Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

The posts about foot cramps brought back some memories.  I get them sometimes, but in my case I do not think they were related to withdrawal.  I have found that eating a banana and drinking a glass or two of water will eliminate them.  The cramps can be caused by dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Predicament!

A  casual acquaintance of mine mentioned that she used to take Ambien 10mg to sleep every night but it stopped working for her, even when she took 2 10mg pills. ( she probably has reached tolerance) So her doctor changed her to temezopam, which is another benzo ( also called Restoril). She has no idea about what is going on. She follows her dr blindly. She has no idea what is going on with my accidental addiction and that I am withdrawing and having a hell of a time.i don't share this but only with a select few friends.

What do I do?  Mind my own business and Keep my mouth shut?

Open my mouth and be a butt-in- skee?

I'm really not that close to her and she may be offended and tell me to mind my Own business.

But I hate to see what is happening to me, happen to her. And, perhaps, it is too late to save her from that. Some people don't want to get off of the drug. But to take these meds without being properly informed is just worse than terrible!

My own sister takes Xanax every night to sleep and does not want to hear what I have to say.

So do I keep my mouth shut?

Heath ???

Heath a Lady at the Market I shop at, was telling me she had started taking a benzo, and right there, that very minute, I took her aside and told her my story, she was wary, and I told her I was not trying to scare her, but to ask her to consider getting off right away, well I left with a feeling that I had not helped her at all, so when I did talk to her after I never said another word, about 6 months later, she pulled me aside and told me, that she listened to me, as she took a pill each morning she had a nagging feeling and remembered what I had said, and a week after my talk, she started cutting peices off of her pill, and was finished, and she thanked me and gave me a hug. She was not on it very long, and she was one of the lucky ones. :)

Hi Everyone!!

I have been reading the posts and trying to catch up.  I hope everyone is doing well today.

Things are better here.  My husband is recovering nicely. 

As for me, I am still experiencing loads of chemical anxiety.  Every time I go out, I get lightheaded, off balance, and shaky.  My BP also spikes.  I have an appointment with a cardiologist next month.  I want to get everything checked out just in case.

Stay warm!!  I wish everyone long windows.

Anne xoxox    :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, so happy to hear from you and happy that hubby is better. I know it had to be your good loving care. You have been missed. So sorry you are having a bad time of it, one never knows how this is going to go and I think a checkup will not hurt, it will put your mind at ease.  Nothing is easy with benzo's and their need to "keep on giving to us", you have reached a hitch in the road to Recovery, but with time hopefully all will get better.  :hug::mybuddy::smitten:

Predicament!

A  casual acquaintance of mine mentioned that she used to take Ambien 10mg to sleep every night but it stopped working for her, even when she took 2 10mg pills. ( she probably has reached tolerance) So her doctor changed her to temezopam, which is another benzo ( also called Restoril). She has no idea about what is going on. She follows her dr blindly. She has no idea what is going on with my accidental addiction and that I am withdrawing and having a hell of a time.i don't share this but only with a select few friends.

I'm really not that close to her and she may be offended and tell me to mind my Own business.

But I hate to see what is happening to me, happen to her. And, perhaps, it is too late to save her from that. Some people don't want to get off of the drug. But to take these meds without being properly informed is just worse than terrible!

My own sister takes Xanax every night to sleep and does not want to hear what I have to say.

Heath ???

Heath a Lady at the Market I shop at, was telling me she had started taking a benzo, and right there, that very minute, I took her aside and told her my story, she was wary, and I told her I was not trying to scare her, but to ask her to consider getting off right away, well I left with a feeling that I had not helped her at all, so when I did talk to her after I never said another word, about 6 months later, she pulled me aside and told me, that she listened to me, as she took a pill each morning she had a nagging feeling and remembered what I had said, and a week after my talk, she started cutting peices off of her pill, and was finished, and she thanked me and gave me a hug. She was not on it very long, and she was one of the lucky ones. :)

I'm not shy at all when I find out someone is considering or has just started a benzo or z drug. I tell them to get out while they can and run the other way. These are generally strangers. I even tell parents in the schools to get their kids off the drugs which is a big no no, but I'd rather get in trouble than have their kids stay on for years and become a mess later on. I think it's important we speak up and educate the public about the dangers involved.  :)--V

Predicament!

