Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Well at 7 months I feel like I am 80% there. This is the best I've felt. Still a ways to go but if I stay off other drugs like opiates and lyrica etc I feel like I can finish off this healing. Hope all is well.

That's great Shamo! :thumbsup:

Hey everyone, if Valley does not start toeing the line, we will have an "EXORCISM". ::). and V will be the one to be honored......... :o Lets get our candles together...... ;D

I'm definitely holding now.  :)--V

Hey everyone, if Valley does not start toeing the line, we will have an "EXORCISM". ::). and V will be the one to be honored......... :o Lets get our candles together...... ;D

I'm definitely holding now.  :)--V

:2funny:

Hey Folks,

It is so encouraging and uplifting to hear of the improvement going on with so many.  It's just wonderful to come here and see friends getting some relief and happiness. :smitten:

V, hoping you feel better! :smitten:

Agreed!  :thumbsup:

Anne,

So glad to see you back and posting often again. Glad you are doing well and your husband too.

You have been missed. Hope it continues to go well for both of you.

:):smitten:  :thumbsup: Heath :):smitten:

THank you Heath.  It is nice to be back.  I am glad you are doing well and that the holds are working for you.  We will get through this.  A bit slower than some, but I it will be worth it.

Enjoy your day.

Anne xoxox :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Valley!  :) I hope you feel better , and remember to practice what you preach, so very well  :laugh:

I agree MiYu.  Please slow down Valley.  You have been doing great.  There is no rush at all.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, you are so right, about Valley slowing down, our Leader is outta control, I blame the benzo lies.

Glad to see you posting Anne, hope you are doing well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood,

Yes those benzo lies will get you every time.  It is so easy to get into that mode of wanting to push through.  Especially when feeling well.  We have to remember the reasons we feel well -- for some of us it is because we are tapering slow and have incorporated those holds.  I always forget that, which is why I end up having to correct my dose or hold for a longer time. 

I hope you are doing well Begood. Have a great day!!

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Folks,

It is so encouraging and uplifting to hear of the improvement going on with so many.  It's just wonderful to come here and see friends getting some relief and happiness. :smitten:

V, hoping you feel better! :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sounds scary V.  Please slow down!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Just popping in, I have been in a wave for about a month, no idea what to do about it, but wait. Wanted everyone to know I'm still here :)

Benniejets: how long after would you wait to cut out of curiosity? I turn into a depressive crying mess during my cycle and am just learning what to do around my cycle time. Sometimes I feel better when I cut so I thought I would try. Will not updose but hold a couple more days. Live and learn. I also tend to spot around ovulation since I started tapering. This crap really messes with hormones. Thanks Benniejets.

It mostly depended on how difficult a time I had during my period. If it was very bad, maybe 4-5 days. If normal crappy cycle, maybe 2-3 days after. One month was relatively easy so I just kept up with my every other day micro cut of .003 mg. I held a day or more whenever things were intolerable.

If you can estimate how soon your cuts hit, assuming you are doing cut and hold, this will help guide the timing. This is to the best of our ability.

I too had one month of ovulatory spotting. Another month of a theee week cycle, and another that was five weeks long. Now I am off K and have solid 27-28 day cycles. Which is pretty amazing given that I am 55 and perimenopausal. I've had my hormones checked and know this.

I have researched Tart cherry juice and pine bark (pycnogenol) as two things that have some proven efficacy for cramping. Tart cherry juice does seem to help. Just thought I'd share that, FWIW.

Hope you feel better.

Bennie

Just popping in, I have been in a wave for about a month, no idea what to do about it, but wait. Wanted everyone to know I'm still here :)

Thinking of you, Dove. It will get better. Hoping it is very soon!

:hug:

Gard

I have this problem too in spades... I get severe dystonic reactions adrenaline surges seizure like episodes where i seize and thrash around...pure full blown on terror during my period....rage, crying....akasthesia rls x 1000  ... I am scared to death of them and feel like my body can't handle another month of going thru this again.... I cannot...

Most of my frantic crazy lunatic posts cries for help on bb are always during this time..it is horrific.... I had my hormones checked and he said it was normal.... I told him what was happening... No answer... He asked what the hospital said ( taken by ambulance for this already) I told him they said it was related to the drug... Again no answer from primary doc

What on earth brings this on? Please anyone that has an idea.... How do I makes this not happen? I dread the thought of going thru this yet another month...I can't do it..it makes me feel like you know what but its not how I really feel..

