Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Gard, I have no idea if I need 100ml or 1000.  My brain has given up!

Lynn. You can use 100ml of solution. Thou can then use the 1ml syringe to make the .001 daily cut.  :)-- V

Lynn. You can use 100ml of solution. Thou can then use the 1ml syringe to make the .001 daily cut.  :)-- V

I was going to edit the "Thou" but got a laugh out of it.  :laugh:

So then how much would Lynn drink just .001 I seem to be stuck on stupid today numbers eewww

So then how much would Lynn drink just .001 I seem to be stuck on stupid today numbers eewww

She would use the number marks on the 1ml syringe to make the reductions. For example the number 1 on the syringe would be equal to .001, the 2 would be .002, etc.  providing the syringe has 10 marks on it.  :)--V

Ok.  So V, I take 1ml X liquid (=1mg pill) and dilute with 100ml water.  Now each ml is .01mg X

To get my current dose of .094, I take 9.4ml of my concoction.  I can reduce this liquid by .01 per day and end up dropping .03 every 30 days(??)

Each bottle of dilute should last me around 11 days (to start)?

Having achieved stability a while before Christmas I have got to like the feeling of being more or less free of s/x, which I thought at one time would never clear up.

I have climbed back into my life, even enjoying the odd alcoholic drink at Xmas with minimal ill effects, something that was impossible as recently as October.

I started a microtaper last week but halted as I was experiencing s/x again and needed to be fit to face a seriously draining hospital visit today. And if I am honest, because I just didn't like how I felt.

Anyone else have this same issue of long-hold inertia? Stability is such a treasured prize. I know it is something of an illusion bought at the cost of drug dependency but it is so hard to make yourself voluntarily feel ill, which is what I face.

Hello E,

That's a tough one.  I put myself through some pretty intense torture with my first 2 cuts (8mg to 2mg, then 2mg to 1mg) and decided to take 8 months off.  It was not easy to get back to it because I felt great.  The wd was gone and all the problems of the high dose of xanax were gone.  I just didn't want to have to take these pills for the sole purpose of avoiding wd.  Once I decided to just slow it the heck down things haven't been too bad.  The whole thing is still a major pain but I try not to think about too much - just get out there and live my life.  Time is going by pretty fast and the taper doesn't interfere much anymore.

I'm about to start a liquid micro-taper as well.  I've heard that some have an adjustment.  I'm going to give it some time - at least a couple of weeks.  Are you planning to give it another shot?  It sure makes sense that this would be a gentler way to go, rather than the shock of cut and hold.

I am going to try the liquid microtaper again.

Interesting that you say it can take a couple of weeks to adjust. I have put a thread on the w/d support forum asking about this. No replies yet but I'm hoping for some feedback.

Interesting that you say it can take a couple of weeks to adjust. I have put a thread on the w/d support forum asking about this. No replies yet but I'm hoping for some feedback.

Hi E!  I did a slight updose when I switched to liquid as I had sxs ramp up on about the 3rd day on the solution. It may have just been because I was expecting a slight uptick in sxs or maybe it was real. Who knows with this benzo madnesss.  :)--V

Ok.  So V, I take 1ml X liquid (=1mg pill) and dilute with 100ml water.  Now each ml is .01mg X

To get my current dose of .094, I take 9.4ml of my concoction.  I can reduce this liquid by .01 per day and end up dropping .03 every 30 days(??)

Each bottle of dilute should last me around 11 days (to start)?

Yes. If you drop 1ml a day, that gives you a daily drop of .01. If you want a smaller drop of .001, you would use the numbers on the 1ml syringe if it is marked in .1mg increments.

I assume you're only cutting 3 days if you only want to drop .03 otherwise it amounts to .3 dropping .01 for 30 days.  :)--V

What does the letter "l" (el) stand for?- ie the original poster said he was on l (el) for twenty years. Lorazepam?

Either that or Librium.  :)--V

E, after my hold, I took several weeks to change over to liquid. Then I started cutting at a rate of 2% and inched up to 10% (as a monthly rate). When I hit 10% my symptoms came roaring back. I am holding this week. It's not worth it to go back to where I was. Totally not worth it.

What does the letter "l" (el) stand for?- ie the original poster said he was on l (el) for twenty years. Lorazepam?

Either that or Librium.  :)--V

I think Oscar is on Librium.

