Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Day 3 of Daily Liquid Micro-taper.  The cuts at this low level were getting a little harsh and I was unable to cut smaller pieces.  Crushing and weighing seemed a little more effort than mixing 10 days worth of liquid at a time.

Since this is xanax, I should know of any problems in the next day or two.  To start I am holding at a slight reduction of .090 xanax.  I have a Taper plan but will adjust/hold as necessary.  Fingers firmly crossed!

Thinking of all here. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Day 3 of Daily Liquid Micro-taper.  The cuts at this low level were getting a little harsh and I was unable to cut smaller pieces.  Crushing and weighing seemed a little more effort than mixing 10 days worth of liquid at a time.

Since this is xanax, I should know of any problems in the next day or two.  To start I am holding at a slight reduction of .090 xanax.  I have a Taper plan but will adjust/hold as necessary.  Fingers firmly crossed!

Good for you,it is like night and day, so much easier I love it well you know what I mean.... Congrats to moving to Liquid. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Hi Lynn are you aware than when  you go from solids to liquids while tapering you should hold at least two to four weeks so your system gets used to the change first then see how you go before cutting? That was another big mistake I made when I swapped like you have, I carried on cutting as normal with no hold as I didn't know this at the time, and that also contributed to getting me into more trouble with severe symptoms, and being told ''its normal' ::)  to have problems when going to liquids form cut and hold.

Yes its can be rough for many people but no one asked or pointed out to me about holding at the same during the cross over being essential before any cut for that reason. Also some people find that they need to updose a bit as well as hold as  the liquid may be a bit weaker than the pills for some reason I haven't got the head to explain in graphic detail but can happen. I know we're all different as you know only too well  ;D but I personally would do the hold before you venture into cutting too soon after crossing.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Nova!  How long did it take before you had problems?  I was thinking that with xanax I should know in 3-5 days.  My taper plan for the next month is a reduction of about half (percent-wise) of my last couple of cuts.  I thought I might play it by ear(?). 

Good to hear, Heath! :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well, Lynn.  :hug:

I'm in a cutting week and was surprised that after only 4 days the tremor and twitching started again.>:(  My mood is not changed much, though. Will decided on Saturday if I will slow down or hold or keep going.

Gard

Hi Lynn,

Good for you.  I think you will like the liquid.  You have much more control over the amounts you cut.  It is a good idea to hold for a week or so when you first switch to liquid.  My theory is that sometimes people are taking a bit more of the drug than what they think when dry cutting--this is due to measurement errors.  If that is the case, the switch to liquid can feel like a cut. Usually the concentration errors are very small, but when dosing smaller amounts it definitely can feel like a cut. 

Good luck.  You are doing great with your taper!!

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lynn. I only had minor sxs when switching but did updose very slightly and held for 2 weeks. I still don't understand the dry cutting and weighing pills. It's much easier IMO to use liquid. I think you'll like it!  :)--V

HI everyone  :-*

Heath....so glad your aches and tingles are diminishing! Good news.... :smitten:

I was just about post a question about pain..... I've been feeling better mentally but am now experiencing terrible stiffness and pain , especially in my back..... I'm assuming this is another cycle of ' healing ' during hold? I know you e experienced a lot of pain ... How about you Vallley, during your long hold? I have burning in my breathing passages now too it seems. And very sore tummy. More energy though so that's something.

Happy some of you are doing well still, holding the torch for other turtles :)

Lynn.... Good luck with the cross  :thumbsup::smitten:

Gard , thank you for your support , and I do hope things settle down for you quickly  :smitten:

Anne, I hope your husband , and you , are doing well. :smitten:

Hi Begood and Valley  :hug:

Have I missed anyone ?  :o

Love, MiYu

MiYu, I definitely had pain and muscle stiffness during my hold. I even had an MRI because my neck hurt so bad. It has let up but I still have periods of muscle soreness and nerve pain.  :)--V

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your continual encouragement. You are all so kind and caring :)

LYNN,

I changed from splitting pills to liquid during a hold. I felt I could not get a steadily correct dose with pill splitting, I thought that was one reason my sdx were so crazy. I was probably going up and down with only slight dose changes, but it was enough to make my CNS crazy.

Anyway, I did get some extra sdx when I switched to liquid.  But they did not last too long.

Now my body is completely accustomed to liquid. I find liquid so much more accurate and so easy to prepare. I mix enough for 8 days all at once. I use Roxanne liquid and make a 10:1 solution and it holds its potency at room temperature just st fine.

Good luck with the liquid. I'm sure it should work well for you. :thumbsup:

Heath  :smitten::thumbsup::)

Hi MIYU,

Yes, I did get sdx that were sometimes bad during my holds. I have experienced muscle pain in almost every part of my body at one time or another, it just keeps moving around from place to place. Sometimes lasting for a long time, like this neck pain and sometimes for just a few days.

Right now it's the pins and needles. They come and go and I know one day they will go for good. Just have to hold on and be patient.

I get the intrusive thoughts and other anxiety sometimes but not too often. For me, that is almost worse than the physical pain, but easier to distract and get through it. None of the benzo sdx are good!

So keep hangin in, kiddo. What you are experiencing sounds pretty normal to me, that is for withdrawal!

Stay tough like you have been!