If I go to a hospital again  when this happens what will they do? I need a plan something to lessen this.... I just don't know what to do ...this is too much stress on the body ... No doctors helping I don't have the strength to keep running to find others...

Any ideas what's causing this? i know hormones but how.what? Never had before benzos.... Just bad pms.  Thank you!..

Here's a REALLY crazy situation. I don't  know what to do!!!

Ive been using a 10 ml syringe to measure my dose.

I thought I'd use a 1 ml syringe for the fraction part of a ml of my dose for more accuracy. ( .2 )

Just to be sure I was using the correct equivalent .... and that 1 ml was the same in both syringes...

I drew up 1 ml in the 1 ml syringe and emptied it into a very small shot glass.

Then, with a 10 ml syringe, I drew up that same amount out of the shot glass.....

and it measured 1.4 ml.

What the heck !    The syringes were not equal in their measurements! And I did this over and over at least 7 or 8 times.

The syringes are from two different manufacturers but that shouldn't make any difference! Or would it?

Should I just get 1 ml syringes from the same manufacturer as the 10 ml syringes I have? It seems like a waste if money, but if you guys think that will solve this, I will.

Crazy!  Right?  What to do?

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

I thought I'd use a 1 ml syringe for the fraction part of a ml of my dose for more accuracy. ( .2 )

Just to be sure I was using the correct equivalent .... and that 1 ml was the same in both syringes...

Then, with a 10 ml syringe, I drew up that same amount out of the shot glass.....

and it measured 1.4 ml.

What the heck !    The syringes were not equal in their measurements! And I did this over and over at least 7 or 8 times.

The syringes are from two different manufacturers but that shouldn't make any difference! Or would it?

Should I just get 1 ml syringes from the same manufacturer as the 10 ml syringes I have? It seems like a waste if money, but if you guys think that will solve this, I will.

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Heath. The one thing that I've learned through this and reiterated by builder and SG over and over is that consistency is more important than accuracy. You can continue doing what you're doing with both the 10 and 1ml syringes and will be fine if that's how you've been doing it. If you want to change to 1ml syringes for your whole dose for peace of mind, then it won't hurt anything.

Whatever you do, just be consistent each day. I know there is a variation in the 1ml marks on my 10ml compared to the 1ml only syringes but as long as I stay with the same routine even though it may not be as accurate a measure, I know it's consistent every day. As long as you're consistent by using the same routine every day you will be fine.  :)--V

Baddove,

I'm sorry about your wave.  You said that it's about a month now.  I notice in your signature that you cut your seroquel about a month ago.  Do you think there is a connection?  Were you feeling better prior?

Heath,

I haven't used the 1ml syringe yet but V is right, consistency is what is important.  I can hardly read the lines on my 10ml syringes.  I'm still using the 5ml ones the pharmacist gave me.  I do think that I'll use the 10's and the 1's and not worry.  We may not have an exact starting point due to the variations but if we continue to use the same syringes we will consistently go down and by the correct amount.  So I think that once we start (even if it's "off" slightly) we will be fine the rest of the way.

I'm going to continue using the larger syringe for whole ML's and the 1ML one for portions - and it will be consistent going forward if I continue to use those same syringes.

Off to the lab to check my syringes! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Baddove,

I'm sorry about your wave.  You said that it's about a month now.  I notice in your signature that you cut your seroquel about a month ago.  Do you think there is a connection?  Were you feeling better prior?

I was feeling better prior.

I have fully dosed the sero a few times, it doesn't help. I think my problem is with the xanax dosing.

I need some input. Also, I could bring the sero back to full dose while dealing with the xanax problem.

3 weeks ago, I went from 4 doses a day to 3. I upped the dose, and wait 7 hours, then 8 or 9 for the third dose. I am getting worse and worse. I am almost always in hard wd, and when I do dose, it doesn't help much.

This is becoming unbearable.

I am thinking of changing to 4 doses a day. To stay at my total allowed daily dose, I would have to medicate every 5 hours, and take out a good chunk of each dose.

I am desperate. What I am doing is not working, and after 3 weeks, I can't function and am getting terrified.

A month ago I was dosing like that, it worked better, I was getting stable, so that's why I decided to work on the sero. Soon after, the xanax dose felt to low, so I bumped it up and stretched the time to compensate.

