Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Just checking in, it's been a while. Things have been horrible for me for the past month. I have no answers. Wanted everyone to know I am still around, just not very active here right now.

So very sorry to hear that, Dove. I've been having a bad time, too, and am just getting through one day at a time. I think that's all we can do sometimes. Sometimes one hour or one minute at a time!  Here is a cyber-hug for both of us.

:hug:

Gard :smitten:

Hey I want a cyber hug lol. Anxiety is really high. I have to admit my problems are self imposed though. If I would stick to my planned slow taper I'd be fine but I get ambitious and then get hit again. You'd think I would learn after falling into this trap 3 times. Maybe I need a cyber kick in the rear instead.  :)--V

Valley, is this anxiety from going too fast?,  and are you towing the line now? Sending you a big

[glow=red,2,300]{{{{ CYBER HUG }}}}.[/glow]

Thanks BG. Yes, I'm going too fast. I just need to stick to the plan and hold instead of cutting because I feel good. I keep getting myself in this mess lol.  :)--V

Sorry, but a bit of brain fog, so you are still tapering in spite of feeling bad, is that correct?  :-[

LOL. I feel good so I taper before my built in holds are finished because I feel good and then end up feeling bad. When I stick to the plan, I always feel good.  :)--V

bballmom: Do you tend to hold prior to your cycle and until after then proceed?  My depression picks up even more around 5 days before my cycle and throughout.  I cut on my second heavy day after holding 5 days, granted I am doing a microtaper and my anxiety is high  :crazy:. I just can't hold forever.  Maybe I should have waited until my cycle finished as to not mess with my hormones.  Any words of wisdom will be highly appreciated.

Can anyone also offer any feedback on what they tend to do: hold, how long, cut, when, etc...  I know we are all genetically different but I was just wondering what others are doing.  Thanks for being here ladies.  :thumbsup:

Warrior

I'm sending cyber hugs to all of you who are struggling badly ,Dove , Gard , Valley,  too bad they can't be real hugs , but know that the feeling is there.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am having a window , yay! after some rough days ..Taking into account my general state of health, I think this is a pretty good one!  :)

So grateful for the encouragement here to do long holds.... I would never have managed without your support.

I know that this window may not last , but i am definitely having some better days interspersed with the horrid ones .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

That's great news MiYu!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Valley!  :) I hope you feel better , and remember to practice what you preach, so very well  :laugh:

WOO HOO ! MIYU!

Good news...another window! Don't be discouraged by bad days. Unfortunately, they will come, but they will be shorter and shorter waves ....and many more longer windows!

You are on your way! Keep up the hold though until you are really reLly very stable... it WILL  happen! Actually...it looks like it is in the "happening" stages already! I am so very happy for you and proud of your great courage and strength to hold on!

:D;D:smitten::thumbsup::yippee::clap::hug:

Heath

Thank you dear Heath  :smitten:  :smitten::-*

I'm sending cyber hugs to all of you who are struggling badly ,Dove , Gard , Valley,  too bad they can't be real hugs , but know that the feeling is there.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am having a window , yay! after some rough days ..Taking into account my general state of health, I think this is a pretty good one!  :)

So grateful for the encouragement here to do long holds.... I would never have managed without your support.

I know that this window may not last , but i am definitely having some better days interspersed with the horrid ones .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

MiYu, so very happy for you, I knew if you did the time you would see some good results. Your news has made this a [glow=red,2,300]"FANSTATIC DAY" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/glow]

Thank you dear Begood  :smitten:  :-*

Hey. Valley, like MIYU said, practice what you preach and you will be in good shape .just like the people you advise. We practice what you preach and you get us on the right track.

Like my dad always used to say: Do as I say, not as I do! :D:2funny: :2funny: :clap:

Hope you are feeling better today!

Heath

Can anyone also offer any feedback on what they tend to do: hold, how long, cut, when, etc...  I know we are all genetically different but I was just wondering what others are doing.  Thanks for being here ladies.  :thumbsup:

Warrior

When I was micro tapering I rarely cut before, during or immediately after my period. Especially if you are doing cut and hold, it makes a difference. The progesterone withdrawal and Benzo withdrawal are double whammies.

Benniejets: how long after would you wait to cut out of curiosity? I turn into a depressive crying mess during my cycle and am just learning what to do around my cycle time. Sometimes I feel better when I cut so I thought I would try. Will not updose but hold a couple more days. Live and learn. I also tend to spot around ovulation since I started tapering. This crap really messes with hormones. Thanks Benniejets.

Thank you Valley!  :) I hope you feel better , and remember to practice what you preach, so very well  :laugh:

I agree MiYu.  Please slow down Valley.  You have been doing great.  There is no rush at all.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi MiYu

So happy for you.  The windows will become more frequent!!  Wonderful news!!

I hope everyone else is doing well today.

Anne xoxox :smitten: :smitten:

Well at 7 months I feel like I am 80% there. This is the best I've felt. Still a ways to go but if I stay off other drugs like opiates and lyrica etc I feel like I can finish off this healing. Hope all is well.

Anne,

So glad to see you back and posting often again. Glad you are doing well and your husband too.

You have been missed. Hope it continues to go well for both of you.

:):smitten:  :thumbsup: Heath :):smitten:

I agree MiYu.  Please slow down Valley.  You have been doing great.  There is no rush at all.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, you are so right, about Valley slowing down, our Leader is outta control, I blame the benzo lies.

Glad to see you posting Anne, hope you are doing well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Well at 7 months I feel like I am 80% there. This is the best I've felt. Still a ways to go but if I stay off other drugs like opiates and lyrica etc I feel like I can finish off this healing. Hope all is well.

So happy to see your post and the change that I can read, it is just great :thumbsup:, keep on walking the walk, you are so close.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:yippee::clap::highfive::socool:

Hey Folks,

It is so encouraging and uplifting to hear of the improvement going on with so many.  It's just wonderful to come here and see friends getting some relief and happiness. :smitten:

V, hoping you feel better! :smitten:

Hey everyone, if Valley does not start toeing the line, we will have an "EXORCISM". ::). and V will be the one to be honored......... :o Lets get our candles together...... ;D

[dd...]