Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi Anne, so far I am doing really well, very mild blips, mostly benzo belly once in a while and fatigue, but nothing that is overwhelming at all, no sx, just very mild blippy thingy's. ;D.

I read your post to Heath and it helped, I have almost driven V to drink, asking questions. He did help me a lot, so this is what that has sorta concerned me, I use a 1qt mason jar with lid, I use a 100cc syringe to fill with 196cc of water and 4cc of Vodka, and I do this 3 times for a total of 600cc with 3 2mg of Valium added, so far is going very well, unless I forget to measure correctly, the question I have is that my last dose yesterday was only 80cc, not the full 100cc dosage, so I had to make some more brew, I do not understand where that 20cc went, just curious, if I am doing it right, where did the solution go?. Thanks for your help, I hope everything is OK for you. :smitten:

I see your problem BG. I use 196cc of vodka and 4cc of water  :laugh:

I'll let Anne answer. She explains things clearly. :)--V

Oh now I know what your problem is from, too much "Vodkee"..... ::):laugh:::)  :2funny:

Here's a REALLY crazy situation. I don't  know what to do!!!

Ive been using a 10 ml syringe to measure my dose.

I thought I'd use a 1 ml syringe for the fraction part of a ml of my dose for more accuracy. ( .2 )

Just to be sure I was using the correct equivalent .... and that 1 ml was the same in both syringes...

I drew up 1 ml in the 1 ml syringe and emptied it into a very small shot glass.

Then, with a 10 ml syringe, I drew up that same amount out of the shot glass.....

and it measured 1.4 ml.

What the heck !    The syringes were not equal in their measurements! And I did this over and over at least 7 or 8 times.

The syringes are from two different manufacturers but that shouldn't make any difference! Or would it?

Should I just get 1 ml syringes from the same manufacturer as the 10 ml syringes I have? It seems like a waste if money, but if you guys think that will solve this, I will.

Crazy!  Right?  What to do?

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Heath,

Do not worry about it.  As V said consistency is most important.  I am an analytical chemist so I do know a little bit about measurement and errors in measurements.  The syringes and graduated cylinders we use are not as accurate as we think they are.  Can you get more accurate?  Sure.  You could buy volumetric pipettes and flasks from VWR or Sigma Aldrich that will cost quite a bit and be more accurate.  I paid $40 a piece for  5 mL volumetric flasks for our lab.  Do I use the more accurate costly glassware?  No.  I also have access to $10,000 balances.  Do I use them for my taper?  No.  It is not worth the extra time (or cost).  For what we are doing, the disposable syringes and graduated cylinders we buy on Amazon are good enough.  Yes, you are taking less or more volume each day, but as long as you are consistent and use the same measuring equipment, it will not cause a problem.  It is all relative. 

Just keep up what you are doing and it will be fine.

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

hi Anne what liquid are you using for your titration? I'm considering milk for the rest of my taper off klonopin. Thank you nicole

Hi Hope,

I use a little vodka and mix with water.  I use 2 mL of vodka and 123 mL water.

Anne

Here's a REALLY crazy situation. I don't  know what to do!!!

Ive been using a 10 ml syringe to measure my dose.

I thought I'd use a 1 ml syringe for the fraction part of a ml of my dose for more accuracy. ( .2 )

Just to be sure I was using the correct equivalent .... and that 1 ml was the same in both syringes...

I drew up 1 ml in the 1 ml syringe and emptied it into a very small shot glass.

Then, with a 10 ml syringe, I drew up that same amount out of the shot glass.....

and it measured 1.4 ml.

What the heck !    The syringes were not equal in their measurements! And I did this over and over at least 7 or 8 times.

The syringes are from two different manufacturers but that shouldn't make any difference! Or would it?

Should I just get 1 ml syringes from the same manufacturer as the 10 ml syringes I have? It seems like a waste if money, but if you guys think that will solve this, I will.

Crazy!  Right?  What to do?

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Heath,

Do not worry about it.  As V said consistency is most important.  I am an analytical chemist so I do know a little bit about measurement and errors in measurements.  The syringes and graduated cylinders we use are not as accurate as we think they are.  Can you get more accurate?  Sure.  You could buy volumetric pipettes and flasks from VWR or Sigma Aldrich that will cost quite a bit and be more accurate.  I paid $40 a piece for  5 mL volumetric flasks for our lab.  Do I use the more accurate costly glassware?  No.  I also have access to $10,000 balances.  Do I use them for my taper?  No.  It is not worth the extra time (or cost).  For what we are doing, the disposable syringes and graduated cylinders we buy on Amazon are good enough.  Yes, you are taking less or more volume each day, but as long as you are consistent and use the same measuring equipment, it will not cause a problem.  It is all relative. 

Just keep up what you are doing and it will be fine.

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

hi Anne what liquid are you using for your titration? I'm considering milk for the rest of my taper off klonopin. Thank you nicole

Hi Hope,

Anne

thank you Anne, I'm considering going with milk for the rest of my taper. Have you heard any success stories with milk? How did you react to the alcohol at first? I heard the alcohol can take a bit to get used to. Thank you.