Heath :smitten::)

Miyu,

I was on a long hold just up until 2 days ago. I went through about a week to ten days of bad muscle pain in my shoulders and especially my neck and throat.

I used pain meds mainly ibuprofen or tylenol but what really helped was self massage.

I just looked up self massage for neck and throat on you tube, found some that along with muscle rub cream worked out well.

I also tried some magnesium cream I had read about. I used this as the pain was starting to diminish anyway but I think it helped.

These sxs all seem to be transient during taper so know that in time while holding they will eventually go away.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Peace & Healing

ATU

I too use magnesium that gets rubbed into my skin. I use it around my neck and shoulder blades and calves and feet. Only mine is a liquid. It is supposedly made from magnesium from the sea. Not sure bit it definitely helps.

Heath

How are you doing ATU?

Lynn33,

I am doing OK, I was holding long for two reasons you may remember.

1. I was having lots of stomach and muscle pain issues

2. I had Dental appointment coming up which terrified me.

Well I failed the Dental appointment, I tried but once I swallowed that freezing gel and couldnt swallow, I freaked out like a little boy :idiot:

My muscle pains have all but died right down now. No doubt much of it was caused by anticipatory anxiety.

I now have an appointment to see a dentist who puts you out for the work. I doubt I will need this beyond this episode but it sounds good to me.  ;D

How are you doing?

ATU

ATU,

I read of your dental situation - I'd of been out the door too!  I have a perio appt Tuesday that has me a little tense. :sick:  I'd like to be put out!

I'm doing well and have just switched to liquid - so far, so good. 

Have a nice evening.  ;)

MiYu, I have muscle tightness in behind my neck in that muscle at times, but like ATU, I rub it and use my 4 pong vibrator and it loosens the tightness, like all of the sx, this is going to come and go for most, especially if on Valium, as it is also a muscle relaxant, so just know this too will pass. :smitten:

I ATU, hope you are recovered and feeling better. Take care, things happen when we least expect them, there are times when I have trouble swallowing, it comes and feels weird, but goes away, these benzo's just keep on giving.... :smitten:

Lynn, you may remember that when I started liquid taper, I became extremely nauseated, right away, but I think now the reason is because I think I was not doing it right, and with the dry cuts I was all over the place, but like I said before, the Liq is so much better, it gives me freedom not to be tied to the lab so often. :thumbsup:

Valley how are you doing. Any new chickens?

MiYu, I have muscle tightness in behind my neck in that muscle at times, but like ATU, I rub it and use my 4 pong vibrator and it loosens the tightness, like all of the sx, this is going to come and go for most, especially if on Valium, as it is also a muscle relaxant, so just know this too will pass. :smitten:

I ATU, hope you are recovered and feeling better. Take care, things happen when we least expect them, there are times when I have trouble swallowing, it comes and feels weird, but goes away, these benzo's just keep on giving.... :smitten:

Lynn, you may remember that when I started liquid taper, I became extremely nauseated, right away, but I think now the reason is because I think I was not doing it right, and with the dry cuts I was all over the place, but like I said before, the Liq is so much better, it gives me freedom not to be tied to the lab so often. :thumbsup:

No new chickens lol. I'd get more but we can only have so many in city limits.

I jinxed myself by cutting too soon. I was,doing so well and thought I could start again rather than wait out the normal amount of time. I'm nauseous and tired but wonder if I'm getting the flu rather than going through benzo withdrawal. My daughter just got over influenza. They quarantined our whole family lol. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's plain old flu and what's benzo flu. Hope you're doing well! :)--V

No new chickens lol. I'd get more but we can only have so many in city limits.

I jinxed myself by cutting too soon. I was,doing so well and thought I could start again rather than wait out the normal amount of time. I'm nauseous and tired but wonder if I'm getting the flu rather than going through benzo withdrawal. My daughter just got over influenza. They quarantined our whole family lol. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's plain old flu and what's benzo flu. Hope you're doing well! :)--V

Sorry about the chickens. Yep sometimes the need to cut is so strong and then it may bite you in the behind, I learned my lesson not to change anything, as long as it is working, I will not go down that road again, lessons learned the hard way at times. I am doing well, going into my second month and still do not know how much longer I am going to hold, just like feeling good with only minor blips every now and then. :smitten:

Hi Jr, or anyone else who would like to chime in,

I've been thinking about your taper. I see you have been micro tapering .01 every day.

That means every 10 days you will have decreased your dose by .1  Right?

I am now at 1.12 and cutting .02 every ten days or two weeks. and holding (according to my symptoms). So in 10 days I only cut .02  That's is really really slow!

I may want to try to do your same taper once I reach 1.1  ( beginning in February) and  see if my body can handle it.

Question... if I reduce my dose  by .02 every two days, isnt that  the same as reducing .01 every day?

(The reason I don't want to do .01 mg reduction every day is because....  My ten ml syringe has marks for every 2mg but not for every 1mg. So it's just more accurate to reduce by the line on the syring than between two lines on the syringe) and I will still be using a 10:1 solution of water and Valium.

I hope I made myself understandable. Thanks for your help.

Heath  :idiot::crazy:???

Also, I know that when I get lower in my dose I will have to slow down and be very careful of percentages in my cuts. Also put in holds as needed.

[42...]