Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks kiddo. I have read your blog as well and empathize with your struggle.  This taper is rough. Klonopin never agreed with me and turned on me quick. The mental turmoil I suffer with is just too much sometimes. I have connected with Carita who lives near me. She has been a great support. I am sorry we are all here but without this forum I don't know what I would do given I don't have much on the ground suppport.  Thanks for welcoming me. Hugs.

Warrior

gardner99,

About the fear of Dentists. It sounds crazy and if I read this before starting my taper I would have flipped it off as nonsense but it is very true.

For me it was the time leading upto the appointment that was worst. I filled mysel with all sorts of stupid what ifs and what will I do if this or that.

I was doomed from the onset.

I have had colonoscopies, NG tubes through my nose into my stomach, I was fine but nothing puts the panic in me like dental work. Crazy as it sounds.  :idiot:

I thought it must be some hidden alien abduction memory doing it to me. :laugh:

It will pass. As I get lower and off I have no doubt.

Thanks for the words of support.

ATU

Warrior - I'm so glad you connected with Carita. She is such a lovely woman...you have a good support person with her. This is just so hard sometimes, and seemingly never ending...but I believe the people who've healed that say it'll all be worth it. Until then, we just all have to hang on to each other.  :smitten:

Reba - I see you're on HRT...does that need to be adjusted? Are you post-menopausal? What does your doctor say regarding the results?

I'm surgically postmenopausal since 2013

I was on the shot monthly

That is back ordered all over the US so I haven't had any for a short time...

She put me on topical the day she drew the labs

I am hoping the estrogen will help some of my symptoms

Fear of dentists is very common. I've had gazillions of medical procedures, too, even chest tubes and neurosurgery. But waiting to go into the dentist still sends my anxiety through the roof. Something about dentists must hit some sort of primordial fear!  :o

So yesterday was a bit better for me, comparitively speaking .... And I had moments of feeling almost normal and remembering  what that felt like .... Wow, I'm so used to feeling horrible .

And then today was really awful..... It's almost worse when you have a little break followed by back into the trenches, I was so hopeful that today would be better too, and it wasn't.

It's crazy making..... :crazy:

I guess I should take this a good sign that some healing is taking place?

I have a phone call with my doctor in the morning and I'm nervous about it, he's a new doctor for me , and supports Valium withdrawal tapers, I'm just not sure of his point of view on lomg turtle tapers ....dr Madill in Sebastapol, anyone know him?

Hope everyone had a good or at least ok day today

MiYu  :smitten:

Oh wow MIYU! That's great news! That's how I started to get better after my long hold! It does get better and worse,, back and forth, but that's how benzos are. But I bet this is the beginning of really good news. I bet your windows will begin to come more often now and last longer, little by little.

When I started to get Windows after a long period of hellish days during my hold, they first appeared for only about one or two hours a day. Then they'd disappear completely and I was so discourages, but then they came back.  Then they began getting longer until one day

I realized the days were getting better and better. I no longer had windows, I just plain had good days. ( then I started to have waves for about two hours a day, but the rest of the days was great.)

Now I am going really slow and I have very little wdsx except fir the pins and needles.It's like a miracle! ( so far so good!)

I just feel it in my bones that this is where you are headed too. Keep up the great work Miyu! Don't be discouraged by the rollercoaster of ups and downs.And please don't make any big cuts, even when you feel good. It's not worth it to mess yourself up!

You made my day Miyu! I am jumping for joy because I know how much you have been and still are suffering. But I just feel it!  that things are turning around fir you... don't give up or give in....even if you still have crappy days, just believe that you are on your way!  :yippee:

Heath :smitten:

Hey all,

I've been reading the boards a lot lately - I have far too much time on my hands :D (actually, this is work avoidance at it's worst. :idiot:).  What I've seen is very encouraging.  There are lots of posts extolling the benefits of holds and slow, symptom based tapers.  This is a big change from when I first came here a year ago.  It's remarkable to see the stark differences in the signatures of those doing well vs those having bad problems.  You can almost just read the signature and predict how someone is doing.