Hi Anne, so far I am doing really well, very mild blips, mostly benzo belly once in a while and fatigue, but nothing that is overwhelming at all, no sx, just very mild blippy thingy's. ;D.

I read your post to Heath and it helped, I have almost driven V to drink, asking questions. He did help me a lot, so this is what that has sorta concerned me, I use a 1qt mason jar with lid, I use a 100cc syringe to fill with 196cc of water and 4cc of Vodka, and I do this 3 times for a total of 600cc with 3 2mg of Valium added, so far is going very well, unless I forget to measure correctly, the question I have is that my last dose yesterday was only 80cc, not the full 100cc dosage, so I had to make some more brew, I do not understand where that 20cc went, just curious, if I am doing it right, where did the solution go?. Thanks for your help, I hope everything is OK for you. :smitten:

Hi Begood,

I just want to make sure I have this straight.  You measure out 12 mL of vodka and add 588 mL of water for a total of 600 mL of liquid.      You use the 100 mL syringe to measure this out.  How do you measure out each individual dose?  Do you use the same syringe or another syringe?

Anne

Hi Hope,

Anne

thank you Anne, I'm considering going with milk for the rest of my taper. Have you heard any success stories with milk? How did you react to the alcohol at first? I heard the alcohol can take a bit to get used to. Thank you.

Hi Hope,

I have heard of people using milk for their taper with no problems.  Sometimes when people switch to liquid they experience an uptick in symptoms.  It is usually recommended to hold for a week or so before starting the taper.  Because the drug dissolves in the alcohol, it might be absorbed faster when taken.  I think some people become more symptomatic because they could have thought they were on a lower dosage than what they really were while dry cutting.  This would seem like a cut.  Some people have no problems at all when they switch to liquid. 

Good luck with your taper.

Anne

I see your problem BG. I use 196cc of vodka and 4cc of water  :laugh:

I'll let Anne answer. She explains things clearly. :)--V

Oh V how funny.  I finally realized that you said 196 cc of vodka.  I  was trying to figure  out BG's  problem and you said you could see it.  I couldn't, but now I get it.  Haha.

I actually had a drink yesterday.  It was sooooo good!! 

Hi Hope,

Anne

Hi Hope,

I have heard of people using milk for their taper with no problems.  Sometimes when people switch to liquid they experience an uptick in symptoms.  It is usually recommended to hold for a week or so before starting the taper.  Because the drug dissolves in the alcohol, it might be absorbed faster when taken.  I think some people become more symptomatic because they could have thought they were on a lower dosage than what they really were while dry cutting.  This would seem like a cut.  Some people have no problems at all when they switch to liquid. 

Good luck with your taper.

Anne

thank you Anne :)

Hi Begood,

I just want to make sure I have this straight.  You measure out 12 mL of vodka and add 588 mL of water for a total of 600 mL of liquid.      You use the 100 mL syringe to measure this out.  How do you measure out each individual dose?  Do you use the same syringe or another syringe?

Anne

I use the 100cc syringe, the same one I use to place water into jar.

Is this the first time you have been 20 mL short?

Yes, I thought it might be some sort of evaporation, but not sure, jar was closed. Heck I may have not measured right, and now unsure of myself..... ::)

VALLEY, LYNNE, ANN,

THANKS. I'll just keep the consistency correct and not worry about the difference in the syringe markings, just like you said.

I may just keep using the 10 ml syringe for now as long as I can still read the little lines. and not use the 1 ml syringe until I get way down really low.

Thanks again .... and thanks to the chickens. Even if they have nothing to do with this.

I just love their eggs.

Heath.  :crazy::idiot:

Heath,

I'm going to bite the bullet and go ahead and use the 1ml syringe for any fractional portion.  As long as I use the same syringes for the rest of my taper, the only "adjustment" will be the first time I use it - which will be tomorrow.  I'm not going to do any comparing.  I'll just assume it's fine...and forget your little experiment! :D :D

Yes, I thought it might be some sort of evaporation, but not sure, jar was closed.

You might have just made a mistake when measuring one or more of the dosages.  The other day, I measured out my dose and took it.  A few minutes later, I took another dose.  I had forgotten that I had already taken the dose and did not realize it until I took the second dose.  You might have misread the syringe for one of the doses.  It happens.  Since you use the same syringe for both measurement and dosing, you should not be off by much.  Being off by 20 mL tells me that you most likely took an extra 20 mL for one of your doses.  Or an extra 10 mL for two of the doses.

I agree that it was not evaporation because the lid was on the jar.

VALLEY, LYNNE, ANN,

THANKS. I'll just keep the consistency correct and not worry about the difference in the syringe markings, just like you said.

I may just keep using the 10 ml syringe for now as long as I can still read the little lines. and not use the 1 ml syringe until I get way down really low.

Thanks again .... and thanks to the chickens. Even if they have nothing to do with this.

I just love their eggs.