V,

I'll be dropping .001 per day from my current .094    So I'll make 100ML batch and drink 9.4ml day 1, 9.39 day 2, etc.  This will cut .03 per month - same as I am doing now.  I am hoping it will be smoother.  My dumbbell pharmacist told my pdoc that the liquid alprazolam is not manufactured.  I'm switching from this grocery store to CVS.  I've had more problems over the years. :tickedoff:

V,

I'll be dropping .001 per day from my current .094    So I'll make 100ML batch and drink 9.4ml day 1, 9.39 day 2, etc.  This will cut .03 per month - same as I am doing now.  I am hoping it will be smoother.  My dumbbell pharmacist told my pdoc that the liquid alprazolam is not manufactured.  I'm switching from this grocery store to CVS.  I've had more problems over the years. :tickedoff:

OK. Now I see what you're doing.  :thumbsup:

Brain overload!  :stretcher:

At this point, I no longer have any idea what anybody is doing. Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow. Sleep well!

Gard :sleepy:

Oh man!  I'm all confused again!  I think I messed that up V.  I'll be going down .001mg per day.  So my liquid that I drink will start at 9.4ml (my current dose of .094mg) and drop to 9.3, 9.2, 9.1 etc.  So .1ml drop per day.  One ml every 10 days, 3 every 30 days.  Man I need to go to bed too!

Oh man!  I'm all confused again!  I think I messed that up V.  I'll be going down .001mg per day.  So my liquid that I drink will start at 9.4ml (my current dose of .094mg) and drop to 9.3, 9.2, 9.1 etc.  So .1ml drop per day.  One ml every 10 days, 3 every 30 days.  Man I need to go to bed too!

That's what I was thinking lol. We'll get it sorted out. I need to refocus my brain on 100ml solution. I use 10ml so I sometimes get confused  :idiot:

Time for another hold for me.  >:(

Guess I'm just supposed to wait for symptoms to settle down to manageable again. This is new territory for me. Did my long hold. Tapered away about 7%. Heading in a bad direction. Do not want to end up where I was before my long hold!

This is why I chose to just grit my teeth and taper off the last 2mg 3 weeks at a time per cut. I never stabilised, but I much preferred to do that and get off the poison than to do a long hold, then taper a bit, then do another long hold etc etc. That would have driven me mad and feel like I'm never gonna make it off. And it's good to know that at 0, when I eventually do come good it's for the last time and there's no more tapering.

But it's good that this method is working for you.

Hi E  :hug: When you begin a liquid taper dot no drop the dose immediately hold for 2 to 4 weeks to allow your body to get used to the liquid at the dose your at now then cut it slowly in small amounts daily to see how you go before cutting by 1mg or you may need to stay lower than that anyway, or you may be able to work up to it. I would start by 00.2 a day and see how you go, that's number 2 on a 1ml syringe, then slowly build up form there.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Time for another hold for me.  >:(

Guess I'm just supposed to wait for symptoms to settle down to manageable again. This is new territory for me. Did my long hold. Tapered away about 7%. Heading in a bad direction. Do not want to end up where I was before my long hold!

This is why I chose to just grit my teeth and taper off the last 2mg 3 weeks at a time per cut. I never stabilised, but I much preferred to do that and get off the poison than to do a long hold, then taper a bit, then do another long hold etc etc. That would have driven me mad and feel like I'm never gonna make it off. And it's good to know that at 0, when I eventually do come good it's for the last time and there's no more tapering.

But it's good that this method is working for you.

Yes indeed whatever works for us, all are so different how we are willing to deal with our taper and results, but in the end, we will be all Free, some just sooner than others. Once again Shamo I asked how you are doing?, have been thinking of you and knowing you had a rough time, hope things are better for you. :)

Maybe I will updose slightly rater than try a tiny cut...

Hi E!  I did a slight updose when I switched to liquid as I had sxs ramp up on about the 3rd day on the solution. It may have just been because I was expecting a slight uptick in sxs or maybe it was real. Who knows with this benzo madnesss.  :)--V

Hey E,

Pls let me know how it goes.  At this point I think I will just hold for a week since xanax usually causes problems within 3 days.  Isn't this just ridiculous what we have to go thru?  I'm hoping to spend tomorrow in the "lab" :crazy: and start Wednesday.  I can't decide whether to go down to once a day dosing (from 2).  I'll probably wait a couple of weeks to make that change so I don't mix up what is causing what.

[f7...]