluctant to go to hospital. He gave me a formula for dissolving stones, but if it's large and stuck , I may have to go tomorrow to the ER and have them check me out and break it up.

I haven't had pain like this since appendicitis ... It's exhausting . WTH , does it ever end!  :-[

Not fun and I feel kind of delirious.... Anyone have any experience with kidney stones ?

I had a four hour experience and was on my way to the Hospital and it finally passed, it was horrible, and I am glad I did not have to suffer more, it started just like yours did, and I hope that you get relief soon, you might have to go to the hospital, because you do not want complications and just be sure of any medication that they advise and you can refuse anything you do not want. Hope you are better now. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MiYu,

My husband had a kidney stone and I came home to find him, basically, passed out on the bathroom floor, his shirt soaked.  I took him to the ER and he was admitted.  The doctor said the pain was worse than childbirth (I question this!) and Mark was pasty-white and near shock.  Not to scare you but these things can turn bad.  He had been diagnosed with it a couple of weeks prior.  He spent a couple days in the hospital on a narcotic drip.  The pain let up and he came come scheduled for the "breaking-up" procedure.  The doctor told him to drink a ton of water to flush it out - well, he did but it was beer.  It passed without him even realizing it.  He was supposed to be using a strainer.  This was 25yrs ago and he hasn't had one since.  You should probably get it checked because the pain can get very bad.  Maybe you can flush it out by drinking a lot of water(?).  I'm sorry you are going thru this on top of everything else. :(

MiYu,

My husband had a kidney stone and I came home to find him, basically, passed out on the bathroom floor, his shirt soaked.  I took him to the ER and he was admitted.  The doctor said the pain was worse than childbirth (I question this!) and Mark was pasty-white and near shock.  Not to scare you but these things can turn bad.  He had been diagnosed with it a couple of weeks prior.  He spent a couple days in the hospital on a narcotic drip.  The pain let up and he came come scheduled for the "breaking-up" procedure. The doctor told him to drink a ton of water to flush it out - well, he did but it was beer.  It passed without him even realizing it.  He was supposed to be using a strainer.  This was 25yrs ago and he hasn't had one since.  You should probably get it checked because the pain can get very bad.  Maybe you can flush it out by drinking a lot of water(?).  I'm sorry you are going thru this on top of everything else. :(

Way to go Mark!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I did...It's only a minuscule amount of alcohol in the scheme of things but you know you're body better than anyone so best to go with your instincts. I stopped the daily and just did cut n hold but with the liquid as my dose. So I'd take the same amount each day for 2-3 weeks and then make a cut and sit on that dose for 2-3 weeks etc etc...

That's a good idea Shamo :thumbsup: I was eternally worried doing dry cut an hold that the doses weren't even when I was weighing them, it never occurred to me to use the liquid  ::) then at least the dose would be precise .

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi nova,    I hope you dont mind me asking,  I thought you had went back to pills because you could barely cut on the liquid... Am I mistaken?  I too worry about the accuracy of the pill weight; but liquid did not work for me regarding kolonopin.... i dont know why... I feel I have no other choice but this worries me greatly too.. ( pill weight)

Thank you for taking the time to clarify.....

A big hello to everyone on this thread... Trying to lay low from being sick but occupied (sometimes not in a good way)  :-[:-\

everyone is always in my thoughts all the time ....

Hi PBH  :hug: what I meant was I didn't think to do cut and hold instead of a daily micro taper where I ended up in a mess form cutting daily and not holding when sxs got bad as I was told its ''normal'' and just keep cutting until in the end I could not cut no more and was paralysed with symptoms and stuck for 17 months in agony going nowhere.

Yeah I did...It's only a minuscule amount of alcohol in the scheme of things but you know you're body better than anyone so best to go with your instincts. I stopped the daily and just did cut n hold but with the liquid as my dose. So I'd take the same amount each day for 2-3 weeks and then make a cut and sit on that dose for 2-3 weeks etc etc...

That's a good idea Shamo :thumbsup: I was eternally worried doing dry cut an hold that the doses weren't even when I was weighing them, it never occurred to me to use the liquid  ::) then at least the dose would be precise .

Hi nova,    I hope you dont mind me asking,  I thought you had went back to pills because you could barely cut on the liquid... Am I mistaken?  I too worry about the accuracy of the pill weight; but liquid did not work for me regarding kolonopin.... i dont know why... I feel I have no other choice but this worries me greatly too.. ( pill weight)

Thank you for taking the time to clarify.....

A big hello to everyone on this thread... Trying to lay low from being sick but occupied (sometimes not in a good way)  :-[:-\

everyone is always in my thoughts all the time ....

Hi PBH  :hug: what I meant was I didn't think to do cut and hold instead of a daily micro taper where I ended up in a mess form cutting daily and not holding when sxs got bad as I was told its ''normal'' and just keep cutting until in the end I could not cut no more and was paralysed with symptoms and stuck for 17 months in agony going nowhere.

Okay,,,,, thank you so much for answering me..... I really appreciate it very much!!!!

. Ahh, it's passed.... I went to bed last night with the pain having moved to my groin, bent over double with pain , awful!

This morning I woke up and it has gone , hoorah , no hospital.

I didn't see anything , but I wasn't really looking.....I'm very sore today but no pain , except the usual burning back .

Exhausted! But glad it's over.... Gonna keep taking the herbs in case there are more who have intentions of moving.

Phew!  :D  :smitten:

( maybe I'll try the beer next time )

. Ahh, it's passed.... I went to bed last night with the pain having moved to my groin, bent over double with pain , awful!

I didn't see anything , but I wasn't really looking.....I'm very sore today but no pain , except the usual burning back .

Exhausted! But glad it's over.... Gonna keep taking the herbs in case there are more who have intentions of moving.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hmm. Do we need to add some weird memes or something?

4680388ad3117cf31bea6714d1901ddc.jpg

Hey, V, is this a chicken or a rooster?

Definitely a chicken.  :laugh: 

I've been awol with the flu today but did do some pm'ing.  :)--V

Oh, dear! So sorry you're sick. BG will make you some chicken soup!

(How can you tell it's a chicken?)

Well...  it could be a rooster. Their tail feathers stand up higher but I have a couple of chickens with high tails so it's hard to tell unless you hear them crow.  :)--V

Hey Valley, I thought you knew! ..... the chickens crossed the road because they heard that some dude in the chicken coop over on the other side of the road was giving away free shots of vodka.  :crazy: 

Heath

Hey Valley, I thought you knew! ..... the chickens crossed the road because they heard that some dude in the chicken coop over on the other side of the road was giving away free shots of vodka.  :crazy: 

Heath

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heath

:laugh:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh Miyu, I am so happy for you! So glad it's all better and all over!

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Um... Vaaaalllley just thought I'd let  you know, mr Chicken man....  They are all "chickens"

Rooster is the male

Hen is the female.

Just saying, ya know, lol

Hmm. Do we need to add some weird memes or something?

4680388ad3117cf31bea6714d1901ddc.jpg

Hey, V, is this a chicken or a rooster?

Definitely a chicken.  :laugh: 

I've been awol with the flu today but did do some pm'ing.  :)--V

gard how do we add a picture on a post?  8) thanks Nicole

"GREAT NEWS." I will toast you with a Beer and a shot of V's Vodkee.!!!!  :thumbsup:

[01...]