If you cover the side of the syringe with markings with scotch tape, the markings will not wear off.  I have been using the same syringe now for months.

Heath,

I'm going to bite the bullet and go ahead and use the 1ml syringe for any fractional portion.  As long as I use the same syringes for the rest of my taper, the only "adjustment" will be the first time I use it - which will be tomorrow.  I'm not going to do any comparing.  I'll just assume it's fine...and forget your little experiment! :D :D

Sounds like a good plan Lynn. 

:smitten: :smitten:

Yes, I thought it might be some sort of evaporation, but not sure, jar was closed.

You might have just made a mistake when measuring one or more of the dosages.  The other day, I measured out my dose and took it.  A few minutes later, I took another dose.  I had forgotten that I had already taken the dose and did not realize it until I took the second dose.  You might have misread the syringe for one of the doses.  It happens.  Since you use the same syringe for both measurement and dosing, you should not be off by much.  Being off by 20 mL tells me that you most likely took an extra 20 mL for one of your doses.  Or an extra 10 mL for two of the doses.

Thanks Anne, now seeing your answer in writing, I think you are correct, we both know that even when we think we are focused, we can and do make boo boo's, it puts me at ease now, and I will be very careful, from now on, I usually make up the 600ml fairly early. Again thank you, for your time and I will go forward. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

VALLEY, LYNNE, ANN,

I just love their eggs.

If you cover the side of the syringe with markings with scotch tape, the markings will not wear off.  I have been using the same syringe now for months.

Anne Sorry to bother you again, I've heard when you use a new syringe to clean it with dish soap because of a lubricant put in the syringes (I checked on of mine and there does seem to be an oil? Substance on it)  to keep the rubber tip from drying out is this true? Also heard after use to just rinse with plain water and put them in a baggie in the fridge to keep away bacteria is this true? If so do the syringes need to be dry before putting in baggie in fridge?

Thanks Anne, now seeing your answer in writing, I think you are correct, we both know that even when we think we are focused, we can and do make boo boo's, it puts me at ease now, and I will be very careful, from now on, I usually make up the 600ml fairly early. Again thank you, for your time and I will go forward. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Yes, it is so easy to make a mistake.  I do it all the time.  Enjoy your evening.  I am going to watch some tv and then off to bed. 

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Valley,

The more I think about it, the better I like your idea of 196 mL vodka and 4 mL water.  I think I would prefer bourbon though. 

Anne xoxox

Heath,

Sounds like a good plan Lynn. 

:smitten: :smitten:

Yes Lynn, sounds like Good plan. :thumbsup: Sometimes I think too much and worry myself for nothing.  :idiot: Glad you have the ability to listen to me and not make yourself nuts like I do so much of the  time.

When I'm ready to switch to the 1 ml syringe, I'll just figure out the new marking place and go from there consistently.

Thanks for the tip about the clear tape on the numbers so they don't wear out. 

Right now I am in the middle of getting from twice a day dosing to once a day dosing.

I have moved my doses closer and closer together. Right now they are only 5 hours apart, 6:30 pm and 11:30 pm ( or bed time). So far no problem.  Hope to get to one dose in the next week.

Heath :smitten: :smitten:

Hope yours and everyone else's tapers and days go smoothly.

Valley,

The more I think about it, the better I like your idea of 196 mL vodka and 4 mL water.  I think I would prefer bourbon though. 

Anne xoxox

LOL.  :laugh:

VALLEY, LYNNE, ANN,

I just love their eggs.

Anne Sorry to bother you again, I've heard when you use a new syringe to clean it with dish soap because of a lubricant put in the syringes (I checked on of mine and there does seem to be an oil? Substance on it)  to keep the rubber tip from drying out is this true? Also heard after use to just rinse with plain water and put them in a baggie in the fridge to keep away bacteria is this true? If so do the syringes need to be dry before putting in baggie in fridge?

I have never cleaned a syringe before the first use--not in the lab or here at home.  In fact, they do not clean the syringes used in the hospital before they are used.  They are taken right out of the wrapping and used.

I do clean my syringe with water after I use it.  Once a day, I clean it with soap and water. I keep the syringe in a bowl in the cupboard between uses.

Hope this helps

Anne

VALLEY, LYNNE, ANN,

I just love their eggs.

I have never cleaned a syringe before the first use--not in the lab or here at home.  In fact, they do not clean the syringes used in the hospital before they are used.  They are taken right out of the wrapping and used.

I do clean my syringe with water after I use it.  Once a day, I clean it with soap and water. I keep the syringe in a bowl in the cupboard between uses.

Hope this helps

Anne

thank you again Anne!

Hope free girl...

Thought I'd chime in here. I agree with Anne.

I have never cleaned any syringe with any soap. I just rinsit out with water and push the plunger through with the water two or three times. I shake it out and then put it in an open jar in the cabinet.

Never washed a syringe before using it either.

I've never used a syringe more than about a week simply because the numbers wear off but I have never had a problem. But now with the tape, I hope to use the syringe many more times.

Heath

[33...]