Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Miyu, my wit come and goes as it pleases. Totally hijacked by benzos. :P 

I'm glad you are getting those evening windows. A good sign. :thumbsup:

BG, I pass. A class parents with heels all the way! Or one of V's chickens, provided you don't try to eat our class parent.

Gard :smitten:

Perhaps a Rooster, too tough to eat. :D

You could try to eat one of my chickens but I think they're all frozen lol. Minus 30 degrees here last night.  :)--V

It is 13 here. Well I hope Peta does not read this post, you will be in chicken do-do, because those poor chickens need heat and blankets and heck just bring the poor frozen birdies in the house, :angel::)

LOL. I can assure you I have several heat lamps in their insulated coop. It's nice and cozy in there.  :)--V

Well since you do not have feathers spending the night with them is out, but that is nice to have heat lamps, Peta will like that. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

How do you know V isn't in there?  He's awfully darn protective of those things!  I can see him in his long johns... :D :D :D

Yes you are right, he loves his  Chickens. :laugh:

Are we having a cold contest? 0 degrees here. -10 tonight. No idea what the wind chill is and sure I don't want to know. In any case, I think V will always win.

V, has the cold ever made your car remote fail? Mine just did. Worked fine this afternoon and doesn't work at all right now. Did not like standing the the grocery store parking lot in the dark/cold/wind trying to find the darn key hole. >:( But also don't like the idea of paying to figure out what's wrong. I don't think it could be the battery because it did not fail slowly. Just failed like flipping a switch off. No click, no nothing. :'(

Gard

Are we having a cold contest? 0 degrees here. -10 tonight. No idea what the wind chill is and sure I don't want to know. In any case, I think V will always win.

V, has the cold ever made your car remote fail? Mine just did. Worked fine this afternoon and doesn't work at all right now. Did not like standing the the grocery store parking lot in the dark/cold/wind trying to find the darn key hole. >:( But also don't like the idea of paying to figure out what's wrong. I don't think it could be the battery because it did not fail slowly. Just failed like flipping a switch off. No click, no nothing. :'(

I

Gard

Could be the battery in your car remote.  :)--V

I

Gard

Could be the battery in your car remote.  :)--V

I'll try that when the Walgreens opens, but I thought the battery would fail slowly, not instantly. I did locate a youtube video about how to change the battery in my style remote. It's so complicated it's like they are trying to keep you from doing it. >:( Don't they know I have a benzo brain! It will be so embarrassing and expensive if I have to ask my mechanic, who I have already seen 3 times this week!  :idiot:

You're all so witty  :laugh:

I used to be a really funny person, but I seem to have lost it of late..... It'll come back no doubt , it went with a part of my brain.....  :(

Begood... How do you cut and paste a photo that you took yourself? Cant figure  it out .

Thank you all as always for your encouragement , yes I'm still holding , well, that's after my attempt at a 1/16th mg microtaper cut a couple of weeks back. .... Kinda broke the hold there, but decided to leave it as is and not add it back in. I don't seem any worse, and still getting a little improvement here and there, evenings as I mentioned .

Hugs to everyone , I'm thinking of all of you .

MiYu  :hug:

MiYu funny will come back. I do not know how to do that with your own photos, but I think Evan said you had to have something like Photobucket. I would go to YouTube and type in your question. :)

Gard,

I just changed mine today.  There was a warning on my dash that said to change the battery.  I had to get the owner's manual out to figure out how to open the key.  Seems you would have had a warning message.

How do you know V isn't in there?  He's awfully darn protective of those things!  I can see him in his long johns... :D :D :D

I have been known to sit out with the chickens on some nights. They're such good listeners. I even have photos of them sitting all over me.  :laugh:

Gard,

I just changed mine today.  There was a warning on my dash that said to change the battery.  I had to get the owner's manual out to figure out how to open the key.  Seems you would have had a warning message.

But I have an ancient car. Really ancient. Probably pre-warning light. :'( I will definitely try the battery before I call my mechanic, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

When my car remote died, it died all at once with no warning. Had to call the auto club to open the door and get me going.

Oh dear!!!

About posting photos, I know they have to be put online somewhere so you have a location to put between the "Mona Lisa brackets."  You can't get them straight off your computer. I used to do it by putting them on a make-our-own-free-website (weebly) because I couldn't figure out photobucket. Weebly was easier for me because I learned it pre-benzo brain. I'm sure photobucket is not as hard as I think it is. ::)

I have been known to sit out with the chickens on some nights. They're such good listeners. I even have photos of them sitting all over me.  :laugh:

We wanna see them!!

We wanna see them!!

LOL. I may post them.  I need to sort through all my photos.  :)--V

You guys have all lost your minds ..... :crazy:. I don't know , I may have to find another group ...... ;D ;D

It's bl**dy freezing here too , and I'm in CA. we had snow a few days ago, didn't last but the power went out twice for about an hour, I may have to join V in the chicken coop......

::)

I just read a whole bunch of Builders posts ... What a great attitude he has , it was very encouraging, he held 3 YEARS! After failed C and H . Then microtapered off with very little problem .

I think I'm starting to get the mind set change , so much instilled from reading horror taper stories , I think it takes time to reset body and mind ......

You all know this stuff already don't you. I guess you can't really tell anyone anything until they are ready to hear it.....

:smitten:

I just read a whole bunch of Builders posts ... What a great attitude he has , it was very encouraging, he held 3 YEARS! After failed C and H . Then microtapered off with very little problem .

I think I'm starting to get the mind set change , so much instilled from reading horror taper stories , I think it takes time to reset body and mind ......

You all know this stuff already don't you. I guess you can't really tell anyone anything until they are ready to hear it.....

:smitten:

MiYu, yes your weather is going to get bad out there, I just saw on the News.

I think when buddies can read others stories when trying something new, helps a lot, it just reminds us that we all make choices in Life, and sometimes the choice to stop for a while seems to work out better in the long run. I believe with builder waiting for 3 years gave his Brain more time to heal and hence with a good taper plan, he succeeded, I believe we all will in our own time. :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

There is a H missing after S in the word Sitting, coz thats what Chickens will do if you sit there long enough  ;)

http://www.make4fun.com/download/funnypixstore/13475.jpg

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

For those who are doing a combination of holds and cutting, how do you decide it's time to put in a hold? Do you have a set pattern you use or do you go symptoms-based? Do you hold immediately when a certain symptom appears or ramps up or do you wait and see if it's a blip? Thanks.

Gard

[fc...]