Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hi everyone.

Thank you ALL for all your help. All of your posts helped me to see things more clearly.

I am going to stay with my current 10:1 solution for now..

I like the way Lynne does it. I'll use the ten ml syringe to measure out the whole ml and I'll use the 1ml syringe for better accuracy to measure out the fractions of a ml. I think that will be best for me right now.

Heath :smitten::thumbsup:

Hi everyone.

Thank you ALL for all your help. All of your posts helped me to see things more clearly.

I like the way Lynne does it. I'll use the ten ml syringe to measure out the whole ml and I'll use the 1ml syringe for better accuracy to measure out the fractions of a ml. I think that will be best for me right now.

I have to do it that way too Heath. I can't hardly see the marks on the 10ml syringe so I have to use the 1ml syringe for accuracy in the reductions.  :)--V

Hi everyone.

I have to do it that way too Heath. I can't hardly see the marks on the 10ml syringe so I have to use the 1ml syringe for accuracy in the reductions.  :)--V

Thanks V, yes it will be easier and more accurate. Right now I have to shine a flashlight behind the 10 ml syringe and I'm still not sure if I have it right when it gets to the tiny lines, so I know what you mean!

I am also trying to get to one dose a day instead of two. I have gotten my two doses closer together,

2 pm and 11pm with no problem at all. I'm planning on getting them closer together by one hour closer every day. Does that sound like a reasonable plan or is it too fast? Asking you V because you seem to have so much experience and knowledge with so many things.

Anyone else have knowledge with this, please chime in.

Thanks, Heath :):smitten:

Hi jr,

I'm at twice a day  6am and 6pm.  I've been twice a day for a long time.

that is great. no interdose?that is a good thing. I had interdose problems when I went to liquid so I dosed 5 times a day. You are doing great . it will not be long now. Take your time. I found jumping to be harder than tapering, but I didnt know until I got there.

Hi everyone.

Thanks V, yes it will be easier and more accurate. Right now I have to shine a flashlight behind the 10 ml syringe and I'm still not sure if I have it right when it gets to the tiny lines, so I know what you mean!

I am also trying to get to one dose a day instead of two. I have gotten my two doses closer together,

2 pm and 11pm with no problem at all. I'm planning on getting them closer together by one hour closer every day. Does that sound like a reasonable plan or is it too fast? Asking you V because you seem to have so much experience and knowledge with so many things.

Anyone else have knowledge with this, please chime in.

Thanks, Heath :):smitten:

I may be the wrong person to ask lol. I move my doses around all the time without any problem. Sometimes I tale them 12 hours apart and sometimes 6-7 hours apart. It doesn't seem to have any adverse impact overall. It sounds like your plan is the best and safest way to do it.  :)--V

Hi jr,

that is great. no interdose?that is a good thing. I had interdose problems when I went to liquid so I dosed 5 times a day. You are doing great . it will not be long now. Take your time. I found jumping to be harder than tapering, but I didnt know until I got there.

I haven't had interdose for almost a year and was even thinking of going to once a day - that's a psychological barrier, most likely, at this point.  I'm sorry that you had elevated wd when you jumped.  Your taper was very prudent.  I guess none of us know what will happen but at least it should be a continual healing at that point with no more recovering from cuts. :thumbsup:  Have your sxs leveled off at this point?  Improvement happening?

Hi jr,

I haven't had interdose for almost a year and was even thinking of going to once a day - that's a psychological barrier, most likely, at this point.  I'm sorry that you had elevated wd when you jumped.  Your taper was very prudent.  I guess none of us know what will happen but at least it should be a continual healing at that point with no more recovering from cuts. :thumbsup:  Have your sxs leveled off at this point?  Improvement happening?

I still have a slight bit of anxiety and tinnitus. nothing that I can't handle!

Just checking in, it's been a while. Things have been horrible for me for the past month. I have no answers. Wanted everyone to know I am still around, just not very active here right now.

Sorry for the rough time BD. We're here for you when you need us.  :)--V

Just checking in, it's been a while. Things have been horrible for me for the past month. I have no answers. Wanted everyone to know I am still around, just not very active here right now.

So very sorry to hear that, Dove. I've been having a bad time, too, and am just getting through one day at a time. I think that's all we can do sometimes. Sometimes one hour or one minute at a time!  Here is a cyber-hug for both of us.

:hug:

Gard :smitten:

So very sorry to hear that, Dove. I've been having a bad time, too, and am just getting through one day at a time. I think that's all we can do sometimes. Sometimes one hour or one minute at a time!  Here is a cyber-hug for both of us.