Heath ???

You could try printing out this article and giving it to her. Very good investigative reporting with real life stories to give it personal touch and make it readable.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/2119922-151/benzodiazepines-treat-anxiety-cause-long-term-problems#

Hi Anne.  Welcome back and so very glad that your husband is recovering.  I am sorry that you are having problems with the sxs.  I'm quite sure that the stress has played a major role.  I hope you start feeling better very soon. :smitten:

ATU, Valley, Heath, Solitude, Anne!

Thanks again. I will try the Coq10 but I am now overloading on vitamin b's as one dr said that will help--so far, it's not. Mag does. I think I may get some compression socks--very attractive I know--but might help stabilize feet at night---and I think they are good for circulation which couldn't hurt as my feet (and hands) are always freezing. I'll try the water too--I haven't ben drinking as much as usual over the holidays---

Thanks to you all. This is one lonely road and honestly, I have a dear husband and wonderful friends--but NOBODY wants to hear about this stuff and I guess I cant blame them. I'm sure I'm insufferable in a wave. The anxiety about what is REALLY causing all of this is always eating away at me. So hard to believe it's the drugs--even though I know---somewhere--that is is. Somehow the physical symptoms really take me by surprise.

I'm tempted to get another blood panel done for thyroid and electrolytes and just request NO ANA tests b/c.... I DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Heath,

That is a tough one.  If the topic comes up I usually say something about how awful these pills are and the terrible problems they cause.  I don't generally (well, hardly ever) talk about my situation.  I probably would if the conversation went further.  I think putting up the warning shot is appropriate.  Hopefully that warning/comment will lead people to investigate further.

ATU, Valley, Heath, Solitude, Anne!

Thanks again. I will try the Coq10 but I am now overloading on vitamin b's as one dr said that will help--so far, it's not. Mag does. I think I may get some compression socks--very attractive I know--but might help stabilize feet at night---and I think they are good for circulation which couldn't hurt as my feet (and hands) are always freezing. I'll try the water too--I haven't ben drinking as much as usual over the holidays---

Thanks to you all. This is one lonely road and honestly, I have a dear husband and wonderful friends--but NOBODY wants to hear about this stuff and I guess I cant blame them. I'm sure I'm insufferable in a wave. The anxiety about what is REALLY causing all of this is always eating away at me. So hard to believe it's the drugs--even though I know---somewhere--that is is. Somehow the physical symptoms really take me by surprise.

I'm tempted to get another blood panel done for thyroid and electrolytes and just request NO ANA tests b/c.... I DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Yup. :( There's no way they can really understand if they haven't been through it. Thank heavens we have each other here on BB. Or should I said, thank Colin! :laugh:

Hi Everyone!!

I have been reading the posts and trying to catch up.  I hope everyone is doing well today.

Things are better here.  My husband is recovering nicely. 

As for me, I am still experiencing loads of chemical anxiety.  Every time I go out, I get lightheaded, off balance, and shaky.  My BP also spikes.  I have an appointment with a cardiologist next month.  I want to get everything checked out just in case.

Stay warm!!  I wish everyone long windows.

Anne xoxox    :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Anne, so happy to hear from you and happy that hubby is better. I know it had to be your good loving care. You have been missed. So sorry you are having a bad time of it, one never knows how this is going to go and I think a checkup will not hurt, it will put your mind at ease.  Nothing is easy with benzo's and their need to "keep on giving to us", you have reached a hitch in the road to Recovery, but with time hopefully all will get better.  :hug::mybuddy::smitten:

Hi Begood,

Thank you so much. Yes, time should help, especially stress free time.  I hope all is well with you. 

Happy Sunday.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Welcome back Anne! Hope the anxiety lets up now that things have settled down.  :)--V

Hi Val,

Thank you for the welcome.  Yes, I also hope the anxiety lets up soon.  It is the worse symptom because it leads to BP spikes.  I hope that you are feeling less of the anxiety now.