Thinking of all and wishing a good day for all the buddies. :smitten: :smitten:

All this dentist talk. :P  I've had dentist "issues" since forever.  I have a perio apt next week.  I was trying to avoid thinking about it! :D

Lynn, you are so right, I have noticed the same, the tone is different and I am also reading about the holds, and I am so glad that buddies are looking into a different way of getting through this, and as you know we are all different, and the same old rush and jump mentality is obsolete of course some will do alright with this, but not all will, this is a New Time going forward, and hope everyone here on the boards will find the right way for them. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

Lynn, you are so right, I have noticed the same, the tone is different and I am also reading about the holds, and I am so glad that buddies are looking into a different way of getting through this, and as you know we are all different, and the same old rush and jump mentality is obsolete of course some will do alright with this, but not all will, this is a New Time going forward, and hope everyone here on the boards will find the right way for them. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

I think a lot have figured out this doesn't have to be a miserable experience and that you can FUNCTION while you taper.  :)--V

Hi everyone! I am another one who struggles around my time of the month. Last month, I just cried and cried for no apparent reason around my time of the month.

Warrior - This is my third time on K and it has never agreed with me either. It has given me depression since the first time I took it this time. So I am with you. It is rough this time! I didn't have any problems coming off the other 2 times. All we can do is hang on and hang in until this is over!

Hugs to everyone!  :smitten:

You guys are all so sweet , thank you so so much for your love and encouragement , again. :smitten::hug:

You've all made my day too  :-*:smitten:

Today was easier than yesterday , not as good as the day before , but still, not terrible.... So , I'm holding on and believing that this hold WILL work!

My doctor was supportive of a symptom based taper... Good news , so I think I'm ok as far as getting what I need prescription wise.

On the dentist thing... Omg.... I have three appointments in February ! Ugh..... I can't wait anylonger or I'll loose my teeth . And my two front teeth are going black ! So I have to go..... Maybe I'll get lucky and have good enough days that it won't be so bad .

Love and hugs to all of you  :smitten:

MiYu

I'm really glad your doctor is supportive of you, Miyu. That makes all the difference in the world! However, I have nothing good to say about dentists! :o:laugh:

Gard :smitten:

Hi Anne, glad to read your post, hope you are doing well, and hope Hubby is gaining strength.

:hug::smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood,

Thank you, things are going well here.  Yes, my husband is getting better every day.  It amazes me how much healing takes place each week. 

I hope you are doing well.  Thank you for always being so caring, supportive, and sweet to everyone.  You are awesome!!

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, glad to read your post, hope you are doing well, and hope Hubby is gaining strength.

:hug::smitten: :smitten:

Hi Begood,

Thank you, things are going well here.  Yes, my husband is getting better every day.  It amazes me how much healing takes place each week. 

I hope you are doing well.  Thank you for always being so caring, supportive, and sweet to everyone.  You are awesome!!

Anne xoxox  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Anne, I am doing well, little benzo belly, but is much better with my hot peppermint tea. all is well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello

I hope  everyone is beginning to have better days.  I have been having pretty good days. My pins and needles, and my neck ache that has been with me for so long have both begun to go away.

My sdfx have been minimal so I can't complain. .

I have been cutting .02 each time for a while now. It seems like that is the amount that my body handles well.

So I have cut .02 again today.  Now I will hold for about ten days and see what my body tells me. My last .02 cut was a 1.75 % cut. That's really small . But if it gives me no side effects, that's good. I guess I am a turtle like some of you call yourselves. And that's fine with me.

Maybe my next cut I'll try .03 and see if my body can handle it. I hope it can? : ???:o

Ok, be back soon. I hope everyone will have good days with peace healing and happiness.

Hello

I hope  everyone is beginning to have better days.  I have been having pretty good days. My pins and needles, and my neck ache that has been with me for so long have both begun to go away.

My sdfx have been minimal so I can't complain. .

I have been cutting .02 each time for a while now. It seems like that is the amount that my body handles well.

So I have cut .02 again today.  Now I will hold for about ten days and see what my body tells me. My last .02 cut was a 1.75 % cut. That's really small . But if it gives me no side effects, that's good. I guess I am a turtle like some of you call yourselves. And that's fine with me.

Maybe my next cut I'll try .03 and see if my body can handle it. I hope it can? : ???:o

Ok, be back soon. I hope everyone will have good days with peace healing and happiness.

Awesome Heath!  :thumbsup:

[1c...]