My greatest concern is that the smaller dose may feel like a big undermed. I don't know how exactly to proceed. I will have to cut it almost 25% to stay in my prescribed dose per day.

However, I have to change this method I have been using, I am in deep trouble, and after 3 weeks, it just keeps getting worse.

Need advice desperately.

and it measured 1.4 ml.

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Heath,

Do not worry about it.  As V said consistency is most important.  I am an analytical chemist so I do know a little bit about measurement and errors in measurements.  The syringes and graduated cylinders we use are not as accurate as we think they are.  Can you get more accurate?  Sure.  You could buy volumetric pipettes and flasks from VWR or Sigma Aldrich that will cost quite a bit and be more accurate.  I paid $40 a piece for  5 mL volumetric flasks for our lab.  Do I use the more accurate costly glassware?  No.  I also have access to $10,000 balances.  Do I use them for my taper?  No.  It is not worth the extra time (or cost).  For what we are doing, the disposable syringes and graduated cylinders we buy on Amazon are good enough.  Yes, you are taking less or more volume each day, but as long as you are consistent and use the same measuring equipment, it will not cause a problem.  It is all relative. 

Just keep up what you are doing and it will be fine.

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Bad,

So sorry to hear about your wave.  It does sound like it could be interdose withdrawal.  Going back to 4 doses could feel like a cut at first, but it might be worth it if you are able to get stable. I believe Xanax has a short half life, so you should know in a few days if it is working.

Good luck.

Anne

and it measured 1.4 ml.

Heath ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi Heath,

Do not worry about it.  As V said consistency is most important.  I am an analytical chemist so I do know a little bit about measurement and errors in measurements.  The syringes and graduated cylinders we use are not as accurate as we think they are.  Can you get more accurate?  Sure.  You could buy volumetric pipettes and flasks from VWR or Sigma Aldrich that will cost quite a bit and be more accurate.  I paid $40 a piece for  5 mL volumetric flasks for our lab.  Do I use the more accurate costly glassware?  No.  I also have access to $10,000 balances.  Do I use them for my taper?  No.  It is not worth the extra time (or cost).  For what we are doing, the disposable syringes and graduated cylinders we buy on Amazon are good enough.  Yes, you are taking less or more volume each day, but as long as you are consistent and use the same measuring equipment, it will not cause a problem.  It is all relative. 

Just keep up what you are doing and it will be fine.

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

hi Anne what liquid are you using for your titration? I'm considering milk for the rest of my taper off klonopin. Thank you nicole

Hi Anne, so far I am doing really well, very mild blips, mostly benzo belly once in a while and fatigue, but nothing that is overwhelming at all, no sx, just very mild blippy thingy's. ;D.

I read your post to Heath and it helped, I have almost driven V to drink, asking questions. He did help me a lot, so this is what that has sorta concerned me, I use a 1qt mason jar with lid, I use a 100cc syringe to fill with 196cc of water and 4cc of Vodka, and I do this 3 times for a total of 600cc with 3 2mg of Valium added, so far is going very well, unless I forget to measure correctly, the question I have is that my last dose yesterday was only 80cc, not the full 100cc dosage, so I had to make some more brew, I do not understand where that 20cc went, just curious, if I am doing it right, where did the solution go?. Thanks for your help, I hope everything is OK for you. :smitten:

Hi Anne, so far I am doing really well, very mild blips, mostly benzo belly once in a while and fatigue, but nothing that is overwhelming at all, no sx, just very mild blippy thingy's. ;D.

I read your post to Heath and it helped, I have almost driven V to drink, asking questions. He did help me a lot, so this is what that has sorta concerned me, I use a 1qt mason jar with lid, I use a 100cc syringe to fill with 196cc of water and 4cc of Vodka, and I do this 3 times for a total of 600cc with 3 2mg of Valium added, so far is going very well, unless I forget to measure correctly, the question I have is that my last dose yesterday was only 80cc, not the full 100cc dosage, so I had to make some more brew, I do not understand where that 20cc went, just curious, if I am doing it right, where did the solution go?. Thanks for your help, I hope everything is OK for you. :smitten:

I see your problem BG. I use 196cc of vodka and 4cc of water  :laugh:

I'll let Anne answer. She explains things clearly. :)--V

[7e...]