Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Gard,

I do cut and hold.  I'm doing very well with 30 day holds.  I pretty much keep to the 30 days even if I am feeling quite well.  I've just decided that some extra holding while I feel well is a good thing for my old brain.  If I am still seeing too many sxs after 30 days - I will hold longer.  This hasn't happened so far since I resumed my taper after a 4 month hold last Spring but I am playing it by ear based on symptoms and will hold if necessary.

For those who are doing a combination of holds and cutting, how do you decide it's time to put in a hold? Do you have a set pattern you use or do you go symptoms-based? Do you hold immediately when a certain symptom appears or ramps up or do you wait and see if it's a blip? Thanks.

Gard

I do a 10 day daily cut then 10 day hold. I've gone a little faster over the break but wish I would have kept the same pattern. I kept cutting because I was feeling better as I cut but it doesn't take long to start falling in the hole again.  :)--V

Yes, yes, I wanna see them too!

Yep me "toooooooooooooooo" ;D

I've looked through all my photos and can't find them. I think I might have lost them when my computer crashed a few years ago but I will keep looking.  :)--V

I've looked through all my photos and can't find them. I think I might have lost them when my computer crashed a few years ago but I will keep looking.  :)--V

Thats OK, you could take some new ones. ;)::);)

For those who are doing a combination of holds and cutting, how do you decide it's time to put in a hold? Do you have a set pattern you use or do you go symptoms-based? Do you hold immediately when a certain symptom appears or ramps up or do you wait and see if it's a blip? Thanks.

Gard

I taper for 14 days, and then hold for 1-2 months or longer. It works well as long as I do not let the benzo  >:D catch hold of me, I run like heck to get away. :D

I will when it warms up. It's colder today than it was yesterday. All the schools are out across the state. I feel bad for a couple of communities south of here as their power is out and won't be restored for several hours. This is the worst time to have your power out. Record snow and cold this year lol.  :)--V

I will when it warms up. It's colder today than it was yesterday. All the schools are out across the state. I feel bad for a couple of communities south of here as their power is out and won't be restored for several hours. This is the worst time to have your power out. Record snow and cold this year lol.  :)--V

Yes no power is a killer more ways than one, makes you humble for what we have for sure. :)

Hey Gard,

I do cut and hold.  I'm doing very well with 30 day holds.  I pretty much keep to the 30 days even if I am feeling quite well.  I've just decided that some extra holding while I feel well is a good thing for my old brain.  If I am still seeing too many sxs after 30 days - I will hold longer.  This hasn't happened so far since I resumed my taper after a 4 month hold last Spring but I am playing it by ear based on symptoms and will hold if necessary.

Thanks, Lynn. I'm doing MT.

Yes, in the snow with chickens all over you. You could hold one over your face for privacy. ;) Guess the chickens don't get privacy though! They would probably want the fame anyway.  ;D

Agreed! Very scary!

So, BG and V, with your MT and hold pattern, what kind of monthly rate are you doing? After my long hold, I was just trying to inch up to 10%.

I think I just hit 10% a few days ago. I slept poorly last night and woke up with that weird inner trembling that I haven't had in ages. But, this has been a very stressful week and I've had no choice but to push myself to solve problems (such as multiple car breakdowns). Then I forget to eat when I get stressed. Then I ate a bunch of junk last night before bed because suddenly I was starving. Now I am very, very tired.

Hard to know if I need to stick in a hold or just settle down and eat and rest properly.

Gard

So, BG and V, with your MT and hold pattern, what kind of monthly rate are you doing? After my long hold, I was just trying to inch up to 10%.

I think I just hit 10% a few days ago. I slept poorly last night and woke up with that weird inner trembling that I haven't had in ages. But, this has been a very stressful week and I've had no choice but to push myself to solve problems (such as multiple car breakdowns). Then I forget to eat when I get stressed. Then I ate a bunch of junk last night before bed because suddenly I was starving. Now I am very, very tired.

Hard to know if I need to stick in a hold or just settle down and eat and rest properly.

Gard

I think it is about 5-6%, V would remember. :).

Gard

I think it is about 5-6%, V would remember. :).

I try to stick around 5-6% a month and try not to go over 7%.  :)--V

OK, could somebody give me the math equation on how you figure percents? I could be way off. And my math skills are lost in my benzo brain. :'(

OK, could somebody give me the math equation on how you figure percents? I could be way off. And my math skills are lost in my benzo brain. :'(

If you are on 2mg and wanted to reduce 10% , then the cut would be .2mg. so your dose will be 1.8mg (2 x .10 =.20)

If you are on 2mg and wanted to reduce 10% , then the cut would be .2mg. so your dose will be 1.8mg (2 x .10 =.20)

For monthly you would divide the .20 by 30. .20/30=.006

Despite his preferred sleeping arrangements and his proclivity for having chickens sitting on him, I knew V wasn't a bird-brain when it came to math! :thumbsup::laugh:

Despite his preferred sleeping arrangements and his proclivity for having chickens sitting on him, I knew V wasn't a bird-brain when it came to math! :thumbsup::laugh:

It depends on the day.  :laugh:

It depends on the day.  :laugh:

Uh oh!

Brain still not working...Now I am "thinking out loud."

I take my L in 5mg capsules. I take 3 whole capsules and 3 dissolved capsules every day. Each dose is one part capsule and one part liquid.

So that's 30mg/day spread into 3 doses. (Right?)

Now I have tapered away an insignificant amount of the liquid so lets just pretend I'm still at 30mg.

The liquid is dissolving 5mg to make 100ml of liquid.

I started at removing .2ml from each dose. I have inched up over about a month to removing .6ml of liquid from each dose each day. Times 3 = reducing 1.8ml/day.

And that's where my brain stops. :wacko:

What percent per month is this?

Also, how did you decide to do MT and holds rather than just do the 7% (or whatever) as consistent cuts all month?

Thanks!

I take my L in 5mg capsules. I take 3 whole capsules and 3 dissolved capsules every day. Each dose is one part capsule and one part liquid.

Now I have tapered away an insignificant amount of the liquid so lets just pretend I'm still at 30mg.

I started at removing .2ml from each dose. I have inched up over about a month to removing .6ml of liquid from each dose each day. Times 3 = reducing 1.8ml/day.

Also, how did you decide to do MT and holds rather than just do the 7% (or whatever) as consistent cuts all month?

Thanks!

By my calculations that is close to 10%. 30*.1=3/30=.1.  With your solution at 20ml=1mg, 2ml per day would equal 10% per month. Say a prayer for my math.  :laugh:

It's got to be better than mine. So I am under 10%. That's good!

Say, V, you will like this one. Georgia's governor just declared a state of emergency because they are expecting 2-4" of snow! 

Maybe we should send a convoy of plows and salters down to them. And people who know how to use them.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It's got to be better than mine. So I am under 10%. That's good!

Say, V, you will like this one. Georgia's governor just declared a state of emergency because they are expecting 2-4" of snow! 

Maybe we should send a convoy of plows and salters down to them. And people who know how to use them.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

That is funny. We got more snow in 5 weeks than we get all year and life goes on.  :)--V

Yes, I supposed it's too late to give them all winter driving lessons, though.  :'(

They will have to take the "crash course" themselves. ::)

Just stay home and be safe y'all!

Thanks!

5mg/100ml=.05mg per ml

1.8ml x 30 days =54ml

54ml x .05= 2.7mg

2.7 / 30 = .09 or 9%

[40...]