Have a great day.

Anne :smitten:

Hi Anne.  Welcome back and so very glad that your husband is recovering.  I am sorry that you are having problems with the sxs.  I'm quite sure that the stress has played a major role.  I hope you start feeling better very soon. :smitten:

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much.  I also believe the stress is the main reason for the uptick in symptoms. 

I hope all is still going well with you.  I see that you are at a very low dose now and will be almost finished soon.  I am so happy for you!!

Anne  :smitten:

Hi Anne,

Glad to have you back with us. Hope all things get better and better for you and your hubby.. I know you and he are both having a rough time. I hope things improve and you both are feeling good again real soon.

Heath :smitten: (((hugs)))

Question for group,...

Has anyone else here had bad tight neck shoulder muscles? It even feels like my throat is tight.

I would sure appreciate any remedies for this.

Thanks all

ATU

Question for group,...

Has anyone else here had bad tight neck shoulder muscles? It even feels like my throat is tight.

I would sure appreciate any remedies for this.

Thanks all

ATU

Hi ATU. I've had all of the above and still get the tight neck and shoulder muscles. I had the swallowing issue last year when I had tapered too fast. I couldn't swallow hardly anything as it would gag me. I can't think of any remedies outside applying heat to your muscles, hot bath, gentle massage etc. I think only time will remedy the tight throat issue.  :)--V

ValleyUm,

Thanks for the response, Im doing all those things and Im sure Im being a big baby about anyway.

I just hate it when these things crop up when they shouldnt be. Or atleat I didnt expect it.

Ill keep using heat then cold then massage.

Thanks again!  :thumbsup:

ATU

ATU, I know how you feel, I have not had it this go round, but I sure had it my first two hellish tapers, my shoulders felt like they were wrapped around my neck, all of the above helped some, and I know once in a while have some tightness in that neck/shoulder muscle and what has helped with that is a hand held vibrator, with 4 pongs, Walmart carries them, but only have the tightness on occasion, hope it gets better, and also moist heat helps a lot for some. :)

ATU, I know how you feel, I have not had it this go round, but I sure had it my first two hellish tapers, my shoulders felt like they were wrapped around my neck, all of the above helped some, and I know once in a while have some tightness in that neck/shoulder muscle and what has helped with that is a hand held vibrator, with 4 pongs, Walmart carries them, but only have the tightness on occasion, hope it gets better, and also moist heat helps a lot for some. :)

Thanks Begood,

I have one of those massagers and I have been using the heat alternately with the cold pack. I have ordered some magnesium cream from Amazon to see if it helps as others have found it usful. We shall see. I suppose in the big scheme of life on the planet its not that big a deal!  :(

ATU

Thanks Begood,

I have one of those massagers and I have been using the heat alternately with the cold pack. I have ordered some magnesium cream from Amazon to see if it helps as others have found it usful. We shall see. I suppose in the big scheme of life on the planet its not that big a deal!  :(

ATU

Shake told me that she had those problems and she used Vicks and rubbed it on the area and it helped, I know...but it did take some of the discomfort away, sometimes the oldies are still good to use. :)

Hi ATU,

I have had tight neck and shoulder muscles for about six months. I have tried neck stretches, heat, massage, vibrator and even tennis balls in a sock to keep behind my neck to roll on.

Everything felt good while doing it, but unfortunately nothing had any lasting effect. I finally resorted to a soft neck collar that I just happen to have. When I wear it, the pain is gone. It's like a miracle. I can't explain why it works, but it sure works for me. Only it's not good to wear it all the time because some people say it will make your muscles weak.

Well maybe some of the things I listed will help you. I hope so. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube for neck stretches as well.

All in all, I think it's just weak muscles that are traveling around in that area, and time will be the best healer.

I hope you find relief soon!

Heathcliff :)

ATU,

I've had the neck muscle issue on and off (it's "off" now.  YAY!) throughout and also, at times, a feeling that someone is strangling me!  Strange stuff but clearly wd in my case.  A very hot shower beating down on my neck helped alot.  Also, some motrin and neck stretching.

[85...]