Hey I want a cyber hug lol. Anxiety is really high. I have to admit my problems are self imposed though. If I would stick to my planned slow taper I'd be fine but I get ambitious and then get hit again. You'd think I would learn after falling into this trap 3 times. Maybe I need a cyber kick in the rear instead.  :)--V

Hey I want a cyber hug lol. Anxiety is really high. I have to admit my problems are self imposed though. If I would stick to my planned slow taper I'd be fine but I get ambitious and then get hit again. You'd think I would learn after falling into this trap 3 times. Maybe I need a cyber kick in the rear instead.  :)--V

Naw, if I gave a cyber-kick-in-the-rear to you, I'd have to give one to myself, too. But I do have a reason to push myself right now. In a month or so, I may have to do a long hold again because of some things I see on the horizon. I want to make some progress before that happens. But I am thinking I may need to scale back my goal a bit. Or maybe more than a bit. >:(

Anyway, you get a cyber-hug, too, V!

And here are a few more for anybody who needs one!  :hug: :hug: :hug: You can even hand them out to your chickens!

Naw, if I gave a cyber-kick-in-the-rear to you, I'd have to give one to myself, too. But I do have a reason to push myself right now. In a month or so, I may have to do a long hold again because of some things I see on the horizon. I want to make some progress before that happens. But I am thinking I may need to scale back my goal a bit. Ot maybe more than a bit. >:(

Anyway, you get a cyber-hug, too, V!

And here are a few more for anybody who needs one!  :hug: :hug: :hug: You can even hand them out to your chickens!

The chickens thank you for remembering them.  :laugh:

Hi Bad dove,

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling. I hope things turn around for you soon. We are all here for you. I am having a sad day today too. But it has nothing to do with Benzos. Just mother daughter stuff. So I'm going to share some of the hugs that were sent out to you if you dont mind.

Benzo withdrawal is a bummer alright. Roller coaster with dips that are worse than when the ups are good. Hang in there. Don't hesitate to vent. We are here for you.

Here are some more hugs.... :hug: :hug: :hug: for you, V's chickens, Gard,and anyone else who needs them.

Heath

Baddove,

Sorry to hear your having such troubles right now. If I understand your signature correctly, you are holding now so just hang in there and let more time pass. With the practice of relaxation and letting time pass while holding you will get better.

Hugs from me as well.  :hug:

ATU

I'm sending cyber hugs to all of you who are struggling badly ,Dove , Gard , Valley,  too bad they can't be real hugs , but know that the feeling is there.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am having a window , yay! after some rough days ..Taking into account my general state of health, I think this is a pretty good one!  :)

So grateful for the encouragement here to do long holds.... I would never have managed without your support.

I know that this window may not last , but i am definitely having some better days interspersed with the horrid ones .

Love, MiYu  :smitten:

Hi Bad dove,

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling. I hope things turn around for you soon. We are all here for you. I am having a sad day today too. But it has nothing to do with Benzos. Just mother daughter stuff. So I'm going to share some of the hugs that were sent out to you if you dont mind.

Benzo withdrawal is a bummer alright. Roller coaster with dips that are worse than when the ups are good. Hang in there. Don't hesitate to vent. We are here for you.

Here are some more hugs.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Heath

Hugs for you too Heath  :hug::smitten:

I'm sending cyber hugs to all of you who are struggling badly ,Dove , Gard , Valley,  too bad they can't be real hugs , but know that the feeling is there.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am having a window , yay! after some rough days ..Taking into account my general state of health, I think this is a pretty good one!  :)

So grateful for the encouragement here to do long holds.... I would never have managed without your support.

I know that this window may not last , but i am definitely having some better days interspersed with the horrid ones .

That's great news MiYu!  :thumbsup:

WOO HOO ! MIYU!

Good news...another window! Don't be discouraged by bad days. Unfortunately, they will come, but they will be shorter and shorter waves ....and many more longer windows!

You are on your way! Keep up the hold though until you are really reLly very stable... it WILL  happen! Actually...it looks like it is in the "happening" stages already! I am so very happy for you and proud of your great courage and strength to hold on!

:D;D:smitten::thumbsup::yippee::clap::hug:

Heath

MiYu, so very happy for you, I knew if you did the time you would see some good results. Your news has made this a [glow=red,2,300]"FANSTATIC DAY" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/glow]

Valley, is this anxiety from going too fast?,  and are you towing the line now? Sending you a big

[glow=red,2,300]{{{{ CYBER HUG }}}}.[/glow]

Valley, is this anxiety from going too fast?,  and are you towing the line now? Sending you a big

Thanks BG. Yes, I'm going too fast. I just need to stick to the plan and hold instead of cutting because I feel good. I keep getting myself in this mess lol.  :)--V

Thanks BG. Yes, I'm going too fast. I just need to stick to the plan and hold instead of cutting because I feel good. I keep getting myself in this mess lol.  :)--V

Sorry, but a bit of brain fog, so you are still tapering in spite of feeling bad, is that correct?  :-[

[44...]